Page 5 of 469 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 《神雕侠侣》 - Huang Xiaoming, Liu Yifei

Quote Originally Posted by Kikyo
    My gosh those Guo siblings look young. There doesn't seem to be a 16 year difference between Guo Fu and her younger brother and sister.
    Yang Mi is 18. I dunno how old the boy is.

I think she looks fine.

The angle of that pic makes them look shorter than they are.
    This account is retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiagurl
    i thought carman looks really the part of XLN, except for age. the fact that she needed close to no ornamentation but still caught my eye with her beauty tells me that she naturally has the XLN essence. her expressions were right on target. her so-called stiff acting is to me a good portrayal of how ill at ease she was with the outside world and also of her emotionless upbringing. her attitude seems to be more like that it never even crossed her mind to care about what others think
    I agree with you, since am a guy; from a guy perspective, I say Carman Lee is the BEST Xiao Long Nu too. She has lack of make up and her clothes and hair is PLAIN, REALLY PLAIN, just white and simple hair tied. But she carry the role so well, at least she get the MATURE, SERIOUS, QUIET Xiao Long Nu that was describe in the Jin Yong novel.
    Well, it all come down to personal taste when to say who you favor more. Only IGNORANT and IMMATURE people get all MAD when they hear others say that they like Carman Lee more then Liu Yi Fei.
    Good luck to Liu Yi Fei on her role, cuze to me, I don't think she fit the role; too babyish and lively and cheerful. I never remember a part in the Novel of Jin Yong, since I read the novel; say Xiao Long Nu was babyish and cheerful girl.

And Ah!! 1 more thing: Kikiyo, you never see the 1995 version, well you should, you fall in love with Carman in there. I don't know if you Viet or not, you can buy the set of 1995 version in Viet at www.saigoncd.com just under TVB section, or you can rent. It worth your time to watch.

Coming back to this version, Huang Xiao Ming Sword are so BIG, I never know that Jin Yong describe the swprd in the BOOK is that BIG NEITHER. And plus his hairdo, they should get rid of the RED hightlights. And to Liu Yi Fei, her custom are even too FANCY, what up with the chest showing? and all those braid on her hair. Isn't Xiao Long Nu suppose to be PLAIN and Ordinary?

Oh well, since it the NOVEL, each individuals has their own mind to picture how their PERFECT Xiao Long Nu to be. Liu Yi Fei just don't do it for me.

Kikyo
    Unregistered

I have considered buying the 1995 ROCH version. I've seen Spcnet's trailer for it. However, I don't just want to watch it because of the leads. Anyway, Carmen didn't really leave me a good impression after her portrayal of Huang Yu Yin. But, I may give it a try, after all, I was proven wrong about Athena Chu and Fan Bing Bing (both quite accomplished now I might add).

describe in the Jin Yong novel...I never remember a part in the Novel of Jin Yong
    No cinematic piece is ever supposed to emulate literature. If it did, the film would be without originality. There are some things that work for film and others that work for the written word. I've read tons of arguments between Tolkien purists and contemporary viewers regarding the LOTR trilogy and its lack of 'faith' to the literature. I for one welcome cinematic changes...if I've read it, seeing it again onscreen will be boring...I welcome something new, another perspective on the characters perhaps.

It doesn't need to follow the novel to the tee to be a good film. (Unless of course it's a Shakespearean play.) It's not practical anyway...novel long, allowed film time is too short. I've read and seen the 6hr mini-series of Pride and Prejudice (the film of which is said to be utterly faithful to the novel), and if not for the fab performances from the leads, I'd be bored to tears. IMO, a novel's sequence of events becomes retarded onscreen. And you can't perfectly reproduce descriptive looks unless its a Jap anime/OVA.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson18
    True..but don u tink Polu looks really young? like 13/14.
    Yang Mi (Guo Xiang) doesnt look as pretty as Chen Zi Han (Guo Fu). She looks weird in the pic too. Like a non chinese.
    they all look weird except for guo fu...i think shes the most beautiful actress in this series, even more so thn liu yifei. guo polu looks so much younger thn guo xiang which should not b the case. the actress for gx actually looks very sweet but the weird costumes n hair messes up her adorable image.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    Good luck to Liu Yi Fei on her role, cuze to me, I don't think she fit the role; too babyish and lively and cheerful. I never remember a part in the Novel of Jin Yong, since I read the novel; say Xiao Long Nu was babyish and cheerful girl.
    Ok, who do you know on the inside that allowed you to see previews of the Mainland series because you sound like you've seen it already.

If you have not, which I think you haven't, how would you know LYF is "babyish and lively and cheerful" as XLN? Based on what do you make your conclusion? Just because the actress gives you that impression, it doesn't mean that she will be the say way in character. That's why it's called acting. They can portray different types of people/demeanor/mannerism, etc.
    This account is retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    they all look weird except for guo fu...i think shes the most beautiful actress in this series, even more so thn liu yifei. guo polu looks so much younger thn guo xiang which should not b the case. the actress for gx actually looks very sweet but the weird costumes n hair messes up her adorable image.
    Totally agree, they all look weird, especially Liu Yi Fei

and flyingfox, sorry I dont like to talk to you or reply your message cuze you ignorant, bye, ah!! one thing, don't bother reply to me, cuze i won't answer

juz relax..cool it..its juz 1 mainland production, u don have to watch it question.
    i don think there's a series as annoying as richie ren's. juz hated his portrayal of yang guo
    u must have liked it question
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

Banned

Yes I do like that version, the only version I hate is the Liu Yi Fei version,
    one more thing, I am calm, there nothing to be mad about, you know why? Cuze I add flyingfox to my IGNORE LIST, what ever that little boy post, it going to be omit and I cannot read, so there nothing to get me piss about.

And I can't wait for this series to come out neither, let see how people in China react to this series. Carmen Lee was once, have million and million of China Fans, after the version of Louis and her show in China, even Jin Yong say that she the best Xiao Long Nu ever. Let wait and see what Jin Yong say about Liu Yi Fei once it come out.

How can you hate this version if it isn't even out yet? I have to admit, that I may not really like the idea of Liu Yi Fei being XLN, but I still can't say that I hate this version when I haven't even seen it yet. I like Xiao Ming a lot so I may give this series a try. You should calm down and not take everything to heart.

Also, if I remember correctly JY said that Idy Chan is the best XLN ever, not Carmen....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Kikyo
    Unregistered

Also, if I remember correctly JY said that Idy Chan is the best XLN ever, not Carmen....
    Not only that, the famous director HK Xiao Sheng also praised Idy Chan for having the most unique acting presence ever as XLN.

They also did this national HK vote for the best period drama actress and Idy Chan was 1st, Angie Chiu Ngar Chi 2nd, Christy Yang 3rd.

I've recently re-watched 83' ROCH and I understand how Idy has set such a high standard as XLN. True, she may not be absolutely faithful to the novel characterization, but her performance is breath taking. That scene when she tries to convince YG to leave while she stays behind to battle it out with LMC, combined with the exquisite violin accompaniment...just masterly...must admit, got a bit teary eyed. I'd rather have a actress give a phenomenal performance than see a shoddy portrayal 100% faithful to the novel.

Let wait and see what Jin Yong say about Liu Yi Fei once it come out.
    JY has commented on LYF. He may have praised others in the past, but I believe what he said about LYF was something along the lines of...

"Looking at LYF, I now realize that the fictional XLN does share an existence in this reality"

You judge if that means JY approves of LYF or not.

I respect your favouritism of Carmen's version of ROCH Question, but even if LYF's ROCH turns out poor, the golden standard will always be the 83' ROCH. From memory, China's LOCH received such poor acceptance because of it's comparison to the 80's version of LOCH. IMO, The age of TV during Carmen's time found its popularity because the producers couldn't be bothered thinking of new perspectives of novel based story lines and thus leaned towards a word-for-word approach (something which smacks of plagarism). The golden 80's are so memorable because an adaptation was presented often from different angles, and together with performances from brilliant leads and supporting actors and actresses, came together as a wonderful film.

Banned

Excuse you, but how can I say I hate this version when I have not see it. Let me tell U, first it my mouth, second, it my opinion, third it my keyboard, I type I hate it if I want.
    LET ME REPEATE, I HATE THIS VERSION and I HATE LIU YI FEI. Anyone got a problem with that?
    And Yes, Carman is the best Xiao Long Nu ever, and it always going to be my favorite version, whether I see this version or not, it still my favorite.
    U think by typing couple lines explain to me and trying to persuade me not to hate this version gonna work? I don't think so, I hate it and I will continue to hate it.
    Well, since this thread is open for everyone opinion, I have the right to come in here and compare to the 95 version and to say if I hate it or not whether you agree or not that your opinion.
    And about flyingfox little boy, I don't like him, so I add him to my IGNORE LIST, cause I don't want to hear his dissing Carman Lee. If you guys don't want to read me saying I HATE LIU YI FEI, do the same.
    LET ME REPEATE ONE MORE TIME. I HATE THIS VERSION!!!!!!!!!!

Question, YOU need to calm down... I know that you have the right to say what you want to say. But I don't think it is appropriate to say it when this series is not even released yet. Ok, we KNOW that you like Carmen the most. You don't need to say that JY said she is the best just to try to prove that she is the best. Once again it is based on opinion. IF you want others to respect your opinion then you had better respect their opinion as well.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

how can you resist.......................

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://erinle.com/roch1983/images/condor09.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://erinle.com/roch1983/images/condor04.jpg')

Banned

Treinnie, I am calm
    let me restate again OK, cuze I don't think I make myself clear to you
    1) it my mouth
    2) it my keyboard
    3) it my opinion.
    I think this series SUCK, and I think Liu Yi Fei is a little girl SUCK too.

and let me repeat, I don't need you to respect my opinion, U don't have to respect if you don't want. I don't care, I just type my opinion up here:
    So let me restate, 1) This series suck, just from the Pic, 2) this series still suck whether It out or not, 3) carmen is the best and this series still suck

Now U still have a problem with my opinion?

Treinnie, I am calm
    let me restate again OK, cuze I don't think I make myself clear to you
    1) it my mouth
    2) it my keyboard
    3) it my opinion.
    I think this series SUCK, and I think Liu Yi Fei is a little girl SUCK too.

and let me repeat, I don't need you to respect my opinion, U don't have to respect if you don't want. I don't care, I just type my opinion up here:
    So let me restate, 1) This series suck, just from the Pic, 2) this series still suck whether It out or not, 3) carmen is the best and this series still suck

Now U still have a problem with my opinion?
    I have no problem with your opinion, but tell us how you really feel?

Dude, can you at least wait until the new series is out before
    ripping it apart ?

I'm actually looking forward to it...mostly cuz its higher budget and
    is probably gonna be higher quality overall, but...if the actors
    suck, i'll prob be ripping on it too. I'm a bit iffy about LYF in the role
    as well...i think shes really cute but not what i'd consider a true beauty.
    This is actually my fav JY so i'm very critical about it.

Well..anyway, even if you say you hate it before its even released, you'll
    prob be watching it just like the rest of us(if for no other reason than
    to say it sux and be able to back up your reasons with examples).
    Watch it with an open mind
    and maybe it won't be as bad as you think. If it sux, then bash it all
    you want...after you watch it

Oh yeah...Carmen is the most appropriate looking of all the XLN so far.
    Idy was the best acting one of them so far.
    The 83 version was the best to date...cuz of acting.(crap production values)
    And I agree with JY that NO ONE can possibly actually depict
    the ideal that JY described in his novel of XLN.
    And that beauty is subjective..everyones got a diff preference.
    These are my opinions...'nuff said.

You can't really reason with this Question guy. My bad for trying. I forgot that he had spazzed out some months ago cuz he did seemed fairly reasonable in the recent posts.

His obsession for his "carMAN" is never-ending. Amazingly even after being corrected, he still cannot spell his idol's name. You just gotta smile.

JY's opinion is lookswise, LYF is the best looking in his opinion. It remains to be seen how she does on-screen.

That first pic of Idy has too much makeup. She looks good in the 2nd one, probably cuz it doesn't show makeup too clearly.
    This account is retired.

Banned

ohh wait, what little flyingfox say? i add him to my ignore list, so I just see his name, but the content is omit. too bad, I can't read what he say, sure it about that little midget liu yi fei again.

and sfccc what ever, i guess am not still clear right? THIS VERSION SUCK, CARMAN IS THE BEST XIAO LONG NU.

ok any more problem with my opinion, feel free to keep reply me, cuze am gonna say the same thing again. THIS VERSION SUCK, TVB is the best

and sfccrx what ever, i guess am not still clear right? THIS VERSION SUCK, CARMAN IS THE BEST XIAO LONG NU.

Banned

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx

ROCH05