Page 57 of 469 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 9365

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 《神雕侠侣》 - Huang Xiaoming, Liu Yifei

wow... don't scare me lol. i heard megaupload is does not expire in 7 days or 25 downloads like yousendit. i think it's deleted 30 days after the last download
    Watching: White Robe of Love - Ady and Dylan Forever
    Tokyo Juliet (currently addicted) Wu Zun is hot

Default Miss me?

Hey guys, haven't been online for a while. Handling "life's sour lemons," schoolwork/homework, and all. Well, here's my latest translated article. Enjoy for the time being. Don't know when I'll have time to post the next one. I just finished this from an exam studying break. Have fun, later readers.

Oh, and thanks to those who keep posting mv's and pictures. (assasin, sunnysnow, and many more) They rock!!!

Posted by Nameless Monk; Translated by Li Nhi

The Secret to Creating ROCH: The Characters

Zhang Ji Zong claimed that his adaptation of ROCH is very faithful to the novel story [Although we know that JY agreed happily to some of the changes being made to his latter edition]. However, the interviewers (that had visited the film set) learned that there are a few changes concerning the characters’ personality and portrayal which are said to be relevant and original. I will only translate the characters that are important and/or interesting.

The main characters will be more humane.

Yang Guo – The main character of ROCH. * The series will depict the 4 stages of YG’s transformation: an orphan in search of his father – a little rascal –a young man full of rage and fury – the Condor Hero. Director Vu Man revealed that the segments involving YG’s orphanage and adolescent days will be reduced extensively; perhaps only 2-3 episodes long.
    Xiao Long Nü – XLN under JY’s pen can be compared to an angel, unbelievably perfect in every way. ROCH will carry this out with more compassion added to her personality. Besides being innocent, chaste and pure, she denies herself and hides from the truth about her own capabilities.
    Guo Jing – An honest, credible and compassionate nobleman. This time, he is an utterly stupid “father” in the eyes of little Yang Guo. He was even mistaken for being the murderer of YG’s father.
    Huang Rong – Little YG envisions her as a picky middle-aged “mother.” Clever, but not intuitive like the HR in LOCH.
    Guo Fu – In JY’s eyes, there are quite a few young women who are proud, arrogant; acting as if she is a “princess” like GF. Because she was born and raised in such a loving and luxurious family, she became a “beautiful straw sack” in the eyes of ZJZ.
    Guo Xiang – Smart, witty, and cute; the series pay special attention to every detail pertaining to her unspoken love for YG

* An article that I’ve translated before states that YG goes through 3 stages of transformation. And so I would like to take the time now to apologize for my mistake.

The villains will be less evil.

Li Mo Chou – In the eyes of ZJZ and VM, even though LMC is an evil cold-hearted villain, she is a character worth pitying. Definitely a character worth paying more attention to, and so she will have more screen time compared to the other versions.
    Yin Zhi Ping – In this version, YZP will be changed to “Tsang Zhi Ping,” respecting the real YZP’s loyalty to the Taoist teachings of his Quan Zhen sect. Here, TZP is so madly in love with XLN that he sexually offends her.
    Jin Lun Fa Wang – This villain lived in an [undesired] time period [where his powers and martial arts couldn’t shine], and so he became rebellious, attacking everyone in the world.
    Gong Sun Zi – A particularly impressive villain in the story. However, to VM, he is not entirely a bad person because he yearns for a family and true love.

The following characters will follow the story’s original settings

Lu Wu Shuang – referred to as Jang Na Ra’s role in “Joyful Girl’s Success Story” of the Chinese wuxia time period.
    Cheng Ying – beautiful girl from a common family
    Wan Yan Ping – poor soul
    Gong Sun Lu E – a freshly blossoming youth
    Ye Lu Yan – appears to be highly magnanimous or big-hearted
    Ye Lu Qi – Guo Jing #2
    Wu Dun Ru – cautious, alert
    Wu Xiu Wen – acts arrogant and all smarty pants

Default YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi
    Hey guys, haven't been online for a while. Handling "life's sour lemons," schoolwork/homework, and all. Well, here's my latest translated article. Enjoy for the time being. Don't know when I'll have time to post the next one. I just finished this from an exam studying break. Have fun, later readers.

Oh, and thanks to those who keep posting mv's and pictures. (assasin, sunnysnow, and many more) They rock!!!
    =) Sure i missed you, and your translations =) hehe. Thanks for the most recent one!! I can't wait til it comes out. JANUARY muhahahahhahah!!
    Watching: White Robe of Love - Ady and Dylan Forever
    Tokyo Juliet (currently addicted) Wu Zun is hot

im all excited now too. is there a page that has all the cast's pic and their role? i tihnk i must have missed it somewhere

Crazylife, thanks for your list! I'm dl-ing while reading my physics study guides.

Quote Originally Posted by pure1
    =) Sure i missed you, and your translations =) hehe. Thanks for the most recent one!! I can't wait til it comes out. JANUARY muhahahahhahah!!
    awww....thanks, pure1! January? Great. Chinese Paladin haven't come out dubbed in viet yet, and I heard that that's still gonna be a while. I doubt ROCH will be dubbed anytime near January. That sucks.

awww....thanks, pure1! January? Great. Chinese Paladin haven't come out dubbed in viet yet, and I heard that that's still gonna be a while. I doubt ROCH will be dubbed anytime near January. That sucks.
    If you don't mind reading English Subs, then you should get it a week or two after the release date.

ROCH is gonna be dubbed?
    “Heavy sword with blunt edges, simplicity brings superiority. Before I reached the age of forty, I used it to roam the entire world under Heaven.” (Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

“After the age of forty, I no longer relied on weaponry. Even bushes, trees, bamboo sticks or rocks call all be my swords. From then on, I achieved great progress and slowly reached the realm of overcoming the sword without a sword.”(Dugu Seeking-A-Loss)

Yin Zhi Ping – In this version, YZP will be changed to “Tsang Zhi Ping,” respecting the real YZP’s loyalty to the Taoist teachings of his Quan Zhen sect. Here, TZP is so madly in love with XLN that he sexually offends her.
    When they say... "sexually offends" does that mean it'll still be a rape? I'd hate to see this scene with LYF the way she looks as XLN I don't think she'll be able to take it after finding out it's him not YG.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Kang
    ROCH is gonna be dubbed?
    In English? I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    If you don't mind reading English Subs, then you should get it a week or two after the release date.
    I don't mind it so much, but I know my parents would because they can't read English that fast. Plus, I already own all the other ZJZ's adaptations dubbed in Viet, so I want to add ROCH to my collection. So it'll be a long wait for me and possibly a/o hundred people nation-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    When they say... "sexually offends" does that mean it'll still be a rape? I'd hate to see this scene with LYF the way she looks as XLN I don't think she'll be able to take it after finding out it's him not YG.
    Yea, they meant rape. But since I'm translating it from a credited article, I wanted to be a little more formal and careful with my diction/word choice.

Actually, I can't wait for that part!!! The director said that the raping scene was one of the most important and complicated scenes to make out in the series. Also, I want to see if Crystal's acting has, in fact, improved or not like how her colleagues and herself have claimed to be. The part where XLN finds out the truth should be interesting.
    Last edited by Li Nhi; 10-11-05 at 11:44 PM.

In English? I CAN'T WAIT!!!

hahax both in chinese or in english is cool...anyways YZPdidnt sexually offend XLN..it was a rape indeed...XLN was in a different posture after YG came back to see her in a funny posture..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Kang
    ROCH is gonna be dubbed?
    Eventually, it'll be dubbed in many different languages. But that wasn't quite what crazylife was referring to. I was just complaining about how it'll take this series forever to be dubbed in Viet and released in US.

Eventually, it'll be dubbed in many different languages. But that wasn't quite what crazylife was referring to. I was just complaining about how it'll take this series forever to be dubbed in Viet and released in US.

these is quite true..in countries lyk mine...possibly it will be seen in the february in TV channels yeah!!
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

I'm already crying inside

Quote Originally Posted by WangDang
    I'm already crying inside
    You're not the only one... I don't want to have to wait that long... then I'll have to wait even longer for it to be dubbed in English...

I hope there aren't any voice-overs... EVER! Have you guys heard some of the voice-overs from other Chinese movies? They have like... Brittish accents. Once I was watching a version of RoCH and LWS had a mexican accent!! BBLLLEEAAHH!!! I never watched it in voice-over ever again....
    Last edited by Da Bao; 10-12-05 at 02:00 AM.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

You're not the only one... I don't want to have to wait that long... then I'll have to wait even longer for it to be dubbed in English...

I hope there aren't any voice-overs... EVER! Have you guys heard some of the voice-overs from other Chinese movies? They have like... Brittish accents. Once I was watching a version of RoCH and LWS had a mexican accent!! BBLLLEEAAHH!!! I never watched it in voice-over ever again....

lol thats funny..how could it be possible..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    hahax both in chinese or in english is cool...anyways YZPdidnt sexually offend XLN..it was a rape indeed...XLN was in a different posture after YG came back to see her in a funny posture..
    I wanted to use the word assault instead of offend, but according to the definition of sexual assault:

"Conduct of a sexual or indecent nature toward another person that is accompanied by actual or threatened physical force or that induces fear, shame, or mental suffering."

And we know that's not XLN's case b/c she thought it was YG, whereas sexual offense is just the general term meaning

"a sex crime."

which is what YZP (or in this series, TZP) did commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    these is quite true..in countries lyk mine...possibly it will be seen in the february in TV channels yeah!!
    You are so lucky. , we can never see these series broadcasted on tv over in US unless if we buy the satellite dish or the special asian/world channel. But my family can't afford that right now. lol.