Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gilmore Girls

Default Gilmore Girls

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here watches Gilmore Girls. I think it's a great show. Witty, funny, and you've just gotta love Lorelai for her spunk. I haven't been following lately, but I'm hoping to catch up. Has the new season started yet?

I tried following it again but Since the 10th, I've been going to night classes so I can't watch it anymore.

Rory seem to be with guy from her journalist group at school. Forgot his name....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hi Suet Seung

I haven't been following much either because of homeworks but I've read the synopsis online. The new guy is name Logan (Matt Czutch from Eight Legged Freaks).

There's so much drama now! I'm liking Rory less and less. I used to like her in the first few seasons. She was sweet until they overdo it and made her into a paragon of virtues (aka annoying goody-too-shoe). All of her relationships are so wrong. The way she treated Dean when Jess was in the picture, tsk tsk. And then now she wants him back after he's married. Hopefully Logan gives her a harder time and make her work for once. She's always had guys trailing after her.

It's so cute that Lorelai and Luke are together though! Took them what, 4, 5 seasons? Hehe. I wonder what's up with Christopher though. Ok, will be back to post some pictures and comments later.

did she really went after dean?aw,they're such a cute couple!dean(played by jared padalecki is so cute )i dunno why but the tv station in my country stopped airing after season 2?i dun really know which season.all i know is that dean and lindsay wanted to get married....can someone tell me wad happens after dat?actually,i stopped watching cuz i can't stand jesse....

Yes! I'm beginning to hate Rory too. And you're right her relationships are horrible. And It's also unfair that she gets hot guys chasing after her when she's just this bubbly Yale kid.

When Dean was married, Rory and Dean had sex. I would think they'd have a longer relationship after Dean and Lindsay got divorced but nope! Rory wouldn't have sex with Jess but she'd go back to Dean and do it. I guess she did like Dean better than Jess.

Then I think I saw like a trailer of the current episode or last week's episode, where Logan and Rory were in the midst of making out to do the deed too. But Loralei walked in and then walked out. So I don't know if Logan and her really did it or not.

yay Our little Rory is not a virgin anymore! She's all grown up and in YALE! Woohoo

Yes, It's about time Loralei and Luke got together. how's their relationship going? I haven't been watching it lately either.

Now I think i only watch GG for Loralei and Luke. Rory is such a baby.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

seriously,did she do IT with Dean? was it her first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    seriously,did she do IT with Dean? was it her first time?
    The goof that she is, Dean and her did it in her bed and yes it's her first time. Loralei was quite unhappy with her decision, especially at that time, Dean was married. The day after, Rory called Dean to tell him it's wrong and everything, and they happen to meet at Ms Patty's studio and Dean just kissed her and so they did it again! And many times after that until Emily decided to throw a party and invite all the eligble guys and but Dean and Rory had a date planed and so Dean waited outside because Rory was going to meet him out there at 6p but she got drunkish and the bunch of guys including Logan came out the door with her and dah...Dean got mad and left her standing there.

I seriously don't know what the writers were thinking, letting them be together just for the sex and then have Dean get upset and leave and thus ending the relationship for good. STupid really.

i really liked this story at first cuz rory WAS like the cute mummy's girl but now,it CRAP! but her willingness to do it with Dean sorta tells me that he likes Dean more than Jesse!remember the part where rory kissed tristan?(when she and dean were on a BREAK!) who's logan anyway?

Some pictures to liven this thread up

Here's the whole main cast

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.lkessler.com/gilmore-girls-pic.jpg')

Rory looks so different now

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://it.geocities.com/gilmoregirlsitalia/44.jpg')

Lorelai and Rory

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.vrak.tv/emission/gilmore_girls/images/patentes/fond_gilmore_1024.jpg')

Lorelai and Luke (When did this happen?)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gilmores.altervista.org/GG421-GL-12_2x3.jpg')

Rory and Dean
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20040517/images/currents_gilmore.jpg')

So Rory was about to do it with Logan too? AND she went out of her grandparent's house drunk? Talk about good girl turn bad. Although, I think the writters are doing this on purpose because they realized people are getting annoyed with the goody, virtuous Rory. But then, now she just looks bad. Haha, too late. So is her relationship with Dean really over? Or is he just mad and out of the picture for now?

Mysterious, aww...that sucks that they stopped airing in your country. Where do you live?...Yea, I thought she was a cute mommy girl, until she just got annoying with all her relationship dramas. Hehe. It was weird when she kissed Tristan after a breakup with Dean, but she was upset. I can sort of overlook that. But I just really disliked her when she tried to make Jess jealous by using Dean. I was so happy when he dumped her, but it didn't look like she cared all THAT much. She just rebounded to Jesse

Yay! it's on 2morrow. Hopefully I can make it.

Hey Suet Seung, do you know what's going on with Lane? I'm so behind

Umm...With Lane, how far are you behind?

As you probably know Lane got kicked out of her home by her mother and her mother got an exchange student from Korea whose a model daughter unlike Lane. So Lane moved in with her band buddies, the two guys. Anyway, Lane started to have feelings for one of her band buddies, the not so geeky one. The one she always gives free fries at Lukes. Well She works at Luke's now. So She often give him friends and she got jealous one time so umm she told him she liked him. And he returned her feelings or something not sure. But they went on a date which was located in their living room eating pizza and watching movies but the the other guy thought it wasn't a date so he sat between them. But anyway long story short, Lane has a boyfriend now.

I haven't watched GG lately because of my night classes, so you might have to fill me in with what happens from now on.

Re: Picture of Loralei and Luke, that is probably a picture of them dancing at Luke's sister's wedding, I think? Not sure.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-31-05 at 09:50 PM.

Updates on yesterday's GG:

Lorelai and Luke are still together, and adorable as always . Lorelai is busy with her new inn, trying hard not to strangle Michel, who's paranoid about everything and keeps insisting that there are dishonest employees...people stealing toblerones and using the rooms for personal activities. Turns out his suspicions warrant some truth, and isn't just typical Michel paranoia. Sookie has been hiding out there after work because she desperately needs time alone away from Jackson and their baby. She wants to watch some TV serie she keeps missing because or work schedule and house chores. Lorelai found her in the inn and told her to have a talk with Jackson. Sookie agrees.

Rory is infactuated by Logan, who seems to be playing hard to get. She really wanted to get invited to this party his family was hosting, and was going to blow off Friday's dinner, but he ended up not asking her. She went to dinner instead and found out that Emily and Richard made up.

Lane is still working at Luke's. She saw pictures of her band and got critical of her looks, so she went and got contacts (which really made her look different, older). Her boyfriend was a little weirded out because he thought glasses made her look smart. He says she doesn't look like herself without them. Mrs. Kim asked Lane to a family New Year party, Lane got upset because she's still mad at how Mrs. Kim embarassed her boyfriend in the street last time. SO, she says that she won't come unless her boyfriend (sorry, still haven't figured out his name yet, hehe) gets to come. They argue and argue, and Lane ended up bringing her WHOLE band to the party. There, Mrs. Kim asked Lane to help wash the dishes, Lane got angry again, saying that her mother doesn't treat her with respect, being that she's a guest. They argue some more....Suddenly Mrs. Kim started talking about how Lane is so vain now she wears contact. Lane's boyfriend, haha, AGREES that she looks different w/o her glasses, and suddenly they started talking about it, very amicably too. It was a very funny scene. Lane standing there with her mouth open while her stiff mom talks to her boyfriend. Hehe.

Richard and Emily, nothing really new. They both got invited to the same social event. Emily was waiting for valet parking when Simon came over to talk to her. I think they had some history, because Richard got jealous. He came crashing his car right into hers from behind, got out, and sort of scared Simon away. Since Emily technically was in an accident, he took her home. They talked, made up. That's it .

Wrap-up: Emily comes to see Christopher. She tells him he better do something about Lorelai and Luke. She says Luke has no potential. He's a divorcee, small town restaurant owner, basically with no life and no future. He'll hold Lorelai back. She knows Christopher still loves Lorelai, and G.G. and Sherry doesn't matter. It's time that he fights, because Luke and Lorelai seem serious. It's up to Christopher to make a move. She drops a letter on his table and leaves. We don't know what's in the letter.

That about sums it up!

My thoughts: It's funny to see Rory so fluster, but Logan doesn't give me a good impression either. He's a bit snobby. Oh well. Lorelai and Luke are soooo cute! Hehe. She's constantly knocking him off his feet. He's completely smitten. Richard and Emily's relationship seems cold. That's so sad, they used to be such a sweet couple . I wonder what Christopher's going to do. I used to like him, but he has a family now. Shesh, be a man. Well, I feel sorry for him in a way. We'll see what happens .

phalen: i live in m'sia! u?

i gotta say that rory looks so *****y now....and to think that i used to like her! in that pic of the whole cast,is the guy standing behind dean(i think)on the right side logan?i've got no idea!can someone post a pic?oh ya,those who still watch g.g.,can u do us (who doesn't get to watch g.g)a favour?can u sorta give us the episode review?btw,what's up with emily and richard?i dun really remember....

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    phalen: i live in m'sia! u?

i gotta say that rory looks so *****y now....and to think that i used to like her! in that pic of the whole cast,is the guy standing behind dean(i think)on the right side logan?i've got no idea!can someone post a pic?oh ya,those who still watch g.g.,can u do us (who doesn't get to watch g.g)a favour?can u sorta give us the episode review?btw,what's up with emily and richard?i dun really remember....
    That's not Logan, that's Kirk.

I cant find a picture of Logan

who's kirk?so rory's currently single? how bout her korean fren?i can't recall her name!

Hey Mysterious, I live in CA USA, way across the pacific .

Rory's best friend's name is Lane, and kirk is a Stars Hallow resident who has a variety of jobs around town. He just pops in and out. He's weird in a very entertaining way.

For episode guides, try this website. http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/gilmoregirls/episode.jsp It's short and pretty much brings you up to date. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I saw yesterday's episode, I think they're reruns now, because this was the one where Lorelai caught Logan and Rory almost doing it at her grandparent's second wedding. I never saw it before, but from what Suet Seung said, this episode sounds like it's a rerun.

Anyway , started off with Lorelai throwing Emily a last minute bachelorette party. Next day Emily and Richard renewed their vows. Rory kept eyeing Logan because he brought a date.

Luke came with Lorelai, but Emily and Richard were a little condescending towards him. Christopher showed up, got jealous and quite drunk. Rory comforted him, and he told her about his first kiss with Lorelai. She took the iniative to kiss him because she said she wanted to see what it would be like. Rory got the inspiration from there and confronted Logan. She asked him if he was ever going to ask her out. He explained that his date was only a longtime family friend. They agreed to date with no strings attach. After that Rory led him to a separate room and they made out.

Lorelai, Luke, and Christopher found Rory and Logan. The latter two went beserk and very protective. Lorelai told the two youngsters to split. Christopher and Luke got into an argument over who has a say in Rory's life. Chris was pret-TY drunk and rude. He spilled that everybody knows Lorelai and he were destined for each other, even Emily knows that (empahsis on Emily here). Luke got mad and left. Lorelai tried to run after him but she had to stop for a photo with Emily and Richard. From behind, she agrily told Emily, "You and me. We're done."

That's it.

Here's a picture of Logan.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.vox.de/galerie/serien/GG_News_01/10_matt_czuchry.jpg')

oh,so logan's a blondie!i kinda have a thing for blonde guys but nah,dean's definitely hotter!thanks phalen!ur so sweet!

yeah, I haven't followed this show since i went to college... maybe i should flip the channel every tuesday now to see what's going on... but I too hated hated it that she slept w/ Dean... wth??????
    Oh, but I like Jess more... he was a jerk when he left, but he has more personality than Dean. Heck, I even liked Tristan more than Dean... blah blah blah, the show used to be good... now that it's more popular, they change it to meet the expectations of the mass. Kinda like how Friends were changed

This thread's been inactive for quite a while...I love Gilmore Girls, esp. its witty dialogue. And my vocab's improved

I can't believe Lorelai and Luke just split like that in Season 7...felt pretty bad for Luke during the season premiere, he looked so helpless and was practically begging Lorelai. Although Luke really bugged me Season 6...

In my opinion, Rory and Jess were meant to be. Rory didn't date anyone for like a year after she broke up with Jess. It's too bad though. Didn't Milo Ventimiglia say he's not coming back? I really can't stand Logan...couldn't stand him after like 2 episodes of Season 6. I don't think that with Logan, Rory can be herself. With Logan she starts showing her party self...and I prefer her bookwormy but cute side.

It's kind of sad how some characters' roles are really getting reduced...like Lane. The good ole days with Rory and Lane.

Rory has changed, but I guess that's part of growing up. Her appearance has changed a lot...Alexis Bledel is getting very pretty.

Back then...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/63/200px-GilmoreGirls.jpg')

About a year ago...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/the_sisterhood_of_the_traveling_pants/alexis_bledel/pantspreg4.jpg')
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

I never thought Rory and Jess were meant to be. He pissed the hell out of me in Season 3 when he left without even telling her.

I kinda like Rory and Logan - I didn't like Logan at first cuz he seemed like such a playboy, but the point is that he really seems to love Rory.

Luke irritated me too in Season 6 - he treated Lorelai like dirt when it came to April (his daughter)... not that I'm condoning what Lorelai did (sleeping w/ Christopher), but I agree to them breaking up.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com