Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    ya him and Andre Miller were my favorite at Utah... there was Tom Chambers too.. but that is another story and I was wee little then.

Utah Utes is my favor NCAA basketball team. What is all of yours? Beside Brian and his Tar Heels
    Dorelac was pretty good too, good tough defender around the basket. tom chambers is the same guy who played on barkely's suns team?

my fave is kansas, bc i went there. i dont really like UNC per say or UK or Duke but i keep track of them and the rest of ACC.
    Last edited by Vicious; 02-03-05 at 11:33 AM.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

My favorite team is UNC. I hate Duke. The best rivalry is these two team. i hope UNC wins the ACC title.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYLINE GT-R 32
    My favorite team is UNC. I hate Duke. The best rivalry is these two team. i hope UNC wins the ACC title.
    They'll win it no doubt. I think that Wake Forest will beat Duke tonight. Duke is kind of well... "soft". They're nothing but a jump shooting team. Wake has a good inside present and if you wanna see how good Paul is watch him right now. UNC, well everything about us is good, we have good depth and basically everything, except for the fact that we aren't consistent from the arch. Hopefully Paul won't be dissapointing tonight.

Well anways Duke has to play UNC twice, Wake twice, and G. Tech twice. They won't win all of those games. I also think Reddick is sucks, you only see him hitting wide open jumpers on most of his shots. Unlike McCants who can just shoot up in your face and create his own shots. Well anways I'm hoping for a Wake win tonight, pretty close game so far too.

Oh, and that Technical foul on strickland just now was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac
    i dun follow ncaa but i got 1 question

chris paul who plays 4 wake forest rite, well i haven't seen him play but scouts and ppl are saying he is top 3 pick. But wen u look at his stats, they are not tat impressive since there are way more better PG with bbeter stats.
    so y him???>
    If you wanna know why he'll be a top 3 pick, I hope you're watching the game right now b/c by the way he's playing that should justify why he is a top 3 pick. Sometimes it's not all about numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    They'll win it no doubt. I think that Wake Forest will beat Duke tonight. Duke is kind of well... "soft". They're nothing but a jump shooting team. Wake has a good inside present and if you wanna see how good Paul is watch him right now. UNC, well everything about us is good, we have good depth and basically everything, except for the fact that we aren't consistent from the arch. Hopefully Paul won't be dissapointing tonight.

Well anways Duke has to play UNC twice, Wake twice, and G. Tech twice. They won't win all of those games. I also think Reddick is sucks, you only see him hitting wide open jumpers on most of his shots. Unlike McCants who can just shoot up in your face and create his own shots. Well anways I'm hoping for a Wake win tonight, pretty close game so far too.
    Duke has a decent inside presence considering their lack of depth. And Reddick, well what is there not to like about him?

I still think Andrew Bogut should be one of the best pick... hope he shine when March comes around

Duke suffer their defeat at the hands of Wake Forest... I wonder if their ranking will switch next week...

Anyone like Mark Few and his awsome coaching job on the Zags?
    Last edited by James Ko; 02-03-05 at 09:31 PM.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I still think Andrew Bogut should be one of the best pick... hope he shine when March comes around

Duke suffer their defeat at the hands of Wake Forest... I wonder if their ranking will switch next week...

Anyone like Mark Few and his awsome coaching job on the Zags?
    yeah he's been getting a lot of news lately. I think he'll be a high pick because people also consider him as an international player too. I'm sure he'll do fine, i dont know if the rest of the team is good enough to support him into march though.

i dont know how Mark Few does it, every year i expect his team's talent level to drop but they've been consistent for a good 6-7 years now. His coaching skills must be unbelieveable, I remember when they came to play at Kansas 7 years ago and no one has ever heard of them and they still kept it real close.

Ya Mark Lew is unbelievable and I think him and Rick Majerous are my favorite all time NCAA basketball coaches.

Their program don't have the glamor as Duke, UCLA, etc... but somehow they do it

Since Majerous is retired now without winning the big dance... I wish Mark Lew can. This year they have a chance too.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    Duke has a decent inside presence considering their lack of depth. And Reddick, well what is there not to like about him?
    mmm... He's playing for Duke, and is like this leech to North Carolina. And I take back that comment, he is pretty awesome. I think he'll be a top 5 draft pick for sure. And congrats to UNC with another win over a sorry NC State team.

Ya Mark Lew is unbelievable and I think him and Rick Majerous are my favorite all time NCAA basketball coaches.

Their program don't have the glamor as Duke, UCLA, etc... but somehow they do it

Since Majerous is retired now without winning the big dance... I wish Mark Lew can. This year they have a chance too.
    To me it's the point guards which makes the success of the team. Dickau and Blake Stepp were a major part of the success of the Zags last few years. Although Stepp did choke a couple of times in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    To me it's the point guards which makes the success of the team. Dickau and Blake Stepp were a major part of the success of the Zags last few years. Although Stepp did choke a couple of times in the tournament.
    That is why some say that if Zags play in a tier 1 division league... they wouldn't find the same success as what they are doing now in tier 2 division league.

But you are right Zag prodcue some of the better point guards in the nations and it all goes back to John Stockton.
    Flame on I am gone...

That is why some say that if Zags play in a tier 1 division league... they wouldn't find the same success as what they are doing now in tier 2 division league.

But you are right Zag prodcue some of the better point guards in the nations and it all goes back to John Stockton.
    they've got a good record vs the so called tier 1 division, especially this year winning against georgia tech and okla st, and washington.

Ya and they gave Illinois a good run at it too... but they did lose to St. Mary and SF both team not that great either... it was nice this week they got revene on St. Mary
    Flame on I am gone...

Irish after losing to Orangemen... beat BC... wow what a game if anyone catch it.

and Illini got away from michigan to stay unbeaten.
    Flame on I am gone...

Anybody see the Duke-UNC game yesterday.
    That was a big win for my dukies and they should be given a #1 spot in the tournament for sure, in my opinion.

Irish after losing to Orangemen... beat BC... wow what a game if anyone catch it.

and Illini got away from michigan to stay unbeaten.
    eck, i didn't think the illini game was even close. It seem like Michigan was winning only until the illini players decided to play and when they started playing it was just so lopsided. it was a good game but Illini has had closer games.

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Anybody see the Duke-UNC game yesterday.
    That was a big win for my dukies and they should be given a #1 spot in the tournament for sure, in my opinion.
    i saw that game, it was a great win for Duke. I dont like the philosophy where the team is down by a point and holds the ball for last shot, it was a bad call on Roy Williams' part. They should've gone for a quick shot with time left for put back, it's no fun but teams should rely on defense for the win and not on the last sec shot. Those two teams have a good chance of meeting again before the NCAA tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    i saw that game, it was a great win for Duke. I dont like the philosophy where the team is down by a point and holds the ball for last shot, it was a bad call on Roy Williams' part. They should've gone for a quick shot with time left for put back, it's no fun but teams should rely on defense for the win and not on the last sec shot. Those two teams have a good chance of meeting again before the NCAA tourney.
    I hate duke, their fans, their coach, everything (and always have and always will). We should've won that game. And we do meet again by the way except on our turf this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    I hate duke, their fans, their coach, everything (and always have and always will). We should've won that game. And we do meet again by the way except on our turf this time.
    Yeah yeah.. sour grapes.

Hmm.... what to do when you went to Clemson and hate both Dookies and the Tarholes? It's like choosing betweeen the best of 2 evils, except there is no such thing.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.