Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Basketball

Did anyone just watch the Duke-Maryland game? I thought that was a really great game. Glad to see the Terps shutout Redick and beat the Devils. Isn't that the second time they beat duke this season also?

It shows that the Blue Devils aren't as good as what their record is saying.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    It shows that the Blue Devils aren't as good as what their record is saying.
    i dont know about that, they should be in the top 10. i can't think of 10 teams that has more talent and experience.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

Congrats to Duke to losing to another unraked team 2 weeks in a row. They're getting ready for a real beating on March 6th. And they're playing Wake Forest tomorrow. Looks like another loss for the Dookies. Make that 2-straight.

Wow, Kansas just lost again. Looks like no1 can hang on to that #2 spot. Illinois is doing great. Lets see if they're able to win it all this year.

That was pretty bad of Kansas to lose again. Tomorrow night I have to pull for duke so Heels can be number 1 in the ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    Wow, Kansas just lost again. Looks like no1 can hang on to that #2 spot. Illinois is doing great. Lets see if they're able to win it all this year.
    they're playing like shit. they're playing whtat the other teams give them, the kansas team that plays at the last 5 minutes is totally different than the kansas team that plays earlier in the game.

any one see the Duke vs WF game? man duke had 60 points in one half. one of the best scoring games i've seen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    any one see the Duke vs WF game? man duke had 60 points in one half. one of the best scoring games i've seen this year.
    Yeah Reddick was playing great too. Anways thanks to them Heels are back at #1 in the ACC.

Wow, of all the games to lose, Illinois has to lose to Ohio State in the last game of the season. I'm sure that has to affect them somehow. Let's see if they can get back some momentum with a Big Ten Tournament win.

Wow, of all the games to lose, Illinois has to lose to Ohio State in the last game of the season. I'm sure that has to affect them somehow. Let's see if they can get back some momentum with a Big Ten Tournament win.
    I'm glad Illinois, Kansas, and Kentucky lost. I don't like either of them. Anyway go heels! That victory against Duke will be talked about for years to come. It was crazy yesterday at the resteraunt that I was at (even crazier on campus and at the stadium, too bad I wasn't there though). Hope we get put back at #1 ahead of Illinois. Besides Illionois is in a week conference. The only team that can actually compete in that conference is Michigan State.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    I'm glad Illinois, Kansas, and Kentucky lost. I don't like either of them. Anyway go heels! That victory against Duke will be talked about for years to come. It was crazy yesterday at the resteraunt that I was at (even crazier on campus and at the stadium, too bad I wasn't there though). Hope we get put back at #1 ahead of Illinois. Besides Illionois is in a week conference. The only team that can actually compete in that conference is Michigan State.
    True, Big Ten is weak, but I think Illinois will be ranked #1 if they win the Big Ten Tournament regardless of how the other teams do. If NC wins their tournament too, then it'll be a close call.

True, Big Ten is weak, but I think Illinois will be ranked #1 if they win the Big Ten Tournament regardless of how the other teams do. If NC wins their tournament too, then it'll be a close call.
    it doesn't really matter whether they're ranked #1 or not as long as they're 1 seed, Illinois will most likely be the 1 seed in indianapolis even if they lost the first game in the big Ten tournament. It might be interesting though if Kansas gets 2nd seed and gets placed in OK city next to them.

it doesn't really matter whether they're ranked #1 or not as long as they're 1 seed, Illinois will most likely be the 1 seed in indianapolis even if they lost the first game in the big Ten tournament. It might be interesting though if Kansas gets 2nd seed and gets placed in OK city next to them.
    Well, if they are rank#1, that will gaurantee them #1 seed in the Midwest region, which would be huge cuz all their games will be within a 3 hour drive from their campus. And if they make it far enough, they will be playing in St. Louis, about 2 hours away from U of I? Pretty nice home court advantage.

Well, if they are rank#1, that will gaurantee them #1 seed in the Midwest region, which would be huge cuz all their games will be within a 3 hour drive from their campus. And if they make it far enough, they will be playing in St. Louis, about 2 hours away from U of I? Pretty nice home court advantage.
    if they're not rank #1 then who would be? Probably UNC...does UNC want to take Illinois's spot in the Midwest? Would the committee give the UNC the midwest spot if they are ranked higher than Illinois? I highly doubt it.

if they're not rank #1 then who would be? Probably UNC...does UNC want to take Illinois's spot in the Midwest? Would the committee give the UNC the midwest spot if they are ranked higher than Illinois? I highly doubt it.
    Depends on how it falls, I think UNC will be #1 in the East, Illinois will be #1 in the Midwest, Wake will be #1 in the South, and... Arizona or Kentucky will be #1 in the West.

Of course, all subject to change depending on how each team does in their conference tournaments.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

wow, UNC and arizona both lost.

Lots of favorites lost this week at the championship weeks... but I think it shows you how equal some of these teams are and how good this year at the NCAA tournments will be late march...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Lots of favorites lost this week at the championship weeks... but I think it shows you how equal some of these teams are and how good this year at the NCAA tournments will be late march...
    The brackets are out and the number 1 seeds are Illinois, Duke, UNC, and Washington. Any surprises? I thought it was a bit shocking how badly Kentucky lost to Florida, which ultimately lost them their number 1 seed. How about Louisville, who was the number 4 ranked team and was seeded 4th? This is a pretty wide open tournament. Which #12 seed will upset a #5 seed, which seems to happen almost every year? Any predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by trix03
    wow, UNC and arizona both lost.
    F*** duke and georgia tech that's all I have to say. I wish Jack and that fuzzy haired tall guy broke their ankles in the UNC game and hope someone knocks the hell out of JJ Redick.