Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NCAA College Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    F*** duke and georgia tech that's all I have to say. I wish Jack and that fuzzy haired tall guy broke their ankles in the UNC game and hope someone knocks the hell out of JJ Redick.
    LoL.....why all the hate? You gotta respect Reddick and the rest of the Duke starters for playing so many minutes (Reddick plays the highest amount of minutes in the ACC, pretty good for a little guy).

Duke #1 this year. Next year, with all the talent going up, Number#1 in the nation overall next year.

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    LoL.....why all the hate? You gotta respect Reddick and the rest of the Duke starters for playing so many minutes (Reddick plays the highest amount of minutes in the ACC, pretty good for a little guy).

Duke #1 this year. Next year, with all the talent going up, Number#1 in the nation overall next year.
    There's a lot of respect for Reddick, the guy's just too good as a shooter, i think it's very hard to dominate the game the way he does as a shooter in college basketball. Who's all going to stay at Duke next year? They appeared to be #1 this year before they lost livingston and Deng, who will they have next year?
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    There's a lot of respect for Reddick, the guy's just too good as a shooter, i think it's very hard to dominate the game the way he does as a shooter in college basketball. Who's all going to stay at Duke next year? They appeared to be #1 this year before they lost livingston and Deng, who will they have next year?
    Reddick will most likely stay. Ewing will go to the NBA. Like most Duke players they'll probably stay 4 years. Duke will have the #3 player in the country, Josh McRoberts; also Eric Boteng and Greg Paulus. Three of those guys are ranked in the top 30. Plus coach K being the coach, is always going to succeed. Plus Duke is just flat out better than almost all schools in the nation when it comes to recruiting. I wish they had an age restriction on the NBA though. It'd be great to see LeBron James come play for the TarHeels. That was his number one choice, than duke being second, and Ohio State being last.

North Carolina is getting about 4-5 players in the top 100 high school players to come during this off-season. One guy, Tyler Hansbrough, who is ranked no 7 in the nation. I don't think he'll be that good though. Depite his ranking. So hopefully a couple of the guys stay like Raymond Felton and Marvin Williams. It's no question that Sean May and Rashaad McCants are going to enter the NBA draft though. But I think that McCants is slipping into more of a lottery pick right now. Next off-season looks really promising though. Out of the top 14 players (juniors) in the country, 13 of them are really interested in coming to North Carolina. I know not all of them come, just hope that most do.

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour

hate? 'Cus I'm a TarHeel. You should've seen me and my friends at the Tire Bowl and those stupid Boston College fans sitting on the Heels' side.

First #5 seed to lose is... Alabama. It's almost a given that at least one 12 seed will upset a 5 seed. Let's see who goes next.

I once read that the #2 rank team are one of the most successful in the tournment.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    I once read that the #2 rank team are one of the most successful in the tournment.
    #2 ranked or #2 seed? UCONN was #2 seed last year. Wake is #2 seed this year, and I think they will win the whole thing this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    First #5 seed to lose is... Alabama. It's almost a given that at least one 12 seed will upset a 5 seed. Let's see who goes next.
    Pretty funny how what's his name, the one that sits beside Gumble and Clark Kellogg, predicted Alabama going deeeeeeeep in the tournament and a real dark horse in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    #2 ranked or #2 seed? UCONN was #2 seed last year. Wake is #2 seed this year, and I think they will win the whole thing this year.
    ya #2 seeds... they usually go all the way.

Bogut is a one man wrecking machine. 40mins... he is the national player of the year. Without him I don't think Utes would be there in the tournment.
    Flame on I am gone...

Kansas lost last night! Makes the Syracuse Region bracket easier for UNC. UCONN??? No Problem. Final Four, Duke? No problem either. Kansas has been in upsets already this season, so this is no supriser really. I find the Syracuse upset more suprising. Out of all the #1 and #2 seeds, everyone has to admit that UNC looked the best compared to Illinois, Washington, Duke, and other team's performances.

Kansas lost last night! Makes the Syracuse Region bracket easier for UNC. UCONN??? No Problem. Final Four, Duke? No problem either. Kansas has been in upsets already this season, so this is no supriser really. I find the Syracuse upset more suprising. Out of all the #1 and #2 seeds, everyone has to admit that UNC looked the best compared to Illinois, Washington, Duke, and other team's performances.
    Yes, because the first round performance against the 4 worst teams in the tournament is the best measure of how good a #1 seed really is. And it doesn't hurt that UNC went up against the worst team in the tournament.

Now UNC just have to overcome themselves and their coaches habit of wasting the best talent in the tournament.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 03-19-05 at 09:08 PM.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Yes, because the first round performance against the 4 worst teams in the tournament is the best measure of how good a #1 seed really is. And it doesn't hurt that UNC went up against the worst team in the tournament.

Now UNC just have to overcome themselves and their coaches habit of wasting the best talent in the tournament.
    My bracket's all screwed up now. Wake forest looks like they're gonna' lose, Boston College lost, Syracyse, Kansas. and forgot some other upsets. Plenty to name this year.

Wake loses!!! One of the best games I've seen all year. Double overtime, and one of the biggest upsets in the tournament so far. I hope NC State upset UCONN. Although it's unlikely to happen, this tournament has been crazy. So many upsets, so really anything can happen. Can't wait to watch UNC play tomorrow.

My bracket's all screwed up now. Wake forest looks like they're gonna' lose, Boston College lost, Syracyse, Kansas. and forgot some other upsets. Plenty to name this year.
    Not that crazy really. About as same as any other year really. The difference being that the first day was so bad and devoid of anything interesting/exciting that the next 2 days have made up for made it feel like this has been a crazy year.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

hey! i don't watch college basketball much, but i watched a few games 2 day, and Texas Tech beat Gonzaga.. haha everyone doubted me on that one and i won whooop!.. then Oklahoma lost but Arizona kicked UAB's ***.. n Wake forest lost! HAHA.. i'm an idiot, haha .. o well lyl bye!
    Snif a lita coke take a lita x smoke a lita weed drnk a lita bit i need a grl who i can freak wit.. ~I'll take u 2 da candy Shop give ya taste of wht i got don't stop it till ya hit the spot~

Utes rules... and they won without Bogut scoring lots too.

Zag lost it in the 2nd half... they were missing easy basketball and not playing any defense what so ever.

The best game I thought was V.Virginia and Wake Forest... intense game.
    Flame on I am gone...

omg.. i thot UCON would win.. i was like wtf..
    Snif a lita coke take a lita x smoke a lita weed drnk a lita bit i need a grl who i can freak wit.. ~I'll take u 2 da candy Shop give ya taste of wht i got don't stop it till ya hit the spot~

the UConn and NC St. was a close game. Louisville beating GT wasn't a surprise to me.

NC States plays a style that is pretty good.. they have great 3 point shooter and force the other team to play in their style.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    NC States plays a style that is pretty good.. they have great 3 point shooter and force the other team to play in their style.
    They play the Princeton offense. It's kinda gimmicky, but definitely works in a one-and-done tournament.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.