Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New ATV Drama TV Series released on VCDs Boxset

Quote Originally Posted by earth4477
    ****I wish more good oldies atv drama tv series of the 1980's & 1990's productions release on vcds boxsets instead of recent new ATV tv drama series.

the following are released on vcds boxsets for purchase in some asian video on-line stores such as
    1. http://www.malmusic.com

they are the following:

1. My Date with the Vampire III (sequel)

2. atv's 1990's version of the Justice Bao (Judge Bao Qing Tian)---different crime solving stories-cases.

3. Dream of Desire II (sequel)

4. Gone with the Wind

5. Secret Battle of the Majesty
    i've seen that Justice Bao version with ATV with the overweight Justice Bao and Gong Sun Ce that acted in the Taiwanese one...but it wasn't on VCD, it was on DVD. I didn't know Ruby Lin was in it?! I thought Huan Zhu Gege was her first series?! Well this Justice Bao series had actors and actresses from Taiwan and ATV acting together. It was nice to see Michael Miu Kiu Wai in it too.

The poem i have in my signature is from that Case with the Killing Butterflies via Jade Zither.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by runechan
    ?You know what. I'm also upset about this as well. I bought the bund, Return of the condor heroes, legend of condor heroes etc. and I can recognize bunch of cutted scenes eventhough I watched these series first time when I was very very young. (esp, the bund, I can't enjoy its VCD version. I enjoyed this series a lot when I was young but I just can't follow VCD version. It jumped from one scene to another without any sense.). I heard that it's because the masters are very old and was broken. That's why they need to edit/cut lots of scenes. Is it true??

Frankly, I felt that I was cheated when I bought the bund. TVB should, at least, inform customers that there are many deleted scene in thoses series and let us, customers, decide whether we still want to buy them or not.

And well, all ATV series I bought don't have any cutted scenes (or at least from my vague memory :P).

earth4477, maybe we should do some campaigns to persuade people to watch good old ATV series. ha! Its production/setting might be lousy sometimes but we can ignore those mistakes since we can enjoy good storylines and solid casts.

Anyway, honestly, I rarely watch ATV series nowdays. Even highly acclaimed series like my date with vampire or whatsoever, I still can't enjoy it like old ones. Same for TVB series. Nowadays, TVB lacks actors/actresses who can really act. (Well, some can but not many though.) Also, the storylines are quite poorly written. ( I heard that many talented scriptwriters left TVB coz poor salary?). Most are draggy. I always have one question in my mind. Why series nowadays must have 30 episodes when they can end at 20 ?

******I don't understand why people have to bash ATV. If they don't like watching ATV drama tv series, then DON'T watch it, they can continue watching their TVB series. I don't understand why they hate ATV up to the point of bashing it. Recent new TVB series are NOT that good to watch, NOT worth watching like some older drama series of ATV & TVB. Many recent TVB drama TV series are NOT ANY BETTER than ATV drama tv series and its just their continued effective marketing, advertising & channeling. Its very rare to even get to watch ATV drama tv series since most chinese video stores only carried TVB series, mostly recent new TVB series released and DO NOT CARRY ATV drama tv series.

Its also rare to find some good old productions of the 1980's & 1990's drama tv series of ATV & TVB since most chinese video stores mostly carry new recent TVB series released.

******I don't understand why people have to bash ATV. If they don't like watching ATV drama tv series, then DON'T watch it, they can continue watching their TVB series. I don't understand why they hate ATV up to the point of bashing it. Recent new TVB series are NOT that good to watch, NOT worth watching like some older drama series of ATV & TVB. Many recent TVB drama TV series are NOT ANY BETTER than ATV drama tv series and its just their continued effective marketing, advertising & channeling. Its very rare to even get to watch ATV drama tv series since most chinese video stores only carried TVB series, mostly recent new TVB series released and DO NOT CARRY ATV drama tv series.

Its also rare to find some good old productions of the 1980's & 1990's drama tv series of ATV & TVB since most chinese video stores mostly carry new recent TVB series released.
    You brought up a very good point. I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by runechan
    ํYou know what. I'm also upset about this as well. I bought the bund, Return of the condor heroes, legend of condor heroes etc. and I can recognize bunch of cutted scenes eventhough I watched these series first time when I was very very young. (esp, the bund, I can't enjoy its VCD version. I enjoyed this series a lot when I was young but I just can't follow VCD version. It jumped from one scene to another without any sense.). I heard that it's because the masters are very old and was broken. That's why they need to edit/cut lots of scenes. Is it true??

Frankly, I felt that I was cheated when I bought the bund. TVB should, at least, inform customers that there are many deleted scene in thoses series and let us, customers, decide whether we still want to buy them or not.

This is why I don't buy TVB VCD's anymore, I bought all the Condor Heroes, Police Cadet VCD's and noticed a lot of scenes missing as well. Gimme a break if you're going to release it, you might as well release it the way it was originally shown, unedited. That's why I will only rent TVB DVD's as they are uncut.

After I bought all them TVB VCD's at Yesasia.com, I found this nice disclaimer.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images5.theimagehosting.com/TVB.2.jpg')

editing should now affect the storyline????? what you talking about Willis, it does so indeed affect the storyline. Never again will I buy TVB VCD's ever.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to watch "Interpol" (not sure if this is the correct title) the one with Sheren Tang. But so far no luck looking for it at the Singapore stores. If anyone has seen it around, do let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wuming
    I would like to watch "Interpol" (not sure if this is the correct title) the one with Sheren Tang. But so far no luck looking for it at the Singapore stores. If anyone has seen it around, do let me know. Thanks.
    I remembered see it released in vcds boxsets of parts 1 to 5 in some asian video on-line stores such as

1. http://www.malmusic.com

2. http://www.sensasian.com

3. http://www.yesasia.com

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    i've seen that Justice Bao version with ATV with the overweight Justice Bao and Gong Sun Ce that acted in the Taiwanese one...but it wasn't on VCD, it was on DVD. I didn't know Ruby Lin was in it?! I thought Huan Zhu Gege was her first series?! Well this Justice Bao series had actors and actresses from Taiwan and ATV acting together. It was nice to see Michael Miu Kiu Wai in it too.

The poem i have in my signature is from that Case with the Killing Butterflies via Jade Zither.
    How many total stories are in ATV's 1990's production of Justice bao consisted of ATV artists & TVB artists?

I am watching one of the released boxset of atv's 1990's production of "justice bao" drama tv series, its was pretty good, I am surprise that its MUCH BETTER than TVB's 1990's production of Justice Bao & better than some of Taiwan's 1990's version of justice bao's stories.

did anyone else watch it and what did you think?
    Last edited by earth4477; 09-23-05 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx
    This is why I don't buy TVB VCD's anymore, I bought all the Condor Heroes, Police Cadet VCD's and noticed a lot of scenes missing as well. Gimme a break if you're going to release it, you might as well release it the way it was originally shown, unedited. That's why I will only rent TVB DVD's as they are uncut.

After I bought all them TVB VCD's at Yesasia.com, I found this nice disclaimer.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images5.theimagehosting.com/TVB.2.jpg')

editing should now affect the storyline????? what you talking about Willis, it does so indeed affect the storyline. Never again will I buy TVB VCD's ever.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have purchased some tvb's vcds boxsets with a big disappointment because of many scenes drastically cutted & deleted like at least 50% is being deleted & its so expensive too, paying for an incomplete version thinking of getting the complete version. I compared it watching the same drama tv series of rental videotapes which showed the complete version verse the shortened vcds boxset version. Recent vcd disc can store up to 80 minute of the tv series while older vcd disc can store up to 70 minute tv series. Most or some of the 1980's TVB's drama tv series have about 40 minute duration per episode while 1990's tvb drama series have about 30 to 40 minute duration per episode in the complete version of tvb series on rental video tapes.

so you can guess how much scenes have drastically cutted & deleted from tvb vcd boxsets like at least 50%.

I thought its not worth buying tvb vcd boxsets after I found this out through buying tvb's vcds boxsets and its so expensive.

also for the recent tvb's recent old series released called 'flying dagger', its missing the intro themesong preview and they have replaced it with some commericals instead---I was so disappointed because I really like lsitening to the series' themesong.

*****With buying atv's vcds boxsets, I get the complete version in parts of 1 to 5 boxsets such as 'the rise of the great wall", 'the tai chi master I', 'princess cheung ping' , 'dynasty I' etc..

I think TVB's disclaimer at the back of their vcd boxset its a lie, they wanted to save the cost of a vcd disc. I think they can surely afford to released the complete version of their series in many vcds discs since they have highly profitted through the years, now TVB have purchase a large amount of land to expand their production studio. If atv can released their series in complete version if though they trying hard to sustain from high losses through the years, tvb can also release their series in complete version.

TVB really know how to do effective advertising, marketing & distribution of their products while ATV do not.
    Last edited by earth4477; 08-29-05 at 08:46 PM.

I many total stories are in ATV's 1990's production of Justice bao consisted of ATV artists & TVB artists?

I am watching one of the released boxset of atv's 1990's production of "justice bao" drama tv series, its was pretty good, I am surprise that its MUCH BETTER than TVB's 1990's production of Justice Bao & better than some of Taiwan's 1990's version of justice bao's stories.

It was indeed very good. Only 1-3 cases didn't get my interest, but overall all the drama was enjoyable.

earth4477, do you happen to know the case title for:
    1. the one which concerned the transporting and taxing of salt? Lawrence Yan was the lead of this one...a former constable turned outlaw after his wife and child died.
    2. Ng Ting Yip has a scarred face and Jacqueline Law is blind?
    3. this one about a bandit...the lead was in TVB's 80's version of Luk Siu Fung w/ Alex Man?
    4. a scholar is framed for the murder of his fiance's maid, and his sister took the case before Justice Bao? Annie Man starred in this one.

hmm...that's all I can think for the moment.

as for the TVB vcd boxsets...strangely enough, the DVDsets of the Viet dubbed versions of the dramas aren't edited.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca
    It was indeed very good. Only 1-3 cases didn't get my interest, but overall all the drama was enjoyable.

1. the one which concerned the transporting and taxing of salt? Lawrence Yan was the lead of this one...a former constable turned outlaw after his wife and child died.
    3. this one about a bandit...the lead was in TVB's 80's version of Luk Siu Fung w/ Alex Man?
    4. a scholar is framed for the murder of his fiance's maid, and his sister took the case before Justice Bao? Annie Man starred in this one.

as for the TVB vcd boxsets...strangely enough, the DVDsets of the Viet dubbed versions of the dramas aren't edited.

creidesa,

ATV's 1990's version production of 'justice bao' is already released on vcds boxsets available for purchase in 20 different stories---20 different vcds boxsets in the following 2 asian on-line stores such as

1. http://www.yesasia.com under 'ATV section' under 'new releases' section---
    I saw jacqueline law's name mention in one of the vcds boxset---you can search by artist's name or search by title of the name of the ATV drama tv series.

2. http://www.malmusic.com

the following new ATV drama TV series are released on vcds boxsets available for purchase in asian on-line video entertainment stores.

some are older productions such as 1990's & 1980's or some are just recent ones.
    some might be quite good to watch while others might not be that good.
    some of the popular chinese drama tv series are ATV's 1990's version of its production of 'justice pao' (judge bao Qing Tian) drama tv series.

****I'm surprised that ATV's 1990's version production of 'Justice Bao Qing Tian"--some of the stories-cases WERE BETTER THAN TVB'S 1990'S VERSION OF JUSTICE BAO & TAIWAN'S VERSION.

It's already released in 20 different stories-cases in 20 vcds boxsets---in 20 parts 'Justice pao' of many different artists such as the following:
    Jin Chao Chun, Jiu Yan Chuen, Ray Lui Leung Wai
    & Lau,Yuk-Ting & Miu,Kiu-Wai &
    Michelle yim (Mai,suet) & Steven Ma Ching Tao,
    Gilbert Lam Wai-Sun & Erica Choi Hiu-Yee &
    Lai,Suk-Yin (actress who starred in 'snow is red' with a whip as the weapon) & Jacqueline Law Wai Guen & Sharon Yang &
    Vivian Chen &
    Lawrence Yan Chi-Keung
    & Chong, Jing-Yee and etc...

***This atv series is misspelled as 'Justic Pao' instead of "justice pao' in
    the website http://www.yesasia.com .

Other ATV drama tv series released on vcds boxsets are the following:

2. A CRUEL LOVER----starring joey meng yee man & Kong Wah & Ng suet man & etc..

3. GAMBLER'S DREAM----starring joey meng yee man & Kong wah & eric wan tin chiu (leading actor in 'my date with the vampire) & nick cheung ka fai.

4. PROJECT JI XIANG-----starring joey meng yee man & kenneth chan (actor in 'my date with the vampire)

5. AFFAIR OF HALF A LIFETIME-----starring patrick tam yiu man & ruby lin (Lam,sum-yu).

6. RETURN TO THE TRUTH-----starring kong wah (leading actor in 'secret battle of the majesty') & erica choi hiu yee (leading actress in 'secret battle of the majesty')
    & michelle yim (mai,suet) & jackie lui chun yin

7. YOUNG WONG FEI HUNG----starring wong,yuen sun & etc.

8. THE ANGEL (misspelled on store website as 'the angle')----starring Moon lee choi fung & etc..

9. DRUNKEN FIST II (misspelled on store website as 'drunken flat II'----starring Moon lee choi fung & etc..

10. THE KUNG FU MASTER---the complete version---30 discs---starring donnie yen & erica choi hiu yee & etc..

11. HONG KONG GENTLEMAN PART II

12. MAMA, I LOVE YOU

13. FOREST CAT PART II----starring kenny ho ka king & Miu,kiu-wai & lam,jo fai & etc..

14. MISS ASIA PAGEANT OF THE YEARS: 1990, 1992, 1988, 1998, 1997, 1994, 1996, 1995, 1991, 1987, 1986, 1985

****please post your comments & opinions of the above series.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by earth4477; 11-24-05 at 08:47 PM. Reason: adding pictures

Default Desperately seeking Zhen Fei

I've been reading this thread and I grew up watching all the old stuff like the original reincarnated, sek kun movies (like the one with the leg that grew to an enormous size, the fighter used all kinds of tactics, like the golden rings that shot out from their pals, etc). One particular thing I watched and which left a strong impression in my mind is the scene of Qing concubine Zhen Fei being pushed into a well. I;ve no memory of who the actors and actresses were, or the title of the series. Want to watch it again as I'm in a Qing Dynasty mood.

Is it the same as 'Rise and Fall of Qing Dynasty'?

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Question

Earth, I know you're a big supporter of ATV but why are you posting the same thing again...and you weren't really replying to people's question instead you just post the links to sites? I don't understand what you're doing.

Anyway....I was wondering if I should get Super Swordslady, is it good? how many discs does it have? Thanks...

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Here Creidesca

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca

1. Part 1 (Hiep Cot Than Toan) 2 DVD

2. Part 2 (Nghia Dam Hiep Khach) 1 DVD

3. Part 3 (Ban Sac Anh Hung) 3 DVD

4. Part 4 (Mai Hoa Dao) 3 DVD

5. Part 5 (Tinh Am Duong) 3 DVD

6. Part 6 (Thu Chi Kiem) 3 DVD

7. Part 7 (Thuong Hai Nguyet Minh Chau Huu Le) 3 DVD

8. Part 8 (Sat Mau Trang Nguyen) 3 DVD

9. Part 9 (Thiet Khuu Phan) 3 DVD

10. Part 10 &11 (Tai The Tinh Thu) 6 DVD

11. Part 12 &13 (Tuan Tinh Ky) 6 DVD

12. Part 14 & 15 (Tham Bach mao) 3 DVD

Diễn viên: Kim Siêu Quần, Lử Lương Vỉ, Thái Hiểu Nghi, Lưu Ngọc Đ́nh, Âu Dương Long, Triệu Vỉnh Khanh, La Liệt, Huỳnh Thủ Đường, Tái Tế Văn, Lưu Đức Khải, Triệu Vĩnh Hương, Phạm Hồng Hiên, Dương Quần, Lâm Tâm Như, Bạch Biếu, Lư Chi Hy, Phạm Hùng Hiển, Mể Tuyết, Lâm Vỉ Th́n, Trang Tịnh Nhi, Lư Nhuận Kỳ, Miêu Kiều Vĩ, Lâm Oai, Vĩ Liệt....

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Earth, I know you're a big supporter of ATV but why are you posting the same thing again...and you weren't really replying to people's question instead you just post the links to sites? I don't understand what you're doing.

Anyway....I was wondering if I should get Super Swordslady, is it good? how many discs does it have? Thanks...
    suet seung,

I did not duplicate my postings.
    If you read through this thread, I have added NEW postings and DID rely to some people's questions. I also added pictures in the thread of some ATV series.

I have added to pictures in my previous posting as picture attachments if you are interested in looking at the ATV dramas cover posters.

There will be 1 pictures attachment to this posting--you would have to click the hyperlink at the bottom of this posting since its take a long time to upload i picture attachment to per posting.

1. one of the picture postings---have an ATV drama tv series with supporting actor --Eric Wan Tin Chiu in it in "The Rise & fall of Dynasty I"---Part 4 as the rebellious 8th prince competing for the throne----productions take back in the 1980's ---Eric Wan Tin Chiu appeared to be in his early 20's.

how old is this serie.$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tinypic.com/i5angk.gif')

Default Need Help To Identify Specific Story Arc in ATV Justice Pao VCD Boxsets

How many total stories are in ATV's 1990's production of Justice bao consisted of ATV artists & TVB artists?

I just came across this thread, and am thinking of buying some of the ATV's Justice Pao series, but I don't have enough money to get all of the 22 parts that are currently available on yesasia... So there was a particular story arc that I really loved the most that I am interested in getting, but I can't tell which of the 22 parts the story is in... I wonder if anyone can help me?

The story I am looking for is the one where the Taoist advisor to the king (he's the guy in the top left of the pic found here http://us.yesasia.com/en/ImageGaller...251/#selection ) who has an adopted daughter ("eern teem" - in Cantonese literal translation of her name is "soft sweet") and the part of the story involves a love story between her and a new male character who is only present for this story arc (I think his character name sounds like "syou hong zi" in Cantonese), and the story also involves a beautiful princess who is trying to take over the Kingdom through various means and is working together with the Taoist advisor. There are all sorts of contests held between the princess and the king's chosen champions.

Does anyone happen to know what story arc I am describing and which part or parts of the ATV VCDs available at yesasia correspond to these episodes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really want to buy this part of the series - it's my favorite of all the cases.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, does these series of Judge Bao (including which are sold in yesasia) have subtitle in English? Although it is said in the site that they don't have any english subtitles, in this forum you all wrote perfect english. I just curious. I really need to know because I don't understand any Chinese but I admire Judge Bao a lot, and I am considering to buy the VCD (or DVD). Thanks a lot.

Default The Unknown Series?

To Whoever Care To Answer,

My name is Minh Giao, and I am a passionate Chinese TV Series fan! Not only do I like to watch series, but I also like to discuss and analyze them with my friends. Empress Dowager Xiao Zhuang is my favorite character to study about in Chinese history, the person I greatly admire. I want to see all the series about her. After reading your post about "Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi," I want to watch the other two series about her. I am Vietnamese, so can you please give me the Viet title of these two series: "The rise & Fall of Qing Dynasty I' and the second series was a taiwan's production called something like "The Dynasty Queen named Dai Yu Yee?" If you don't know, then can you please give me a poster or something? I really want these two series! Here is the quote that you have posted.

The storyline is quite boring & draggy.
    I saw 2 other ancient drama with the same Qing Dynasty background theme story with some variations with the same story characters and they were better than this drama series with steve ma.

The first one I saw with the similiar storyline and same characters but with variations wes ATV's 1980's version "the rise & Fall of Qing Dynasty I' and the second series was a taiwan's production called something like "The Dynasty Queen named Dai Yu Yee".

Your help will be greatly appreciated! You can contact me at [email protected]

Thank you very much!