Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New ATV Drama TV Series released on VCDs Boxset

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hup
    To Whoever Care To Answer,

My name is Minh Giao, and I am a passionate Chinese TV Series fan! Not only do I like to watch series, but I also like to discuss and analyze them with my friends. Empress Dowager Xiao Zhuang is my favorite character to study about in Chinese history, the person I greatly admire. I want to see all the series about her. After reading your post about "Xiao Zhuang Mi Shi," I want to watch the other two series about her. I am Vietnamese, so can you please give me the Viet title of these two series: "The rise & Fall of Qing Dynasty I' and the second series was a taiwan's production called something like "The Dynasty Queen named Dai Yu Yee?" If you don't know, then can you please give me a poster or something? I really want these two series! Here is the quote that you have posted.

The storyline is quite boring & draggy.
    I saw 2 other ancient drama with the same Qing Dynasty background theme story with some variations with the same story characters and they were better than this drama series with steve ma.

The first one I saw with the similiar storyline and same characters but with variations wes ATV's 1980's version "the rise & Fall of Qing Dynasty I' and the second series was a taiwan's production called something like "The Dynasty Queen named Dai Yu Yee".

Your help will be greatly appreciated! You can contact me at [email protected]

Thank you very much!

In answering your questions, here are the website links to both atv & taiwan's version.
    I have watched 3 versions---atv's version & taiwan's version & mainland china version which atv's version is the best version, taiwan's version is better than mainland china's version which its the worst among three.

ATV's 1980's version called "the rise & fall of qing dynasty"

Nora Miao--the actress played the Qing dynasty empress which in the beginnig she played a supporting role then a leading role in later part of the series then a supporting role as her character's role aged as a grandmother with a grown-up grandson-emperor. she might not appeared young as the other actress who played the same character role in mainland china's version but the storyline is much better written showing she have more intelligence to outwit her competitor plus her acting & themesong.

the poster displayed on the website link its NOT Nora Miao nor the artists in PART one to PART 2-----the poster that's on displayed its the arists on the 3rd or 4th sequel. the website displayed the wrong poster for the series.

any more questions or comments rely to this posting in this thread.

The Rise And Fall Of Qing Dynasty (Part 1) B (Vol.1-12) (US Version)
    http://10.us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept....id-1004076061/

The Rise And Fall Of Qing Dynasty (Part 1) C (Vol.1-12) (US Version)
    http://10.us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept....id-1004076103/

The Rise And Fall Of Qing Dynasty (Part 1) D (Vol.1-23) (US Version)
    http://10.us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept....id-1004076121/

poster of
    http://10.us.yesasia.com/en/ImageGal...061/#selection

Taiwan?s version
    Yi Dai Huang Hou Da Yu Er (Vol.1-44)(End)(China Version)
    Sean Lau | Derek Yee
    Last edited by earth4477; 03-14-06 at 12:16 AM.

Default ATV's "Battlefield Network" already released on VCD Boxsets for purchase

Atv's drama tv series "battlefield network" released on vcds boxsets is not bad but fine to good to watch & better than some TVB series especially new tvb series.

I am surprised its better than I thought because of the refreshing storyline.
    it tells some of the dark side of the entertainment industry along with the bright side. its does have some insights behind the tv network industry but don't reveal too much.

the were parts in reference to the real life of artists & tv channels of atv & tvb--its kind of funny if you know who they are referring to.

such as the scene parts of atv's "reincarnated" & its leading actor back then.

the themesong was good.

there were 2 unknown good-looking ATV actresses in this ATV drama tv series which atv should have promoted to more leading roles in more atv series rather atv 's continued promotion to ATV's actress alice chan wai who have starred in many leading or supporting roles.

does anyone know the 2 unpopular good-looking atv actresses's names in this series ??:

1. actress number 1 starred as actor sunny chan kam hung's first girlfriend --she became a star in the storyline's character's role & married a bad guy.

2. actress number 2 starred as actor sunny chan's wife who got promoted to a director's position in the storyline of the character's role.

the ending was disappointing to me.

did anyone watch this?

erm do u have like the poster or something and do u know whether it is avialable in Malaysia??
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    erm do u have like the poster or something and do u know whether it is avialable in Malaysia??
    asian online stores such as

1. http://www.sensasian.com

2. http://www.malmusic.com

3. http://www.yesasia.com

so umean they r u not availablein Malaysia?? and erm do u have the name in chinese
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Default Thank you very much to Earth4477

Dear Mr./Ms. Earth4477,

I would like to publicly thank you for taking time out of your hectic schedule to do some research for my questions! I really appreciate it with all my heart!

Well, I have not seen the ATV verison, so I cannot comment on that. I will agree that at first, I did not really like the Mainland China production either because I felt that Ning Jing portrayed the Empress with no emotions or facial expressions compared to the actress (sorry, I only know her name in Vietnamese) in the Taiwanese version. However, as the series progressed, I realized that the Mainland China version really had a much better storyline, which definitely followed history more closely. The Taiwanese version was a lot more like based on a novel rather than just historical facts, and it did not really show her virtues toward everyone that well, which was very important to me.

When I watch Historical Drama, I usually care a lot more for the storyline, and the acting of the main leads rather than how good-looking they are. So, regardless of who portrayed Empress Xiao Zhuang, she will always be the paragon of what an Empress should be, and will always remain my favorite person in Chinese History!

I would really really want to see the series that starred Nora Miao as Empress Xiao Zhuang! Gosh, YesAsia is really making it easier for me to find this series by putting the wrong poster on the website. GGGRRR! How am I able to find this series now? Do you think that if I order the right series with the wrong poster, I will still get the series that I want from them?

Thanks again, and your help was greatly appreciated!

In rely to your question Mr. Dai Hop,

You can use the search engine of searching of dramas of the starring actress or artists by name such as Nora Miao and it will list all the dramas she starred in which included ATV's 1980's version of her as the empress in the atv series called "the rise & fall of Qing Dynasty".

Also, the hyperlinks I provided to you on the previous posting---you can check its her name listed there since those are the 3 boxsets she appear in-----so you don't have to do much searching---I provided which 3 boxsets she is suppose to be in according to yesasia.com's website listing her name for that boxset at those 3 webpages.

Hey hero,
    how did you became interested in this historical character?
    and over other historical characters?

how you also interested in the following historical characters because there are ATV TV drama series produced of these characters some of which are good to watch? They are already released on vcds boxsets for purchase.

1. the first ruling empress named "Wu Ze Tian" in Tang dynasty
    2. the first emperor named "Qin Shi Huang"-----under the title "The rise of the great wall."

3. Qing Dynasty emperor named "Yung Ching" under the title "Dynasty"

4. Ming Dynasty princess named "Cheung Ping" under the title "Princess Cheung Ping".

5. Zhu Ge Liang's wife in the 3 kingdoms period.

Dear Mr./Ms. Earth4477,

I would like to publicly thank you for taking time out of your hectic schedule to do some research for my questions! I really appreciate it with all my heart!

Well, I have not seen the ATV verison, so I cannot comment on that. I will agree that at first, I did not really like the Mainland China production either because I felt that Ning Jing portrayed the Empress with no emotions or facial expressions compared to the actress (sorry, I only know her name in Vietnamese) in the Taiwanese version. However, as the series progressed, I realized that the Mainland China version really had a much better storyline, which definitely followed history more closely. The Taiwanese version was a lot more like based on a novel rather than just historical facts, and it did not really show her virtues toward everyone that well, which was very important to me.

When I watch Historical Drama, I usually care a lot more for the storyline, and the acting of the main leads rather than how good-looking they are. So, regardless of who portrayed Empress Xiao Zhuang, she will always be the paragon of what an Empress should be, and will always remain my favorite person in Chinese History!

I would really really want to see the series that starred Nora Miao as Empress Xiao Zhuang! Gosh, YesAsia is really making it easier for me to find this series by putting the wrong poster on the website. GGGRRR! How am I able to find this series now? Do you think that if I order the right series with the wrong poster, I will still get the series that I want from them?

Thanks again, and your help was greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by earth4477; 04-11-06 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    so umean they r u not availablein Malaysia?? and erm do u have the name in chinese
    In my previous posting, I have provided the url addresses of the internet websites of all 3 asian video on-line stores which you can go to their websites and order on-line to be mail to you if you want.

I think the sensasian.com website have a store located in malaysia----you can find out for yourself.

Default A lawyer can be good-VCD boxset already released for purchased

ATV 's drama tv series called " A lawyer can be good" is already released in complete version on VCDs Boxset for purchase.

this is an 1990's ATV producttions---starring cast its
    1.eric wan tin chiu (leading actor as the good vampire in "my date with the vampire"

2. lawrence yan chi keung (the actor who played as the blind man in "snow is red"

3.erica choi hiu yee (the leading actress in "secret battle of the majesty"

4. pinky cheung (the supporting actress as the daughter of the vampire-general in "my date with the vampire"

5. 2 other unknown young actresses

6. veteran actor "wong, won-choi"

anyone interested in Joey Meng (Meng Yee Man)'s 1990's ATV series that are already released on VCDs boxsets for purchase in asian on-line stores include the following:

1. The Cruel Lover
    2. My Date with Spring
    3. Fist of power
    4. Who's the winner I
    5. he shou not cheat
    6. fist of fury

for whose who is not sure who joey meng is:
    she is the leading actress in ATV's popular tv drama series called
    "My date with the vampire" as the woman vampire slayer & ghost buster.

Quote Originally Posted by earth4477
    In rely to your question Mr. Dai Hop,

You can use the search engine of searching of dramas of the starring actress or artists by name such as Nora Miao and it will list all the dramas she starred in which included ATV's 1980's version of her as the empress in the atv series called "the rise & fall of Qing Dynasty".

Also, the hyperlinks I provided to you on the previous posting---you can check its her name listed there since those are the 3 boxsets she appear in-----so you don't have to do much searching---I provided which 3 boxsets she is suppose to be in according to yesasia.com's website listing her name for that boxset at those 3 webpages.

Hey hero,
    how did you became interested in this historical character?
    and over other historical characters?

how you also interested in the following historical characters because there are ATV TV drama series produced of these characters some of which are good to watch? They are already released on vcds boxsets for purchase.

2. the first emperor named "Qin Shi Huang"-----under the title "The rise of the great wall."

4. Ming Dynasty princess named "Cheung Ping" under the title "Princess Cheung Ping".

Dear Mr. /Ms. Earth4477,

I was really hoping that I would not have to bother you again, but things don’t always work out as we intended them to. Anyway, I am really sorry for having to bother you again!

I ordered the series starring Nora Miao, but they gave me the series that was displayed on the poster. You know, the series starring Mai Shuet and Lau Wing. I have already seen that version about Cixi, so that is why I want to watch the series on Xiao Zhuang Empress. I have returned the wrong series back to the store, but they had no idea what series I am looking for. Everywhere I have searched online, the wrong poster came up. I really want to see this series, so do you have any other suggestions? Do you know any other names for this series?

Well, I have always been a fan of TV Series, but more of a history buff. I am an avid reader of history books, so I would like to see how accurate TV Series can be.

After reading some history books, I have realized that it is so hard for a woman to be a loyal wife, loving mother, and a benevolent ruler at the same time, especially during the regency of her young son. Also, women were not allowed to rule openly, and had to relinquish power soon afterward. I am pretty much describing a perfect image here. It took me nearly six years of reading history books, and watching TV Series to find an empress who can fit the criteria above. Of course, that woman is Empress Xiao Zhuang of the early Qing Dynasty!

Being a history buff, I have seen all of the series you have mentioned above.

I have seen this series a few years ago. It is very well done! I don’t really have the same respect for Wu Ze Tian as I do for Empress Xiao Zhuang, but Wu Ze Tian is still a very remarkable woman to this day. The series did not portray her as a ruthless dictator, but rather as a woman who merely acted no differently than any other male rulers of her time. It also captured some other soft sides of her, like the relationship with her daughter. Overall, it is a really well-done series with some historical values, despite a few inaccuracies.

Another great series depicted a very important historical figure, Qin Shi Huang, who was the first ruler to unify China in 221 BCE. I saw this series as it was released on DVD two years ago. I like to read about the Pre-Imperial period in China, but can hardly find any good series about this era. Hence, I watched this series thinking that it would be another boring and inaccurate series about the post-Warring States era. With just a few episodes into the series, I found myself being really glued to the TV. I think other than entertainment purposes, people should watch this series to see how important Qin Shi Huang was in shaping the path for modern China. In fact, the name China came from his dynasty’s name of some sort. Qin Shi Huang’s contributions were definitely overlooked at due to his brutality. He was no doubt a very harsh and evil emperor, but his accomplishments should also be undeniable. It seems like he did everything for the country as a whole rather than focusing on the welfare of the people. After finishing the series, I did some research and realized that this was actually based on a biography book on Qin Shi Huang. I have read the book thoroughly, but still prefer to watch the series, something that is rarely the case for me. This is definitely one of the greatest historical dramas ever produced!

I have also seen this series upon its release on DVDs, but I did not really finish it. It has some major inaccuracies. I guess this was more of a martial art series trying to blend in some historical background. So, I would not classify this as a historical drama with any values like the other two series mentioned above. Since it did not reflect historical events, and I did not find the storyline amusing either; I stopped watching it about halfway through. I did not finish, so I have no comments on whether it was good or not; I just did not like it.

This series is so old! It is a little sad, but a good one overall. Princess Cheung Ping was not that significant of a historical figure during the fall of the Ming Dynasty. So, this series was designed for entertainment with not too much historical values, but I can see why people would like it or why they would not be too fond of it.

Are you talking about the series starring Adam Cheung Siu Chau and Mai Shuet? If you are talking about that series, then it is one of the worst historical dramas I have ever seen! Historical characters were totally distorted, and there were too many fictional characters added. I know that this is a TV Series, not historical documents, but you still have to respect the facts.

Thanks for your time!

Dear Mr. /Ms. Earth4477,

I was really hoping that I would not have to bother you again, but things don?t always work out as we intended them to. Anyway, I am really sorry for having to bother you again!

I ordered the series starring Nora Miao, but they gave me the series that was displayed on the poster. You know, the series starring Mai Shuet and Lau Wing. I have already se
    en that version about Cixi, so that is why I want to watch the series on Xiao Zhuang Empress. I have returned the wrong series back to the store, but they had no idea what series I am looking for. Everywhere I have searched online, the wrong poster came up. I really want to see this series, so do you have any other suggestions? Do you know any other names for this series?

Well, I have always been a fan of TV Series, but more of a history buff. I am an avid reader of history books, so I would like to see how accurate TV Series can be.

After reading some history books, I have realized that it is so hard for a woman to be a loyal wife, loving mother, and a benevolent ruler at the same time, especially during the regency of her young son. Also, women were not allowed to rule openly, and had to relinquish power soon afterward. I am pretty much describing a perfect image here. It took me nearly six years of reading history books, and watching TV Series to find an empress who can fit the criteria above. Of course, that woman is Empress Xiao Zhuang of the early Qing Dynasty!

Being a history buff, I have seen all of the series you have mentioned above.

I have seen this series a few years ago. It is very well done! I don?t really have the same respect for Wu Ze Tian as I do for Empress Xiao Zhuang, but Wu Ze Tian is still a very remarkable woman to this day. The series did not portray her as a ruthless dictator, but rather as a woman who merely acted no differently than any other male rulers of her time. It also captured some other soft sides of her, like the relationship with her daughter. Overall, it is a really well-done series with some historical values, despite a few inaccuracies.

Another great series depicted a very important historical figure, Qin Shi Huang, who was the first ruler to unify China in 221 BCE. I saw this series as it was released on DVD two years ago. I like to read about the Pre-Imperial period in China, but can hardly find any good series about this era. Hence, I watched this series thinking that it would be another boring and inaccurate series about the post-Warring States era. With just a few episodes into the series, I found myself being really glued to the TV. I think other than entertainment purposes, people should watch this series to see how important Qin Shi Huang was in shaping the path for modern China. In fact, the name China came from his dynasty?s name of some sort. Qin Shi Huang?s contributions were definitely overlooked at due to his brutality. He was no doubt a very harsh and evil emperor, but his accomplishments should also be undeniable. It seems like he did everything for the country as a whole rather than focusing on the welfare of the people. After finishing the series, I did some research and realized that this was actually based on a biography book on Qin Shi Huang. I have read the book thoroughly, but still prefer to watch the series, something that is rarely the case for me. This is definitely one of the greatest historical dramas ever produced!

I have also seen this series upon its release on DVDs, but I did not really finish it. It has some major inaccuracies. I guess this was more of a martial art series trying to blend in some historical background. So, I would not classify this as a historical drama with any values like the other two series mentioned above. Since it did not reflect historical events, and I did not find the storyline amusing either; I stopped watching it about halfway through. I did not finish, so I have no comments on whether it was good or not; I just did not like it.

This series is so old! It is a little sad, but a good one overall. Princess Cheung Ping was not that significant of a historical figure during the fall of the Ming Dynasty. So, this series was designed for entertainment with not too much historical values, but I can see why people would like it or why they would not be too fond of it.

Are you talking about the series starring Adam Cheung Siu Chau and Mai Shuet? If you are talking about that series, then it is one of the worst historical dramas I have ever seen! Historical characters were totally distorted, and there were too many fictional characters added. I know that this is a TV Series, not historical documents, but you still have to respect the facts.

Thanks for your time!

Dai Hup,
    In rely to your question:

As I have mentioned in my previous rely-postings to you in this thread actress named "Nora Miao" played the character role of Xiao Zhuang Empress.

if you have used the search engine to search for ATV drama TV series played by actress "nora miao"---it should displayed all the boxsets she was in even though the asian on-line store displayed the WRONG poster cover showing "mai suet (michelle yim) & anthony lau wing.

I think I have already mentioned in my earlier rely postings to you that the manufacturer use & displayed the WRONG poster cover for all the vcds boxsets of "THE RISE & FALL OF QING DYNASTY".

****I know this because many years ago I have watched the entire complete of ATV's part 1 & II which showed 8 to 9 dynasty emperors on video tapes which did not showed artists "mai suet (michelle yim) & anthony lau wing.
    the sequel part of mai suet & anthony lau wing have NOT YET RELEASED IN ITS ORIGINAL CANTONESE AUDIO LANGUAGE IN VCDS boxsets except for dubbed-mandarin audio language its released on vcds boxsets.
    ********I wish this sequel part its released in its original cantonese language on vcds boxsets.

********in the storyline actress nora miao starred the role as the Qing dynasty empress started out in the storyline as a minor supporting role progress to a major supporting role after the death of her emperor-husband & fighting the throne for her 6 year old son to back to a minor supporting role when her grandson grew up as the emperor till her death.

****I have a question for you. Did you WATCH the ATV drama TV series with actress "NORA MIAO" starred in of your ordered vcd boxsets of "THE RISE & FALL OF QING DYNASTY"????????????????

**********Did you watch above tv series you mentioned above from ATV's version or mainland china's version?????????????

regarding zhuge liang's wife---I am not referring to atv's 1980's version which was terrible written. I am referring to taiwan's version which it mentioned her as a supporting role ---depicting the stoyline characters as wise & intelligent or brilliant in their time--ancient times---may be exaggerated more than actual but was enjoyable.

****sometimes if i have time to surf the internet, i might rely to your posting.
    ***you are welcome to rely to this posting---contribute to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by earth4477
    Dai Hup,
    In rely to your question:

As I have mentioned in my previous rely-postings to you in this thread actress named "Nora Miao" played the character role of Xiao Zhuang Empress.

if you have used the search engine to search for ATV drama TV series played by actress "nora miao"---it should displayed all the boxsets she was in even though the asian on-line store displayed the WRONG poster cover showing "mai suet (michelle yim) & anthony lau wing.

I think I have already mentioned in my earlier rely postings to you that the manufacturer use & displayed the WRONG poster cover for all the vcds boxsets of "THE RISE & FALL OF QING DYNASTY".

****I know this because many years ago I have watched the entire complete of ATV's part 1 & II which showed 8 to 9 dynasty emperors on video tapes which did not showed artists "mai suet (michelle yim) & anthony lau wing.
    the sequel part of mai suet & anthony lau wing have NOT YET RELEASED IN ITS ORIGINAL CANTONESE AUDIO LANGUAGE IN VCDS boxsets except for dubbed-mandarin audio language its released on vcds boxsets.
    ********I wish this sequel part its released in its original cantonese language on vcds boxsets.

********in the storyline actress nora miao starred the role as the Qing dynasty empress started out in the storyline as a minor supporting role progress to a major supporting role after the death of her emperor-husband & fighting the throne for her 6 year old son to back to a minor supporting role when her grandson grew up as the emperor till her death.

****I have a question for you. Did you WATCH the ATV drama TV series with actress "NORA MIAO" starred in of your ordered vcd boxsets of "THE RISE & FALL OF QING DYNASTY"????????????????

**********Did you watch above tv series you mentioned above from ATV's version or mainland china's version?????????????

regarding zhuge liang's wife---I am not referring to atv's 1980's version which was terrible written. I am referring to taiwan's version which it mentioned her as a supporting role ---depicting the stoyline characters as wise & intelligent or brilliant in their time--ancient times---may be exaggerated more than actual but was enjoyable.

****sometimes if i have time to surf the internet, i might rely to your posting.
    ***you are welcome to rely to this posting---contribute to the thread.
    Dear Mr. /Ms. Earth4477,

How are you today? I think that you have misunderstood what I am trying to say. I will try my best to explain the situation I am in right now. Thanks for giving me the information that "Nora Miao" played the character role of Xiao Zhuang Empress. I am well aware of that by now.

I did what you said; I ordered the boxsets with her name in it even though they have displayed the wrong poster. The series that came to my house was indeed the one displayed on the poster, and not the one with Nora Miao. I have tried to call and complain to them, but they had no idea what I was talking about! Please tell me that you know what I am talking about?

After reading your reply on this post, I have carefully checked through my ordered set, and the series was about Mai Suet playing Empress Cixi and Anthony Lau Wing playing Prince Gong. Of course, the storyline was completely different than the one I want to see.

What are you talking about? Of course, I have seen both the Mainland China version starring Ning Jing, and the Taiwanese version starring Pan Ying Zhi. The only version that I have not seen is the ATV one starring Nora Miao.

Regarding the series about Zhuge Liang’s wife, I have never even heard about it. Since it is your recommendation, I will try to check it out, but my primary goal is to find the series of Nora Miao portraying Empress Xiao Zhuang.

Thanks,

Dear Mr. /Ms. Earth4477,

How are you today? I think that you have misunderstood what I am trying to say. I will try my best to explain the situation I am in right now. Thanks for giving me the information that "Nora Miao" played the character role of Xiao Zhuang Empress. I am well aware of that by now.

I did what you said; I ordered the boxsets with her name in it even though they have displayed the wrong poster. The series that came to my house was indeed the one displayed on the poster, and not the one with Nora Miao. I have tried to call and complain to them, but they had no idea what I was talking about! Please tell me that you know what I am talking about?

After reading your reply on this post, I have carefully checked through my ordered set, and the series was about Mai Suet playing Empress Cixi and Anthony Lau Wing playing Prince Gong. Of course, the storyline was completely different than the one I want to see.

What are you talking about? Of course, I have seen both the Mainland China version starring Ning Jing, and the Taiwanese version starring Pan Ying Zhi. The only version that I have not seen is the ATV one starring Nora Miao.

Regarding the series about Zhuge Liang?s wife, I have never even heard about it. Since it is your recommendation, I will try to check it out, but my primary goal is to find the series of Nora Miao portraying Empress Xiao Zhuang.

Thanks,

Hello Dai Hap,

You might want to tried video rental stores for rental vhs tapes since I watched it very very long ago in rental tapes.

Default 3 new releases of 1990's ATV Drama TV Series on VCD Boxsets

For interested viewers:

the following are 3 new ATV drama TV series released on vcds boxsets for purchase in asian video on-line stores:

1. The Cruel Lover--starring
    Kong Wah (the leading actor in secret battle of the majesty ATV series , Lawrence Yan Chi Keung---actor from ATV's series "snow is red" who played as the blind man,
    Joey Man Yee Man---actress from ATV's series "My date with the vampire"
    Man, Suet Yee---actress -----her face kind of resemble Erica Choi hiu Yee --actress from ATV's series " secret battle of the majesty.
    & others
    ***********see poster picture in the thread from prior posting

2. Beauty Pageant-----starring Nick Cheung Ka Fai ----actor who switched to become TVB actor------from TVB's secret of the heart

also starring Tiffany Lau yuk ting----from ATV's Magical cane & mythical needle
    & Annie Man Chung Han---from ATV's "heroine of the yangs"
    **************See attached picture by clicking hyperlink attachment

3. The Swordsman---starring the following:
    Erica Choi Hiu Yee
    Damian Lau Chung Yan
    Eric Wan Tin Chiu----supporting role in this series----leading actor from "My date with the Vampire".
    Kristy Yang ku yu----actress from "my date with the vampire"
    Lawrence Yan
    Chong Ching Yee
    and others
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default ATV Drama pictures & website links

To those interested viewers or ATV fans:

here are some website links of ATV Drama TV series' pictures such as
    1. snow is red
    2. my date with the vampire
    http://lavender.fortunecity.com/apoc...0/atvfilm.html

ATV's 1999 artists' pictures calendar:
    http://lavender.fortunecity.com/apoc...vcalendar.html

ATV's artists' greetings pictures:
    http://lavender.fortunecity.com/apoc...greetings.html

ATV's artists' page---few of them
    http://lavender.fortunecity.com/apoc...vartists2.html

Kristy Yang ku yu's pictures website
    http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/...64/kristy.html

*****If anyone know of any other websites related to ATV drama TV series or artists, please post it on this thread. thanks.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/index.php?act=image&pid=111773')

Hi does anybody know if ATV plans to release any of their series in DVD format, and uncut. TVB has recently New Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, Legen of Condor Heroes, etc on Uncut DVD.

Does anyone know if the US Dragon Strike version is uncut?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Hi does anybody know if ATV plans to release any of their series in DVD format, and uncut. TVB has recently New Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, Legen of Condor Heroes, etc on Uncut DVD.

Does anyone know if the US Dragon Strike version is uncut?

doubtful, the last few ATV DVD's I bought were very disappointing, they were VCD's transferrred to DVD-R's..................... what a big disappointment, only thing good was it was uncut, but still freakin expensive.............................

How's Tiger Hill Trail? I am thinking about purchasing it. 40 episodes is kind of long though, is it draggy?