Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New Series: EIGHT HEROES {Lu Yi, Edison Chen, Fan Bing Bing, Li Bing Bing, Li Xiao Lu

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic View Post
    ahaha, I love your enthusiasm for Chinese series! I do wish I have more time to watch them, but I can only make time for one or two series between school breaks.
    lol, before we get too off-topic in the "Eight Heroes" thread, I'll make sure to make the Young Yang Warriors my next destination with such high recommendations....it's just that I get so sad seeing most of them "die" at 'the battle' after being "familiar" with their character through their character development throughout the series.

And about the 'modern' insertation throughout "Eight Heroes," I was a little confused when they bought out the flashlight at the beginning! haha, I just kinda ignored it and continued on my lil merry way with the series.
    You've put my obsession with series into a better term, ENTHUSAISM, lolz! And yes, Young Warrior's a must see!

HAHA, I remember the flashlight and that definitely was the most obnoxious insertion of the modern props. But again, the series is intended for pure entertainment, so I didnt really bother freaking out. HAHA! Edison's character is a real clown!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by akayami djiho View Post
    who do you guys think is the most beautiful heroine in here ?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://entimg.acnow.net/UpFile/2005/1-27/191246_247112_244.jpg')
    i think it has to be dong xuan (bian su wen)
    she is do pretty i think shes the main character
    and her voice is purtyful
    lol

What the hell? Edison is back to film again???
    how many celeb that edc have slept with???Who have the answer will get a prize from me

Quote Originally Posted by edisonchen View Post
    What the hell? Edison is back to film again???

This series is from 2006, before the incident.

can someone spoil the ending for me? does everyone die?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    can someone spoil the ending for me? does everyone die?
    click to show/hide spoilers

Edison and Fan Bing Bing died after only 6 episodes.
    Except Dong Xuan (who plays Bian Su Wen), the other 7 heroes all died on the final episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post

Edison and Fan Bing Bing died after only 6 episodes.
    Except Dong Xuan (who plays Bian Su Wen), the other 7 heroes all died on the final episode.
    omg! thats horrible! was edison and fan bing bing together in the series? how long is the series (how many episodes)?

omg! thats horrible! was edison and fan bing bing together in the series? how long is the series (how many episodes)?

No, Fan Bing Fing was together with Anthony Wong.
    Edison died because FBB killed him, then she committed suicide

It's 40 episodes.

is this series good? i had it since 2006 but havent watched it yet..im thinking if i should watch it soon or maybe later depending on the peeps' comments
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    is this series good? i had it since 2006 but havent watched it yet..im thinking if i should watch it soon or maybe later depending on the peeps' comments
    The series was OK.

It is a must watch if you are either a Li Bing Bing and/or Lu Yi fan! Their chemistry was PERFECT here! I personally love their scenes the most!

Aside from LBB and LY, I personally started to take interest in Dong Xuan as an actress; I thought her character was very lovable and cute. ^_^ If you've liked Dong Xuan to begin with, this series would help you like her more!

For FBB and Edison's fans, especially those OVER THE TOP, I-want-her/him-to-end-up-happily ever-after-fans or she/he-better-be-the-main-character-fans... This is not the one for you. Too many of the fans started dissing the series after what happened to them. UGHHH, pathetic!

I personally thought that there were a lot of storylines in the series that was good and the incorporation of a lot of comedy in a dramatic series (especially Damien's character, who I love!), that was brillant!

You should give this series a try!

But I must warn you; the series isn't a 100% satisfying. Maybe a 6.5/10 stars (I'm a tough critic!)

It's IMO, slow during the first 5-6 episodes, and the middle got boring with some of the characters' storyline. But overall, bareble!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    The series was OK.

It is a must watch if you are either a Li Bing Bing and/or Lu Yi fan! Their chemistry was PERFECT here! I personally love their scenes the most!

Aside from LBB and LY, I personally started to take interest in Dong Xuan as an actress; I thought her character was very lovable and cute. ^_^ If you've liked Dong Xuan to begin with, this series would help you like her more!

For FBB and Edison's fans, especially those OVER THE TOP, I-want-her/him-to-end-up-happily ever-after-fans or she/he-better-be-the-main-character-fans... This is not the one for you. Too many of the fans started dissing the series after what happened to them. UGHHH, pathetic!

I personally thought that there were a lot of storylines in the series that was good and the incorporation of a lot of comedy in a dramatic series (especially Damien's character, who I love!), that was brillant!

You should give this series a try!

But I must warn you; the series isn't a 100% satisfying. Maybe a 6.5/10 stars (I'm a tough critic!)

It's IMO, slow during the first 5-6 episodes, and the middle got boring with some of the characters' storyline. But overall, bareble!
    thanks!! maybe il give it a go within these coming months after i finish bleach
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post

No, Fan Bing Fing was together with Anthony Wong.
    Edison died because FBB killed him, then she committed suicide

It's 40 episodes.
    oh WOW. whats the point in her killing herself?

Maybe she thought it was prudent to end her own life before the inherited illness kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Qin_Shu_Bao View Post
    Maybe she thought it was prudent to end her own life before the inherited illness kicked in.
    That was my thought too!

But aside from that, I thought that she:

1) Realized that her killing of Edison was wrong and that either she nor Anthony would be able to forgive himself/herself for the death of the innocent person; despite their largest attempt to forget! So I am guessing, she thought it was best if she gave "a life for a life" and killed herself to ease everyone's pain!

2) Another possiblity is that she figured that (conjointed with reason 1), since she'd revealed her deadly side (though Anthony knew her capabilities), that she no longer remained the woman she wish she was in Anthony's heart. Quite frankly, she just wants Anthony to spend more time with her and to LOVE HER the way he never really did before! And to get the attention she wants, I guess she wanted to imprint the deepest impression into his heart by dying on his arms and admiting to her faults.

^_^

That was my thought too!

But aside from that, I thought that she:

1) Realized that her killing of Edison was wrong and that either she nor Anthony would be able to forgive himself/herself for the death of the innocent person; despite their largest attempt to forget! So I am guessing, she thought it was best if she gave "a life for a life" and killed herself to ease everyone's pain!

2) Another possiblity is that she figured that (conjointed with reason 1), since she'd revealed her deadly side (though Anthony knew her capabilities), that she no longer remained the woman she wish she was in Anthony's heart. Quite frankly, she just wants Anthony to spend more time with her and to LOVE HER the way he never really did before! And to get the attention she wants, I guess she wanted to imprint the deepest impression into his heart by dying on his arms and admiting to her faults.

^_^
    aw...she had an inherited disease?

FBB killed herself because she wanted Anthony Wong to remember her forever. She also did all those bad things to get Anthony to notice her. Even though they're a couple, AW and FBB were never intimate and she hated that. Their relationship never progressed and the only way FBB knew to get AW to notice her and remember her is to act out and then finally kill herself.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem View Post
    FBB killed herself because she wanted Anthony Wong to remember her forever. She also did all those bad things to get Anthony to notice her. Even though they're a couple, AW and FBB were never intimate and she hated that. Their relationship never progressed and the only way FBB knew to get AW to notice her and remember her is to act out and then finally kill herself.
    oh wow. thats kinda desperate.

i think i was lucky not to saw till the end...

what a bad ending... HATE that Kind of ENDING

oh wow. thats kinda desperate.
    That's what I thought too! LOLZ, honestly speaking; the pretty ladies normally falls for the beastiest of men! I DUNNO WHY?!

Sometimes I understand that woman likes those who plays hard to get (and its the same vice versa); but I never really thought AW had that passionate feeling like FBB did towards the other. It saddens me in a way, but she just went over board trying to get him to notice her. SO SAD!

That's what I thought too! LOLZ, honestly speaking; the pretty ladies normally falls for the beastiest of men! I DUNNO WHY?!

Sometimes I understand that woman likes those who plays hard to get (and its the same vice versa); but I never really thought AW had that passionate feeling like FBB did towards the other. It saddens me in a way, but she just went over board trying to get him to notice her. SO SAD!
    aww. did he remember her in the end?