Thread: The White Dragon (Cecilia Cheung, Francis Ng, Andy On)

Default Fei hap siu baak lung --The White Dragon (Cecilia Cheung, Francis Ng, Andy On)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/fxxbl/poster1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/fxxblwp/d/8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/fxxblwp/d/7.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/fxxblwp/d/6.jpg')

I watched this movie last Saturday night, and I just couldn't quite shake it off my head. Has anyone seen it and liked it too? Cecilia is as pretty as always, and her acting is even more impressive than her looks. She's been in lots of crappy movies these years , so I wasn't expecting this one to be an exception when I watched it. And it turned out to be a pleasant surprise! It's funny and touching, and I have to say: Francis Ng is absolutely fantastic~~!!!! I mean I never understand the appeal of Andy Lau, Leon Lai or Takeshi Kaneshivo or any "good-looking" actor, but Francis----I'd say he's got this charisma from the blind-swordman character he plays, and the acting is just outstanding!!!! My only complaint is that the movie is too short, so I guess I'll just have to watch it over and over again

I read from somewhere that Francis is also in Infernal affairs 2? If it's true I'll defintely put this movie in my must-see list
    Last edited by Ainidewo; 01-31-05 at 04:35 AM.

Could visit here for more pictures:

http://ent.tom.com/juzhao/fxxbl/index.php

Yes, he was nominated for a best actor award for Infernal 2.

As for White Dragon, yeah, I watched it two nights ago, pretty funny stuff.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Do you have any other Francis's movie to recommend?

The Mission (he got a Golden Horse Best Actor Award for this one, upsetting In The Mood For Love's Tony Leung) and Bullets Over Summer

Both 1999 films. But some of his most acclaimed and loved films.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Thanks for your information~~~!
    I'll go and check them out

How are the fights?
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Minimal. Watch it for the comedy, not the action scenes.
    Swifty, Writing

Default Summary~~~~

Cecilia Cheung takes on two roles in this brand new film by Wilson Ip, which also stars Francis Ng, who hasn't starred in a historical film in years. White Dragon is a historical romantic comedy, but with Wilson Ip helming the film there is little chance this film will be conventional in any way! Adding more contemporary elements against a martial arts background, even breaking cultural boundaries by adding a Japanese-style blind samurai into the mix, White Dragon is innovative, fun, and romantic all at once!
    Cecilia Cheung has already starred in a few historical films, and this time she has to use all the tricks that she has as a Best Actress winner to pull off the demands on her part: cross-dressing as well as being a convincing fighter and musician! In preparation for her role, she specifically took music lessons to play traditional Chinese instruments. She plays both Black Phoenix and White Dragon, with the story set in Ming Dynasty. Black Phoenix is famed as a beautiful woman in a prestigious school who lives with her father Black Hawk, and she dreams of marrying a prince. Once she won an award as best musician, and caught the eye of the second prince, and they fall in love at first sight.

However, she is also the heroine Little White Dragon after receiving all the power from Elder White Dragon, who was severely wounded by blind swordsman (Francis Ng). Little White Dragon continues the works of the Elder, performing heroics and attempts to hunt down the blind swordsman. However, they begin to fall for one another...

Saying that she plays to roles is wrong. She merely played a character with a secret identity. (you don't say that Tobey Maguire plays two roles, one as Peter Parker, one as Spider-man, right? )
    Swifty, Writing

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

watched it.....enjoyed it....not thinking of watching it again...nuff said....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -