Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New White Snake Legend (starring Liu Tao as Madam White Snake)

Quote Originally Posted by karenyang View Post
    does anyone have the theme and ending song to this series?

does anyone having the opening theme pf bai she zuan series? If yo do, can you email it to me? Thanks! My email is [email protected]

Default better xu xian

xu xian in the new version was better than xu xian in the old zhao ya zhi version. ATleast this time xu xian is acted by a boy this time!

Quote Originally Posted by lido_freak View Post
    i wanted to see that! i saw an older version that joey wong and Maggie chueng did(i think) and it seems pretty good!i wanted to see the newer version!
    thanks for the pics girl! they look awesome in these pics. Love them!

I just ordered this series online. How is this version compared to the 90's version? Is the storyline different or did they change it?

i watched 6 episodes so far and it's pretty good. i really like the special effects and music so far. the visuals look pretty smoooth

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    i watched 6 episodes so far and it's pretty good. i really like the special effects and music so far. the visuals look pretty smoooth
    i love this series

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i love this series
    i'm on episode 15 now. it's pretty good. but the main character is such a wimp. other than that the fantasy elements are pretty nice.

i'm on episode 15 now. it's pretty good. but the main character is such a wimp. other than that the fantasy elements are pretty nice.
    haha you mean the male main character, xu xian? well, according to legend, he was the kind of very hesitant and uncertain person. in this version however, i think the actor that played him did a very good job. he wasnt TOO wimpy and i could actually see why bai su zhen would love him. he's cute

haha you mean the male main character, xu xian? well, according to legend, he was the kind of very hesitant and uncertain person. in this version however, i think the actor that played him did a very good job. he wasnt TOO wimpy and i could actually see why bai su zhen would love him. he's cute
    i'm at the part where they get married. i still think the female lead is more "manly" than the male lead

i'm at the part where they get married. i still think the female lead is more "manly" than the male lead
    haha yeah. she's usually the man who makes the decisions and takes charge in important types. but oh well, they're still very cute together!

oh, and Ganryu, btw, your icon/avatar thing is really scary!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    haha yeah. she's usually the man who makes the decisions and takes charge in important types. but oh well, they're still very cute together!

oh, and Ganryu, btw, your icon/avatar thing is really scary!
    maybe powerful women like wimpy guys? HSDS 86 had a kicka$$ Mie Jue....

i'm on episode 21 now. pretty fun series.

Just finished the series! Great series overall even though the last episode was a little bit rushed. it's a refreshing take on the white snake legend. i highly recommend it if you like a romance story mixed with chinese fantasy. The series looks very smooth. Special effects were awesome. The music was also great. Although the main character is a bit wimpy, i admired his loyalty. I just submitted a review for this series
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 02-26-09 at 08:46 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ethaicd.com/img/30551.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.ethaicd.com/img/38766.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by seventhfairy View Post
    I thought chen zi han(green snake) was prettier that liu tao(white snake) in the new bai she zuan series. Don't you think? Angie chiu is prettier than liu tao, but I like the bai she zuan version better becuase some of the parts in the old version, they just sang songs and I diddn't like the part were xu xian is acually acted by a girl in the old version.
    Just watched this series and mostly enjoyed it. The female characters were quite strong compared to the male characters. It also made me aware of how a character is acted can affect how you view an actress. I despised Chen Zi Han as Guo Fu in ROCH and loved her as Green Snake. What an expressive face she has [her character has to display every emotion anyone could experience, good and bad].

Now I'm going to watch the sequel 'Tale of the Oriental Serpent' featuring Qiu Xinzhi, Fu Miao, Cecilia Liu and Zheng Min.

I don't think Xu Xian was particularly 'weak' or 'wimpy' per sec. PAM's Xu Xian demonstrated strength and courage in the non-traditional sense. He was sensitive and courageous for the one he loved (he jumped off a cliff to prove the point!). He was loyal to his own ideals, despite what everyone thought. I believe it's tougher to be a consistently good human being rather than the odd moments of heroism. That makes Xu Xian a strong character in my eyes.

Also, the ladies and monk has fantastical advantages. I would be heroic too if I had those sort of advantages.

It's strength displayed by the weakest, consistently, quietly that seem truly impressionable.

I was very intrigued by writers adding a Fa Hai infatuation into the plot. A morbid side, but fascinating nevertheless.