Thread: ip address ban?

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Default ip address ban?

after reading some of wackywatch'es interesting comments (now banned) i was wondering if u get banned will u get ip banned as well?

just asking just incase he comes bak again in another account wif more intersting comments to share
    Last edited by hyperlink989; 02-03-05 at 10:55 PM.

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

seems noone has answered....is it because you didnt see the post or are you not sure?

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

i got another concern that could relate to this, who is FREEIPODZ, FREEGUY and ne one trying to sell ipods come on it's really annoying, can we put an ip ban on that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by trizz251
    i got another concern that could relate to this, who is FREEIPODZ, FREEGUY and ne one trying to sell ipods come on it's really annoying, can we put an ip ban on that guy?
    It's really annoying to me. I think it's the same guy since the username is similar.

There are Internet provider that will provide its customer a different IP address everytime they log on to the internet so is had for admin to use IP banned.

I know Sasktel does it here in Saskatchewan... but there is probably a reason why IPOD lover is spamming SPCNET and is probably not because he/she wants to spread the free deal... and it could be some reason not known to the public but to the admin and mods privately.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    There are Internet provider that will provide its customer a different IP address everytime they log on to the internet so is had for admin to use IP banned.

I know Sasktel does it here in Saskatchewan... but there is probably a reason why IPOD lover is spamming SPCNET and is probably not because he/she wants to spread the free deal... and it could be some reason not known to the public but to the admin and mods privately.
    ....u r thinking too much

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink989
    ....u r thinking too much
    I should think Beside if I really want to know I will just ask one of the mods or SPCnet herself.
    Last edited by James Ko; 02-09-05 at 10:36 AM.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

what's an ip ban?and i have to agree,the ipod guy's kinda annoying!

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

can someone plz get rid of him he's still around

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    what's an ip ban?and i have to agree,the ipod guy's kinda annoying!
    a ip ban is when the dude at the very top of the forum bans the IP of a user, so the user cant come back in to the forums and register another user... if u get ip banned, there will b a page saying something like:

You are not authorized to view this page

oh,i get it!but what does ip stands for?thanks for yer explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious
    oh,i get it!but what does ip stands for?thanks for yer explanation!
    ISP stands for internet service provider, other words, it is the internet company which you subscribed in, IP address is the number that the ISP provides you to go online....some sites, (like www.gunbound.net) tells you the IP address that u r logged in to.....

but some ISP changes the IP address every time you use the internet (most are dial up 56k)