Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Misleading Track 《奪命真夫》

Ben is sooooooooooooo evil.
    Up to ep 12 now and this serie is not a drag to watch at all considering its only 20eps.
    shin chan

I'm up to episode 6. I felt sorry for Bowie's character when he had to face the fact that his daughter isn't his biological child.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

wow deric is sooo evil in this series. i am up to ep 12 i think and yeah i cant believe somone wood do such ... evil things lol
    .+ IVVI +.

do you guys think Wendy actually die.. and omg i cant believe that Deric fake mailing the stuff to Yen.. grrz... well i hope wendy didnt die yet.. well but most likely she did..
    bu bu jing xin

Yay, the entire Mandarin version of this series is out, but it's 22 episodes in total. I can't wait to zoom through this thing over spring break 'cause the mystery is quite intriguing.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

well im glad you're enjoying it LadyZhuge.. It really is an interesting story..

********Spoilers************
    I think wendy did die... she looked pretty dead floating in the water... Her poor son... left all alone.... (btw hes so cute) Deric is quite evil in this series.. Cant wait for more episodes
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

I would assume that Wendy has to die in order for Yan to finally have her son back at the end.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

its true.. at least louisa will get her son back... but it would be hard for her son to accept it.. that his mom (not biological but still very close) died
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

I have 6 more episodes to go in this series. It's not so much a mystery now as waiting to see how Ben gets caught and punished for his evil deeds and how Raymond gets his just desserts for being a selfish homewrecker as well as backstabber.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Cool

is this one a good drama to watch?? planning to go to the rentals

I really like the opening theme song.

I finished watching this series. Overall grade: 4/5

***SPOILERS***

The ending was satisfactory and leaves things open for a possible sequel. They never did say if Jenny would terminate her pregnancy, but I would assume she does upon learning that Ben was the one who blew up her father. I really started to dislike Leo in the second half because he sunk so low to get revenge, although it's realistic and probably understandable given all that he was put through. He does come to his senses in the end in an arrangement that's best for Ning Ning. I liked how there was no forced/predictable romance between the two leads (Bowie/Leo and Louisa/Yen) and the ending kind of left things open.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-22-05 at 02:32 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I really like the opening theme song.

I finished watching this series. Overall grade: 4/5

***SPOILERS***

The ending was satisfactory and leaves things open for a possible sequel. They never did say if Jenny would terminate her pregnancy, but I would assume she does upon learning that Ben was the one who blew up her father. I really started to dislike Leo in the second half because he sunk so low to get revenge, although it's realistic and probably understandable given all that he was put through. He does come to his senses in the end in an arrangement that's best for Ning Ning. I liked how there was no forced/predictable romance between the two leads (Bowie/Leo and Louisa/Yen) and the ending kind of left things open.
    Here's my 2 cents on the series:

Good but can be way better. If I was the script writer I would have kept everything as it was until the point when they went to Vietnam to do some profiling on Ben Yuen. To add a twist, why not put the real Ben Yuen as the evil guy and instead Lau Kai Chung to be dead and that what Ben said was a lie (that he killed himself, if that makes sense). I suppose there could be a sudden moment when the identified fingerprint was identical to Ben Yuens. Rather than having Raymond tampering the original documents, I'd delete this scene.

I'd suppose itd be more suspenseful by having Ben Yuen trying feverously to cover his real identity.

Bowie Lam's character imho was rather spoilt in this series. Seriously, I do kinda feel bad for Raymond who had to grow up almost having to be like an elder brother to had to give way to Leo in everything. Bowie Lam's character was ugly here despite it being the ultimate goodie....though I suppose this series shed something realistic about society, the dark side of everything. This is definitive in the scene where Yen says to her friend Gam Jeh "I'm so scared tonight, the world is a really scary place, my family sold me out, even the person who I admired for his trust of law and the world has changed.".....

I don't know whether there is room for a sequel. I suppose it would be Derek out of jailing and plotting revenge again, but how he does this in an interesting manner, I still can't fathom (then again, I'm not a script writer).

One final thing I have to ask, was it ever explained how Derek (Ben/Kai Chung) got rid of his scar on the leg? One qualm I have about this series is how it all unfolded, the way they discovered things was rather lame and the ending was rather unrealistic:

e.g. 1: Wouldnt it be rather stupid for Louisa not to find out Ben was Kai Chung...he changed his hairstyle randomly and pretty much had the exact same hairstyle when she first saw him in HK.

e.g. 2: How quickly Bowie said DNA was nearly identical for twins.

Q: In the final scenes in the US hospital...are those doctors and John for real? I'd assume Leo had contacted them and the police to set up Ben - but how do you do this when he isn't even a wanted man? Secondly, I don't think you can buy actors to those kinds of things in a hospital and John - who the hell was he? a guardian of Ben's son of some sort???

Quote Originally Posted by harhar
    Bowie Lam's character imho was rather spoilt in this series. Seriously, I do kinda feel bad for Raymond who had to grow up almost having to be like an elder brother to had to give way to Leo in everything. Bowie Lam's character was ugly here despite it being the ultimate goodie....though I suppose this series shed something realistic about society, the dark side of everything. This is definitive in the scene where Yen says to her friend Gam Jeh "I'm so scared tonight, the world is a really scary place, my family sold me out, even the person who I admired for his trust of law and the world has changed.".....
    Raymond behaved like such a selfish jerk that I had trouble believing that he had given way to Leo in everything growing up. It was a case of the characters saying one thing while their actions showed another. I felt bad for Leo when Raymond tried to just take away his daughter when he found out that he was her actual biological father, "stole" back his klepto wife Susan, and then destroyed Leo's business establishment by framing him. But then, Leo sank to Raymond's "who cares about the method used 'cause it's only the result that matter" attitude. It is realistic, though. Unless you're a saint or robot of some sort, I doubt all those bad things bombarding you at once is going to leave you emotionally and mentally unafflicted.

I don't know whether there is room for a sequel. I suppose it would be Derek out of jailing and plotting revenge again, but how he does this in an interesting manner, I still can't fathom (then again, I'm not a script writer).
    I was kind of curious about what Jenny decided to do with her baby...abort or continue the pregnancy? When Ben told her that he's the one who killed her father, was he actually trying to save her since he figured that she's so blinded by her love for her that she's going to keep risking her life to have their baby unless she knew the horrific truth or was he just being spiteful? Ben could get out of jail and plot revenge...and perhaps even reveal how he got rid of that scar on his leg. For all the evil things he did, the scriptwriters could very well have just killed him off, but they didn't. Finally, given a few more episodes, Leo and Yen could have been .

One final thing I have to ask, was it ever explained how Derek (Ben/Kai Chung) got rid of his scar on the leg? One qualm I have about this series is how it all unfolded, the way they discovered things was rather lame and the ending was rather unrealistic:
    No, it was never explained. Since it was a 20/22 episodes series, they didn't have the luxury of discovering things at a realistic pace.

The ending was just very rushed, starting with the audience finding out about Jenny's illness (which pretty much popped up out of the blue), then Ben killing his father-in-law, and then him finally being set up and caught.

Q: In the final scenes in the US hospital...are those doctors and John for real? I'd assume Leo had contacted them and the police to set up Ben - but how do you do this when he isn't even a wanted man? Secondly, I don't think you can buy actors to those kinds of things in a hospital and John - who the hell was he? a guardian of Ben's son of some sort???
    Yeah, the last set-up was pretty suspect. After all, it was because they lacked real evidence against Ben that they had to set him up in the first place.

I would assume that John was a guardian or a teacher of Ben's son.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I still have not watched ending yet ... BUT ... think that Ben just wanted to be spiteful towards Jenny by saying he killed her father.

I think the scriptwriter wanted Jenny to have the illness so there would be a way for her not to have Ben's baby ... since he killed her father (karma).

WHAT I can not beleive is that Yen did not use her cell to record & picture Ben's confession when he was about to fall from the hospital roof of their son & his identity.

I agree that from what everything Bowie had to go through he did do the right thing in getting evidence against Ben (Derrick.) One has to be scheming going against another schemer.

I think the writers did the right thing in NOT killing off Ben BECAUSE then it would just be a too easy way out for him not to suffer what he put Bowie & Louisa through. Also he should suffer for killing Wendy who went with him through thick & thin (even though it is wrong.)

Quote Originally Posted by om369
    I still have not watched ending yet ... BUT ... think that Ben just wanted to be spiteful towards Jenny by saying he killed her father.

I think the scriptwriter wanted Jenny to have the illness so there would be a way for her not to have Ben's baby ... since he killed her father (karma).

WHAT I can not beleive is that Yen did not use her cell to record & picture Ben's confession when he was about to fall from the hospital roof of their son & his identity.

I agree that from what everything Bowie had to go through he did do the right thing in getting evidence against Ben (Derrick.) One has to be scheming going against another schemer.

I think the writers did the right thing in NOT killing off Ben BECAUSE then it would just be a too easy way out for him not to suffer what he put Bowie & Louisa through. Also he should suffer for killing Wendy who went with him through thick & thin (even though it is wrong.)
    Yen had plenty of opportunities to actually jail Derek or even kill him but I think her emotions got the better of her. She also hired a killer to kill him by running a 4wd over him (but aborted the operation at the last minute), and also had the evidence from that old man in Hangzhou (seriously, who the hell would go to Mr. Cheong straight away, wouldnt you call the cops or at least consult Leo on what to do next? or even take copies or buy another fake watch first???).

This series was rather about the reality of society and it is truly a dark place, no one woman or man can ever be morally perfect. I think we all do some bad deeds (the severity of the deed ranges though) to get what we want sometimes in real life.

I didn't like Bowie's character much, he did seem spoilt. At the start, what right does he have to say the law is fair blah blah when all his life, he probably didn't life a finger? How dare he say that to a framed prisoner? His character was spoilt I suppose at an early age, I mean wasnt his deceased dad some top notch laywer as well? Then all of the sudden when he loses his office and business, he suddenly realises this world sucks and turns into unethical or unmoral methods to get what he wants. Now he preaches its a "dog eat dog world out there and all of the sudden will doesnt have much faith in the law anymore (I dont too). Basically I would even go to the extent that for a lawyer, he sounded naive at best and dumb at worst to even have that much faith in the law in the first place. He basically didn't think you can be innocent after being jailed.

This series would have been better had the identity of Ben's character remained a mystery or at least add some kind of twist.

For a sequel, why doesn't TVB do something out of the blue like:

- Make Bowie Lam's character suddenly become a villian? and Derek's reversed and becoming a "born again Christian".

- or...they can have two equal villians (Bowie + Derek).

The only time when I saw a villian get away or there were two villians was in Detective Investigation files III. Chin Ka Lok (錢家樂) was the real one behind the killings in the final episode and yet he got away with it because Joe Ma (馬德鐘) was the only doing his dirty work.
    Last edited by harhar; 03-25-05 at 10:27 PM.

To me, Leo was just more sheltered than spoiled. His comment to Yen about the law always being fair was insensitive, but I don't think he meant it like that. He didn't wholeheartedly believe that Yen was actually innocent at the beginning since he didn't know her all that well. He was naive in assuming that everyone plays fair like he always tried to and that good always wins over bad. Yes, his father was a big shot lawyer, but also a very caring person who wasn't just out for the money. Leo was following (or wanting to follow) in his footsteps.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 03-26-05 at 06:04 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    To me, Leo was just more sheltered than spoiled. His comment to Yen about the law always being fair was insensitive, but I don't think he meant it like that. He didn't wholeheartedly believe that Yen was actually innocent at the beginning since he didn't know her all that well. He was naive in assuming that everyone plays fair like he always tried to and that good always wins over bad. Yes, his father was a big shot lawyer, but also a very caring person who wasn't just out for the money. Leo was following (or wanting to follow) in his footsteps.
    well i suppose our views are diff abt mr Leo Law (coincidentally also a lawyer). To me, I assume he was rather spoilt. I mean this guy (althought not shown) most likely was raised and spoilt like crap.

The way he acted at the start was very forthright and rather like as u said, a sheltered person with a lack of "life experience" who tries to think he knows it all just because he is some topshit lawyer and rich...

This series is not out in viet yet... but I'm curious about something... Is there any romance between Bowie and Louisa?? I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by satsuma
    This series is not out in viet yet... but I'm curious about something... Is there any romance between Bowie and Louisa?? I hope so
    Not really. It was more friendship than anything else.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

this movie is quite addicting... i dont have the ending though... but at the end.... derek goes to jail.. and who else?.. or is it jsut him..... how bout raymond??! and so after eps. 18 where mr. cheung rips up the evidence... does he do this just for jennY?!?.... theres a lot of twists to the last tape right??...

well its pretty exciting... so leo and louisa dont fall in love?!?!?