Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion 2

Man ... Yao actually came up pretty big in that game against the Lakers. Took it in and drew the foul to ice it with 2 free throws. REALLY lucky though that Cook's last 3pter rimmed out. Anyone else been noticing that Yao's been much more aggressive recently in attacking the rim? I used to hate his weak pansy *** style of play but I have to admit he's been workin at it and has been throwing it down at the inside a lot more.

Two more James White dunk clips I found ... here's the linky

http://www.uncbasketball.com/stories...itevideo.shtml

So whats ur alls fav team?

Quote Originally Posted by XxSimpleeSweet9xX
    So whats ur alls fav team?
    Lakers and Raps. I refuse jump around from bandwagon to bandwagon like alot of 'fans'

Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, Kyle Korver, *Voshon Lenard, Vladimir Radmanovic, Quentin Richardson for the 3 point shootout. No Peja? He's arguably the best shooter in the league.

Im predicting Korver is gonna win it out of the current 6.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    Lakers and Raps. I refuse jump around from bandwagon to bandwagon like alot of 'fans'

Ray Allen, Joe Johnson, Kyle Korver, *Voshon Lenard, Vladimir Radmanovic, Quentin Richardson for the 3 point shootout. No Peja? He's arguably the best shooter in the league.

hhaha .. I like the phoenix Suns *I lived in Arizona for a while* and the Detroit Pistons! lol key players .. Amare Stoudemire Steve Nash Quentin RIchardson Joe Johnson Shawn Marion Richard Hamilton Ben Wallace Darko Milic, oh and Casey Jacobsen .who used to be on the Suns but got traded to Hornets along with Jackson Vroman and Majec Lampe for Jim Jackson.. haha..

Quote Originally Posted by XxSimpleeSweet9xX
    hhaha .. I like the phoenix Suns *I lived in Arizona for a while* and the Detroit Pistons! lol key players .. Amare Stoudemire Steve Nash Quentin RIchardson Joe Johnson Shawn Marion Richard Hamilton Ben Wallace Darko Milic, oh and Casey Jacobsen .who used to be on the Suns but got traded to Hornets along with Jackson Vroman and Majec Lampe for Jim Jackson.. haha..
    Err...okay...Darko a key player?

But I honestly believe he'll develope into a great player. Same tier as Amare, better than Yao.
    Last edited by spooks; 02-07-05 at 09:27 PM.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

But I honestly believe he'll develope into a great player. Same tier as Amare, better than Yao.
    okay i'll give it to you only because he is kinda hott.. lol.. but n e ways i love Amare Stoudemire he rocks the joint!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Vince Carter is still a starter in the Eastern all-star team? Sheesh.
    well it'll be harder to argue against it when he scores 40+ twice games in a row.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

isn't peja still "hurt?" he's definitively the best game shooter in my mind. Voshon Lenard, i still think he's overrated since he was in miami. where is he now?
    i guess i would put my money on Allen this stuff is such crap shoot anyway.

i cant' see enough of him to know what form or shape he is. Darko looks like he's got the body of a Duncan or Webber but he looks like some kid who grew up playing soccer. how old is he now? 14?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    isn't peja still "hurt?" he's definitively the best game shooter in my mind. Voshon Lenard, i still think he's overrated since he was in miami. where is he now?
    i guess i would put my money on Allen this stuff is such crap shoot anyway.
    Peja just came back I guess the NBA wants new faces.

Voshon is playing with the Nugs gone for the year because he ruptured his achilles. He's planning to defend his title anyways.

i cant' see enough of him to know what form or shape he is. Darko looks like he's got the body of a Duncan or Webber but he looks like some kid who grew up playing soccer. how old is he now? 14?
    Apparantly he's a beast in pickup games both Wallaces say he's pretty damn good in scrimmage games. Neither Wallace seem like the type to give undeserved praise. But we'll never know Larry Brown hates the kid.

Pickup games don't always translate to the structured game though, so you never know. But I think Darko'll probably end up peaking at the same level that Yao will peak (if you feel like waiting 3 years after Yao peaks to compare). I don't think he'll ever get to Amare's level even though they have the same physique because he doesn't have Amare's explosiveness and, the little I've seen of him, he's shown very poor feel for the game (not to mention he'll be hard pressed to find his equivalent of Nash to feed him the ball).

Either way, it'll be very doubtful that the Pistons would get to keep him come time for free agency (I see an outcome very similiar to what happened to O'Neal at Portland). Tough luck for the Pistons I guess.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 02-08-05 at 02:44 AM.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Pickup games don't always translate to the structured game though, so you never know.
    They run plays and play hard defense in NBA pickup games, not your typical pickup game. You hear stories of these games getting nasty all the time.

Plus Darko is practicing and playing against the Wallaces (2 of the better big man defenders in the league) daily. If he can defend and score against those 2 rest of the league shouldn't be a problem.

If Yao had the Wallaces to bang against daily maybe he wouldn't be 7'6 pansy.

I don't think he'll ever get to Amare's level even though they have the same physique because he doesn't have Amare's explosiveness and
    Pistons don't need or expect him to develope into an Amare-type player. He has all the tools to be Nowitzki version 2.0 with defence. Or the Wallaces could be BSing us and Darko will be nothing more than Tskitishvili version 2.
    Last edited by spooks; 02-08-05 at 03:11 AM.

If Yao had the Wallaces to bang against daily maybe he wouldn't be 7'6 pansy.
    And yet Darko has come off as a pansy everytime he's actually played time that mattered. Hmm....

If Yao had half of the talent and teamwork that has surrounded Darko we wouldn't be having this conversation to begin with.

Pistons don't need or expect him to develope into an Amare-type player. He has all the tools to be Nowitzki version 2.0 with defence. Or the Wallaces could be BSing us and Darko will be nothing more than Tskitishvili version 2.
    Heh, I mis-read the "same tier as Amare" point. Anyways, Amare has gone as far as he could on raw talent alone, he has to start developing a J (thankfully, not that difficult considering his talents). One just has to look at how much he struggled without Nash to know that there are some gaps in his game that needs to be addressed before he can progress to the next level.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! When the hell will the Sixers ever make it back to .500??????
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Heh, I mis-read the "same tier as Amare" point. Anyways, Amare has gone as far as he could on raw talent alone, he has to start developing a J (thankfully, not that difficult considering his talents). One just has to look at how much he struggled without Nash to know that there are some gaps in his game that needs to be addressed before he can progress to the next level.
    well it goes without saying that Amare should struggle without Nash, Nash was playing so great people are talking about the guy being the first PG to get MVP since Magic. Any inside guy like Amare would struggle without the passer, developing a J or not i can't imagine how much higher Amare can go. He's already gotten the scoring down (30+ pts multiple games in a row) and i think he's pretty good defensively on a team that plays run and gun. And really i dont want him to start shooting otherwise there wouldn't be those dunks to watch.

well it goes without saying that Amare should struggle without Nash, Nash was playing so great people are talking about the guy being the first PG to get MVP since Magic. Any inside guy like Amare would struggle without the passer, developing a J or not i can't imagine how much higher Amare can go. He's already gotten the scoring down (30+ pts multiple games in a row) and i think he's pretty good defensively on a team that plays run and gun. And really i dont want him to start shooting otherwise there wouldn't be those dunks to watch.
    i agree with you and it is really obvious, when Steve Nash was injured the whole team got affected and Amare was getin like 8 points per game, but since now nash is back hes averageing 35 points a game.

But if Amare was really that good of a player, he should have been able to raise his game when Nash was out and take over (like Shaq and Kobe liked to do when the other one was out for a game). If you concede that Amare can't put up good numbers without Nash, then you are conceding that Amare's numbers for most of this year is inflated.

If Amare develops a jump shot, then his offensive game will be very similar to Duncan or KG as Amare will actually be useful to run pick 'n rolls and will also add to his repetoire of postup moves. I mean, Malone and Barkley were always strong enough to dunk and knock people out of the way, but they went to another level once they got a jumpshot. If Amare ever gets around to developing a jumpshot, he'll shoot up to that level.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

I miss the days when people have to shoot the ball. I always thought dunking is a way for people who can't shoot but have the other basketball skills can play.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

To everyone thinking Amare's # are inflated because of Nash. Look at his numbers last year after the Suns traded Marbs. He was playing with Barbosa who is a very young and raw PG (nice way of saying he sucked ). Amare still put up big numbers.

Dunk comp news.

Freddy Jones and J-Rich both declined invitations. Josh Smith is in if his ankle holds. .

All star reserves too.

WEST

C: Yao
    F: Duncan
    F: KG
    G: Bryant
    G: McGrady

Reserves

G: Rashard
    G: Ray Allen
    G: Nash
    F: Amare
    F: Marion
    F: Dirk
    F: Manu

EAST

C: Shaq
    F: Grant Hill
    F: Vince
    G: Lebron
    G: AI

Reserves

G: Arenas
    G: Wade
    F: Jamison
    F: Pierce
    F: Jermaine
    C: Ben Wallace
    C: Big Z

Can't stand Francis but he was screwed.