Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion 2

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    well that is one game... if that is the based... what about Rip, he runs circle around people and can put up some points.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Rip in the game. Though I'm not too sure who he'd replace either.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

yes you are right I shouldn't use the words "career year" because it isn't but I just thought it was a good term to use because all the struggle Cwebb have to faced to get back where he is now. Leading his team to win.

But you did assume Manu if he play over 44 mins his stats will increase. There is probably a good reason why Gregg Popovich don't play him that long becuase he will wear out. If not why wouldn't he put the best players on the floor all the time.
    No, Popovich doesn't give him minutes because he needs to give Brent Barry some minutes too. Those 2 players realized a long time ago that they would have to share minutes to better the team. This is the classic team-first dillema, good players have their numbers marginalized because of shared minutes. Except unlike the pro-bowl snubs for the Pats, Manu got recognized by the coaches. If you doubt Manu can keep it up if he's given more minutes, I suggest you go back and watch the Olympics.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    I wouldn't mind seeing Rip in the game. Though I'm not too sure who he'd replace either.
    Rip as in like Richard Hamilton on the detriot pistons? lol
    I LoVe RoN nG hE iS sO ****iN hOtT.HeS sO sExY, He's kISsAbLe, HuGgAbLe AnD Fu*kAbLe! HAHA I finiished a WHOLE MUFFIN! ahh!! Died hair agian light brown!!

As Moin pointed out earlier Manu's number don't jump out because he only plays 30 mins a game.

Give him the type of mins other all-stars see (35+), he'd be avging around 20/5/5 with 2.5 steals, while shooting 49% from the field and 40% from beyond the arc.

If not why wouldn't he put the best players on the floor all the time.
    Duncan is a top 3 player and Pop only plays him 35 mpg. Popovich spreads the mins around, Manu doesn't play over 30 mins because that's Popovich's coaching style not because he's unable to maintain high level for 35+ mins.

Brown is getting around 17 mpg, Barry 20.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

yes you are right I shouldn't use the words "career year" because it isn't but I just thought it was a good term to use because all the struggle Cwebb have to faced to get back where he is now. Leading his team to win.

But you did assume Manu if he play over 44 mins his stats will increase. There is probably a good reason why Gregg Popovich don't play him that long becuase he will wear out. If not why wouldn't he put the best players on the floor all the time.
    it's not one of his best year so far but i agree with you Webber has been putting up some consistent All-star numbers. I think what really took him out this year is how poorly his team has been playing (comparatively). Since the reserves are voted by the coaches, i think they tend to look at what teams are ahead and think if they're winning then they must have some all-stars on that team. 6 teams from the west, 8 from the east, that's only 14 teams represented; the only player voted in from a team that's not in the top 8 is Jermaine Oneal.
    Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A Start

hey did you guys see the game when Phoenix SUns played the Sacramento Kings? i only saw the 4 th quarter, but it was close! 125-123 last minuite.. lol
    I LoVe RoN nG hE iS sO ****iN hOtT.HeS sO sExY, He's kISsAbLe, HuGgAbLe AnD Fu*kAbLe! HAHA I finiished a WHOLE MUFFIN! ahh!! Died hair agian light brown!!

Quote Originally Posted by XxSimpleeSweet9xX
    hey did you guys see the game when Phoenix SUns played the Sacramento Kings? i only saw the 4 th quarter, but it was close! 125-123 last minuite.. lol
    Ya Amare did a really clutch time play by blocking Miller's tying layup.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Ya Amare did a really clutch time play by blocking Miller's tying layup.
    lol ya.. but some of the kings players looked so pissed off, they were like kicking and throwing their arms up and like chuckin their sweat bands everywhere and like started cursing n stuff

Wow Atkins with a huge game tying 3. LA/NJ going into OT.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    Wow Atkins with a huge game tying 3. LA/NJ going into OT.
    i didn't wach that game but is it La Clippers or La Lakers? lol

Quote Originally Posted by XxSimpleeSweet9xX
    i didn't wach that game but is it La Clippers or La Lakers? lol
    Lakers. Getting killed by the Pistons tonight though. 20 point lead in the 4th, might be seeing Darko soon.

Looks like Zo and the Raps are talking buyout. Probably sign with Miami...whined his way back to a contender.
    Last edited by spooks; 02-10-05 at 11:15 PM.

Lakers. Getting killed by the Pistons tonight though. 20 point lead in the 4th, might be seeing Darko soon.

Looks like Zo and the Raps are talking buyout. Probably sign with Miami...whined his way back to a contender.
    Might be seen Darko soon haha.. Hes not all that great and i used to think he was pretty hott, but not really n e more haha! i change fast o well lol.. i think casey jacobsen on the Hornets is pretty fyne

On a curious note, if that does happen, the Heat would end up having the top 3 picks of the 92 draft (for a quick test on logic: spot the one that doesn't belong): Shaq, Zo, and Laettner. If only Miami had made a move for Jim Jackson earlier this season when he was in limbo down in New Orleans they'd have had the top 4 picks.

I wonder if that's ever happened before, having the top 3 picks of any particular year on the same team.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    On a curious note, if that does happen, the Heat would end up having the top 3 picks of the 92 draft (for a quick test on logic: spot the one that doesn't belong): Shaq, Zo, and Laettner. If only Miami had made a move for Jim Jackson earlier this season when he was in limbo down in New Orleans they'd have had the top 4 picks.

I wonder if that's ever happened before, having the top 3 picks of any particular year on the same team.
    Never happened before.

Darko with a new career high....7 points in 7 mins. Along with 2 boards, an assist and 1 block.

Extrapolate a bit. He'd be getting 35/10/5/5 if he played 35 mpg. Daaaaamn!!. Give the kid some mins Larry.

AI amazing or what? Dropped 60 on the Magic only the 4th time in the last 10 years a player has scored 60+.
    Last edited by spooks; 02-12-05 at 11:26 PM.

AI is incredible. can't say enough about him. funny thing is, i think he also dropped something like 58 pts (prev. career high?) on stevie franchise before, back when steve-o was a rocket.

on a sidenote, like to give a big whoopee on hearing the news that the big Jazzhole, Karl Malone is retiring. Along with john stockton, the dirty duo leave the game with what they deserve, ...without a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    AI is incredible. can't say enough about him. funny thing is, i think he also dropped something like 58 pts (prev. career high?) on stevie franchise before, back when steve-o was a rocket.

on a sidenote, like to give a big whoopee on hearing the news that the big Jazzhole, Karl Malone is retiring. Along with john stockton, the dirty duo leave the game with what they deserve, ...without a ring.
    whatever. stockton and malone will always be the best duo in basketball of all time. it's too bad malone didn't get to end his career on a winning note, i wish more players can be like this work horse./

Yep, I saw the game where he scored 58 on Franchise (I think he was doubleteamed by both Franchise and Mobley in that game). It's a pity I missed today's game. Probably going to download it or something.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Yep, I saw the game where he scored 58 on Franchise (I think he was doubleteamed by both Franchise and Mobley in that game). It's a pity I missed today's game. Probably going to download it or something.
    that's crazy scoring. where can i find the game to see it?

It helps when you go to the line 27 times. Either AI was driving like crazy or the refs were calling fouls if Francis so much as to breeze on AI.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.