Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: NBA Discussion 2

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Francis is a better rebounder and is a (very slightly) better passer. He's also slightly more accurate from the line. Not saying Steve is necessarily better, but his game is more developed than Wade's (which isn't saying much, considering it's only Wade's 2nd year and he's 5 years younger).
    'Pros and Cons' game is fun

+ Francis is a better rebounder (meh he's a bit better)
    + Francis is a better pass (barely and he dominates the ball too much)
    - Wade owns him defensively. Wade has the ability to be a 'lock down' defender
    - Wade better shot selection and higher BBall IQ. 48% compared to 42%
    - Wade doesn't go around kicking camera men

For the AND1 generation out there.

+ Francis jumps higher
    + Francis has lik sik handlez and break ppls ankels
    + Francis iz lik a crazy dunker

Seriously though IMO Wade and Bron are approaching 'elite' status. I can't put Francis up there.
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by spooks
    Where does those 2 numbers come from? Just FG%? Oh how I wish there was really a BBall IQ stat. (I'm guessing all time leader in that is Larry Bird.).

Seriously though IMO Wade and Bron are approaching 'elite' status. I can't put Francis up there.
    And I agree, but Francis never played with Shaq either. And Lebron is just Lebron.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 03-28-05 at 02:27 PM.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Francis has a slightly longer range too. For some reason Wade's range totally vanishes past the 3-pt line. Francis can at least hit them at a somewhat decent rate (~35%?). Not sure if Wade just doesn't have the range or he prefers not to. This seems to be the only underveloped part of his game though.

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    Francis has a slightly longer range too. For some reason Wade's range totally vanishes past the 3-pt line. Francis can at least hit them at a somewhat decent rate (~35%?). Not sure if Wade just doesn't have the range or he prefers not to. This seems to be the only underveloped part of his game though.
    Meh MJ was never a great 3 point shooter. 48% from the field and top 5 in FTA and FTM is pretty hard to fault even if his range sucks. Besides Francis is shooting like 29% from beyond the arc this year (but he's around ~35% for his career)
    Basketball is the second most exciting indoor sport, and the other one shouldn't have spectators.

'Pros and Cons' game is fun

+ Francis is a better rebounder (meh he's a bit better)
    + Francis is a better pass (barely and he dominates the ball too much)
    - Wade owns him defensively. Wade has the ability to be a 'lock down' defender
    - Wade doesn't go around kicking camera men

For the AND1 generation out there.

+ Francis jumps higher
    + Francis has lik sik handlez and break ppls ankels
    + Francis iz lik a crazy dunker

I love AND1 but I think more kids these days wanna' be more like AND1 players instead of learning the fundamentals of basketball. Anyone agree? I see people on the street court try doing tricks and they can't even shoot a shot in the correct form.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    I love AND1 but I think more kids these days wanna' be more like AND1 players instead of learning the fundamentals of basketball. Anyone agree? I see people on the street court try doing tricks and they can't even shoot a shot in the correct form.
    I love playing AND1 kids. Flashy move followed by a blown lay-up or open 15 footer.

Anyone see Yao's lil wrap around behind the back 1st Q yesterday? Crosses Abdur Rahim and goes in for the cram. Great stuff.

Anyone see Yao's lil wrap around behind the back 1st Q yesterday? Crosses Abdur Rahim and goes in for the cram. Great stuff.
    It is quite fun to watch, kinda reminded me of TD with his handling in the open court. Though he only ended up with like 7 rebs in the game, which is still distressing.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.