Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dong Fang Bu Bai vs Xiao Long Nu

Being devil's advocate again, we know that there are many methods of learning, i.e. the way i learn things are different from the way my friends studies, and are likely to be different from what you use to facilitate studying.

It is likely that the same applies for XZ as well. Maybe the way that he learnt requires both direct supervision of someone who demands things from him, rather than a master that let things happen by nature??

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    I am reading the ROCH manga, translated (poorly by Comicsone) and LMC remarks that the bee needles are one of the 2 ancient tomb concealed weapons. What is the other?
    XLN uses Bee Needles and LMC uses the Soul Freezing Silver Needles. Those are the two concealed weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Being devil's advocate again, we know that there are many methods of learning, i.e. the way i learn things are different from the way my friends studies, and are likely to be different from what you use to facilitate studying.

It is likely that the same applies for XZ as well. Maybe the way that he learnt requires both direct supervision of someone who demands things from him, rather than a master that let things happen by nature??
    Yes, there are many methods of learning but, if 30 children went to the same school and attend the same classes together, after a year 29 of them have basically mastered the contents of the program. The remaining child (let's call him Lav) needs another year of private tutoring and special instruction to understand the same amount of knowledge. So, although in the end, all 30 of them have acquired the same amount of knowledge, you can hardly say they are all equally intelligent. You would probably say that there's something wrong with Lav.

Same thing goes for Guo Fu. She was taught by her father, together with the Wu Brothers. We all consider these three to be idiots. Should we say that: "Oh, Guo Jing could not explain his martial arts principles...", "Guo Jing's martial arts did not suit his daughter...", "She was spoiled and didn't work hard enough...". These things are all true, more or less. But should we conclude that Guo Fu is actually very intelligent, but just didn't get the right type of training/teaching which suits her? No, she's just stupid. If you're taught by Guo Jing and you're still a mediocre fighter, then there's something very wrong with you.

If everything else fails and the only way for someone to learn martial arts properly is to get intensive private instruction from people like Wuyazi or Tianshan Tonglao... Well, I'm sorry, but then this person should not be considered bright.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor
    XLN uses Bee Needles and LMC uses the Soul Freezing Silver Needles. Those are the two concealed weapons.
    Ah ok. I never realised those soul freezing needles came from the ancient tomb. Did Li Mochuo also steal the 5 Toxins manual from ancient tomb?

Also from the comic it seems after Yang Guo & XLN leave the ancient tomb for the first time, XLN does not want to leave the mountain and insists they practice YNXJ and 9 Yin. The comic translates them as learning some revising sun technique as well as some fist technique - what are these??

Also i find it confusing that Wong Chong Yang can leave parts of 9 Yin techniques in the Ancient Tomb and them claim his Quanzen skills can overcome Ancient Tombs. If his Quanzen skills were superior then why the hell does he leave 9 Yin skills? After all i think the point spinster Lin Chaio Ying was making was that her skills could defeat Wong Chong Yangs, not that they were undefeatible.

Further, the comic explains the relationship between the two as love but they were both too proud and concerned with winning contests between each other and that drove a rift between them. But this seems to contradict the explanation in series. Can anyone explain?
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Ok Guys.... this is getting off topic here...

Let me remind you.... It's a thread about DFBB vs XLN

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    Ah ok. I never realised those soul freezing needles came from the ancient tomb. Did Li Mochuo also steal the 5 Toxins manual from ancient tomb?

Also from the comic it seems after Yang Guo & XLN leave the ancient tomb for the first time, XLN does not want to leave the mountain and insists they practice YNXJ and 9 Yin. The comic translates them as learning some revising sun technique as well as some fist technique - what are these??

Also i find it confusing that Wong Chong Yang can leave parts of 9 Yin techniques in the Ancient Tomb and them claim his Quanzen skills can overcome Ancient Tombs. If his Quanzen skills were superior then why the hell does he leave 9 Yin skills? After all i think the point spinster Lin Chaio Ying was making was that her skills could defeat Wong Chong Yangs, not that they were undefeatible.

Further, the comic explains the relationship between the two as love but they were both too proud and concerned with winning contests between each other and that drove a rift between them. But this seems to contradict the explanation in series. Can anyone explain?

Zhuge liang,

Noodle in his infinite greatness had translated thos part of ROCH. Try to read them in the wuxia translation forum.

1) LMC apparently stole the five toxin manual from OYF. Don't know where or how she does it, but the manual's previous owner is OYF.

2) WCY claimed tha although Quan Zhen's techniques are defeated, he, WCY, is never and would likely not be defeated by LCY and her Jade Maiden techniques.

3) WCY like and probably love LCY, but he is never going to marry her anyway. LCY was trying to make him to commit himself. So, regardless of the contest, it is likely that they would not be together.

Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Ok Guys.... this is getting off topic here...

Let me remind you.... It's a thread about DFBB vs XLN
    Oops, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    1) LMC apparently stole the five toxin manual from OYF. Don't know where or how she does it, but the manual's previous owner is OYF.
    IIRC, it was not explicitely stated that the manuel was Ouyang Feng's, but based on the description of events, we can rightly assume that she stole it from him.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

How the heck could Li steal from a master like OYF? Or did OYF allow her to do it on purpose? I haven't read ROCH for a while but wasn't it OYF who seriously injured LMC and XLN's sifu? Maybe OYF played a part in turning LMC to "the dark side"?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    How the heck could Li steal from a master like OYF? Or did OYF allow her to do it on purpose? I haven't read ROCH for a while but wasn't it OYF who seriously injured LMC and XLN's sifu? Maybe OYF played a part in turning LMC to "the dark side"?
    Well, from what is said in the novel( the second edition) LMC had OYF running after her, that's why she went back to the tombs and asked for the help of her master; her master went to fight against OYF and save her from him, the two went back inside the tombs but OYF wouldn't give up, follow them there and a new fight started, thanks to the traps that are hidden inside the tombs,LMC's master sort of managed to freeze OYF's acupoints, but suddenly she saw LMC attempting to release OYF's acupoints(actually OYF was not even affected because he had his reversal 9 Ying), then she got heavily injured by OYF.
    So, this is my own interpretation about the matter, first LMC might have stolen the 5 toxins manual from OYF by tricking him, let's not forget that OYF was still mentally disturbed at that time, then realizing that OYF was a formidable martial arts expert, she lured him to her master, obviously she was hoping that those two would kill each other. And the reason why she wants to get rid of her master is even more obvious, she wants to grab the Heart Jade Maiden Manual.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

alot of people under estimate xiao longnu. she never did anything impressive like breaking rocks into pieces with one strike but doesn't mean her skills were low. in fact, till yang guo snake bladders, he was probably below xiaolongnu in inner strenght. he learned a lot of different skills but till after haung yaoshi treated him and set of his vial energy and JLFW gave him advice on his weakness leading him to realise the free and livily method of martial arts , he was probably far below her. xiaolongnu was probably not far below li mochou. in fact li mochou probably had only a slight edge in inner strenght. while xiaolongnu had an edge in skills. when they fought in the tomb, xiaolong nu hadn't mastered her skills completey and she was injured and lost her strenght, yet she could hold of li mochou for a while. if they fought later, she might be able to defeat li mochou on her own.yang guo had trouble when he fought her because of his shallow inner energy but after haung yaoshi's treatment they didn't actually fight each other,or things might be different even before the snake bladders. also xiaolongnu's inner energy was not low, she could seriously injure zhao zhi jing with one strike and his inner power impressed JLFW for i's purity and depth. because she only fought experts gongsun zhi and jlfw people underestimate her. after she left the tomb, she could match the QZ elders easy.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

the other concealed weapon would be the soul freezing silver needles, which LMC knew.

was the soul freezing needle a tomb weapon also? thot it was jus lmc concoction???
    TaZzY InC

the soul freezing needles and jade bee needles were both from ancient tomb sect, the soul freezing needles were more lethel and killed faster, the jade bee needles didn't kill you but caused you great misery and pain.li mochou got the soul freezing needles and xiao long nu got the jade bee needles. xiao long nu also had the antidote for the soul freezing needles thruogh she did not have the antidote for five poison palm.

and who passed on the antidote to XLN? Her master?
    TaZzY InC

yes, the soul freezing needles and jade bee needles were both lin chao ying's hidden weapons.
    [{extract fromJYreadingroom}The ‘Jade Bee Needles’ is a skill of the Ancient Tomb sect, years ago Lin Chao Ying had two lethal projectiles, one was the ‘Soul Freezing Needles’, the other was the ‘Jade Bee Needles’. The ‘Jade Bee Needles was a gold needle that was as thin as a hair, sixty percent was made of gold, the other forty percent consists of steel, and had a drop of poison from the Jade Bees on it, although it was a small, the gold was heavy and allowed it to be thrown over a long distance. This projectile was too venomous, Lin Chao Ying rarely used it, after her middle age, her kung fu had reached the acme of perfection, and so there wasn’t a need to use them at all. Because Li Mo Chou had not agreed to swear an oath that she will remain in the tomb forever, after her master passed on the skill of the ‘Soul Freezing Needles’ she did not teach her the ‘Jade Bee Needles’]
    so both antidodes are in ancient tomb.

No question about it, Dong Fang Bu Bai will own Dragon Girl.

I think DFBB will win.

1. DFBB was a leader of a sect. S/he had alot of fighting experiences and more cunning than XLN. This will be very useful in a combat. S/he will easily tricked the 'naive' XLN.

2. usually a transvestite is stronger than a real male or a real female in the same condition.

So with the combination of power and tricks, DFBB will easily win

With DongFang's speed and strong internal skills, she/he will win

I will not fight this Dong Fang Bubai person. He/She has not harmed me or my Guo'er in anyway.

Actually, XNL should be faster than DFBB as she was described as a blur when she took on the Mongol Warriors and GWM. DFBB's speed moves could be seen by LHC and he/she had a lot of flaws. But, LHC still got poked Iike mad without realizing it. Speedwise, XNL wins. Internal power wise, DFBB wins and if he/she isn't mentally weak in fights like GWM, then this fight should go to the