Thread: 6 mai shen jian

Default 6 mai shen jian

Hi all, I was watching the DGSD 2003 and I can't really understand chinese. So i was wondering if anyone can translate a couple paragraphs from jin yong's novel that describe exactly how powerful 6msj is?

People have ranked it among the most powerful kung fu in jin yong novels, so i wanted to see what it's all about.

Also, for anyone that's watched the DGSD 2003 version. What episode does the "sweeper Monk" appear? and what is his chinese name? I'm on episode 11 and I saw a lot of monks, wasn't sure if they were THE janitor monk that everyone claims to be the number one fighter in jin yong universe. I have to see this guy.

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by palmchange
    Hi all, I was watching the DGSD 2003 and I can't really understand chinese. So i was wondering if anyone can translate a couple paragraphs from jin yong's novel that describe exactly how powerful 6msj is?

People have ranked it among the most powerful kung fu in jin yong novels, so i wanted to see what it's all about.

Also, for anyone that's watched the DGSD 2003 version. What episode does the "sweeper Monk" appear? and what is his chinese name? I'm on episode 11 and I saw a lot of monks, wasn't sure if they were THE janitor monk that everyone claims to be the number one fighter in jin yong universe. I have to see this guy.

thanks in advance.
    He appears near the end

6msj is basically a sword made of pure qi that's probably invisible

CC had translated part of the Shaolin meetings in DGSD, in which DY uses the 6MSJ

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3706

and

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5607

Default Questions

Translated by CC
    Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Suddenly he heard the voice of Xiao Feng : "Third Brother, you are still not experienced with the Liu Mai Shen Jian, the six stances are different and there is a gap when you change between the six, allowing time for your opponent to attack. You should try concentrating on only 1 stance."
    To "change between the six" as Xiao Feng said, does he mean switching finger??
    So 1 stance meaning only 1 invisible chi??
    Does this mean Duan Yu can only shoot outs 6 chi[s] at one time if he was already expert in using 6 Mai Shen Jian??
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arching_Hero
    Translated by CC

To "change between the six" as Xiao Feng said, does he mean switching finger??
    So 1 stance meaning only 1 invisible chi??
    Does this mean Duan Yu can only shoot outs 6 chi[s] at one time if he was already expert in using 6 Mai Shen Jian??
    each finger can emmit one sword, I think during that fight Duan Yu kept changing fingers to try his luck, but when he changes fingers there's a gap in between stances. By focusing on just one finger, the gap would be eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    He appears near the end

6msj is basically a sword made of pure qi that's probably invisible

Oh i see.

So how does one go about learning 6msj?
    In the 2003 version of the movie, Duan Yu just looked at the diagram for a few hours and somehow he learned 6msj?

Is Duan yu special or the other characters learned that way too?
    and doesn't it usually take a while to acquire the learned skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    CC had translated part of the Shaolin meetings in DGSD, in which DY uses the 6MSJ

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3706

and

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=5607

Thanks for the translations CC

Is there a translated piece for the sweeper monk too?

Regarding DY and 6MSJ, it is true that DY is a very intelligent guy that learned this art by watching the diagrams in the Heavenly Dragon Temple, and then watching the actions of the elders of the temple, both learning and displaying it in the fight against JMZ.

Regarding 6MSJ: it meant a sword chi for each of the six meridian in the hands, not the six fingers in the hand. And i think that i would be difficult, if not impossible to have 2 different sword chi coming out at the same time, consecutively yes, but together no.

Regarding sweeper monk's translation: not yet. unfortunately.