Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Survivor's law vs Triumph of the skies

Default Survivor's law vs Triumph of the skies

I am watching survivor's law now.....heard Raymond Lam's family mentioned "triumph in the skies' when talking about their vacation plans. so I am wondering if triumph was shown earlier in Hk,even before Survivor's law? I always had the impression that Triumph was a newer show because Singapore cable showed it only recently and the sales of this vcd is only out recently too.

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I am watching survivor's law now.....heard Raymond Lam's family mentioned "triumph in the skies' when talking about their vacation plans. so I am wondering if triumph was shown earlier in Hk,even before Survivor's law? I always had the impression that Triumph was a newer show because Singapore cable showed it only recently and the sales of this vcd is only out recently too.
    I think it was aired before Triumph In The Skies.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    I think it was aired before Triumph In The Skies.

huh? then why was triumph mentioned in Survivor's law? strange....

but thks anyway.

huh? then why was triumph mentioned in Survivor's law? strange....

but thks anyway.
    I am not so sure actually, but my country's satelite tv channel shows series in order, so Survivor's Law was shown last year (around July, August, September), and Triumph In The Skies only started and the end of last year(Episode started Dec 30,2004).

"Triumph In The Skies" was filmed 2 years prior to it's release to public. So, 'Issac' was actually Ron Ng's first major role, eventhough 'Find The Light' was released first. I think the same can be said for 'Survivor's Law'.

thks Kidd,

any idea why TVB held back the broadcasting of triumph?

Do any of you or anyone for that matter, get sick of both shows after watching a few times?

thikn its b coz triumph took ages to make wasnt it??

I think because the airport isn't aways available for them to film some of the airport scenes. And also they have to coordinate with the flight school in Australia. And also the actors/actressess isn't just doing one series at a time.
    1001 factors.

I think because the airport isn't aways available for them to film some of the airport scenes. And also they have to coordinate with the flight school in Australia. And also the actors/actressess isn't just doing one series at a time.
    1001 factors.
    what Kenny said makes sense...ha ha..that means they can't put on wt etc..or it will not look consistent....

Do any of you or anyone for that matter, get sick of both shows after watching a few times?
    I got sick of Triumph In The Skies after a few episodes. Couldn't take Myolie's sugary sweetness and Flora's "is he, is he not?", among other irritables.

Survivor's Law on the other hand kept me following until the last episode. It was pretty watchable, though Sammul Chan needs more acting classes.
    玉木宏

blog

i agree. i dont like Zoe's character... shes acting all sweet and everything... gets annoying after a few episodes. also, why did they want to make Truimph in the Skies 40 episodes long? its on tv rite now in my area and im already bored at episode 26. *sigh*
    currently watching: None. Too busy to watch TV!

Triumph in the Skies probably took a long time to complete. I heard that the characters espeacially the pilots took training lessins before. They were training for flying a small plane. This took them halp a year to complete training. I guess that Triupmh in the Skies was in making when Survivor's Law wasn't even started yet. However, Survivor's Law could have been completed so maybe that is why they mention Triumph in the Skies in the Survivor's Law itself...

I hope I didn't confuse you....
    Lam Fung is the best!! I love him!!!

Desperate to watch: Twin of Brothers, Lost in the Chamber of Love and The Last Breakthrough

Go read my fanfic at www.winglin.net/fanfic/TVBfan !!!

I agree that I don't like Zoe too...too much of that little girl stuff. But i didn't get sick of the show cause fav.actor Ron Ng is there even though this may be his first major role. I saw him in Find the Light and Aqua Heroes (guest star) and I thought he look so great with that big eyes!!!

Desperate to watch: Twin of Brothers, Lost in the Chamber of Love and The Last Breakthrough

Quote Originally Posted by RLF Lover
    I agree that I don't like Zoe too...too much of that little girl stuff. But i didn't get sick of the show cause fav.actor Ron Ng is there even though this may be his first major role. I saw him in Find the Light and Aqua Heroes (guest star) and I thought he look so great with that big eyes!!!
    Hi, Thanks,

but there is a big plb...myolie Wu's hairstyle is so different in both shows...if triumph took so long to make..then how did she keep 2 different haircuts at the same time...I just don't get it.

Seems you love Raymond and like Ron too since u mentioned favourite actor...who do you prefer among the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by RLF Lover
    Triumph in the Skies probably took a long time to complete. I heard that the characters espeacially the pilots took training lessins before. They were training for flying a small plane. This took them halp a year to complete training. I guess that Triupmh in the Skies was in making when Survivor's Law wasn't even started yet. However, Survivor's Law could have been completed so maybe that is why they mention Triumph in the Skies in the Survivor's Law itself...

I hope I didn't confuse you....
    so all of the cadets really did know how to fly a plane by the end of the serial? wow not bad...they get to learn such an interesting skill? and TVB sure is patient with the filming of this serial....

Hi, Thanks,

but there is a big plb...myolie Wu's hairstyle is so different in both shows...if triumph took so long to make..then how did she keep 2 different haircuts at the same time...I just don't get it.

Seems you love Raymond and like Ron too since u mentioned favourite actor...who do you prefer among the 2?
    I was thinking that, too. Myolie's hair is really diff in both series. Kenneth Ma also guest starred on SL as the pervert who likes pantyhose. His hair looked different, too. My guess is that Triumph is the Sky was probably filmed first, but because of the large cast and different storylines, they probably had to film in segments at a time instead of chronologicly. Editing probably took longer since it was 40 episodes.

1001 factors.

When Triumph in The skies was airing. I have watched K-100. There they said that they were very happy because they can go to film some private place in HongKong International Airport where everybody can't go. Airport scenes was true. Because I remeber all place where they have gone. Some place I haven't got go to. But places looks true.

Hi, Thanks,

I prefer Raymond Lam more. Course I love him more but Ron is not that bad.

yup....got a big problem!! So maybe if TITS is filmed first before Survivor's Law....maybe they had to do some editing on the plane since the plane is a fake....they want it to be as perfect as possible.

so all of the cadets really did know how to fly a plane by the end of the serial? wow not bad...they get to learn such an interesting skill? and TVB sure is patient with the filming of this serial....
    When I watch the making of TITS...they said that the cadets really took training lessons.