Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

heyaz~
    well...the ending was nice. they got their dream, just to be with each other.
    does anyone have the english translations to the themesong?
    please post ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ~*aims*~
    heyaz~
    well...the ending was nice. they got their dream, just to be with each other.
    does anyone have the english translations to the themesong?
    please post ^^
    http://daejanggeum.blogsome.com/cate...tracks/page/2/

I have recently finished Dae Jang Geum and I too love these series - yeah and suffered the withdrawal syndrome

I like the fact that the series were long so there were no shortcuts and each story is explored satisfactorily.

Fave parts:

Most scenes with JG and Sir Min - fave is either when he comes back for her during the quarantine (and I too am glad that they have not kissed as the director told them to! Lee YA has a good understanding of JG character), also when they ran away - so sweet This is such a perfect couple that it is impossible to like the men around us after watching someone like Sir Min (bad side effect of K-Dramas)

I also loved the scene when JG became the highest kitchen lady for a few days and saw Lady Han's apparition. I cried so much during that scene...
    Actually anyone else find similarities in the death scene of Lady Han and the scene in Autumn Love Song? The way they ask questions just to make sure they answer them and remain alive?

The baddies were perfect, Lady Choi's end was also very nicely done. I did not like Keum Young at all since she really made love dirty using tricks to seperate JG and Sir Min and ruin JG just because Sir Min loves her. I would pity her if she did not do anything. But kind of felt bad since she kept JG's mother's letter. This was a good deed.

The only thing I did not really like in this drama is the comic relief. But this is a very minor complain. The ending is the best I have seen in a drama. It was exactly as I wanted it to end.

And even though my fave K Drama is still Lovers in Paris, JG is the best drama I have seen.

haha!
    everything you wrote is exactly what i would write!
    although, at first, i didnt like the ending much, but apparantly thats just cuz im immature and too young, but now, i love it ^^
    hehe i like ur fav scenes...my fav would also b wen min jung-ho injures his hand! its sooo cute how she binds it for him.
    too bad how at the end, they dont seem to be in love anymroe >< but i know they are...they're just content now.
    =P
    Last edited by ~*aims*~; 09-11-05 at 12:12 AM.

hehe...yes, LYA has a very good depth of understanding of JG's character...except, it would hav been soooooo sweet if he have her a kiss!
    im so happy they hav a daughter...im sure MJH would make a very good dad =P

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet
    I also loved the scene when JG became the highest kitchen lady for a few days and saw Lady Han's apparition. I cried so much during that scene...
    Actually anyone else find similarities in the death scene of Lady Han and the scene in Autumn Love Song? The way they ask questions just to make sure they answer them and remain alive?

The baddies were perfect, Lady Choi's end was also very nicely done. I did not like Keum Young at all since she really made love dirty using tricks to seperate JG and Sir Min and ruin JG just because Sir Min loves her. I would pity her if she did not do anything. But kind of felt bad since she kept JG's mother's letter. This was a good deed.
    that is how u make sure the person is concious by talking to them. when they are concious, they'll try to forget about their pain, etc. and focus on ur questions. in other words, to divert their thoughts (from death).

i couldnt believe that lady choi will flash back to her sweet memories when she
    s with her best frens (lady han and myeong yee). why did she let go? coz of tiredness for being a bad person that she didnt want to be all a long? sigh....

i think maybe she also let go because she was so confused, and her flashback went to this time when she let go of a tree branch and her two best friends caught her. maybe she trusted that they would do the same this time...

too bad that i missed the lady choi suicide parts bcoz hav to attend to my U's exam.

hehe its okay, the suicide episode wasnt the best anyway xD
    the best scenes are where jang geum is with min jung-ho ^^ its soooo sweet!

does anyone have the themesongs or tunes of the series, if yes could u upload them thanks!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Default OST

You can find the OST here :

http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59229

its on page 3.

njoy =)

i missed the episdoe where JG and MJH frolick in the water...can someone pls explain why MJH just ''happened'' to be there? and why did he play with JG? i mean...they havnt xactly professed their love for each other yet =P
    if any1 has the dvds, can u post some screenshots?
    thanx in advance ^^

Hello i was just wondering if any one know who the singer is for the theme song in Jewel in the palace the cantonese version?
    thanxs you if you reply
    bye babystar =)

Quote Originally Posted by babystar
    Hello i was just wondering if any one know who the singer is for the theme song in Jewel in the palace the cantonese version?
    thanxs you if you reply
    bye babystar =)
    Themesong - Kelly Chen
    Hamangyeon(canto version) - Kelly Chen/Bowie Lam(not sang together)

hello
    thanxs it was very appreciated that you have reply to my post thanxs again
    bye babystar =)

Quote Originally Posted by ~*aims*~
    i think maybe she also let go because she was so confused, and her flashback went to this time when she let go of a tree branch and her two best friends caught her. maybe she trusted that they would do the same this time...
    She let go because it was a release for her. As you may remember in the flashback, the two kids kept telling her)it was okay to let go of the branch, and she would be okay. She let go of the tree branch, and sure enough she landed onto the ground without incident (meaning she didn't get hurt).

So letting go of the branch and falling (yes, she did know she was going to die at that point), is like letting go of your pain (pain of all the trecherous things she did), and finding the forgiveness afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Themesong - Kelly Chen
    Hamangyeon(canto version) - Kelly Chen/Bowie Lam(not sang together)
    who do u prefer when singing hamangyeon? kelly or bowie?
    in astro, u dont see the kelly's mtv singing hamangyeon... i wonder why? is it supposed to be sang by bowie only?

Quote Originally Posted by MishaGrl
    She let go because it was a release for her. As you may remember in the flashback, the two kids kept telling her)it was okay to let go of the branch, and she would be okay. She let go of the tree branch, and sure enough she landed onto the ground without incident (meaning she didn't get hurt).

So letting go of the branch and falling (yes, she did know she was going to die at that point), is like letting go of your pain (pain of all the trecherous things she did), and finding the forgiveness afterwards.
    agreed... she looked so breakdown at that scene.
    lady choi is a nice gal when she were young. it's her aunt that causes her to change... like wat happened to kam ying.

Wink Emotional parts of the show..

~JG's mother dies and she's feeding her mother berries
    ~Little JG had to stand and carry the water for 8hrs so she could sit the exam, and she whiz the exam !
    ~ When Madam Han and JG finally discover's their connection (Madam Han visits the vinegar pot and see's the letter & JG goes to the royal kitchen and finds the vinegar jar)
    ~MJH openly tell's JG he would be by her side for the next week, month, years, decades no matter what ! (awww soo sweet! )
    ~ JG sent to exile to the Island and MJH jumps on a horse and tries to chase after her

This is all I can think of at the moment....hehe...
    Anyone else wanna add to the list...?

i've heard a lot of praises on this series so i rented it. so far it's a bit boring. should i keep watching? is the series going to get better? i really hope so. i had high expectations for this series since it got such great ratings.