Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

a star///
    haha yes! alot more emotional parts i want to add xD
    - when MJH rescues JG from the fire and hugs her ^^
    - when MJH and JG look at each other after they hear that the king wants to make her a concubine ... so sad! the music was soooo sad...
    - when MJH hurts his hand after practicing archery so much...and JG wraps it 4 him
    - when han sang goong died... ><
    - when the king got his sight back, and JG goes to find MJH
    - when MJH and JG reunite at the end ^^

babygurl///
    yes! you have to keep watching! its really really really good, especially from like...episode 30 onwards...
    dont stop watching now...it gets wayyy better ^^

yes! you have to keep watching! its really really really good, especially from like...episode 30 onwards...
    thanks for the heads up. i would've given up on it if i hadn't rented to whole thing already. i'll take ur word for it then.

*phew*
    thats good! hehe...as JG says... ''no one can teach me to give up...never!''
    =P

Quote Originally Posted by kacheek
    who do u prefer when singing hamangyeon? kelly or bowie?
    in astro, u dont see the kelly's mtv singing hamangyeon... i wonder why? is it supposed to be sang by bowie only?
    I prefer Kelly's version.. Just thought it was better... Not sure if she does the MV though..

Cool

hmm...the whole show is just so full of touching scenes that you just cant stop watching...i am actually planning to rewatch it if i have the time :P ...and kelly's version of the song just sounds nicer...at least i understand most of the words ...does anyone has anymore screen caps for the show??? the song and everything in it is just so well-coordinated that it makes it so touching...
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

hehe...i agree...
    its wierd when ppl who have just started the series, or havnt started at all, always say that its toooo long and everything...
    but ppl who are emotionally attatched to the series always say that its too short...and that they wish it could go on forever...
    *wistful sigh*
    yeah...there are so many touching parts...*sniff*
    umm...i got my dvds back...i'll try to post some screen shots when i have time. any particular scenes you want?
    xD

Quote Originally Posted by ~*aims*~
    hehe...i agree...
    its wierd when ppl who have just started the series, or havnt started at all, always say that its toooo long and everything...
    but ppl who are emotionally attatched to the series always say that its too short...and that they wish it could go on forever...
    *wistful sigh*
    yeah...there are so many touching parts...*sniff*
    umm...i got my dvds back...i'll try to post some screen shots when i have time. any particular scenes you want?
    xD
    Yeah.. I was like "NO... don't end..." Lol...
    Thanks first for the screenshots
    Erm... what about... little Janggeum and her daughter.. heheh...

Hmm, I do find the show draggy in some bits. There sometimes are too many flashbacks or unnecessary lingering scenes. But I love the bits with Min Sir. He's like a guardian angel of sorts to Janggeum. Always there for her to the very end. What a guy!

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Hmm, I do find the show draggy in some bits. There sometimes are too many flashbacks or unnecessary lingering scenes. But I love the bits with Min Sir. He's like a guardian angel of sorts to Janggeum. Always there for her to the very end. What a guy!
    yes i quite agree with u that the show sometime kinda draggy, However the series are the best of the best. I love Sir min too he such a great guy i wish he could be my guardian angel ahahha
    Favourite---Idol: Lee Young Ae, Myolie Wu
    Favourite---Series: Jewel In the Palace, War In-Law, The Dance of Passion

Visit The Dance of Passion Blogger

*phew*
    thats good! hehe...as JG says... ''no one can teach me to give up...never!''
    =P
    i like that quote that Jang Geum said ''no one can teach me to give up...never!''
    Favourite---Idol: Lee Young Ae, Myolie Wu
    Favourite---Series: Jewel In the Palace, War In-Law, The Dance of Passion

Visit The Dance of Passion Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Yeah.. its draggy.. but I didn't really find it like that because I missed the first few episodes .. So, the series wasn't really draggy for me...

I adore Sir Min here... its really funny when he thought Kam Ying was Cheung Kam and he was smiling happily.... but quickly changed his expression when he saw Kam Ying.. Lolz... cracked me up a little.. and I loved the part when he told CK that he will respect her and go whereever she decides to go..

Found it really touching when CK asks him continuously.. "You said you would be there for me!! But, I couldn't find you..!!" and she cries.. Yo, - aims - I want that screenshot.. heheh... thanks!

kelly's voice is much better than bowie. thumbs up for kelly.

i find it draggy at 1st too coz i'm curious about what will happen next. however, with those flashbacks, i tend to recall those previous episodes. guess that's how ppl remember the whole series of DJG and that's what DJG producer wants it to be, rite...

i did miss the 1st episode, so didnt know much how myeong yee being accused, etc. may i have a glimpse of that screenshot? hehe. thanks

basically the whole series is great. so any screenshots would be superb.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Yeah.. its draggy.. but I didn't really find it like that because I missed the first few episodes .. So, the series wasn't really draggy for me...

I adore Sir Min here... its really funny when he thought Kam Ying was Cheung Kam and he was smiling happily.... but quickly changed his expression when he saw Kam Ying.. Lolz... cracked me up a little.. and I loved the part when he told CK that he will respect her and go whereever she decides to go..

Found it really touching when CK asks him continuously.. "You said you would be there for me!! But, I couldn't find you..!!" and she cries.. Yo, - aims - I want that screenshot.. heheh... thanks!
    Haha. I'm watching bits and pieces of the show and am now at the part where there's an epidemic due to veggie.

Totally agree with what you said. And yeah I think his appeal lies in the fact that he treats her as an equal, respects her for who she is besides being her source of strength and support. In that century and culture, he is a rarity. *swoon*

Default Korean waves

Korean government really need to thank this show a lot. after the screening of this show, it create waves all over Asia especially HK. Now, Korean tourism must be blooming like mad. Not only tourism. I guess every Korean thing. TV really does influence people. Aish....and i'm one of the influenced one but still not so serious yet.

If possible try to control....If not, we all will end up adoring Korea and the people there will be smiling seeing us worshipping their country. HAhaha.....
    "Of all the music that reached farthest into the earth, It is the beating of the loving heart"

noooo....
    i cant put pictures in!
    can someone teach me how to put pictures in my msgs?

arachidonic...i found that scene for you...but i cant post any pics!!!

noooo....
    i cant put pictures in!
    can someone teach me how to put pictures in my msgs?
    You need the image's URL. Click the Insert Image button on top and insert your pic's URL there. You can get the URL by clicking Properties(right-click on the pic). If you can't get its URL then:

1. go to http://www.tinypic.com
    2. click browse and the location of the image you want from your computer hard drive
    3. click host image
    4. copy all the text in the img field
    5. come to spcnet and paste the copied text in your post
    Credits to jay_z for posting this in the thread "Posting Pictures with the Thread "(Technical Issues forum) Thanks!

arachidonic...i found that scene for you...but i cant post any pics!!!
    Thanks for finding

Cool

hahaha...we should post every picture and sense we can get our hands on :P
    Day and Night ~~~Left and Right ~~~Ups and Downs ~~~Front and Back ~~~Good and Bad~~~

The Opposite of life

i finished the serial in 1 week! it is simply great.

CK is a very good actress. This is the 1st time I hv seen her act in serial, she is indeed a veteran actress.

Sir Min is also very convincing. All the ladies, lady Han, lady choi.... even the comical lady who eventually become the highest lady are good at their roles. The only 1 i dun like is Kam Ying. She has this bittergourd look, always so sad faced. haha.

I dont find it draggy at all. if the pace is faster, it will be too much like hong kong serial. but it is not as slow as typical korean dramas which bore me to sleep! I was bored by that winter sonata n all in.

great dramas. everyone has the chance to develop the character. i think the scriptwriter is very good. n the dialogue is also very nice. now n then they will hv very good lines.

i miss the small ck. she is soooo cute n so smart.

many nice scenes:
    -how small ck went thru so much difficulty jus to be selected to be a palace maid
    -how sir min did so much for her. he is a gentleman, i'm glad they nvr show them kiss! haha. he is like those learned gentleman, shy shy type.
    -the dying scene of lady choi is so sad. she never wanted to become a bad person.

i think the comic reliefs provided by the foster parents n the funny lady n her assistant re needed. they help to lighten the mood, as sometimes too sad.

i miss the show!

Cool

haha...if you miss the show...find some time to re-watch it...those funny moments did help to lighten the mood alot...or alot more people will cry watch this series :P

The Opposite of life