Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

its funny.. ive read through this forum.. and all of you seem obseesed with leeyoungae and ji jin hee.. haha.. not me... im more in love with Han Ji Min.. she plays as GJ best nurse friend.. shon fei / shin bi.. or however ur meant to write it. shes really is qquite pretty and cute.. shes my favourite actress in the series..

btw.. the summaries are really good.. haha.. ive watched djg a few times through but havnt picked up some of the stuff written..
    Last edited by TheHay; 10-08-05 at 04:11 AM.

The Dowager Empress:

Sir Min's faction attempts to get the King to rescind 10% of land bestowed to officials who pioneered the present era, in order to make up for the shortfall in weapons. Lord O is livid as he owns the most land.

The Queen wants to thank JG and asks that JG be brought along to attend to her in the future, much to YY's displeasure.

Lady Choi tells the Dowager Empress that the move to rescind bestowed land is an act of aggression against her kinsmen, due to the concurrent reinstatement of the officials previously under Cho, that the banished Imperial Physican Lee was punished in order to shake her power core even though it was for violating the rules in sending medical officers out as prostitutes. The Dowager Empress mistakenly deduces that Lee was stripped of his post so that Shin, a less competent physician (by virtue of his previous malpractice) may attend to her. She refuses to receive treatment for her chronic illness even though she's nearing multiorgan system failure. The King is extremely concerned about his mother's health, and postpones the decision to rescind the land/reinstate the officials, much to the disappointment of Sir Min's superior. There is jubilation in Lord O's camp. Shin is also stripped of his post, though insisting on treating her even after being banished.

JG learns of the political implications of the matter through Sir Min. She is also concerned for the Dowager Empress's health as well as the future of Shin. She speaks up to the Dowager Empress and asks her not to challenge the King with her health as the stakes. She says to stake it against her instead, giving her a riddle which she has to solve within a day. If JG wins, the Dowager Empress will receive appropriate treatment. If the Dowager Empress manages to answer it, JG will pay with her life. The DE is somewhat touched that JG is willing to give up her life, and asks if she sees her life as being of little consequence. JG replies to the contrary, saying her life is as precious as anyone's, but the same applies to her mentor Shin and she is willing to take the chance to redeem her mentor's honor. The DE agrees to the terms, wanting to punish JG severely when it's over. JG is confident that the DE will receive treatment. The Queen listens to JG from outside and is impressed by her courage. Lady Choi and KY find the answer. The DE accepts treatment instead of giving JG the answer. The answer to the riddle is "Mother". The DE realizes how much pain and sorrow the King will suffer with her demise, how she should be a dependable source of the support for the King and realizes that she has been too selfish in using her own health to exert political control over the monarchy. The Queen takes notice of JG once again.

YS catches the King's attention again as she waits to talk to JG outside of the DE's abode.

Treatment commences, but the DE is unable to tolerate oral concoctions. Shin asks JG to make up some pills, which the DE tolerates well. YY finds out that the pills' main constituent is garlic, which the DE cannot abide by and report this to the Queen, who almost punishes JG. The Queen later realizes that the pills are effective in stabilizing her stomach, allowing her to take oral concoctions, and takes back her order.

Nerfetari will take over the summaries from now on. She wouldn't stop watching it while I was taking a nap, so she'll have to carry on since I don't like my work interrupted.

I don't like writing reviews and I certainly don't have the patience for it. Below's what I wrote While You Were Sleeping:

Empress Dowager’s Illness
    CG makes the remedy from red beans, garlic and rice barn, food that the Dowager usually dislikes eating. AL followed CG to the kitchen, and found out the truth. She told Physician Pu and is overheard by the Empress. The Dowager was surprised the pill did not smell of garlic and praised both CG and Physician Shin for their dedication. AL is jealous.

CG demurely stood in front of Physician Shin, silently asking for praise. Chief Eunuch enters to inform them they’d be rewarded tomorrow and recognizes CG. He’s upset that CG is relegated to a physician officer and says he still can’t forget Lady Zheng and Lady Han. CG asks the Eunuch to help LS back into favour with the Emperor.

Lady Choi and gang brainstormed to get the emperor into retracting his order. AL seeks out KY herself and collaborates with her to bring CG down.

Lady Min teaches LS the art of seduction and ways to be coy with men. The emperor later patronizes LS. LS tried utilizing what she had learnt, but was too scared ‘to be normal’. The emperor said LS is cute and beds her that night. LS is back into favour.

Sir Min wanted CG to be more careful and cautious. Both were concerned for each other. CG said what he does is more dangerous than her and wants him to be careful too.

The Empress asks CG why she’d risked her life to save Physician Shin. CG said it was Physician Shin who guided her during her training and helped her become a medical officer. The Empress found CG familiar and recognized her as the maid from the Imperial Kitchen. She offered to help CG recover her good name from the sulfur duck episode. The Empress said she too was full of doubt, as she knew Lady Han wouldn’t do such a thing and back then Vizier Woo was trying all ways to get rid of Sir Cho. The Empress requests CG to make her the Sweet Roll for supper, without informing KY. She praised CG’s skill even though CG hadn’t made the Roll for years. KY is silently angered. Before that, KY reprimanded CG for misusing the Imperial Kitchen since she’s not a maid there anymore and just a lowly medical officer. CG makes the dessert in LS’s kitchen.

CG’s foster mother is upset that CG had not returned home for days. Sir Min stood outside CG’s home, silently hoping that CG doesn’t dream that night, for dreaming would be miserable for her.

Lady Min and all rejoices over LS’s good news. The maids are respectful to her again, bringing fruits for her visitors.

P.S. The language is deliberately left as grammatically heterogenous for the sake of realism.

As I said, I do not like interruptions to my work, so I will not continue with the reviews until I have time to rewatch the entire series. Sorry folks, but this will be all for the time being.

One more thing - the King's mother should be Queen Dowager, not Dowager Empress as she was never truly the monarch.
    Last edited by Aphraeleiss; 10-09-05 at 02:39 AM.

So, has anyone's yearlies or examinations passed? THe discussion seemed to have died down lately.

I like the empress even though she instigated CG to terminate the crown prince. The royalties strike me as very fair rulers even though the emperor's weak at times. But he's got a kind heart.

I like Lady Min and CG's foster parents most of all in the supporting cast.

I don't know what the HK press is on about. They come up with the most ridiculous stories sometimes.
    now im curious what they wrote~
    any site i could refer to?
    i heard some even followed her back to korea???

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    So, has anyone's yearlies or examinations passed? THe discussion seemed to have died down lately.

I like the empress even though she instigated CG to terminate the crown prince. The royalties strike me as very fair rulers even though the emperor's weak at times. But he's got a kind heart.

I like Lady Min and CG's foster parents most of all in the supporting cast.
    Yup!! Examinations are gone today!!! Yippeeeeee! Though I still post normally in the forums.. .. but just couldn't post as much :/... scared of being distracted here actually.. >_>

Btw.. I'll see if I can post some things from the DVD.. screenshots etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    Well, for a 30 page thread there are bound to be spoilers. They can skip over it if they don't want to read it.
    yo... no offence, k...

I'm not offended, just stating facts. Lighten up.

Aphraeleiss, i agreed with u n i'm glad there's no hard feelings there.

anyway, great djg fans, as u all know yeasia had this k-drama voting contest, djg actually lostto full house by 3 votes (if not mistaken). how sad... how could tat happened...

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Yup!! Examinations are gone today!!! Yippeeeeee! Though I still post normally in the forums.. .. but just couldn't post as much :/... scared of being distracted here actually.. >_>

Btw.. I'll see if I can post some things from the DVD.. screenshots etc..
    Congrats!! Now you can do all your favourite things. I'm nearly finishing my rerun of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by kacheek
    Aphraeleiss, i agreed with u n i'm glad there's no hard feelings there.

anyway, great djg fans, as u all know yeasia had this k-drama voting contest, djg actually lostto full house by 3 votes (if not mistaken). how sad... how could tat happened...
    full house has better looking main characters =)
    Watching: White Robe of Love - Ady and Dylan Forever
    Tokyo Juliet (currently addicted) Wu Zun is hot

no!
    WE LOST!
    *wails*

(go healing hands I II III ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari
    Congrats!! Now you can do all your favourite things. I'm nearly finishing my rerun of the show.
    Thanks!!

We.... lost?!?!?!
    **goes crying in a corner..**
    I was too crazy.. asked my bro and sis to contribute their emails.. but..
    **cries**

Ehehehe.. j/k.. anyways.. its really a pity.. I think Full House won the competition because there's Rain inside ^^ Well.. I don't really mind it though.. I heard Full House was a kinda good series too..

yes. we lost.
    i heard bout full house too. everyone has their own preference. but i like djg more n its my 1st korean drama that i watched. i cant wait to get d complete set as my collection. wanna rewatch djg....

arachidonic, i took my family members' email add for tat voting too

Default DLG 4ever

wah.... i keep create new e-mail but DJG lose too... haih... BUT! DJG still my favourite drama....

Bad news to hear about it......*SAD* .....*CRY* how could that happen......
    no matter how, its my k-drama, my favourite, my NO. one....NOW n FOREVER
    thank you everyone for contributing your votes...

Quote Originally Posted by kacheek
    yes. we lost.
    i heard bout full house too. everyone has their own preference. but i like djg more n its my 1st korean drama that i watched. i cant wait to get d complete set as my collection. wanna rewatch djg....
    Hope that u will get the whole set soon so that u can rewatch it whenever it possible, whatever u want, wherever u are oh guys.....we're nuts!!!!

I caught one episode of Full House, but it didn't strike me as really good or romantic. I feel Hotelier's better than Full House.

I still like JITP better. It's got everything.