Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

i think that throughout the whole series the best parts were the episodes 20 onwards although i didn't really like the ending firstly because it was a bit too cliche and "weird" and secondly i felt that the passion and love minzhenghao and changjin had for each other when they were lovers was lost the moment they got married... i guess once u are married there is not much passion needed...

i especially loved the building up of the emotions between changjin and minzhenghao, they didn't just plunged straight into love at first sight but made it more realistic by showing how they admired one another and eventually realising their love for each other... however, i can't really pinpoint when they started liking each other.. but i think that mjh expressed his love first when he realised cj was the one who saved him when she was sent to jeju.. i think that was his turning point... however for cj, she liked him from when she was a palace maid but didn't really show it and kinda buried her emotions until in jeju where mjh expressed his love for her by holding her hands etc. so i guess they began their relationship...
    besides, when she was a palace maid she could not like mjh as it would be like having an affair cos a palace maid was considered to be the king's women... but as soon she was a medical lady, she was able to marry mjh.. however as usual due to circumstances they could not do so....

if you watched the series again, u will find that mjh was quite cool and aloof especially when they first met in the library... he seemed quite mean at that point.. then he did it again to tease cj when she was at the city's infirmary... he just wanted cj to express that she wanted him there for her... i think that was weird... well, at least they were two great lovers.. overcoming all obstacles...

i think that throughout the whole series the best parts were the episodes 20 onwards although i didn't really like the ending firstly because it was a bit too cliche and "weird" and secondly i felt that the passion and love minzhenghao and changjin had for each other when they were lovers was lost the moment they got married... i guess once u are married there is not much passion needed...

i especially loved the building up of the emotions between changjin and minzhenghao, they didn't just plunged straight into love at first sight but made it more realistic by showing how they admired one another and eventually realising their love for each other... however, i can't really pinpoint when they started liking each other.. but i think that mjh expressed his love first when he realised cj was the one who saved him when she was sent to jeju.. i think that was his turning point... however for cj, she liked him from when she was a palace maid but didn't really show it and kinda buried her emotions until in jeju where mjh expressed his love for her by holding her hands etc. so i guess they began their relationship...
    besides, when she was a palace maid she could not like mjh as it would be like having an affair cos a palace maid was considered to be the king's women... but as soon she was a medical lady, she was able to marry mjh.. however as usual due to circumstances they could not do so....

if you watched the series again, u will find that mjh was quite cool and aloof especially when they first met in the library... he seemed quite mean at that point.. then he did it again to tease cj when she was at the city's infirmary... he just wanted cj to express that she wanted him there for her... i think that was weird... well, at least they were two great lovers.. overcoming all obstacles...

Quote Originally Posted by kacheek
    yeah... so which part do u like the most?
    im not yet finished watching it but i am now watching the part that jang geum can taste again the food that she cooks... Jang geum is so intelligent!

Default Difficult

Quote Originally Posted by tellywelly

It must be difficult for the film director to make her a super-duper woman ultra dedicated, sincere, loyal friend.... and at the same time to be deeply in love. She seemed to remember MJH as an afterthought- to run away etc. She made her decisions quite independently of him. As a mother, she whacked her kid for fear of leaving the child an orphan but she was willing to be handed over to the 'police' as long as she could save a pregnant woman's life (exiled village scene). Would'nt that leave her kid on her own? That's really confusing.

hey all, after watching jewel in the palace i fell in love with it almost immediately, all the great characters and plots was just to die for...but the one thing i enjoyed the most was the great choices of music for each endearing scene..i wish some one could enlighten on some of the song titles and which cds i should buy for the original soundtrack...
    thx..and merry x'mas

Default help me plz

Could you possibly upload these songs again?
    plz plz. from 1 to 17.
    thanks a lot

btw this is my first post, I'm a new freak to Korean dramas
    hope to be accepted by all of you.

for some reason, at first i didnt like the guy that chang jum fell in love with.....for some reason, i think he was pathetic....always agreeing with her and smiling that idotic smile (think i insulting some people here) lol

i feel for the king though.....poor poor poor guy who had to sacrifice himself at the end....him falling for chang jum seems more natual...because he liked her only at the end....the love story between chang jum and the other guy seems a bit fairy tale 'ish' and not realistic....

Quote Originally Posted by yinyee168
    for some reason, at first i didnt like the guy that chang jum fell in love with.....for some reason, i think he was pathetic....always agreeing with her and smiling that idotic smile (think i insulting some people here) lol

i feel for the king though.....poor poor poor guy who had to sacrifice himself at the end....him falling for chang jum seems more natual...because he liked her only at the end....the love story between chang jum and the other guy seems a bit fairy tale 'ish' and not realistic....
    well, the king fell in love with changjin because she did not treat him like a king but more of a normal person, so the king felt different towards her as she was always by his side and also caring for him, he felt something for her that he had not experienced for a long time... tt's why he did not realise he liked her until the queen mother brought the issue up...the king's love was more of a need for a person to give him care and concern without always bearing in mind that he is the king...and since changjin did exactly that..he fell in love with her... therefore.. i think it was kinda of an immediate need for love on his side..

in the case of minzhenghao and changjin..was more like starting out as good friends... but ending up caring a lot for one another and eventually falling in love/...although it is a little fairytale-ish.. the love wasn't love at first sight but more of a gradual thing.. and his love for her was more of admiration cum love...so these are very two different situations... depends on which type of love story u lprefer better///

Default Jewel

Hi there! Jewel in the palace is really great! but.... is it true that Lee Young Ae is already 34 yrs old!?? I cant believe it!

Default Name

Is'nt it rude to change somebody's name? Jang Geum is a Korean woman and then a Chinese calls her name Chang Jin, and a Japanese calls her something else too?. It's like a French woman whose name is Marie, then someone speaking English calls her Mary. No no she won't like it. Do Koreans have a different name for, say Chow Yun Fatt?

One guy was quite annoyed when I said kong hee fatt choy to him.. he said it's not Chinese...(hoity toity..)

to sweet jewel= Well lee young ae is true 34 years old, yah .. i surprised while i know n she still beautiful ...
    i agree with tellywelly ...
    i don't like the king .. , Min ju ho give all, even he's life to Jang geum/ chang jin .. How can the king get jang geum ... ??? what's he doing to jang geum ... just take a away together ..
    Well Min ju ho Know all about jang Geum, He help her, he believe her ... and many more i can't explain ..
    But i know, Not all agree with my opinion

Well jEWEL in the palace is the best korean drama i ever Watched
    i Fall in love with Jang geum she give me spirit .. when i watched

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter
    to sweet jewel= Well lee young ae is true 34 years old, yah .. i surprised while i know n she still beautiful ...
    i don't like the king .. , Min ju ho give all, even he's life to Jang geum/ chang jin .. How can the king get jang geum ... ??? what's he doing to jang geum ... just take a away together ..
    Well Min ju ho Know all about jang Geum, He help her, he believe her ... and many more i can't explain ..

yup....LYA is so beautiful, n do you know guys, womens above 30 seems more beautiful, more attractive than ever, n i think such charm of beauty not only physically, but mentally...

JG n MJH are perfect couple, i enjoy every minutes they were together...

yes...i fall in love with JG too, she live up my spirits, i admire her determination n courage in overcoming every worse n worse obstacles along her.
    remember the quate, "no one can ask me to give up, never..." yeeeeess.....
    Last edited by honey_girl; 12-31-05 at 01:59 AM.

hi, Shooter
    i like your avatar, it attracted me on my 1st sight....
    ermm..give me "blue blue sky" feeling, very comfortable to saw it...
    heeey, where you get it? Any other options to get such avatar? Anybody knows? thanks in advance!

does anyone have the song from the scene where jang geum is playing with sir min at the sea? I've got the male version but the female version is softer but I can't seem to get it,
    please help me out here.

peace

To Honey girl= that's Ava from my Friend, he gave me ... i don't know too .. How To get it ..

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter

thnx! Geum young is already 37 yrs old, she is older than jang geum.... Lady han is so kind!!! she acts like the mother of jang geum.

i think it is rather weird that the actors and actresses are all so "old" and yet they are acting as teenagers, however, i think as this is very challenginh and plus they managed to capture the feeling very well.. its a plusplus/. LYA did a great job potraying the hardworking changjin and her supporting male lead.. JJH did a fabulous job on acting the handsome and gentlemanly minjungho.. it made the series much more exciting and fun to watch.. i think it is a great series/// after i got addicted to it by my mom, i just couldn't stop watching.// i watched it like 3 times already... however i find watching it in the original korean language is much more exciting..although i had to read the subtitles...(but if u watch long enough u kinda will understand what they are saying even without reading the subs) well, daechanggeum is the best korean series ever..!!!!

Default Ages

There's a page (http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/drama-daejanggum.html) which has the ages of the characters in Jewel itP . It clears up some things-- the king lived until 60, DJG was from 8-49 so she was 41 when she was shanghaied.. MJH was 50 at the end?? how so? he was some years older than DJG... well I did say clears up some.

Any one knows where I could find out who the real DJG was?
    oh and belated Happy New Year every one..

Hello im a big Fan of Jewel In the Palace..
    I would like to ask.. Why did Lady Han died?

bEcause she sick (she got fever) ...and she is tortured at the jail