Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

Default Korean outfit

I think I like JitP because of it's 'Korean' characteristics..at least Korea of a few hundred years ago. They hardly held hands, it seemed logical. People were more particular about male/female contacts then. When I saw movies about olden days and they were kissing like those in Friends and sex in the City...Aiiiiyaa.. It just spoilt the whole thing. DJG really looked pretty in traditional clothes and hairstyle. I found her web page some months ago and there were pictures of her in modern clothes.... She looked quite ordinary.. pretty, but ordinary. Her hair was lanky and flat.... did'nt like it...

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

agreed....the one reason why i love this series so much is because of the realitiness (LOL, is that even a word?). i mean, the way it portrayed the relationship between man and woman during the ancient period is so realistic....women dont just tell the man she loves that she really loves him.and they dont hug and kiss everytime they meet....
    i especially like the way chang jin and officer min looks and each other...they dont say flowery words of love and faith, but both of them knows how the other feels...that is true beauty!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 02-01-06 at 11:30 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

i've only started watching it...cos i lost the dvd when i got in in Hk last year...I FOUND IT....you wouldnt believe how happy i was!!!! im only up to episode 10...thats 61 more to go....haha!!!! it looks really good, i cant help but think that it would be really sweet if jeung kam got together with her foster parents son.....haha i know its NEVER gna happen. that child actress for young jeung kam is so freaking great
    Yin
    AKA total utter camera *****
    I like Men in tuxes

Default About the Man Han Quan Xi (Man Han Banquet)

I have two question..

1) Now i'm in the episode 24. .

it's about a Ming Dynasty ambassador come to visit the emperor to discuss some political issue. . The evil Madam Choi have assign Madam Han and Jang Guem to serve the meal for the ambassador. . but Madam Han have offend the ambassador by serving a vegetarian meal because of the healthy reason . . The Ming ambassador want to punish Madam Han but Jang Guem ask him to give them 5 days to prove that the vegetarian food is good for his health.

And after the evil Madam Choi knowing about this .. she plan to held a Man Han Quan Xi for the Ming ambassador once the 5 days period end to claim all the credit for herslf.

My question is Man Han Quan Xi first held during Qing Dynasty which is after the Ming Dynasty Era. . which mean it is not exist yet!! Please correct me if i'm wrong.. above is some information i found in internet..

"Man Han Quan Xi (the Qing Han Imperial feast depicted in THE CHINESE FEAST) originated in the Qing (Manchurian) Dynasty. The first Man Han Quan Xi was held in 1661 for the 60th birthday of Emperor Kangxi. Several restaurants continue to serve the sumptuous feast. However, a few dishes can no longer be served because they require the slaughter of endangered species that are protected by the government."

2) Does anyone realize that the queen (emperor wife) look different from the queen we saw during the early episode . . or maybe it's just my another mistake.. ^_^"

Quote Originally Posted by ryanpcs
    I have two question..

1) Now i'm in the episode 24. .

My question is Man Han Quan Xi first held during Qing Dynasty which is after the Ming Dynasty Era. . which mean it is not exist yet!! Please correct me if i'm wrong.. above is some information i found in internet..

"Man Han Quan Xi (the Qing Han Imperial feast depicted in THE CHINESE FEAST) originated in the Qing (Manchurian) Dynasty. The first Man Han Quan Xi was held in 1661 for the 60th birthday of Emperor Kangxi. Several restaurants continue to serve the sumptuous feast. However, a few dishes can no longer be served because they require the slaughter of endangered species that are protected by the government."

2) Does anyone realize that the queen (emperor wife) look different from the queen we saw during the early episode . . or maybe it's just my another mistake.. ^_^"

1) Yes, it was a goof. But probabaly they were Korean so they didn't know they were referring to a Qing banquet. BTW, did you hear of the illegal secret restaurants that did get the endangered animals (tortoises, bear paw, some rare fish, etc...) and served up the feast? the charged like $200,000 per head. But no one was arrested. I think it was either in Guangzhou or in Beijing.

2) Well, maybe you haven't picked up, but the Emperor is now onto his third Empress. The first one came out when he was being crowned, the second one when the prince was sick, and the third one carries on for the rest of the series.

He talks about them in the end and what happened to them and how he feels.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Hello everyone! stumbled on this forum and decided to join in on DJG conversation

I'm from the philippines and i must say im tottally addicted to JITP, if not obssessed. I bought the dvd boxset which has 70 episodes and i watch it everytime i have time, and i also watch it on GMA network every weekdays and also on Hunan Tv channel that's dubbed in chinese. I know its kinda crazy but i cant help it! Now all i watch is JITP and i dont appreciate the show's i used to love so much, and even the other korean dramas that airs here, i dont watch em anymore coz all i love to see is JITP, i even bought a soundtrack and i always listen to it. There's something about the show that keeps me hooked and i think everything about it is perfect.
    and also i love the show because its not too "wordly" or in other words there were no kissing/sex scenes whilst most of the show/movies nowadays depicts sex but JITP is different, there were no love scenes on the show but then you can really feel the love and sincerity of sir min and jang geum and how they show each other thier love by actions and although they dont speak of thier love boldly, they knew that they have feelings for each other by always being on each other's sides and helping each other whatever may come. i also love the whole cast, i thnk theyre all talented actresses, like yang mi kyung, and kyun miri. i think they made the show very interesting to watch too.
    also what i love most is jang geum and sir min's love story. i just think theyre such a perfect couple. i wonder if there's a guy like min jung ho nowadays. lol. but tell me am i still normal?? ^^,

so my fave moments in DJG would be:
    *the part where jang geum and sir min plays on the beach. jang geum's facial reaction when she saw him standing over that rock was priceless. she has those cute big adorable eyes and she's just so pretty!
    *when sir min let jang geum borrow a book and then giving her a poem. (he's just so sweet!)
    *when jang geum asks for sir min's help when her mother's letter was lost and sir min said to her that she did the right thing by going to him and asks her to share her burdens with him fron now on and jang geum just stares at him speechless. (im amused when she does that)
    *at jeju island, they held hands for the first time but then she pulled away blushing! that time her expression is also priceless, her eyes looked down and almost avoiding his, she wasa so cute that time!

and i wanna write more but then i think its getting too long
    Last edited by min-geum; 01-31-06 at 08:29 AM.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

but then, how can anyone forget the memorable first hug between the two?? thats at 55th ep right? right after the fire incident when Min went galloping to jang geum's rescue...the first embrace happen at almost three quarter of the story.....you dont get that in korean series,you know...
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Default Real Dae Jang Geum

Does anyone know about the real DJG? I don't think they made a mistake in naming the Chinese banquet. Some director or producer of that show said that they took may liberties with the story. If you noticed the head gear of Yong Seng's was as big as the King's mother's. Is that OK? Should'nt it be smaller?
    I don't think there's a man in this world who would stick by his woman the MJH way... Sorry boyz, just been realistic.

Default Man Han Quan Xi part two

"I don't think they made a mistake in naming the Chinese banquet. Some director or producer of that show said that they took may liberties with the story. "

i might agree with you .. I think in original korean version they didn't really mean it as a "Man Han Quan Xi" . . maybe they say something else .. it's just a mistake in madarin and cantonese version . .

does anyone in here know Korean? i'm just curious what are they saying about this banquet ..

i watched this drama last year in cantonese version...

its quite nice and i like the character of jang geum and the young jang geum...she is so cute!!!
    in love with:

[hyun bin][kim sun ah][rain][ron ng][tavia yeung]

Is that true that Yeon-Sang get pregnant and that's the King's fault?

Why did Lady Choi died?

Quote Originally Posted by Lezienna
    Is that true that Yeon-Sang get pregnant and that's the King's fault?

Why did Lady Choi died?

the king is no fault for that, i mean, isn't that suppose to be of no wrong. LOL~ o.O

+Ayumi Hamasaki
    + Jewel In The Palace aka Daejanggeum
    +(Esp Lee Young Ae and Ji Jin Hee ...the greatest couple in korean drama!!!)

Huh? O well i'll better wait for the next episodes ^_^

Last question:

Why did Lady Choi died?

lady choi was suppose to die after commiting a error. then she escaped....
    but she end up falling down a cliff. quite sad though. cuz she is like, think of all her childhood memories when she was at the cliff.....

+Ayumi Hamasaki
    + Jewel In The Palace aka Daejanggeum
    +(Esp Lee Young Ae and Ji Jin Hee ...the greatest couple in korean drama!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lezienna
    Huh? O well i'll better wait for the next episodes ^_^

Last question:

Why did Lady Choi died?
    she fell from the mountain...actually she deserved it....she is so vain!!!!!
    in love with:

[hyun bin][kim sun ah][rain][ron ng][tavia yeung]

hello there! im back!
    JEWEL IN THE PALACE is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome back sweet jewel !

actually lady choi committed suicide, she was holding on to a tree branch when she thought of her childhood best friends, lady Han and jang keum's mother, and must have felt guilty about what she had done to them. she let go of the hold and fell to her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Apple
    welcome back sweet jewel !

actually lady choi committed suicide, she was holding on to a tree branch when she thought of her childhood best friends, lady Han and jang keum's mother, and must have felt guilty about what she had done to them. she let go of the hold and fell to her death.

thanks 4 the welcome!
    you mean lady choi was not punished bcoz she committed suicide? or her penalty was not death so she decided to commit suicide?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    but then, how can anyone forget the memorable first hug between the two?? thats at 55th ep right? right after the fire incident when Min went galloping to jang geum's rescue...the first embrace happen at almost three quarter of the story.....you dont get that in korean series,you know...
    yep, i love that part! i was crying when sir min found jang geum alone and she was down and felt very lonely but then sir min asked her to hang on for him. i felt so sad for jang geum at that time, coz she felt really abandoned, its good that sir min was always there for her and never leaves her, and when they hugged after sir min rescued her, i was crying too but i felt happy and glad. LOL! it was thier first hug!!!

hello there... now i know how jang geum became a nurse.