Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

Cool

Is Astro a hongkong channel?? cause i saw the series half way on the hongkong channel and had to travel...so i bought the whole set when i was back

the scene between chiong kum and chung ho is definately worth watching...they look so cute together...

Quote Originally Posted by Arching_Hero
    I guess you're watching Jewel In The Palace from Astro Wah Lai Toi rite??
    Yup... Heh.. now I know she actually helped..

can someone post more info or some background of both the male and female leading cast?
    thanks....

This is a report on Dae Jang Geum by a Singapore newspaper today

p/s: Singaporeans who have SCV cable, Dae Jang Geum would b showing on Channel 55 from Mon to Fri at 7pm sharp.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3143/file00378xn.th.jpg')

Sparkling Personality

The potent spice - and - vice mix of the korean drama hit , Jewel in The Palace,
    makes such compelling viewing it leaves viewers hungry for more. The series, a moving, inspiring Korean period drama based on an actual historical figure, is about a determined woman, named Suh Jang Geum (played by: Lee Young Ae)

Residing some time between the late 1400s and early 1500s during the Chosun Dynasty, she went through enormous struggles and personal tragedies to go from royal cook to becoming ancient Korea’s first imperial female physician. Starhub TV will air the 70 – episode series from Friday (8th July) onwards.

A good part of the drama takes part in the royal kitchen, with scenes of elaborate food being prepared. Let me tell you, it’s not just captivating, it is mouth watering. Last year, it was Taiwan’s most watched TV series. In Hong Kong, nearly half of the population about 3.2 million viewers tuned in for its final episode. It was so popular that Jackie Chan refused to see it out of patriotic reasons. There is even a restaurant here in Singapore whereby it offers a Korean imperial set menu inspired by the series

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5295/file00335cf.th.jpg')

THE POT THICKENS

The series though is not common.

It is lush, colorful, informative, well acted and patient yet engaging with very good, intelligent and creative episodic stories, high production values, authentic locations. It is so attentive to detail, culture and tradition that you would feel as if you were watching a very complete historical novel unfolding. I have never seen food, herbs, sauces, vegetables, fruits, and flowers, even wood and different types of water – hot, cold, and plain and spring etc explained in such vividness. The wonderful thing here is they are the ingredients stirring up not just the pot but the many little sub- plots as well. Food in this series is literally a weapon that goes directly to the gut. The show depicts the power play of concocting flavors to gain flavors and inserting poison to further wicked agendas.

The main plot is this – Jang Geum is the kind and hardworking heroine on the side of good. Righting injustice inflicted upon her dead parents, royal former servants, by the evil manipulators in the palace, she faces sadness, hardship, conspiracy, trials and tribulations with allies on her side – her mentor Lady Han is superbly played by Yang Mi Kyeong and own her own prodigious talent. Blessed with an instinctive, investigative genius for food, she is the Mozart to the Salieris around her in the *****fest, especially the scheming Lady Choi ( the shifty Gyeon Mi Ri), aunt of Jang Geum’s hapless rival Keum Young (Hong Ri Na ). Now the key to a good, addictive soap opera is the way its snake of a story twists and turns. From its spice – and vice mix of untold scandals, hidden passions, secrets and lies (there is reportedly only one writer penning the machinations), this series makes even an episode based on a bad sauce seem intriguing.

The second key is its cast. I am constantly amazed at where South korea find its actors. Experts at the conniving glance, darting eye, evil stare, goofy gaze and suppressed emotion, the cast is quite perfect with some of the palace girls looking positively hot. The likeable Lee Young Ae (previously from the movie) Joint Security Area) will not appear as Jang Geum until episode 7. Instead a young Jang Geum is played by a precocious little actress named Cho Jeong Un. The emotional roller coaster she rides amid the unfairness she faces will melt you like butter. The scene where her mother dies reaches a high raw emotion.

Other Relevant articles

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1048/file00353xc.th.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7864/file00368da.th.jpg')

*Click on thumbnail for bigger size*

- Credit to The Straits Times - ..

Hope u guys enjoy it ..

Cool

Thanks honey bear ... this information is so interesting... where did you get all this infor from?? the straits time??i wonder if channel 8 or channel U will be showing it to those without scv

Quote Originally Posted by ku4n_seng
    Thanks honey bear ... this information is so interesting... where did you get all this infor from?? the straits time??i wonder if channel 8 or channel U will be showing it to those without scv
    U r welcUm ..!
    If u r a Singaporean, den u will noe The Straits Times is a local newsopaper ...
    Hmm, dunn think so ba !
    ACtualli depends lohs , if e one on SCV receive good responses, den mebbe Channel U wld buy e drama .. bt it wldn b so fasst .!

Cool

i am a singaporean...but i have not been back to singapore for like 1year already... so i am not very sure about news in singapore...do you have any screen shot of this series that you can post?? this thread look so empty...

<spoilers>

I just watched the part when Cheng Sheung Kong died.. .. .. .. Its so sad.. I cried when I watch the scene when Lin Sang cried.. Now I really hate the 2 bad ones(the women)... How could they be so..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    <spoilers>

I just watched the part when Cheng Sheung Kong died.. .. .. .. Its so sad.. I cried when I watch the scene when Lin Sang cried.. Now I really hate the 2 bad ones(the women)... How could they be so..
    i totally agree with you...that scene are really sad...the directors so good at putting the right cast for the role...the 2 women from the cui family really get your blood boiling...and some of the scene from the series is so sad in makes you cry...

Lightbulb SONG LINK?

any one know any song links for this series? especially the main theme song? please help me!!!
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

Four threads below this one is an existing thread on the same series.

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11115
    玉木宏

blog

i totally agree with you...that scene are really sad...the directors so good at putting the right cast for the role...the 2 women from the cui family really get your blood boiling...and some of the scene from the series is so sad in makes you cry...
    same here i also cry when i watched that part. actually i cry a lot in the series. lol i have finish it last 3 week and i'm watching it again. i'm kinda crazy
    Favourite---Idol: Lee Young Ae, Myolie Wu
    Favourite---Series: Jewel In the Palace, War In-Law, The Dance of Passion

Visit The Dance of Passion Blogger

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Happii
    same here i also cry when i watched that part. actually i cry a lot in the series. lol i have finish it last 3 week and i'm watching it again. i'm kinda crazy

I watched it twice already...hehe...anyone has any screen shot!!! i love to see this thread fill up with pics.

I watched it twice already...hehe...anyone has any screen shot!!! i love to see this thread fill up with pics.
    i have lots of capture of the series. i can upload it for u.

Heh.. If I got the series.. I'll watch it again and again; especially the touching parts I'm crazy too

Cool

i have lots of capture of the series. i can upload it for u.

Sure..upload as many as you can ..that would be the best

*Spoiler-ish*

omg, i am watching up to the part where jang geum and han sheung kong is sent away after the duck incident and then hang sheung kong passed away! that's really shocking... and i'm wondering... what's gonna happen next?

-- very good series. at first, i didn't think i was going to watch it because i hate suffering series but even though this one belongs in that category, it's really good and it angers you sometimes =/ so far, i'm enjoying it.
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

same here....i didn't intended to watch when it was shown the very first time on tv. it was dubbed in mandarin, it's one of the reason why i didnt watch and i just thought it just another korean sad love story....i don't understand why parents watch it every night, even my dad watch it.

then, astro currently showing the cantonese version..i watched this because it's cantonese, i wanna know what's so special about this series that my parents attracted to it so much. i watch a few eps and now i'm watching it every weekends...and i can't believe that i actually rented the whole mandarin version cuz i can't wait to finish the whole series.

for me, the part where little cheung gam's mom passed away was the saddest....anyway i did enjoyed watching this series although its sad.

Hmm... think Jewel in the Palace could get an award as the most touching series; if there's one?

Pictures!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1548/p4477ew.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/8068/67pz.png')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/6325/p4455cq.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/8810/47wz.png')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/7716/p4373nq.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/3548/p4384sf.jpg')