Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

It's getting cuter and cuter. Just got to the part where JG was sent to Cheju island ... the scene where she keeps her head lowered cos some subordinate official came and berated her for talking to Sir Min at the same level - Sir Min telling her it's ok when they're alone and she goes on acting coy and mumbling that she can't cos' she's a lowly servant. He goes on to say that "But my heart will ache" blah blah, then he tells her about the sulfur and she just perks up. How funny is that?

Also the scene where Sir Min gets all the soldiers to line up for JG to practice recording face color, then tricks her into looking at his in private. His face is slightly red, he claims to have a fever, holds JG's hands and she runs off. They're just so cute together.

awwwww that is such a cute part!!! xD
    yeh i agree, its sooo funny wen she keeps her head down and then he tells her about something and her head goes up immediately and she forgets all about being a servant xD its sooooooooooo cute!!! and its so sweet how MJH tells her his heart will break...
    sulfer? i didnt get that part =P but i did see him hand her a package...
    aw ur so lucky that you still have new episodes to watch! you're getting to the better parts...ur going to see alot more romance between them soon ^^
    btw, does anyone have an opinion on when exactly you think they fell in love? or do u think it was just a gradual thing? xD

For him, I think he was already in love with her when she saved him, even though he didn't know who she was. He was kind of a stranger at first when they met in the library, but grew to admire her more and more for her courage, eagerness to learn and self-sacrifice. I think she was already in love with him when they met under their uncle's house to discuss Lady Han's troubles, and he asked if he could share in her troubles and pain. For her it's less clear-cut, so I'd say it's more or less a gradual thing. If I had to pick one, it's when he wrote her that poem after she lost her sense of taste.

That package was the sulfur. It's so cute when he hands her the package and then says he knows her well enough to know that she wanted to experiment with keeping sulfur ducks. When he first arrived in Cheju and saved her from the soldiers before she decided not to escape anymore, there was a courtyard scene where he was telling her that he left his post without permission and she was a bit baffled, then he got embarrassed because he didn't expect to reveal his feelings that much. I don't think she consciously knows she's in love with him yet.

I think way too much about the show.
    Last edited by Aphraeleiss; 09-28-05 at 12:54 AM.

xD
    i think wayyy too much about the show too! but you hav more reason to, since you havnt finished it yet...
    haha, the courtyard scene was cute...wen he accidentally tells her he left his postion, and she questions him, he quickly changes the subject ^^
    hes so sweet...
    hmm...i think they offically ''fall in love'' after he saves her from the fire...well...anyway, that was where they shared their first hug =P

Quote Originally Posted by ~*aims*~
    xD
    i think wayyy too much about the show too! but you hav more reason to, since you havnt finished it yet...
    haha, the courtyard scene was cute...wen he accidentally tells her he left his postion, and she questions him, he quickly changes the subject ^^
    hes so sweet...
    hmm...i think they offically ''fall in love'' after he saves her from the fire...well...anyway, that was where they shared their first hug =P
    I really love that scene too, he was so brave.
    Favourite---Idol: Lee Young Ae, Myolie Wu
    Favourite---Series: Jewel In the Palace, War In-Law, The Dance of Passion

Visit The Dance of Passion Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by honey_girl
    I wanna to highlight one thing ppl seldom discuss of- the intimately friendship between JG n lian shen. When JG lost the taste sensation, LS blame JG to not telling her the truth. JG explained that “somewhere you’re being with me, I’ll encountering them with great courage.”

LS playing up kam ying when she serves her the meal. 1st round, 2nd round….on the 3rd round, LS deserved to stop keep on playing her, but “I’m sorry, this time I really felt to vomit…..” she’s cute, so hilarious

One day JG was kicked out from the palace becoming a maidservant due to a conspiracy. LS prayed everyday, not prayed for visiting of the king, but prayed for JG’s safe n sound. The first time they met after JG come back from Jeju island touches me.

The most touching part between them:
    JG saves LS from death after she born a princess. The moment LS back to consciousness, I was cried…….like I cried when JG’s mother die. Yup…I crying 2 times watching the whole series. The difference is: The 1st one, LS still alive, I cried as I’ m happy n touching, while the 2nd one, parents death, its sad n helpless.

JG saves LS maybe because she felt so sorry n regret for her, as for me, the most important point is that she don’t want to lost such a good goooood friend…. “don’t said sorry, without u, I’m no longer here any more….” Respect->>>>

I firmly believe the existence of such friendship n I really hope there’s a friend like LS around me. Yup….when there’s a dream, there’s a hope!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yup.. I do remember .. I was dripping tears when JG is so scared that LS would die and shouts to her and also regrets of her decision.. There's a great bond and friendship between them... Later, when LS is alright, she's crying... I'm crying..

However, its kinda funny to see the other 3 "yi lui" there gasping and not doing anything.. There's one who was holding her breathe and only letting it out after LS is alright..

yeah, that part was so touching...and then when JG goes back to the medical house place to recuperate, MJH goes to visit her and she tells him she has to refuse the king *sniff* and later shes like ''im sorry. i really am sorry''

remember when JG is still in training to get into the palace and be a nurse? and she gets two fails (''but tong'') and when she goes to see the bad teacher guy, he tells her he'll get rid of it if she goes to ''entertain'' rich royal ppl at some gathering? how could he say that?! poor JG!
    but she doesnt go...is that because she knows its not right or she thinks of MJH or what?
    poor MJH as well >< does he find out?

JG didn't go because it wasn't right. She's never taken any shortcuts, and it was demeaning to women no matter how commonplace it was at that time. Remember she was tearing when she thought about how the girls said it wasn't as if they hadn't done it before? Historically, she'd have been very lucky to have survived being a servant girl unsullied by soldiers or officials. I mean, she was very much in danger being as pretty as she was, and it was a long road from presumably Seoul to Cheju when she was banished even before Sir Min arrived to protect her.

thanx Aphraeleiss ^^
    hmm...so it was nothing to do with MJH? i thought it was kindof like giving up her dreams for him...*shrugz* but then again, in her thoughts at that time, she doesnt think of him =P
    yay! thank goodness MJH arrived to protect her...and that funny guy! official guy or whatever...hes so nice to JH ^^

ok, other question.
    i read somewhere that when JG became DJG and got the postion of king physician, she was a ''third rank official''. presumably MJH is lower? or is he higher?
    he wears red tho...haha.
    its nice at the end when their royal clothes are co-ordinated =P or maybe thats just me...

I haven't seen the part where she gets promoted - MJG was a 4th rank official in Cheju island. If he was wearing red robes and got to see the emperor, he would've been 3rd rank or above. I suspect he would've been promoted later so he's either the same rank or higher up than JG by that time. That's based on Chinese court rules though - only 3rd rank or higher can see the emperor. They have way too few officials in court for this show.

The nice guy from Cheju island had the same last name as her mother. Wonder if they're related. But it could be a common name.

*nods*
    yeh he wore red robes and he could see the emperor one on one...but isnt 3rd rank or above like ... really, really, really high?
    xD
    thats cool. they're both so high up...

where are you up to?

Just about Ep 45 or so. I was FUMING when the physician made the trainee nurses go entertain officials in the capacity of hookers. Good thing they addressed it later and put a complete ban to it. Soooooo insulting.

hehe from 45 onwards it gets sooooo much better!!!
    lucky you *sigh*
    poor JG!!! i cant get over how horrible that guy was! but i dont get why she doesnt refuse straight away...like, even when she returned to the place where the other students were, she had to think about whether to go or stay...
    *grr*
    yes. i agree. totally insulting.

(poor MJH again) *sniff* and he has to go thru it all again after what happens near the end...but i wont tell u unless u wanna know...or maybe u already know xD

guys!
    just thought i'd drop a line to tell u guys that Dae Jang Geum is behind Full House by less than 20 votes!
    so please! vote!
    http://global.yesasia.com/en/ThemeSt...ama/prize.aspx
    go jewel in the palace!!!

I don't think she ever thought about going. Just because she didn't reply doesn't mean she was tempted. I believe in her integrity to much to think that of her. She was more surprised than anything so she just kept quiet.

*nods*
    hehe do u guys remember when JG's treatment of the king goes wrong (be4 he goes blind) and she and MJH hav to wait for ages kneeling?
    and JG apologises to MJH because its her fault and he trusted her, and then he tells her that its okay since shes with him?
    its so sweet... ^^
    they're such a perfect couple.
    i cant get over it ><

He always says the sweetest things. He can get demoted, exiled and punished, but he will say things like "Yes, you are the reason for all these, but it's ok exactly because it's for you."

Gonna see the fire scene tonight. It's so cool ...

u lucky thing!
    im sure you'll love it. they hug *wink wink nudge nudge* for the first time xD (but not the last ahaha)
    oh guys i found out about the social ranking system in Chosun Dynasty, Korea.
    ''sang goong'' can reach 5a or sumthing (there are 9 levels)...but women arnt supposed to get past five.
    in the end, DJG is 3 sumthing, and MJH is upper 3.
    xD
    very high up indeed ^^

I'm pretty sure I saw/heard him kissing her on the cheek when she was still lying on the ground but just regained consciousness. The hugging was a nice touch. I supposed JJH would be very embarrassed when the director's yelling for them to kiss and LYA refuses. Nothing personal, but still ...

i really admire djg's relationship with min, jg and ls's friendship, and jg and lady han.
    i wonder do such personality and characteristic really exist in this realistic world...