Page 1 of 49 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jewel In The Palace

Question Dae Jang Geum?

Does anybody know when this series will be available in US.. well in Vietnamese in particular? I saw part of in when I was in Vietnam couple of months ago. I know this is not a Viet forum, I'm not really a Korean series fan.. but this one is a must-watch! so if anybody have any info please post.

http://www.koreanwiz.org/at/drama-daejanggum.html

According to koreanwiz, it was aired in Hawaii in Dec.

This show is airing right now in the San Francisco Bay Area at 9pm on channel 26 KTSF.

It was also aired in Chicago and currenlty playing in Malaysia and Japan - that's only as far as I know. It was a success last year in Korea and was cheered as a big hit in Taiwan. (They replayed it 3-4 times I think).

Here's Chicago Fan Board that talks about DJG drama:
    http://deiner.proboards18.com/index....rd=daejanggeum.

People here are currently waiting for the DVD version subtitled in English and you can ask these folks about more information.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Default Jewel In The Palace

hey, does anyone enjoy this series as much as i do? not the typical romantic-all-love-story korean series, i reckon, and i love it so much!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

is it dae jang geum? I heard about it... but no one really talks about it in the forums... I tried finding a thread in soompi or d-addicts but I couldn't...

actually, go to soompi cuz I found like a 50+ thread about it there... the drama is 50 eps long and it's supposedly really good... but I didn't like Damo so I'm kinda skeptical about this one

Daejanggeum doesn't seem to receive the interest that I think it deserves.
    It's very different from Damo.
    I don't quite understand that you didn't like Damo, but even if you didn't, that's not a good reason to shake this one off of your mind.
    Try it. It is the #1 drama in Korea in 2003~2004 after all.
    Last edited by donilpark; 02-11-05 at 02:35 AM.

yep, you're right donilpark, i think it doesnt receive the interest that it deserved, especially here in malaysia.my friends were only obsessed about it after accidently coming into my room while i was watching on my computer. duh, i love it so much i immdeiately bought the dvd when i saw it..dang, it cost me $130 for ep 41 - 70....but man, it's worth every penny. i heard it's ranking no1 in korea some time back....it's so hard to find a website on Dae Jang Geum, a pity. i'd have to capture the images from my dvd then....o_O
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

hey thanks man...i really appreaciate it....if you find any other websites please do inform me.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

donilpark, the themepark is so great! the only site with english language..i really appreaciate it..thanks man....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

I really liked this series. JG's foster parents are hilarious! And everyone can cry! Even the men! The DJG special is also very good as well, it is very funny to aee the bloopers the actors and actresses made!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I just finished watching the series yesterday on DVD... and am suffering major DJG withdrawl at the moment... really disappointed it ended.
    No doubt about it, one of the best k-dramas yet! And my personal favourite too
    Anyone as obssessed with this show as I am? Coz I'm finding it hard to find any english websites... possibly coz I'm quite late in coming in I guess ^^"

I've being asking around but no one has answered yet... what is the DJG special? Is it the one where all the actors go on the talk show?

Yeah, the special is where all the actors and actresses get back together and talk about the productions, and the host shows classic moments and line in the show, and also bloopers, and funny things about the last week of production.

I was pretty obsessed with the show and I stayed up until 3am to watch it every night. I finshed it all in four days! I was also very sad when someone told me that DJG in real person was poisoned to death in real history or something, and she never got married. Can someone confirm pls?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

oh my god...I AM OBSESSED OG DJG!!!
    the moment i saw the dvd two weeks ago, i immediately decided that i'm gonna buy it.....even it costed me RM130!! i was so excited.....and at that time they were showing 56th episode of DJG on 8TV.it's even much more exciting when my coursemates also share the same obsession and would gather in my room to watch the story.....what i admire the most about this story is the unique love story. Jang Geum and Officer Min share a real amazing chemistry...i mean, they seldom hold hands or kiss or hug like other periodic love story people like to produce, heck, they never even say the magic word I LOVE YOU. but either of them would know how the other feels and that is so touching! i never thought Jang Geum would admit in front of the king that she was in love with Min. man, i underestimated their love. my favourite episode is EP63 and 64 and also EP68 when MIn fights with the King for Jang Geum. Even now I'm still rewatching the dvd....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

I actually thought the most suspenseful scene would be at the trial of the sulfur duck when Lady Choi and the minister are arguing about who wrote the doctor's last letter when suddenly, the door opens and the doctor comes in... then the episode ends.

I had suspected that his death was a bit fishy since they removed his clothes and covered his face up with two layers (straw mat and white cloth), but wow, that scene shocked me.
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    oh my god...I AM OBSESSED OG DJG!!!
    the moment i saw the dvd two weeks ago, i immediately decided that i'm gonna buy it.....even it costed me RM130!!
    What's RM? Sorry, I really don't understand. I got the set in HK for HK $450, but managed to bargain it down to $400 after buying more VCDs!

Anyway, the actress refused to kiss when the director wanted them to when Sir Min saved her from the fire and they were hugging. The director was saying "Kiss him! Go for it! Kiss him!" but she started blushing and saying that there was no need to, and the guy who played Sir Min got a bit embarassed as well because there were heaps off people watching behind the mound.
    Cyril Connolly

RM = Ringgit Malaysia
    its malaysian currency....

u mean, they actually had a kissing scene? thank god she refused to kiss or they wouldve turned this love story into a normal, typical one, one that i wouldnt be impressed about ......OH i love Lee for refusing!!! Go girl! that's the way it is!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -