Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Channel 8] You Are The One ( 二分之一缘分 )

Default [Channel 8] You Are The One ( 二分之一缘分 )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpgtXHxY.jpg')

Official site in - English / Chinese

You Are The One
    Every Mon-Fri, 9pm

Let the love stories of 3 vastly different sisters touch and tickle you this Valentine's Day! From Feb 14 at 9pm. Stars Jacelyn Tay, Christopher Lee, Nnadia Chan, Chew Chor Meng, Rui En, Terence Cao, Patricia Mok, Zhang Wenxiang, Liu Qianyi

Hao Shunli (Liu Qianyi) is the head chef at a traditional Chinese restaurant. Blessed with brilliant culinary skills, he is also a kind man at heart. After his wife passed away, he takes on the roles of both mom and dad to bring up his 3 daughters.

Eldest daughter Meiman (Nnadia Chen Songling) is a shrewd and capable lady who holds a high-profile position in an advertising company. Equipped with beauty and brains, she has never been afraid of being unable to find a good husband. She steadfastly insists on establishing her career before considering love and marriage.

Meili (Jacelyn Tay) is a producer in a TV station. A sensitive and loving person at heart, Meili is unfortunately rather boorish in mannerism and average in looks. She longs to start a family of her own but she remains single and unattached after 37 unsuccessful matchmaking sessions.

Her younger sister Meide (Rui En) has just finished her university education and is a very pretty babe. She considers herself belonging to the ‘new’ generation and has been spoilt by her dad and elder sisters since young. Meide’s outstanding beauty, and open-minded, new-age outlook makes her the target of countless amorous young men. Meide knows how to make full use of men’s attempts to win her over but the Gen Y lady believes that an independent woman should not rely on any man at all, and also the fact that marriage and love are different issues.

Meiman, who always overestimates herself, is often at loggerheads with her colleague Ray (Chew Chor Meng). Ray is biased against beautiful women because he feels they use their looks to have their way at work. On the other hand, the generous Meiman finds Ray too calculative and stingy. The two of them never imagined that they will end up together because of an autistic child named Xiaogang. This is the child of Ray’s good friend who passed away two years ago in a car accident. He left behind an aged father and Xiaogang. Ray promised his friend at the deathbed to be responsible for them.

Having lost his own parents at a young age himself, Ray takes extremely good care of Xiaogang, and it changes Meiman’s impression of him. At the same time, Ray observes from Meiman’s interaction with Xiaogang that she has a gentle and maternal side to her. Their common love for Xiaogang also contributes to their decision to spend their lives together.

After countless matchmaking session to find her true love, Meili finally meets her Prince Charming, a Korean entrepreneur An Zhengxi (Terence Cao). He lets her experience for the first time the joy of being pampered by a man. Just when she builds her hopes about Zhengxi, she finds out that Meide is also smitten with him. Knowing Zhengxi only treats herself as an ordinary friend, she backs off and wishes them well.

In her moment of loneliness, Meili discovers that Simon (Christopher Lee), a chef, is devastated after losing Meide to Zhengxi. Meili encourages Simon to leave his pain behind and focus on attaining new heights in his culinary skills. In his time spent with the kind-hearted Meili, they become best friends and gradually fall in love with each other. In an initial friendship without any expectations, a beautiful relationship is born.

Meide’s fairytale romance with Zhengxi is disrupted when the wilful girl clashes with Zhengxi’s traditional mother Jin Qin (Jin Yinji). The latter believes in women serving their husbands and insists that Meide must abide the same rules of tradition and virtue. Meide is unhappy with Jin Qin’s request for a traditional Korean marriage and boldly expresses her opinion. Jin Qin is displeased. Zhengxi is caught in the crossfire. For the sake of her son’s happiness, Jin Qin considers going back to Korea by herself to spend the rest of her life there alone.

Zhengxi is troubled and drained by all the trouble in his relationship with Meide. At the same time, he is unable to forget his deceased first love. How can this fairytale continue despite all these hurdles?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpsdjEpQ.jpg')

Ok, Jacelyn Tay's looks for this serial is kinda hilarious.

yeah!!!! finally this thread is up!!!!! haha... tml will starts liao.. the show!!!! chris very funny inside!!!!
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Can someone do episode synopses? I'm away for the first week it's being shown and I won't get to buy the TV guides! Looks very interesting.

I hope Rui En isn't being typecasted... this role seems pretty similar to that in Mighty In-laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphraeleiss
    Can someone do episode synopses? I'm away for the first week it's being shown and I won't get to buy the TV guides! Looks very interesting.
    synopses!!! i think need to buy either i-weekly or 8 days!!!! but u can see wat the story is about!!
    visit!!!
    http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/shows/drama/view/557/1/.html
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Is it my imagination, or did Rui En become slimmer? Wonder what happen to her singing career...

Anyway, I probably will be catching the show tonight if I have the time, hope it is not another disappointment like Zhong Wuyan. Well, at least its not a family oriented drama series...

This serial looks promising...like Rui En's pairing with Terence Cao.

i watched this series, and l think is queit interesting. Jacelyn Tay is very "waow" in this series since she looks like a skinny man *hahaha*
    overall i enjoyed the first series, and looking forward to seeing it again

thump up to this series!!! haha... very de funny!!!!! still cant forget chris broken chinese!!!!!

Watched 3 episodes already. Very funny.
    But the storyline is quite similar to the TVB series "The Family Man" shown on channel U.

I was thinking of Channel 5's Daddy's Girls..

The first time I saw Christoper Lee acting like a "banana" man! What's up with his Mandarin?! He says: "Mei you ni de shen yi" to Terrence Tsao when he literially translates it from: "None of your business"!!

Default English song

Does anyone know the name of the english song that's always played at the end of each episode of You Are The One? It doesn't seem to be listed in the ending credits.

Quote Originally Posted by skyribbons
    Does anyone know the name of the english song that's always played at the end of each episode of You Are The One? It doesn't seem to be listed in the ending credits.
    got listed.. i noe it was sang by Redwan Ali!!!! er.. tonite i help u look out for the title!!!!

me noe the title laio.. You Make Me feel Brand New.... sany by Redwan Ali.........nice song!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stArXjOey
    me noe the title laio.. You Make Me feel Brand New.... sany by Redwan Ali.........nice song!!!!
    Thanks, was it written by Redwan? I like the song, very breezy and catchy.

Quote Originally Posted by skyribbons
    Thanks, was it written by Redwan? I like the song, very breezy and catchy.
    i think so!!!! haha... not very sure!!!

does anyone realised that christopher's dubbing seems to be similar to mark lee's voice?

i thought i was hearing things but my mom says its mark lee's voice too.

chris voice wher got dubbed.... it's his own voice!!!