Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Yammie Lam (藍潔瑛)

  1. #61
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I actually googled her and found this info yesterday too but thanks for the link! Yea, I still come here to relieve stress and talk to people. Are you TP?? OMG, I am so happy to see you here. I thought that I would never hear from you again. I mainly watch mainland or Taiwanese series these days and not really TVB. My mom feels bad for Yammie too. She has such a bad life with no family support at all. I heard her parents both passed away years ago too, so she has no one to help or support her. Please feel free to PM me sometime. I would love to talk to you again..
    Actually, a male friend of hers has been supporting her financially since her illness. But, she treats him badly and just demands money from him to go gambling and stuff. There's news report that said the friend was very frustrated by her behavior. I don't know whether he's still supporting her or not. I'm not saying that Yammie is bad. It's just that she's has emotional/mental problem and unable to come out of it. Maybe her friends are unable to get her proper professional help. But, professional help is just part of it. She has to have the determination to come out of it.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uptowngal View Post
    Hi, don't think Yammie is married yet but there's some retired lawyer who's after her?

    Anyway, i vaguely remember many years ago, Yammi acted in a period drama serial with Damian Lau... the themesong of the show is called Qing Guan 情关 by Chen Shu hua... does anyone know what's the name of that serial? It's only just that i realised the beautiful actress in that serial should be Yammie.
    I think that series is called 'Mo4 Dai4 Er2 Nu3 Qing'. I loved that show and the theme song when I was little. It's a story about their experiences during the fall of the Qing Dynasty. I remembered Ci Xi and Li Lianying were quite a stand-out from the show.

    She and Damian made a great pair. I remember this scene where her shoe flew off her foot and the shoe fell into Damian's character's hand. She chased him all the way for him to return the shoe. They fell in love shortly after being 'enemies' for some time.

    I don't think fans has forgotten her. The public don't forget people like her and singers like Chen Shu Hua. It's just that we don't know where they are and who are helping them with their lives. They shouldn't be turning out in these sad states, when the world is progressing in affluence. No-one deserves to be that tragic.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Actually, a male friend of hers has been supporting her financially since her illness. But, she treats him badly and just demands money from him to go gambling and stuff. There's news report that said the friend was very frustrated by her behavior. I don't know whether he's still supporting her or not. I'm not saying that Yammie is bad. It's just that she's has emotional/mental problem and unable to come out of it. Maybe her friends are unable to get her proper professional help. But, professional help is just part of it. She has to have the determination to come out of it.
    Is it that same old lawyer dude?? If so, I heard that even though he helps her and all in front of the scenes, but behind the scenes he insults her and says that she is old and ugly. I don't think that he helps her anymore because if he did, she would not be on the streets begging for money like that. I know that she needs the determination to come out of all of this. But it looks like she is bored and sick of life, therefore, I question how she will live the rest of her life. I think she deserves a better life because she is not a bad person. It's just that her life is way too tragic. The article mentioned that she graduated from the same TVB class as Carina Lau and Margie Tsang, but she doesn't even have 1/10 of what they have now. She has no family, no career, no money and no home and sadly has serious mental and emotional problems... How worse can it get???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  4. #64
    Senior Member MysticDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Is it that same old lawyer dude?? If so, I heard that even though he helps her and all in front of the scenes, but behind the scenes he insults her and says that she is old and ugly. I don't think that he helps her anymore because if he did, she would not be on the streets begging for money like that. I know that she needs the determination to come out of all of this. But it looks like she is bored and sick of life, therefore, I question how she will live the rest of her life. I think she deserves a better life because she is not a bad person. It's just that her life is way too tragic. The article mentioned that she graduated from the same TVB class as Carina Lau and Margie Tsang, but she doesn't even have 1/10 of what they have now. She has no family, no career, no money and no home and sadly has serious mental and emotional problems... How worse can it get???
    I personally think there are a lot of people who are worse off, but because she once was a semi-famous actress, so she gets more coverage. Some people live in war-wreck homes, scared for their lives every day. Some people are full of ambition but never gets a chance to realize it due to their situation or lack of opportunity. She had had plenty of opportunities for betterment, but she let it slip her by. According to one article I read some time ago, she was offered either a commercial or show, but she thinks that she was too good for the price they offered (when in truth her star of fame had long since faded). I don't know for a fact if she's a good or bad person, and I do pity her, but I think there are plenty of people who have it worse.
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

  5. #65
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I personally think there are a lot of people who are worse off, but because she once was a semi-famous actress, so she gets more coverage. Some people live in war-wreck homes, scared for their lives every day. Some people are full of ambition but never gets a chance to realize it due to their situation or lack of opportunity. She had had plenty of opportunities for betterment, but she let it slip her by. According to one article I read some time ago, she was offered either a commercial or show, but she thinks that she was too good for the price they offered (when in truth her star of fame had long since faded). I don't know for a fact if she's a good or bad person, and I do pity her, but I think there are plenty of people who have it worse.
    THat is true, but I meant in terms of HK actresses, she does have it the worse. But I do agree that she had a lot of opportuniites before, however, she let them slip by... It is true that we don't know if she is a good or bad person, but she still has some good friends that care for her. Therefore, that shows that she is not a necessarily a bad person or else who would be friends with her right??

    There is always going to be someone who will have it worse than someone else....
    Last edited by Trinie; 04-18-09 at 02:58 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Certainly very pretty indeed. Top 4 prettiest TVB actresses from the 80s.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirehmy View Post
    Certainly very pretty indeed. Top 4 prettiest TVB actresses from the 80s.
    Yea, but what a big pity that she is now like a beggar.. very sad indeed.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  8. #68

    Default

    Oh I recognize her, but I never knew her name until now. I saw her in some serials when I was very little. She was in a series with Stephen Chow and the other 2 serials,Heir To The Throne and the one w. Roger Kwok, that you guys mentioned. I don't know anything about her, but she was a very ok actress! I enjoyed all her 3 serials that I just mentioned. I think I want to see the one w. Andy and Roger kwok again. Do you guys know the Vietnamese title for both serials?
    Last edited by UnforgottenEricaChoi; 04-24-09 at 12:54 PM.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

    All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

  9. #69
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnforgottenEricaChoi View Post
    Oh I recognize her, but I never knew her name until now. I saw her in some serials when I was very little. She was in a series with Stephen Chow and the other 2 serials,Heir To The Throne and the one w. Roger Kwok, that you guys mentioned. I don't know anything about her, but she was a very ok actress! I enjoyed all her 3 serials that I just mentioned. I think I want to see the one w. Andy and Roger kwok again. Do you guys know the Vietnamese title for both serials?
    THe series with Stephen Chow is the Final Combat, Viet title is Cai The Hao Hiep.
    The series with Andy is Chan Menh Thien Tu. She was actually in 2 series with Andy. The other is The Return of Wong Fei Hong, Viet title is Vo Hiep Hoang Phi Hung. The series with Roger is The Vixen's Tale, Viet title is Van Gia Truyen Thuyet.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    THe series with Stephen Chow is the Final Combat, Viet title is Cai The Hao Hiep.
    The series with Andy is Chan Menh Thien Tu. She was actually in 2 series with Andy. The other is The Return of Wong Fei Hong, Viet title is Vo Hiep Hoang Phi Hung. The series with Roger is The Vixen's Tale, Viet title is Van Gia Truyen Thuyet.
    Thanks Trinie.My brother still has her series w. Stephew Chow. Do you know where I can re-watch The Vixen's Tale/Viet title is Van Gia Truyen Thuyet and Chan Menh Thien Tu? Thanks.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

    All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

  11. #71
    Senior Member Trinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UnforgottenEricaChoi View Post
    Thanks Trinie.My brother still has her series w. Stephew Chow. Do you know where I can re-watch The Vixen's Tale/Viet title is Van Gia Truyen Thuyet and Chan Menh Thien Tu? Thanks.
    I honestly don't know where you can watch Van Gia Truyen Thuyet now since that series is not out on DVD yet. I know of a video store where you can still rent it, but it is in northern Cal(where I live). I don't think you live in northern cal right?? Chan Menh Thien Tu is out on DVD so you can easily buy it to watch it you really want to see it.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

  12. #72
    Senior Member chibidaisuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bubcas View Post
    I did not see any threads on her, so I'm starting one.

    I've just done watching Yammie's older series The Vixen's Tale released in 1989, she looked absulutely beautiful in ancient costume, from her hair style to acting. She is one of my all time favorite TVB actress but too bad she went to ATV now and did just very little acting after her depression disease.
    Do you have her serial 'The Possessed'? If yes is it on video or dvd or is it downloaded off the net? If it's downloaded then can I have the link for it please? I've been searching for this for so long and to no avail and can't even find it at stores. Thanks

  13. #73
    Senior Member chibidaisuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    You guys are welcome! I am glad that there are some people that still remember and care about Yammie. I just hope that she can recover and hopefully one day act again. She is such a great actress and is so pretty. It would be a waste for her not to come back....

    I heard that she was actually supposed to be play Zhao Min in HSDS 86, but too bad they gave the role to Kitty instead... sigh... I think Yammie would have played that role really well...
    Do you know why they gave it to Kitty instead? I never knew she could have been in HSDS.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 11-08-10 at 07:15 AM.

  14. #74
    Senior Member Nan Ling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Very sad news, I really do miss her acting. Love her in Heir to the throne, vixen's tale, and final combat. She was very good in The greed of man. The last time I saw her was in love in a miracle and one of the troublesome night movies.

Similar Threads

  1. Julian Cheung Chi Lam (張智霖)
    By tv fans in forum Actors
    Replies: 1029
    Last Post: 04-13-15, 09:18 AM
  2. Barbara Yung & Yammie Lam
    By kpop91 in forum Actresses
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-13, 08:33 PM
  3. Raymond Lam
    By sweetiemd in forum Actors
    Replies: 4685
    Last Post: 10-02-12, 08:02 AM
  4. 藍月亮 Blue Moonlight lo chung hua, joey meng, yuan yuan yee
    By JourneytoThreeKingdoms in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-08, 01:34 AM
  5. Shine On You 《青出於藍》
    By realdeal in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 351
    Last Post: 01-19-07, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •