Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yammie Lam (藍潔瑛)

what exactly happen to her life??? I like her she very cute .

i loved her in the final combat with stephen chow & francis ng. i heard she has "problems" now, or i read that on jayne star
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

I haven't seen any of Yammie's 80's series except for Looking Back at Anger. However, I have heard that she is very pretty and one of the best looking ones back in the 80's. Did anyone see him in Love in a Miracle? Her role was very small and she died very early in the series.

is it a modern series? i've seen in her with stephen chows/francis ng in final combat, her role was pretty decent in there too except she died

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    is it a modern series? i've seen in her with stephen chows/francis ng in final combat, her role was pretty decent in there too except she died
    Love in a Miracle is a pre-modern series. If you want to read more, you can read the review at my site, TVB Today.

oh. i seee yea i'll seee it and try check it out, i dont really watch modern series. (: but i'll check it out.

this girl has a very cute smile and pretty eyes. i like her with Andy forget the name of the series thos~

Quote Originally Posted by thanhdinhcl View Post
    this girl has a very cute smile and pretty eyes. i like her with Andy forget the name of the series thos~
    Heir to the Throne Is...

Too bad she wasn't able to keep her sanity in tact, as these days only reports of her crazy outbreaks get reported.

She was also with Andy in the Return of Wong Fei Hung.... I liked her with ANdy in Heir the to throne the most though.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

SHE was once one of Hong Kong broadcaster TVB's hottest stars.

Now, Yammie Lam spends her nights in a Hong Kong red-light district, soliciting passing men, offering to eat, drink and sing with them - even letting their hands wander over her.

All for HK$3,000 ($600) a month, reported Shin Min Daily News - just enough to scrape by after paying HK$500 in rent (reportedly for a dingy, smelly room) and expenses.

The actress, 43, once starred opposite Adam Cheng in the 1993 TVB classic, The Greed Of Man, and opposite local actor Li Nanxing in a telemovie in 1994.

On 28 Mar, a reporter from Hong Kong magazine Oriental Sunday tailed her secretly.

That night, at 8pm, she was seen wearing a white top and jeans - without make-up - waiting outside a bar in Jaffe Road.

No men approached her. She was then reportedly seen approaching a bespectacled man who walked past.

They entered a restaurant together. Inside, the man put his arm around her.

After eating, they went to a KTV club, where he ordered a bottle of red wine and they sang, drank and played games.

After the man left, the reporter followed her home, but when he asked her about her job, she slammed the door.

The room smelled, according to the report.

Yammie has a history of mental problems that reportedly started after The Greed Of Man, when she played a woman driven insane. It was said she was unable to 'get out' of her character.

In 1998, her parents died, she broke up with her boyfriend and she got into a car accident. She was admitted into a mental institution a year later.

In 2006, she was spotted wandering around with blood stains on her skirt. It is believed she was menstruating.

Source: The Electric New Paper, Singapore

poor gal.Hope she goes thru
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

Now, Yammie Lam spends her nights in a Hong Kong red-light district, soliciting passing men, offering to eat, drink and sing with them - even letting their hands wander over her.

All for HK$3,000 ($600) a month, reported Shin Min Daily News - just enough to scrape by after paying HK$500 in rent (reportedly for a dingy, smelly room) and expenses.

The actress, 43, once starred opposite Adam Cheng in the 1993 TVB classic, The Greed Of Man, and opposite local actor Li Nanxing in a telemovie in 1994.

On 28 Mar, a reporter from Hong Kong magazine Oriental Sunday tailed her secretly.

That night, at 8pm, she was seen wearing a white top and jeans - without make-up - waiting outside a bar in Jaffe Road.

No men approached her. She was then reportedly seen approaching a bespectacled man who walked past.

After eating, they went to a KTV club, where he ordered a bottle of red wine and they sang, drank and played games.

After the man left, the reporter followed her home, but when he asked her about her job, she slammed the door.

Yammie has a history of mental problems that reportedly started after The Greed Of Man, when she played a woman driven insane. It was said she was unable to 'get out' of her character.

In 1998, her parents died, she broke up with her boyfriend and she got into a car accident. She was admitted into a mental institution a year later.

In 2006, she was spotted wandering around with blood stains on her skirt. It is believed she was menstruating.

what a sad story....

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

Thanks for the news, but gosh.. I am SO SAD for her... Her life just seems to be getting worse and worse. I wonder if she has any other family members out there that can help and take care of her. She is always one of my favorites so it just hurts me to see her like that. I think she is so beautiful and talented, but it doesn't seem like her life is ever going to get any better. I wonder what the future will hold for her. I wish her the best regardless... so sad...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I only found out what happened to her recently. It's so sad. I remember her from the 80's.

Her "friend" revealed that her mental probs began after some big shot in the entertainment industry raped her in Singapore or some woman fighting with her for a man hired some monk to put a curse on her. It is speculated that the rapist could have been Jacky Chan or Eric Tsang... which is purely speculation. Totally possible that this "friend" was only using YN to get herself some airtime, much like how Athena Chu revealed catching an ex-boyfriend cheating on her -- rumored to be Stephen Chow, ironically YN is one of the suspects of being the other woman.

It sounds like she may be manic-depressive.

I think she's living in a mental hospital now, where she belongs.

It really sucks to be an entertainer sometimes, especially in HK.

Btw, does anyone remember Yammie as the mom from the seris "yi bu rong qing" starring Felix Wong and Derek Wan? Her character died in the first couple of episodes but that's the earliest work I know her from.

ALso, I googled Yammie after I found out about her current state. It is said that she was not an easy person to work with and turned down roles cuz she didn't like the hair or didn't like wearing heavy costumes in the summer, for example. It sounds like she was so confident in her beauty and future that she offended lots of bosses.
    Last edited by jiang bao; 10-05-08 at 10:52 PM.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

she was in greed of man right? she was so good
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    I only found out what happened to her recently. It's so sad. I remember her from the 80's.

Her "friend" revealed that her mental probs began after some big shot in the entertainment industry raped her in Singapore or some woman fighting with her for a man hired some monk to put a curse on her. It is speculated that the rapist could have been Jacky Chan or Eric Tsang... which is purely speculation. Totally possible that this "friend" was only using YN to get herself some airtime, much like how Athena Chu revealed catching an ex-boyfriend cheating on her -- rumored to be Stephen Chow, ironically YN is one of the suspects of being the other woman.

It sounds like she may be manic-depressive.

I think she's living in a mental hospital now, where she belongs.

It really sucks to be an entertainer sometimes, especially in HK.

Btw, does anyone remember Yammie as the mom from the seris "yi bu rong qing" starring Felix Wong and Derek Wan? Her character died in the first couple of episodes but that's the earliest work I know her from.

ALso, I googled Yammie after I found out about her current state. It is said that she was not an easy person to work with and turned down roles cuz she didn't like the hair or didn't like wearing heavy costumes in the summer, for example. It sounds like she was so confident in her beauty and future that she offended lots of bosses.
    THanks for the info, but where did you find this info from? It may or may not be true or all be true. If so, gosh that is really sad. I thought that she became depressed because her mother and father passed away and other reasons which involved her role in the Greed of Men. Is she really living in a mental institution now? I had a feeling since I don't think she will ever recover... That is so sad...

Well, it doesn't just suck to be an entertainer in HK since there are a lot of them that lead a good life too. It just depends on how you handle things.

The series that you are talking about is Looking back in Anger which is a classic series so of course we all remember it. I have seen her in a number of series from the 80s such as Hier to The Throne is (which is my most favorite series of her), The Vixen's Tale, THe Return of Wong Fei Hung, THe processed, and Final Combat. I think she looked really pretty and did a good job in these series.... Sadly, these are all the glory days of the past... It just hurts me to think of how she is now...
    Last edited by Trinie; 10-07-08 at 03:41 PM.

You can see the link below for the latest news about Yammie in which the "friend" talks about Yammie's condition.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...0716&hl=yammie

It is very unfortunate that Yammie has this illness, and she has no family support at all. She was so beautiful back then. Some other series with Yammie included: It Takes All Kinds, Battle of the Heart, A Taste of Bachelorhood.

Trinie, I'm glad to see that you're still visiting these forums. Can you guess who this is from my User ID? I'm still hanging around reading about entertainment news and comments, but I don't post as much any more. I still watch series once in a while (not just TVB series since I've finally transitioned to watch some mainland series that are pretty good too). I've been collecting a lot of TVB's series from the 80's too.... still love those.

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    You can see the link below for the latest news about Yammie in which the "friend" talks about Yammie's condition.

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index...0716&hl=yammie

It is very unfortunate that Yammie has this illness, and she has no family support at all. She was so beautiful back then. Some other series with Yammie included: It Takes All Kinds, Battle of the Heart, A Taste of Bachelorhood.

Trinie, I'm glad to see that you're still visiting these forums. Can you guess who this is from my User ID? I'm still hanging around reading about entertainment news and comments, but I don't post as much any more. I still watch series once in a while (not just TVB series since I've finally transitioned to watch some mainland series that are pretty good too). I've been collecting a lot of TVB's series from the 80's too.... still love those.
    I actually googled her and found this info yesterday too but thanks for the link! Yea, I still come here to relieve stress and talk to people. Are you TP?? OMG, I am so happy to see you here. I thought that I would never hear from you again. I mainly watch mainland or Taiwanese series these days and not really TVB. My mom feels bad for Yammie too. She has such a bad life with no family support at all. I heard her parents both passed away years ago too, so she has no one to help or support her. Please feel free to PM me sometime. I would love to talk to you again..

I feel so bad for Yammie. I heard that she is now like a beggar on the streets begging for money... I wonder if she will ever recover from her illness and current state?? This is so sad.... I think she is the HK actress that has the most tragic life... I think she used to be one of the most beautiful actresses ever... I really wish that someone can help her....

Here is the link to the news:
    http://giadinh.net.vn/home/200904020...i-hongkong.htm

I felt really sad after reading it...
    Last edited by Trinie; 04-16-09 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I feel so bad for Yammie. I heard that she is now like a beggar on the streets begging for money... I wonder if she will ever recover from her illness and current state?? This is so sad.... I think she is the HK actress that has the most tragic life... I think she used to be one of the most beautiful actresses ever... I really wish that someone can help her....

Here is the link to the news:
    http://giadinh.net.vn/home/200904020...i-hongkong.htm

I felt really sad after reading it...
    Yeah, me too even though I am not a big fan of her. I agree that she was one of the most beautiful HK actresses of her generation. I think her acting was good but not as good as the very best like Barbara Yung, Idy Chan, Money Chan, Margie Tsang, ect...

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Yeah, me too even though I am not a big fan of her. I agree that she was one of the most beautiful HK actresses of her generation. I think her acting was good but not as good as the very best like Barbara Yung, Idy Chan, Money Chan, Margie Tsang, ect...
    Well, you don't need to compare her to this and that.... It's not like it matters anymore since it is all something of the past.... Just look at her current state now.. I feel so bad for her....