Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damien Lau

This man is a GOD.
    His acting is particularly superb!
    Has anyone see Point of No Return???!

He cried, i cried... Hikz.. So sad..

Junior Member kongming's disciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    The first time I saw him in one of those type of roles, i.e. Awakening Story, I thought he was a great actor, able to pull off the haughty, self-indulgant attitude. But then his repeat performance in "Only Care About You" was almost an exact replica. So I've come to the conclusion that maybe he's just reflecting his own arrogant attitude.

Has he ever acted as a kind, considerate character before? That would be interesting to see if he can pull off.
    Yes, you should check out Hard Fate, another TVB series. But then one day I accidentally bumped into a thread here discussing the series and it just happens that he turned out to be the bad guy later in the series. So...apparently, I was misguided by his character since I was only in the first 16 episodes of the series. But...he plays a kind, considerate character in the beginning, so I guess that's good enough. Perhaps you should check out TVB's Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2000, and ATV's Interpol and King of Gamblers. And of course, he played funny characters in TVB's Men in Pain and Ups and Downs. Oh, and did I mention Eight Heroes aka Ba Da Hao Xia?

For those of you who like Damian and read traditional Chinese:
    I just accidentally came upon this site yesterday, and some of the TV series listed on the right features Damian Lau. Click on those links to check it out. One of the pictures with his younger self (portraying as a character) reminds me of Leslie Cheung.
    Last edited by kongming's disciple; 12-01-07 at 06:45 PM.

I am a big fan of Damian Lau since long ago and for my self, he was a great actor and I like him so much.
    He is very handsome around 80's and can't forget his face till now.

I like him at :
    Luk Siu Fung & Chronicles Of The Shadow Swordsman.

Does anyone have ever watch above ancient movie???
    I am still looking Vcd Chronicles Of The Shadow Swordsman but very hard to find.

Hi! I'm a big fan of Shadow of the Swordsman as well- loved it when I first saw it years ago, and agree that it might be Damian's best work! His playful yet romantic Dan Fung had fantastic chemistry with all his co-actors/actresses- I did love him with Michelle Yip, but I think it was him and his father who had the best chemistry. The scene towards the end when he was devastated by Michelle's Yun Lei leaving him and he was drinking himself blind ignoring his father's pleas... and finally his father said "Okay, okay, I'll drink with you!" was very moving.

I actually got a copy of this from Yesasia, but I just looked and it looks like its not there anymore! You should try emailing them and asking about the series. Though, be warned, the Yesasia version is dubbed in Mandarin, with no Canto option, so many who bought it complained about that.

Yanfeng,
    Hi...
    I have been contacted with Yeasia to check the series and they do have the stock currently but I have a problem with the language which is now they have on cantonese language i/o mandarin. I want to buy on mandarin since I don't understand cantonese....oh really sad u know.

It is very hard to find the series with mandarin.....so if there is someone would like to help me, I really appreciated.

I think he's good looking in the series Catch Me Now-made me fall in love with him since epi 1. Handsome in the 80s oooo where is the picture?