Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Michael Miu Kiu Wai

Here's a little snippet from old articles.
    Michael says "She is discussing it with TVB, now that the kids are older and she has more free time. I suggested that if the storyline and partners are good then go for it." (What about intimate scenes?) "I am very open minded, she didn't have any requests when I was filming those scenes with other actresses."

Anyway, seems to be a trend lately among veteran actors -- Idy Chan, Jamie Chik, Ray Lui....

Looking forward to it. ^^

Default free vcd

I am doing a clear out cos I am moving. Have some very old tvb series in VCD mainly starring michael miu. It's FREE, just pay me postage and packing (I live in UK):

Chor Lau Heung - all episodes
    the Foundation
    Fearless Duo
    Yang Saga (with Tony Leung and Andy Lau)
    Dragon Sword
    Lady chung (Dodo Cheng)
    Hero Without Tears
    Justice Bao (this is a few episodes with Michael Miu)

Please PM me if you want them.

Default AWWW!!

sometimes you guys jst por out my heart in words,he can very easliy make you drool over him.it was in 98 that i saw LOCH ,and till date couldnt get out of that fever.iam dying to c his other series especially ancient ones.even after trying so hard couldnt get even a glimpse of it.the channel that telecasted them went bankrupt no traces of them..if you can please help me out here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi View Post
    LOL, I feel the same exact way about Michael even though he's old enough to be my father. Despite his role, I loved him nonetheless. I mean, hey! If it wasn't for him, we'd never have Yang Guo. However, I think that during the 80's, Michael was the best looking. He's tall, strong, built, and incredibly handsome. Something we don't find very often in actors nowadays. Of course, Tony is the best-looking for today out of the five.

Default me me me!!!

hey
    if those are still available ill like to have them...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi View Post
    LOL, I feel the same exact way about Michael even though he's old enough to be my father. Despite his role, I loved him nonetheless. I mean, hey! If it wasn't for him, we'd never have Yang Guo. However, I think that during the 80's, Michael was the best looking. He's tall, strong, built, and incredibly handsome. Something we don't find very often in actors nowadays. Of course, Tony is the best-looking for today out of the five.
    Quote Originally Posted by komawong View Post
    I am doing a clear out cos I am moving. Have some very old tvb series in VCD mainly starring michael miu. It's FREE, just pay me postage and packing (I live in UK):

Chor Lau Heung - all episodes
    the Foundation
    Fearless Duo
    Yang Saga (with Tony Leung and Andy Lau)
    Dragon Sword
    Lady chung (Dodo Cheng)
    Hero Without Tears
    Justice Bao (this is a few episodes with Michael Miu)

Please PM me if you want them.

Hi does anybody know where i can buy "The Dragon Sword". love that series

I am so happy to read that finally someone thinks like I do - I thought that Michael Miu and Sharon Yeung had great onscreen chemistry, expecially in LOCH 1983.

But I read so many negative things from others saying that Sharon Yeung had zero chemistry with Michael, and that she is not pretty enough and not a good actress. I personally like Sharon very much, I think she's pretty and she was excellent as Muk Lim Chi. I really fell in love with Yeung Hong and Muk Lim Chi's (portrayed by Michael and Sharon) love story in LOCH, as they looked really passionate, intense, in love, conflicted, sad as well as uncertain of their relationship because of their different beliefs, ambitions and values. They were just great! I agree with you christinatran!

@christinatran - do you still watch LOCH1983? I just saw it again, also after 2 decades. I pestered my husband to download it from the net for me.

So now I can watch the scenes between Michael and Sharon Yeung Pan Pan as many times as I like! And I can pause to look closely at their expressions and actions too!! Its' great.

I was also disappointed that TVB never paired Michael and Sharon again after LOCH. I thought they both did such a great job as lovers in LOCH. Their love story was so much more moving, passionate and had a sex appeal to it that Gwok Jing and Wong Yung didn't. Lim Chi sacrificed her life to save Yeung Hong, and despite hating Yeung Hong's evil deeds and cruelty to others, Lim Chi could not change her love for him. All she could do was to leave him - she stood by her morals. And it's much harder to act in a weak role like Lim Chi, where she had a lot of crying scenes and Sharon Yeung had to express her love and feelings of disappointment through her tears and facial expressions. I think it was easier for Barbara to play Wong Yung.

I know what christinatran means about the edited version of LOCH. Some of the scenes between Yeung Hong and Lim Chi ended abruptly, and yes I also wonder if the scene where Yeung Hong knelt beside Lim Chi as she weaved was a memory or just his imagination of how things could have been? I cried each time I watched Yeung Hong's death scene. And that TVB even made Sharon Yeung sing when Yeung Hong died - that was amazing and so touching! Who says Sharon can't act??!!??

Both Felix and Barbara were great actors, it's just that their characters were more childish, never had any real problems like Yeung Hong and Muk Lim Chi. All they did was to counter Yeung Hong's plots, ha ha! And just to have fun and go back to Peach Blossom Island. They kinda lived a day at a time, while Yeung Hong actually planned and schemed, and had to deal with his emotional conflict concerning his true identity. Yeung Hong and Muk Lim Chi were much more complex characters.

LOCH1982 is definitely one of the great classics of TVB and is good to watch even 28 years later. But it may hold less appeal to the younger generation (those born in the 1990s) who have different expectations, e.g. compare its papercut studio designs versus LOCH2003's breathtaking sceneries, 1980s big hairstyling and heavy blue eyeshadow versus the more naturalized look that is in fashion now. I think the heavy-laden 1980s make-up on Sharon may not appeal to 1990s-born viewers who grew up on K-dramas which made the "less is more" Korean make-up style popular.

I'm born in the 1970s myself, so of course LOCH1982 hold fond memories for me.
    Last edited by iheartnickywu; 03-27-11 at 07:05 AM.

So I'm back again!
    I haven't been on SPCNET forums for... ages!

Anyways, After 6 years, I thought I'd check the internet to see if Miu's series with Barbara was uploaded yet. It seems that the series where Barbara played two character is rare or something, I can't find anyone who owns/rents it! GRRR! I hope someone uploads this one soon. >___<
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

I think only his most famous series will still be available for commercial sale, e.g. the great classic that was LOCH1982.

To me, Michael Miu & Sharon Yeung will always be the classic Yang Kang & Mu Nianci. Doesn't matter that times, styles and tastes have changed. It's like comparing Sean Connery's James Bond movies in the 1960s to Daniel Craig's James Bond movies today - of course it would be different because they were made during entirely different eras.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartnickywu View Post
    LOCH1982 is definitely one of the great classics of TVB and is good to watch even 28 years later. But it may hold less appeal to the younger generation (those born in the 1990s) who have different expectations, e.g. compare its papercut studio designs versus LOCH2003's breathtaking sceneries, 1980s big hairstyling and heavy blue eyeshadow versus the more naturalized look that is in fashion now. I think the heavy-laden 1980s make-up on Sharon may not appeal to 1990s-born viewers who grew up on K-dramas which made the "less is more" Korean make-up style popular.

I'm born in the 1970s myself, so of course LOCH1982 hold fond memories for me.
    I was born in 1990!! & i love the 80's series, like LOCH1982. that's why i'm in here! haha Miu is so handsome, owwww!!!! Even though he is older now, I still think he's the same ol' Duong Kang in LOCH lol. My mom has most of his "kiem hiep/ancient" dramas. so handsomeee *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by cdramafensi View Post
    I think only his most famous series will still be available for commercial sale, e.g. the great classic that was LOCH1982.

To me, Michael Miu & Sharon Yeung will always be the classic Yang Kang & Mu Nianci. Doesn't matter that times, styles and tastes have changed. It's like comparing Sean Connery's James Bond movies in the 1960s to Daniel Craig's James Bond movies today - of course it would be different because they were made during entirely different eras.
    That sooooo sucks, I wanted to see that series. I like the chemistry that Barbara & Michael had on screen. Although on LOCH they weren't partnered up, the did do a lot of series together, like Char Lau Huong, Fearless Duo, They appeared in the the Foundation, I guess I watch too many movies with them >__< I really wanted to see United We Stand. Or atleast a clip of it! There are no theme songs/songs/clips/photos online of that series. Mystery!
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    I really wanted to see United We Stand. Or atleast a clip of it! There are no theme songs/songs/clips/photos online of that series. Mystery!
    As a devoted fan of Michael and Barbara, I have most of their series . A good friend of mine sent me the dvds for United We Stand awhile back. Since Spcnet has rules against downloading copyrighted materials, pm me if you still want to watch the series.
    Last edited by tweety365; 04-09-11 at 01:35 AM.

Did any of you watch the 2011 stage show in China, bringing together some of the main cast of LOCH 1983? It was a real treat to see my lovely Sharon Yeung and her on-screen-love Michael Miu aka Yeong Hong!
    http://www.tudou.com...ew/laxWc5_85lU/

hi all,

I just heard news/rumour from my friend in Indonesia that Michael has been cast as Huang Yaoshi in the 2017 LOCH. Huang Yaoshi is the East Heretic, father of Huang Rong/Wong Yung. If this is correct, I'm so excited.

Can anyone confirm this?

The news is correct. These are the photos of Michael Miu with his Huang Yaoshi costume. I couldn't recognise him at first from the two official shots (where he was with Huang Rong/Wong Yung). But the last two photos are clear: it IS Michael!

Source: Kaypang Gallery FB page:
    https://www.facebook.com/12743989113...type=3&theater

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-13AuHfpFGIQ/VzVqx2KeIXI/AAAAAAAAHLU/_6GWF2WaXvMTB3gDDbwi0zZhFxQBvdmZQCLcB/s320/MM%2BHuang%2BYaoshi%2B%2526%2BHuang%2BRong.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fbne2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13177445_10153656483761134_7613375954737402962_n.j pg?oh=36819f3ba0f16261853cdfbd357e8669&oe=57DBCCB5')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Cqo0pFKvNUQ/VzaCDiXLTJI/AAAAAAAAHME/iVPLGssYvssqgcfLT_fcXERbxABkFnlygCLcB/s320/MM%2Bas%2BHYS%2B2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MAXWoyW7lcY/VzaCG_lG4dI/AAAAAAAAHMI/3cJFlkZU7Jou_J7HFlryEZGlovHzsFZGgCLcB/s320/MM%2Bas%2BHYS%2B1.jpg')

It's Michael's 58th birthday today (18 June 2016), so I made an MV for him here:

http://riverandlakerealm.blogspot.co...mius-58th.html

Enjoy!