Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Michael Miu Kiu Wai

I'm so glad Miu Kiu Wai is back to acting. I had (have) a major crush on him as Yeung Hong in LOCH and he was so good in The Academy too. I hope his new series gets good ratings.

hehehe i feel the same wayyyy hehehe

I think he Michael Miu Kiu wai was also in ATV's 1990's production of "Forest Cat I" or part II that was already released on vcds boxset for purchase.

Have anyone saw him in ATV's "forest cat"?

How was it?

Michale is still looks hot. I love him in character Chor Lau Hueng.

HELP!!!!!!!!

sorry for activating this thread but i am gg to buy a serie with miu kiu wai and barbara together... so, out of THE ADVENTURE OF CHOR LAU HEUNG, THE FEARLESS DUO AND THE FOUNDATION, which one shd i pick?

1) based on their chemistry?
    2) based on the plot, acting?

and more about the story... is the foundation a sad story? wat about chor lau heung and the fearless duo????!!!!

Thanks alot!!
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu
    HELP!!!!!!!!

sorry for activating this thread but i am gg to buy a serie with miu kiu wai and barbara together... so, out of THE ADVENTURE OF CHOR LAU HEUNG, THE FEARLESS DUO AND THE FOUNDATION, which one shd i pick?

and more about the story... is the foundation a sad story? wat about chor lau heung and the fearless duo????!!!!

Thanks alot!!
    Definitely Adventures of Chor Lau Heung. It's light-hearted, funny, and has the best plot and MB (Michael & Barbara) chemistry among the 3.

Foundation is also very good, but very very sad. I must warn you.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Thanks alot!!
    Definetly The Adventure of Chor Lau Heung. THis is an all-time classic series and has a great plot - even though it's a little different to Gu Long's original story...

Fearless Duo is light-hearted at the start but can get sad towards the end.

The Foundation - has good chemistry between the two and is overall a good series to watch. But the ending is sad and the story bears very little resemblance to actual history itself...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

okay.. thanks for the tip
    i will buy chor lau heung then...

okay.. thanks for the tip
    i will buy chor lau heung then...
    Even though this CLH is a little inaccurate according to the original work, the storyline's very interesting. Never a boring moment esp. with Michael and Barbara. Plus, there are more characters involved, and I love how almost all the characters from each case come together near the end of the series. You'' definitely enjoy it.

I agree, 'The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung' is pretty good, but the only thing I don't like about it is the three girls who play Chor's 'sisters'. They are pretty annoying.

Currently, I am watching Michael and Barbara Yung in United We Stand. It's a comedy series and both of them paired very well in this show.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Hi,

I'm a HUGE fan of Michael Miu as well. I'm glad to be in this thread with all his other fans.

I've recently purchased his version of chor lau heung (Part I & II) as he's portrayl with Barbara Yung was most unforgetting! I was a little kid back then.

However, to those of you who has also purchased it, may I ask if your version seemed accurate? I roughly remembered most scenes and now that I have re-purchased the VCDs...it seemed strange as there were very little/few scenes about him and the princess (barbara)...it doesn't connect how she became his only love since he's a philanderer.

Above all...the scenes seemed to have been edited as the actors/actresses can be speaking or about to speak and the scene is changed to another. The story just doesn't connect. Some mysteries had no ending too!

Hence, may I ask if any of his fans out there who may have purchased this series have the same problem? If not, could you tell me where did you purchased your copy?

regards!

ya... i bought it at Ts and do have the same problem as u.. so damn weird..

Hi Zhi Zhu,

Alright, that's confirms it! I bought it from TS as well. I'm really disappointed! I was looking forward to this show so much...only to realize what they've done to this wonderful show. Can't get enough of Chor Lau Heung and the princess!

Anyhow, prior to asking on this forum, i did send an email to tvbi and seek clarification, which they have yet to reply! I kinda feel cheated!

I'm really thinking hard of purchasing from YesAsia! Apparently, they have 3 boxes which should be 30 discs (60 chapters). What we bought was 24 discs (48 chapters). You can imagine how much they've cut! No wonder they storyline didn't gel.

What's infuriating is: if there are that many chapters, they should leave it to the choice of the audience if they want to purchase that show at THAT cost! Not, cut the show, cut the cost!...and by paying that cost...we don't even get to enjoy a proper show! Infuriating!!

Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by littledragon05
    Michale is still looks hot. I love him in character Chor Lau Hueng.
    I think Miu Kiu Wai potrayed the base Chor Lau HEung. Comparing it to the novel, Miu lived up the main actor well.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Michael is having a comeback at TVB . lol! he already have two series as lead and he's going to get more

ReallY? Which are the 2 series? 1 of it is with Anne Heung and Bosco right?

Thumbs up

I recently found a really good website on Milky way,

http://www.samhuiwun.com/michaelmiu/

They have a lot of pictures of his family and more. They also have video clips of him as Chor Lau Heung and Felix Wong and others as their wuxia characters starring on a show....and they also have bloopers of his role in CLH. They have other video clips too...its really cool...this person must be a real superfan to have all those video clips and pictures....I think its really hard to find.

The website is Chinese and English friendly. So Check it out.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by SilatFreak
    I think Miu Kiu Wai potrayed the base Chor Lau HEung. Comparing it to the novel, Miu lived up the main actor well.
    I have not read the novel but based on what I've seen, by far I find him as the best Chor Lau Heung. For his age, he sure looks good and fit, the fact that he is back in the entertainment industry for now and being quite active.

He is very handsome in Chor Lau Heung.