Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Michael Miu Kiu Wai

Yeah, I remember I had a crush on him as a child. He was so charming and handsome in that series. It's no wonder Jamie Chik fell in love with him. But just recently saw a picture of them two and I must say that Jamie Chik have lost some of her beauty. I know she's not young but she really didn't age that well. I remember she was so beautiful in the 80s.

yup she was hot, but what do you expect, she doesn't act anymore, would love to see more of her old shows on DVD, along with fellow 80's like Margie, the late Barbara Yeung.

stay away from TVB VCD's as they are heavily edited......................I'm wait for the DVD's to come out, I'm very happy with the few that I have bought so far like the Legend of the Condor Heroes, the Return of the Condor Heroes, and The Demi-Gods & Semi Devils. I hope they put out more 80's stuff on DVD.

Yeah, I finally figured that the vcd are heavily edited. I never bought tv series before, so I thought that DVD and vcd are the same but dvd is just better quality wise. Never realized that DVD have the uncut version and the vcd is heavily edited. So bummed out that this is the case. I'm saving money right now to buy the dvd version with english subtitle of 'Legend of the Condor Heroes.' And I am waiting for TVB to come out with the DVD version of Chor Lau Heung with Micheal Mui, hopefully they have the uncut version soon.

I feel ya, before the DVD versions came out I spent a ton on VCD of theLegend/Return of the Condor Heroes, Police Cadet 84/85, the quality was iffy, and it was freakin expensive and heavily edited.

The only VCD I buy nowadays are ATV stuff because they are unedited and will probably never come out on DVD, like Fok Yun Gop, Chen Jen, Young Wong Fei Hung, most of these are from the 80's, I did buy one ATV DVD but was disappointed that it was a VCD to DVD transfer..........................blah............ ...........

Nowadays, before I even buy TVB DVD's I check the original TV Series to verify it is the same chapter that is sold, ieeeeeeeeeeeee if it came out with 40 episodes, the DVD better have 40 episodes.........................that's what tipped me onto the TVB VCD being edited. Because Police Cadet is 40 episodes and the VCD was like 30, so I'm like WTF........................

are you buying yours in the United States or out of the country?

Actually, I'm thinking about buying online at yesasia since they have more selection. Just saw the price for the dvd version of LOCH and I nearly faint. It costs $163 not including s&h. But I as I am getting older, I'm getting more nostalgic so I will purchase the DVDs. I just wish it wasn't so freakin expensive. I'm now weary of the vcds or dvds unless it said in bold that it's the uncut version since I hate watching anything heavily edited.

where did you get $163 from, I see $73.50, what country are you in?

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004482617/

that's strange. I just checked it last night and it was $163. Perhaps the $163 is the whole series whereas, the $73.50 is the last volume.

you might be right, I remember a price like that a month ago, that included 3 series, but make sure you don't go over $100 on 1 series if so you're getting ripped off, unless you're not in the U.S.

Hey, you want to swap? What classic series do you have? Maybe we can swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Long View Post
    It's bad to talk about people who are dead. But I read somewhere that the trouble between Barbara Yung, Miu Kiu Wai, and Kent Tong all began in the filming of "The Foundation" starring Felix, Barabara, Miu, and of course Kent...

Rumours had it that Barabra and Miu went on dates during the shooting of "Legend of the Condor Heroes", regardless of how friendly they might be, a man, any man, is going to get jealous never the less. Who wouldn't get jealous knowing that your girl is spending time with a handsome guy like Miu and what's worse, he's not gay!!

During the shooting of "The Foundation", it was noted that Kent Tong got increasingly jealous... and was said to have had a dummy spat at both Miu and Felix. That was shortly after a segment Miu and Felix did for K-100 to promote the show, which they decided not to include Kent... Apparently it was the to do with pushing weights and seeing who's the strongest out of Miu and Felix... Because Miu always flirted with Barabra on the set by flexing his muscles, so Kent wanted to beat Miu and embarress him in front of a TV audience. So Miu and Felix suggested that they not include Kent in that segment...

Anyway matters got worse when TVB decided to pair Miu with Barbara together in other shows after "The Foundation". Kent thus was said to have cheated on another girl (who was just a lowly supporting actress) to make Barbara jealous. But eventually Kent did fall for another woman. So Barabara wanted to do something to make Kent jealous and show the world how much Kent had hurrt her... Thus leading to her death... But it was said, that Barabara only did this as an 'act' and had never intended to die as a result... So it was sad... Thus Kent's acting career basically went down hill from there...
    Wow, never know this before. Isn't Miu was with Jamie at the time? I don't think Miu and Barbara ever date. Kent shouldn't jelous and went on cheating on Barbara. I think Barbara loved Kent, never anyone else...
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

^you're right I remember my mom telling me the same story many many years ago when Barbara passed............................... so sad she had such high hopes...................

Andy Lau Finances BROTHERS of a Crime Family
    May 31, 2007

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img1.qq.com/ent/pics/3942/3942464.jpg')

A very earlier shot of "The Five Tigers" (L to R): Felix Wong, Andy Lau, Miu Kiu-wai, Ken Tong and Leung Chiu-Wai. (Image: ?.)

According to the Chinese press, Xiong Di (literal: "Brothers"), a new Hong Kong gang thriller based on an idea came out by Andy Lau, will go into production with over US$260 million from Lau�s pocket. The story centers around two brothers, sons of a powerful crime boss. The younger brother (Eason Chan) was sent abroad when he was just a little kid and the older brother (Miu Kiu-wai) stayed with their father and an adopted brother (Felix Wong), because a fortuneteller prophesied that the brothers would turn against each other someday. Years later, after the death of their father, the younger brother returns to Hong Kong and finds out the older brother, the chosen successor, wants to retire and hand the power to him. He refuses because he hates what his family has been doing. Meanwhile the leader of another gang (Ken Tong) seized the opportunity and starts setting the brothers up. Andy Lau will play a cop investigating the crime family and young mainland Chinese actress will be the female lead.

Back in the 1980s, Andy Lau, Miu Kiu-wai, Felix Wong, Ken Tong and Leung Chiu-Wai were five young rising stars of Hong Kong�s TVB, called �The Five Tigers of TVB�. Later all of them except Leung quit TVB. Cast of the movie got all �Tigers� except Leung. The press has speculated that it was because Leung�s friendship with the other four went cold. Director Chiu Sun-Kee (Love Trilogy, Frugal Game, Time 4 Hope) said they had never considered Leung as a must-have and he was too expensive anyway. Shooting will start soon in Thailand.

Credit: Monkeypeaches

===============

I wish they could reunite all 5 Tigers one more time for a movie(wishful thinking would be a series). I was hoping they would cast a HK female actress rather than a mainland Chinese actress. Are they running out of young HK actress or something?

OMG! I haven't see that guy for a long time ago! Actually, I saw LOCH since I was a little girl! Then I saw him in a serie where Babara plays as twins in (anyone knows the title of this serie), Chor Lau Heung, Yang Saga and The Foundation. In fact, there are many series with him that I've seen but I just don't remember because it has been a long time ago! But I remark that Babara and Miu Kui Wai use to work together. Mostly all serie that Barbara is in, Miu Kui Wai also! I think that look so good as a couple but what a pitu that Barbara leave this world! She was so young at that time! Losing a talented actrice!

Quote Originally Posted by liusing View Post
    Then I saw him in a serie where Babara plays as twins in (anyone knows the title of this serie.

United We Stand

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.malmusic.com/images/cover/VCD040006.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    United We Stand

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.malmusic.com/images/cover/VCD040006.jpg')
    One of the few series of his I have not seen yet. I am still in search of finding a place where I can rent it

I believe Barbara and Michael has paired up as a couple 4 times?

The Foundation
    United We Stand
    Fearless Duo
    The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

can someone please sum up with detail for me the 1st 6 episodes of "united we stand" (sheng xiu qiao wang) because i ordered this drama, but for some reason, they gave me episodes 1-6 of another drama and only started giving me "united we stand" starting chapter 7. thanks a million.
    dolphin_bay

Quote Originally Posted by Versace View Post
    One of the few series of his I have not seen yet. I am still in search of finding a place where I can rent it

I believe Barbara and Michael has paired up as a couple 4 times?

The Foundation
    United We Stand
    Fearless Duo
    The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung
    Me either, I caught half of it when it played on TVB when my cousin asked me to tape if for her

I'd tried looking everywhere for Chor Lau Heung 84 and everywhere on the web or even chinatown were either sold out or they never carried it. I wonder why it's so hard to find CLH with micheal mui and barbara yung. I'd thought that series was very popular

United We Stand

Thank you! Actually, I'm looking for this serie in cambodian but they sais is impossible to find it!

Quote Originally Posted by invisible_dolphinbay View Post
    can someone please sum up with detail for me the 1st 6 episodes of "united we stand" (sheng xiu qiao wang) because i ordered this drama, but for some reason, they gave me episodes 1-6 of another drama and only started giving me "united we stand" starting chapter 7. thanks a million.
    Why don't you return the drama for an exchange? That's really a waste of your money and not worthy of ignoring the supplier's error.

Me either, I caught half of it when it played on TVB when my cousin asked me to tape if for her
    Is this series not that good to be part of your DVD/VCD collections?

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    I'd tried looking everywhere for Chor Lau Heung 84 and everywhere on the web or even chinatown were either sold out or they never carried it. I wonder why it's so hard to find CLH with micheal mui and barbara yung. I'd thought that series was very popular
    Have you tried yesasia? If they are out of stock, you can email them a request to re-stock them.