Thread: XIAO SHI YI LANG 2003 (Nicky Wu, Athena Chu)

Default XIAO SHI YI LANG 2003 (Nicky Wu, Athena Chu)

Just found this great website by accident, it has all synopsis, wallpaper, gallery, MTV themesong music videos, trailers, as well as summary of each episodes (if you don't understand Chinese and want to watch this entertaining series) and links to a number of forums as well.

You guys should check out.

http://www.snowblue.net/eleven/index.html

I'm still looking for the pinyin lyrics of the opening theme song though

This is the picture of this series

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/51/l_p1002392751.jpg')
    Last edited by Temujin; 02-16-05 at 10:30 AM.

This is the picture of the second part of this adaption

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/53/l_p1002392753.jpg')

To Temujin!
    Thanks for the site. I have been there before and it is really nice and has lots of info for the series. I wish that other series can have great sites like that. Oh so you are looking for the pin yin lyrics for the themesong? I can write it out for you if you want. Let me know ok? Thanks again for the site!
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    To Temujin!
    Thanks for the site. I have been there before and it is really nice and has lots of info for the series. I wish that other series can have great sites like that. Oh so you are looking for the pin yin lyrics for the themesong? I can write it out for you if you want. Let me know ok? Thanks again for the site!
    Hey Trinie,

No problem.... Yes, actually I will be very grateful (as well as everyone else who likes this song) if you could please write the pinyin lyrics of the opening XSYL 03 theme song. It's so nice.... and I've been looking everywhere for it.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Hi Temujin!
    Thanks again and no problem! I was going to translate the theme and subsong for this series as well as provide the pin yin lyrics for it. I will be translating songs for Paradise 1 as well. By the way, Nicky sings the theme and subsong for this series. I agree they are really nice!!! Please be patient since I am busy with school and am in the middle of translating this long interview of Yu Bo that I am almost done with too. I will be posting it up after I am done, so be on the lookout for the songs and stuff. Also, this series was made in 2001 not 2003. It was Yu Bo's(the one that played Lian Cheng Bi) debut series.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Thanks again Trinie

Now, on with the series itself

Nicky Wu & Athena Chu definitely has a chemistry going between the two of them. Honestly, I never really liked Athena Chu in her portrayal as Huang Rong because I thought she wasn't beautiful enough and her acting was not that great in in LOCH94. This series changed my perception of Athena. She looks gorgeous (somehow I think she's a lot skinnier here, than she was in LOCH94), and the hair also make her more lady-like, and definitely her body language, attitude, and facial expression, it's what Shen Bi Jun is supposed to be. And last, but not least, her acting has matured tremendously. Nicky Wu is off course, fun to watch,although he doesn't portray the Xiao Shi Yi Lang from the actual novel. We had a sense that he was too playful.

This series is off course far from being loyal to novel, and sometimes feels like a soap opera, especially in the first 10-20 episodes, basically Shen Bi Jin is kidnapped and XSYL to the rescue, again and again and again.. but there is always something that Lien Cheng Bi can do to upset her and dispise XSYL. But again, I do agree that Nicky & Athena really have great chemistry together.

The other thing is too much slap-stick comedy and silly moments sometimes. Especially the Yang Kai Thai and Feng Shi Niang drama which seems to be endless. Not to mention the cheesy special effects and the rocker type costumes on XSYL.

On the side note, I really like the guy who played Lien Cheng Bi, he's got the look, and very handsome. He should have played Yang Kang in LOCH 02 instead of the ugly Zhou Jie or Murong Fu in DGSD03. I heard this series was his first debut. Wow... amazing... he's got a long way to go.. and he's got the talent.

The guy who played in HSDS03 as Wudang's first hero also played as XSYL's father here, he's a good actor, as he showed his other side of acting skills here.

Watch it for fun and entertainment value. But definitely not to be put in your collection unless you're Nicky Wu or Athena Chu's fans.
    Last edited by Temujin; 02-21-05 at 09:58 PM.

I didn't like Shen Bi Jun. Maybe Athena did a good job portraying her, but I didn't like the character.

I've never read the novel, but from what I've heard, Feng Si Niang was supposed to be equally good as XSYL (in terms of martial arts), but she had zero in the adaptation. I agree with you on the cheezy effects and costume, but all in all, I enjoyed it for some reason. Not too sure why, but I did like it.

The guy who played in HSDS03 as Wudang's first hero also played as XSYL's father here, he's a good actor, as he showed his other side of acting skills here.
    I agree, he's a good actor. Part of IMO the most hilarious scene in the entire series.

Hi Teimujin!
    You are welcome and you will have to be patient since school is getting to me and I have to do other translations too. I agree with you on the series. I saw parts of it on TV when I had vacation and I must say that it wasn't that good. That was my first time seeing Yu Bo(the one that played Lian Cheng Bi). My mom noticed how handsome he was too. He did a great job for his debut series. I don't think he was really known until he acted in Shui Yue DOng Tian/Paradise. HE was really good in there too. You should see that series....

THe series was not a good adaption and was too soap opera like that I thought it became really boring. It is ok to see once, but is not worth collecting at all... Hey did you know that Nicky met his girlfriend.Ma Ya Shu(the one that played Feng Si Niang) in this series?? I guess it has a lot of value for them...

Anyone know where I can find the beginning themesong for this adaptation ?

Maybe you could pm me the site to download it or something.

Hi Temuin!
    I don't know where to download it, but if you really like the song... You can get it as yesasia.com. You can easily find it there. Can you read Chinese??

Red face

watched the series last summer, it's pretty good, had 2 say. first time i saw the box set w/ XSYL in the black, ripped up costume i was like...man...that's gonna b one gay show, but then i watched it, cuz i wanted 2 c Nicky Wu, (after my obssession w/ him in Ming Bu Zhen Guan Dong) i watched it n it was good, had me spellbound till the end....which, despite the good show, was technologically challenged. N that's kk, cuz a lotta chinese mystical dramas r poorly done w/ the special effects and comp generated picz.

Shen Bi Jun's character just got sick way 2 often, like she's always dying and she's so weak...it's annoying, like Zi Wei in Huan Zhu Ge Ge, always in trouble, always sick....but Athena portrayed her well.

Nicky Wu as XSYL was nicely done, a drastic contrast from his character in Ming Bu Zhen Guan Dong, cuz he was all serious in that movie but in XSYL he's all playful. the only emotional part i thought was wen he was with Xiao Jin and she was pregnant w/ Xue Ying...that was sad....(except 4 the blue hair...gotta loose the blue hair....!! ) n the otha part was wen Xiao Jin told him Shen Bi Jun died...that was sad 2....

if u go 2 http://music.kv163.com u mite be able 2 find the theme song, that is if u can read simplified chinese.

Hi Temuin!
    I don't know where to download it, but if you really like the song... You can get it as yesasia.com. You can easily find it there. Can you read Chinese??
    My Chinese reading skills is pretty bad, if you could point me to the right direction, I'd appreciate it

Hi Temujin!
    Ok here is the direct link to get the album. It is a great CD to have. It also has clips from XSYL too.. It has both the theme and subsong to the series. A great price as well. I will do the pin yin lyrics and translations when I have time. School is getting to me right now.....

Here is the link:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...section-music/

enjoy!

Hi Temujin!
    Ok here is the direct link to get the album. It is a great CD to have. It also has clips from XSYL too.. It has both the theme and subsong to the series. A great price as well. I will do the pin yin lyrics and translations when I have time. School is getting to me right now.....

Here is the link:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...section-music/

enjoy!
    Xie Xie Ni

Bu Yong Ke Qi!!!!

I've seen some of this on TV while I was on vacation...but didn't understand it much since it was right in the middle of the plot. Could someone explain it to me? Like, a summary or something. Just more detailed. It'll be awhile until I can get this and see it...-puppy eyes- Please?

Here's a llama
    There's a llama
    And another little llama
    Fuzzy llama
    Funny llama
    Llama llama duck

Llama llama
    Cheesecake llama
    Tablet brick potato llama...

Default Official English forum of Yu Bo opened on June 28

Great news. the official YUBO international website will be opened recently, and the english forum had been opened on June 28 but it's still in building!

There are every kinds of information on Yu BO, from biography and filmography to pictures and videos. it also has the latest news and reports on Yu Bo.You can also post your own works (words,images and multimedias) to the forum or talk about the series.

The forum website address is: http://yuboclub.com/bbs/index.php

but you can also directly enter the english forum use this address: http://yuboclub.com/bbs/index.php?gid=46

To view the content or add post, you must registrate. Now the forum hasn't the function for english registration, but I'll explain how to registration.

For the registration, the first page is the rules of the forum, and you can choose from agree (left button)and disagree (right button).

if you choose agree, then you go to the next step.for this page, you need fill in confirmation number, your user name, password, e-mail address. And there is a line of words in red, you need copy it and paste it to the blank beside it. and then click the "summit button". and finish your registration

Default publicity stills of Lian CHengbi

too much ,just post two with his signature

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo6.yupoo.com/20070628/105726_389306298.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo8.yupoo.com/20070628/124851_1176834975.jpg')