Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jin Yong Audio Novels?

Default Jin Yong Audio Novels?

When I was in Beijing, I saw audio versions for Water Margin, Dreams of the Red Mansion and Three Kingdoms. I also listened to the audio novel of Duke of Mount Deer, which was quite good. These are all Mandarin versions.

Anybody saw other Jin Yong audio novels? For those among us who can't read Chinese, it might be a solution. Does anyone know of Cantonese audio novels? I never saw them in HK.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

This would be mondo cool. Can't find any on the internet...
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 02-16-05 at 05:22 PM.

I have the SOD, Condor Trilogy, DGSD audio books. My wife bought them in Beijing. Incidentally I was wondering if there were audio books for Gu Long's works.

Currently listening to Chainfire audio book.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser
    I have the SOD, Condor Trilogy, DGSD audio books. My wife bought them in Beijing. Incidentally I was wondering if there were audio books for Gu Long's works.

Currently listening to Chainfire audio book.
    Are they abridged or unabridged?

I Downloaded DOMD in rm format from this site that my friend sent me. Its unabridged but bits and pieces from several chapters are cut out for some reason. Kinda annoying, but its free so i cant really complain.

Chinese radio used to run serialized audio novels just like newspapers did. It's considered an unique artform even.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

Default HSDS in Cantonese

Once I accidentally downloaded a portion of HSDS in Cantonese from http://mp3.baidu.com

The bit I listened to was about the visit of Guo Xiang and He Zudao to Shaolin.
    You might want to try the website above.

Can I buy this online somewhere ?

heard the tapes before. quality wise pretty poor and it was only one guy or lady reciting the whole novel. so you have yang guo speaking in a female voice and ren ying ying in a male voice. also, all the characters in the same novel have the same voice or a slightly different version of it. sometimes the emotional parts are spoken in a monotonous manner, which sucked.

having said all that, it was hella fun listening to the guy speaking swear words used in <lu ding ji>. previously, i only could imagine it in my own voice when reading the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    ... quality wise pretty poor and it was only one guy or lady reciting the whole novel. so you have yang guo speaking in a female voice and ren ying ying in a male voice. ...
    I can't remember the format of the file I downloaded, but it was probably either MP3 or WMA. The quality was quite good, though. You are right, it's one guy or lady reading the text, as if it's "reading aloud" time in primary school or something. And it did sound like something that one would hear over Rediffusion or some radio station in the 70s or earlier.

Oh yes, for those of you who are attempting to find one or more of these audio files on the 'baidu' site, please don't be disappointed if nothing shows up. Things "drop out" from there time and again, and "re-appear" when one least expects them to. And I haven't figured out why that happens.

Default Jin Yong complete collection in audio books

Hi,

Has anyone seen or heard of Jin Yong’s wuxia novels in audio books format at the website below? According to the website, the entire set of Jin Yong's novels are available in the collection.

(English page)
    http://www.1158.cn/English/Electroni...ks/dzts008.htm

(Chinese page)
    http://www.1158.cn/tzsgd/dzts008.htm

There was a previous thread in this forum titled “Jin Yong Audio Novels?” about Jin Yong audio books being available in Beijing. I will be visiting Shanghai soon and was wondering if I might be able to find them there as well. I have never visited China before. Any particular shopping areas in Shanghai that I might be able to look for them? Thanks.

cha

Default Jin Yong's books in audio

I got myself a copy of all of Jin Yong's books in audio rm format. I am wondering if anyone would be interest these files.

Here are some just some samples that I uploaded to my wuxiaworld website. I'll upload more if people are interested.

LOCH
    LOCH 01

ROCH
    ROCH 01

HSDS
    HSDS 01
    Last edited by paul; 07-22-06 at 11:23 PM.
    Wuxiaworld V2. for more wuxia
    Staff member need at wuxiaworld-PM me for details.

so those are in mandarin?
    石破天道:“是啊,这招是阿绣教我的,她说人家打不过你,你要处处手下留情,得饶人处且饶人,这一招叫‘旁 敲侧击’,既让了对方,又不致为对方所伤。”他毫无机心,滔滔说来。天虚脸上登时红一阵,白一阵,羞愧得无 地自容。

slick website

Excellent stuff.

Are these in cantonese if so please post them all. I'm an illieterate australian born chinese so i can;t read the books. I've been searching for Jin Yong's audio book all alround sydney , but no luck.

All the books are in mandarin. Let me know if you want it.
    Wuxiaworld V2. for more wuxia
    Staff member need at wuxiaworld-PM me for details.

Yeah why not. I could brush up on my mando.

Default wuxia audiobooks?

Does any1 know where I can get any wuxia audiobooks? I remember listening to wuxia stories all the time when i was young and that was over 10 years ago, but it really to hard to find any wuxia audiobooks now. If can help, they'll have my thanks.

edited ( by the way i live in California)
    Last edited by Snapper; 08-31-08 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Does any1 know where I can get any wuxia audiobooks? I remember listening to wuxia stories all the time when i was young and that was over 10 years ago, but it really to hard to find any wuxia audiobooks now. If can help, they'll have my thanks.

edited ( by the way i live in California)

What dialect or language that you can understand?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Sry, I can understand Mandarin. thx for the looking out Han Solo