Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2241

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

sorry to be the burst of bubles but mdwav3 messed up everything, character, storyline, vampire bloodline/eye colors.. end of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    sorry to be the burst of bubles but mdwav3 messed up everything, character, storyline, vampire bloodline/eye colors.. end of discussion.
    Can you be more specific? Oops.. forget to see your end of discussion
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban
    Phew, I'm glad you weren't a moderator or you would have locked the thread there and then.... the day discussion ends is when the forums close.

I do agree with the messing up of vampire eye colors, though. After Xiaoling described it so eloquently in the Song Synasty setting I thought they were going to adhere to the red/green/orange/gray/white/black formula, but it seems they didn't. We suddenly got purple eyes as well....

Having said that, MDWAV2 messed up their eye colours as well.. Luo Li was supposed to have orange eyes if he really was Qin Shihuang, not gray. Unless, of course, the real Qin Shihuang was still at large and Luo Li was just one of his victims - after all, the flashback to Luo Li's face was based on what Fang Tianyou and Ma Xiaoling assumed, and might not be accurate.

well i mean mdwav 3 was good story wise... but its more of its own story if you know what i mean.. the fighting.. levels..characters weren't mdwav.. or it wasn't like 1 or 2.. yuan nam bai hoi(spelling Kenneth's character) is first life before San Boon Yat Fu... if he's vampire in song dynasty then san boon yat fu wouldn't be alive.. they''ve changed the future so future events of mdwav 2 shouldn't have happened the. tian yan went to past but didnt' change anything or thats whats suppose to happened i gues... back to the future time travel made more sense... mess w/ something then something else changes you know.

13 wanted to introduce new things, concepts into the show each time. I is the beginning, but the timeline skewed off into a new reality of II. One might find I & II familiar, actually they are more or less the same as they are parallels. Perhaps people can accept better if there are similarities in there. (Zhenzhen, Jiajia Mansion, everything is like, deja Vu). This makes 3, which sticks out like a sore thumb. People like the feeling II give them and hope that III retain some of II's elements. But as the old saying goes: the higher the hopes, the more would be the disappointment. The conjunctivity of II and III is not done up too well. Or 13 failed to anticipate the acceptance of the audience?

Unlike previous sequels, III is more realistic. Too realistic till it is cruel sometimes. There are more tears than joy. Perhaps it is hoped the audience entering into teens or adulthood can appreciate his efforts to change. But he failed to understand there's always a part of us that is still a child. There's no prank driven Zhengzhong, neither there's a naughty old man kiddo in it. Everything is sombre, filled with death and dispair.
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

For the eyes, there are several possibilities other than the usual, ok he made a mistake; want to cut cost etc. In II the system was Red, Green, Yellow, Grey, White; III: Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, White, Black. As an experienced ghostbuster, Xiaoling can access the potiency of vampires and ranking them according. So there's nothing wrong to change rankings of Grey to Blue since she's the "biggest shot" of Northern Ma now. So she has the liberty of adding a black as well. The ranking aroused from Mas. It could be the Mas job habit of categorising the vampire types for future generation needs.

Even it is cool for a change, an example of a few down the line should be given. ~ the tradition that people loved so much. But in II, the crow and Xufu's dead, to have cameo of any others would increase costs. At least X should be given a yellow, but no. It's an awkward colour - deficiency perhaps. Tianya, Xiaoling both have conflicts in their pangu/fate bloodlines - so purple. Wulei, combined with wolf demon, full silver (flashed only once). The kam priest - cats-eye; ChangEr, a crescent moon. Bupo - mutated vampire, red mutate into white, to confused the audience, but is actually an upgrade of powers. In a nutshell, 13 made too much changes, causing the audience indigestion problems

Those familar with part I, would know all (powerful) vampires donned purple iris then.

As for Laili, I had an explanation long ago in Baidu. So like Ian Liew said, he actually bit Laili. My version elaborated Laili is actually one of his would be imposters to divert the attention of tomb raiders. He would switch tombs with him when the time comes so that his body would remain untouched. To achieve this plot, Laili need to go through lots of ettiqutte training as a king etc. This is in conjunction with the building of Qin's Tomb which started early on Shihuang's reign.

When LingEr's death, Xufu hinted the Mas would pursue this matter. Laili was summoned and bitten. It was Laili who freigned death during Shihuang's survey of "沙丘平台". He had to "die" (to fool the public) and rise (to attract the Mas). The Mas not knowing who bit Shihuang, simply chased after Laili, since he appeared before them. Thus, the real Shihuang went scot free.
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 09-24-06 at 11:50 PM.

Hi, Mido-ban

Bupo can die and reincarnate back to the timeline in Sung as SBYF. Actually in II, if previous life of Ah Dum (Jinx) is really the Buddha being punished, then it already hinted on non-linearity. In Part I, the karmatic effect of the Buddha should comes after Jul 1999. But Bruce Lee died in Jul 1973...

We are not sure whether manipulative effects will produce non-linear effects which cancels each other into not changing anything in II. Besides, Xiaoling's travel did not matter as everything began and disappeared in Zuxian itself. Same goes for Jiantou, he is not a part of History in that sense.

Bupo said: History is not to be trusted.

Fate is an entity out of the 3 realms. Possibly he can see non-linearity of events and results as if it were a book. Who knows. Possibly thats why he knew Pangu's plan all along. With that, he can manipulate II's events to ensure the possiblity of getting "Eternal Paradise".

Maybe you are too accustomed to Back To The Future (BTTF)'s "mess w/ something then something else changes". That is, if one thinks by playing with time, he is god. What if I tell you, there's a pair of eyes out there laughing at your attempt, that anything you do will not change the outcome. His outcome. And we are nothing but~

Only Human (The Matrix, Agent Smith)

Tianya? Yes. She didn't changed anything; Fate did the arrangement (but didnt know it led to his downfall). Remember Zhenzhen said, a normal human being, if give another chance he would still make the same mistake. Same goes to Xiaoling, Tianyou. Although they are vampires then, they were humans. Their habitual tendency to select a choice will not change. (Thats why they made the same choice not to attend the fight in the 1st place) When Fate give them another chance. They can rethink their choices. This time they choose to believe in faith. By enagaging in the Crusade, they caused the timeline to skew into a new reality.

yeah i understand 13 adding new mechanicas to 3 but people or most people don't understand the complex storyline which gave 3 bad ratings... i understand everything about fate/sanboonyatfu/time travel etc but i was trying to say people seen back to the future and probably thought the time travel should be like that.
    the reason i like three is its complex storyline you can keep adding new stories, heroes, villains, etc.. just the fighting choregraphy suck big time as well as the graphics... even though they have a time limit but man don't make the fighitn bad... i think the producer of 3 thought that twin of brothers fighting system/matrix style was good and tried it in mdwav 3 but it didn't work b/c the graphics/choregraphy was too badly done. at least tob had nice fights scenes w/matrix effect. also the clothing was too rock n roll style... eric with eye liners didn't look right... his look on mdwav 2 lv 2 even looked better. kenneth seems like a rock nroll star... adn the eye beam thingy was sort of corny btwn marks and alice character when they fought. mdwav 2 had nice fighting chorgraphy and you see there movements etc.
    but yeah i undestand the changes of eye colors of differe levels/mutuation/etc just mdwav 3 didn't seem mdwav. like what most people think... now a adays people want to see awesome graphics, fighting, sexy/handsome actors/actress... mdwav 3 seems to focus more on family i mean benny's character ultra man^_^ i mean it was pretty funny but it was really corny. and why did siulings apartment became the forget ti bar? hpefully they make a part 4 to make up for this mess of 3. like i post long ago have more new pop stars into the series to bring back up... nic tse, donnie yen(let him choregrapher the fights), shawn yue, hu ge, ekin cheng, ariel lin, ady ahn, lie yie fei, etc... just take the whole casting of Chinese Paladin / Tian WEi Fei xian and make this series worth watching... teens like eye catchy not wisdom.

If your concern is with the actress not being hot popstars, cant really help you with that. Possibly ATV cant help either, with their low budget. Those stars are too expensive. Anyway, MDWAV didnt started with the intention of making it an idol show. Neither will it be for the subsequent sequels. If hoping for eye candy in IV, you'll have high chances of disappointment.

To me a good plot is already sufficient. Nice actors, fighting scenes are just the "leaves of a peony". If the script is good, we can really understand by getting better actors, the ratings will surely go up. Too many lousy, lame dramas as many as actors who are expensive but cant act these days. In contrast, A good script is hard to come by.

With explosives probably banned, or expensive to get in HK, the worse thing that could ever happen is to find poorly done up CGs. Heard they used high end technologies making all of them, but sadly it didnt turn out too well. The action moves were not "anime-styled" but lamely pulling ropes here and there. What's lacking is their camera focal points are not as perfect as in II. As such the expressions, which tells a lot is not protrayed. So now we're talking about the whole production team. As above said, once there is a good plot is there, a cooperative team comes next. "No need to be expensive, but must be full of love" (Sorry MingRi )

Probably I can only help with this:
    "...and why did siulings apartment became the forget ti bar?"

It's waiting bar. Fusheng used Xiaoling's name to buy the bar (which comes with an apartment above; somewhat like a shophouse). After the 2001 crisis, guess Fusheng shifted all Ling Ling Tang's things over to that place. Perhaps its near his new school. There's no point in living in Jiajia anymore. All the critical ppl is either dead or moved out. Fusheng need feed himself too.
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 09-25-06 at 02:22 AM.

YEAH! 100 PAGES! TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!!!

If they bring the whole cast of chinese paladin and chinese/HK popstar in, I will certain not watch the series. They can make another no brainer vampire series with easy to understand storyline starring these teeny bobpers, but please don't mess up MDWAV. MDWAV uniqueness is its depth, its unconvention idea about time and space and the universe. Also MDWAV is an ATV creation. It should consist of mostly ATV actors. Honestly, I really really dislike ATV series where the majority are import actors. If I want to see these mainland, Taiwanese, Korean actors, I would have watch mainland, Taiwan, Korean series. I watch ATV series to see ATV actors. Some import actors are ok, but they should not occupy all important roles and leaving bit parts to ATV actors.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-27-06 at 11:30 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I agree with you about the actors, Kidd... There's no point in watching ATV unless most major characters are played by ATV actors. And the important thing is really the script. Non-ATV actors are probably going to waste a lot of money, and they don't really help ratings all that much. Script+Good production team can turn a no-namer into a big star.

Recently, I watched mainland's blockbuster comedy, Crazy Stone. Very crazy, very entertaining! Really, who needs a well-known star (or even a big budget), when you plot is THAT GOOD! (An aside, how come that former ATV star in Crazy Stone is no longer in ATV? I think he's a pretty good actor, but I forgot his name...)

Go 100 pages!

Default Are there really only 5 green-eyed vampires?

Thumbs down

I've watched 1-2 only but not yet finish the 3rd one. I must say that I am really disappointed in the 3rd installment...it just doesn't make sense, and it goes off in many tangents. One of the worst series I've seen in a long time, if it wasn't for the main characters, I wouldn't even bother see it.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Which part doesn't make sense?

I like part one and two much better than part 3. Love Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by tieulinh
    I like part one and two much better than part 3. Love Joey.
    I like part I most despite the open ending and the rather funny makeup at the end for Eric, Kenneth and the bad guy in red ; part two has one or two cases which are not really fantastic and the obsession of Simon's character for the goddess becomes tiresome after some time but I really like how they link the hero and heroine back to the Qin dynasty, futher emphasizing their romance with their previous lives (love Joey's image during the Qin dynasty). Part II is also more emotional with the sacrifices of Chapman and Angie.

I am disappointed that part III shifts its focuses away from Eric, Joey and Kenneth. Other characters seem to have too much screen time and I really don't understand the significance of Mr X (or whatever he is called in the show). And of course, the ending.......at least we knew the chances to have part II was quite high when we saw the open ending for the first series but I have doubts of ATV producing part IV (at least with the original casting of Eric, Joey and Kenneth) yet the ending of part III leaves much to be desired.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wusiaobo
    Which part doesn't make sense?
    lol...almost the whole story. I get some parts but then it just goes off with something strange. Forgive me but I think this is definitely the weirdest series (3rd part) I've ever seen, I've never seen a series like this before (how is it even related the title "My date with a vampire". I don't understand why there's so much mythology in this series, I think they try to make it so complex that it just ticks the audience off) The first and second installment was much more interesting.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

So I suppose your viewing sequence is I, II, III? Perhaps mine is a bit different from yours...

Mine is I........II..........................III, I, II, III, II, I and still watching now.
    Where the "...."s represents the time period. Does it matter? Sure does!

See, my part I is so very far away from III till the point that the success of I does not even matter to me. (In fact, I find I too dialogue intensive, too many unnecessary dialogues; II is better presented) I am able to watch III with an open mind.

If I had watched in a chronological manner, the presentation of II will definitely outshine III. As, in my opinion, II is the best presented show in the series. The show which was produced with lotsa "love". III seems to lack in that, thus is thought to be a failure. There are too many factors that caused III to be what it is. But it was never meant to be. It could have been better. Thus a III, I II combination would be the best as one leaves the best for the last.

Yet, by the film's suggestion, we should not consider I. As II is a parallel of I, thus the proper timeline starts in II -> III end. Problem is, too many people lingered with the feelings in I, thus find III unacceptable.

The fact is, I, II and III is really connected. III wraps up the trilogy by exploring into the plot of Fate. With this, if one re-reference it to I and II. It makes much more sense. Yet it takes much more brainjuice to churn on the facts, and mostly audiences are just aiming for entertainment value. III thus stick out like a sore thumb.

j-walker, the whole trilogy is very tied-up together. If you dont specify which areas are strange or plot holes, its hard to accept III is indeed a mind opener. Ok, since there are so many questions on III, I shall post a (ultra long) post later to show that the III is even connected to I.
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 10-11-06 at 10:03 PM.

wusiaobo, you work harder than I do on MDWAV...