Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2241

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

haha.... pillars
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

yeah i understand now but it seems so irrelevent..i mean if they have part 4 they can input what they've forgotten in 3 into 4 and clear up everything. and levels of vampire sort of confuse me..i mean in part 1 i remember uncle kau said tian yau and fok san and san boon yat fu were considered 1st gen or level 1 vampire...then in part 2 they were level 2 while jang san was level 1? but wasn't jang san the 1st vamp to come to earth? so that would just make him god since tian yau at the end became same level but was still weaker then he was...man i wish there was part 4 miss the eric x joey and kenneth x kristy...jing jong(siu lings student) should make a come back, actually like how in part 1 and 2 they given him a love story and considering he dies as level 3 vampire sucking up fresh blood should've made him strong while knowing some of siu lings magic...miss ma ding dong too..btw that is true how usually the 3rd sequel of some series or movie are usually like a remake of the 1st part...take dragonball gt for example, story was back to kid goku etc...legend of sword and fairy pc game, story went back to li xiao yao etc...rush hour 3 was basically part 1 with more comedy and barely any action..i can keep going but each trilogy was basically good but us viewers are usually in love with the first 2 sequels right? man atv should do another mdwav...watching The X Family(tiawanese drama) reminds me so much of MDWAV the way their hair is highlighed and contact lenses etc... so cool...well heres opening song if x family for those who dont know what it is, its bascially part 2 of tiawan series KO One.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-6IPOj99vo

And don't forget the unique abilities that most vampires were granted in MDWAV I and II. By III, while Tian Yau still has his uncanny speed everyone else was stuck with the basic package.

yeah thats true...tian yau had his speed, fok san had magic, mei lau shoot energy beams from her fingers i guess, other guy(forgot his name) has magic since he was a mage, other dude was fast as well, lei lok was able to copy any technique and get stronger and stronger, sanboon yat fu had healing abilities which transfers to someone else(well u can call that an ability i guess), mr x dude goes into peoples dreams, man what wouldve been jing jongs? tian ai i guess had super strenght since she punched the god dragon and killed it, mr.x somehow was able to withstand tian yaus punch?, other vampires should've had their own abilities even tho they were level 5 and so forth since in mdwav 2 in the beginning the level 3or5 lady was able to turn into a spawn cape thingy and fly off, then the european vampire lady was able to turn big, and the king that was turn into the vampire was able to turn into a tornado of bats, it really never shown any other vampires with special abilities which was why mdwav 2 was cool...made it x-men like...btw how come those vampires bitten by the Dream Vampire guy was so more zombie like then vampire like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    btw how come those vampires bitten by the Dream Vampire guy was so more zombie like then vampire like?
    Maybe it takes awhile before a vampire regain his senses after being sired.

that why i never understood that part...i mean the dream vamp was level 2 or 3 so biting those other vampires they would've been 3 or 4 unless they bit each other then they would've been weaker. man but miss the whole idea of each vampire having different abilities made the series more interesting since everyone had different techniques and stuff.

Never thought of the zombie problems myself...
    Well, the way I see it is depends on the level of vampire blood remains in the body:

Since Jiangchen dont need to drink blood - the "vampire virus" is first spread via his fangs only. Once Human blood + vampire blood they forces within to overcome each other to gain possession of the body. (see MDWAV III conflict of bloodlines) If %vampire blood >>> human blood, their sanity is lost - simply walking zombies.

Damoto loves Weilai to suck her dry possible makes her one generation lower, rather than his degraded prison zombies.
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

ok so your saying the less blood the vampire who bitten them drinks the more sanity the bitten person has? so to turn someone into a stronger vampire or mean a vampire 1 gen less of theres they basically just bite them and barely drink any blood right? that makes sense...i have a question u guys know in chinese series the director/producer etc when making the series film it all at once then add cgi graphics etc...how come they dont do it like the americans and film each episode one by one so whatever ratings the series gets they can change it depending on critics and fanservice? i mean look at how most series are now a days...the're usually lack story good acting mostly cgi now a days...take ROTCH 06 for example...i personally like the series still...but it think it would've been better if they were to do each episode one at a time so to see what audiences/critics thinks then change the episode upon what ratings they get...i know the problem is getting all the actors/actress together but i think if they do it this way it makes its easier i mean look at what happened here in mdwav3..joey got injured so they had to slow down production changing the script etc...it would've been better just to actually write the whole script, then after ratings etc proceed onwards with the next episode so audiences and fans wont be disappointed u know...just something i notice when watching westerns and eastern series.

Hmmm... I have notice that as well especially for "Lost"... the storyline seems to bring new surprises each squel. But actually I presume the directors have a master plot which he'd hope the audience didnt guess. This actually spurs the views to discuss what would happen each series than to sit back and see the show like an ordinary soap opera.

Thats why III really surprise me with the plot. Later I am further impressed that it wasnt the original plot that was installed.

But if MDWAV were to follow the western style, the cost would be quite high as the actors are on standby all the time for the director to insert new scripts. Something I reckon ATV will not be interested in trying. They rather go by the old method: Good script > calculate budget > ok film it > audience, take it or leave it
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

yeah i actually like the storyline of mdwav3 as well just dislike the bad cgi and action scenes...only fightin scene good was eric vs kenneth on the building then they go grab a bite to eat and fight again...yeah its always about the budget problem i was just saying the ways the americans do their series is actually good u know...get cast get the script ready film for episode then hear out the ratings etc then go from there...if the series is bad they get canceled if good it keeps going.it'll be pretty cool if some chinese company copy the americans i mean like u said, plot twist can occur anytime and new characters can always be added if something happens to the main actors...its like how u watch chinese series, each episode is connected to another like it doesnt show any pauses it just keeps going second by second to the next...but in americans series it goes to different time skip or either the ep is to be continued and takes place exactly where the last episode left off...doing that you can basically always insert episodes anywhere u want later on to follow the story..hope u know what i m saying.

I get what you mean

But it's the "central plot" that is important. The "clips" shouldnt run off too far from the intended story. What impressed me (quoting from "Lost" again) is the director is able to plan some scenes in advance that aheres to the story flashbacks as and when the story can be inserted. This gives the audience the confidence that "hey, the director, writer knows what he/she is doing" not blindly forced into submission by ratings/unforseen circumstances. He can creatively manipulate the scenes into another wonderful twist without affecting his own ideas.

----Possible spoiler-----
    Take MDWAV III for example: the world destruction plot does not change. Maybe only "Jiantou did not become a vampire", "Changer did not become fat", "Tianya is not a star", Final fight portions reduced, Renwang&Shengmu portions increased etc etc.

I suppose III has tried its best but perhaps the ATV management needs some new and creative ways to make a classic shine. Again, I think your idea is good and ATV should give a thought about it

does anyone know where i can download MDWAV 1 in viet.

sorry cutey but try checking ur local vietnamese/cambodian store they should have it....btw was watching mdwav 2 after watching part 1...and then remembered part 3...remember how in 3 jing tao(arrow head) was the past life of Fong Tian Yau, so Jing Tao is he the past life of Grandson FTY or Grandpa FTY aka Fong Kwok Wah(spelling)? well if u think about JT had to be past life of grandson since he died in the future hence grandson fty died by Lau Lei(spelling King vampire of ching dynasty is he?)...

well anyways its feels good to be watching the whole trilogy all over again...now i m actually thinking if a MDWAV 4 doesn't come out, why not make a prequel to MDWAV 2? i mean showing how grandpa TY lived his life after being bitten by CS, his love life with Ah Sau, what he went thru and how he ended up in england or how did CS ended up in england as well....then showing grandson FTY's romance with Siu Ling or how Siu Ling trained to become the ghost hunter etc....

i mean all great series...anime...movies....dramas when creating a prequel, it usually make the series even more better since ur going to know what is going to happen at the end or who the characters ends up with....its builds up the drama making it dramatic....ex rurouni kenshin....after watching samurai x ova 1, it made me feel so sad about how kenshin went thru life killing then killing his beloved....hopefully mdwav will have a prequel to part 2 or u can say real sequel that continues right after where part 1 left off...whta do u guys think?

[QUOTE=Mido-Ban;739146]sorry cutey but try checking ur local vietnamese/cambodian store they should have it....btw was watching mdwav 2 after watching part 1...and then remembered part 3...remember how in 3 jing tao(arrow head) was the past life of Fong Tian Yau, so Jing Tao is he the past life of Grandson FTY or Grandpa FTY aka Fong Kwok Wah(spelling)? well if u think about JT had to be past life of grandson since he died in the future hence grandson fty died by Lau Lei(spelling King vampire of ching dynasty is he?)...

Jiantou --> Fong Kwok Wah, not his grandson.

See my explanation on the 4th floor:
    http://vampsub.faydot.com/wp-forums/...rum=7&topic=28

If Jiantou is Fong Kwok Wah's grandson's past life, its impossible for him to have the visage...
    Last edited by wusiaobo; 09-08-07 at 01:57 AM.

Hi,
    Does anyone have a link to download the opening theme song of MDWAV 2? I've looked everywhere and couldn't find it. Please post the link here or send it to [email protected]. Thanks.

Default Possible Revival of Vampire Series? Joey Meng and Thirteen Chan's Return?

Since the change of ownership, ATV has been trying to change its image. With an increase of production budget, a mdwav fan like me would really want to see the continuation of this series. This month, Joey Meng and her husband, screenwriter Thirteen Chan reappeared in ATV's studio for an interview. They talked about how they started dating and more... if you know cantonese or you can read chinese, you can watch the shortened youtube clip uploaded by ATV on their interview.

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=L2k-vgcHQ-w

Will they come back to produce better TV shows for ATV? Who knows...

that's cool. but i think mdwav won't be good if eric and joey don't reprise their roles. reason series was good because of these actors/actress playing their role. like i stated before, it'll still be cool to watch if they use pop stars like nic tse, edison chen, hu ge, shawn yue, stephen fung etc for the roles since they have those cool suave look and know martial arts the very lease, but i think that'll cost too much or something.

it's like the x family. reminded me alot of mdwav but didn't like how the comedy or most of the sub actors. but overall it was good since the characters transformation looks cool like mdwav.

i do hope they make a sequel still so many unanswered questions, and even tho some you could make assumptions, i rather have it in the story. like those stars people from mdwav became the pillars or something. i rather have that story back in again since that red blood demon was to come back to kill the kill that swordsmen beloved and drain her blood etc. i think part 3 didn't do good b/c of the cgi, story complex for some people. i like how 1 and 2 used more chinese forklore myth etc, hence 3 used adam eve thingy more american.

Anything that brings Joey Meng out of hiding and back in front of the cameras is good news as far as I'm concerned.

Default mary

do anyone know the actual name of little mary in part2?

man i hope there s a sequel or remake....anything with my date with vampire...actions, drama, comedy....my favorite type of series....but man i just wish some of those pop stars i mention would be in a sequel...i can imagine hu ge and nic tse battling it out. joey meng doing some cool jutsu lol...n man i miss pinky so much...she look so hot in 2, dressing different styles..

currently finished watchin 1 n 2 again, now onto 3. i hope a sequel come out soon...regardless of reviews, or fans, as long as they make a sequel i don't see them losing money.