Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

SPOILER FOR EPISODE 23 - 24. PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW.

Just saw episode 23 -24. Found Jin Tau (Arrow Head)'s love for Ma Siu Ling very touching, thinking that his love for her could rival even Tin Yau's.

Particularly touching scene :

after she had let go her final "lung hei" (dragon force) to save Jin Tau who was battling the black dragon (made out of 3000 year of hatred from spirits killed by the Ma clan). Siu Ling crashed to the ground as with the "lung Hei" gone, the vampire poison is penetrating her body.....

Jin Tau : Siu Ling, you must hold on....

Siu Ling : I can't hold on any longer...

Jin Tau : You must!, do you know what day today is? This is the 100th day after you have brought me back from Sung Dynasty. The peace string which you tied for me will break soon, unless I found something worth for me to stay on. I can tell you know, I have found it. It is you, Ma Siu Ling.

(Siu Ling understood and looked at Jin Tau sorrowfully, Jin Tau yanked and broke the "ping onn" stiring from around his neck)

He took Siu Ling's hand and tie the "ping onn" string around her hand instead.

Jin Tau : This is the string which you tied for me to wish me save. Now, I tie it around your hand to keep you save. I don't have any power but what this string has is the strength of love I have for you.

(He took her into his arms.....)

Siu Ling : If it is Tin Yau, he would not be so brave.
    (I think she means so forward with his feelings for her)

Jin Tau : I am not Tin Yau, I am Jin Tau.

Another touching scene.

Two men loving one woman. Both Jin Tau and Tin You tried with all their might to save the woman they love. This is the conversation which Tin Yau had with Jin Tau after they had temporarily save Siu Ling in Episode 24. Tin Yau is trying to leave and Jin Tau is trying to get him to stay.

Tin Yau : I have my previous life here to look after them (meaning siu ling and fook sang), I know they are in good hands.

Jin Tau : Jin Tau is Jin Tau, Fong Tin Yau is Fong Tin Yau. I am here because I have a mission to prevent Shing Mo and Yan Wong from destroying the world and I will be here until I am completed my mission.

Tin Yau : You are also here because you want to protect Siu Ling. Whether it is Jin Tau or Fong Tin Yau, both can lay down their lives because of Ma Siu Ling...... Which means that Jin Tau and Fong Tin Yau's love for Ma Siu Ling is the same.

This life (talking about himself), previous life (talking about Jin Tau), at the same time, at the same moment loves the same woman.....

I AM ADMIRING JIN TAU MORE AND MORE. HE IS MUCH MORE STRAIGHTFORWARD ABOUT HIS FEELING FOR SIU LING. HE IS NOT AFRAID TO ADMIT EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS THE DEPTH OF SIU LING'S FEELINGS FOR TIN YAU.

TIN YAU TOOK SO LONG TO ACKNOWLEDGED HIS FEELINGS FOR HER.

Thanks for the dialogue... Watched the chinese version didn't understand it, thanks for the translation all I kept on hearing is ""you must. you must". Aww thats so sweet

Banned

How the hell Pinky became alive in 2004? Back in Ancient time, Kenneth is a vampire, NOT Pinky. She got kill and die, he did not bite her? How she still alivein 2004?

SPOILER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    How the hell Pinky became alive in 2004? Back in Ancient time, Kenneth is a vampire, NOT Pinky. She got kill and die, he did not bite her? How she still alivein 2004?
    After her death, ngok wan ping (the girl that Kenneth likes) in a letter, gave him her "wing hang sum soh" (forever bracelet - loose translation). Yuen Ngan Pat Poh put the bracelet on his sister and she opened her eyes. She is technically dead as she does not have any breathing nor pulse but as a zombie (lovely one at that) she was her brother's only companion for 800+ years.

Default what is tian ai actors real name?

what is the actor who play tian ai's real name? and can anyone tell me where i could find a picture of her as a vampire with that tattoo on her face? she looks really awesome ^^

Hey there everyone

Currently watching this serie as well and I'm on tape 8 or something like that. When I started watching the serie I wasn't really fond of it. Didn't like some of the things giong on and the scenes in ancient times sorta bored me a bit. But with tapes 5 and up it got better. I like MDWAV in modern times more. Watching the three (Joey, Eric, and Cheung Kwok Kuen) reunite was really cute and funny. Espically seeing Eric trying to adapt to modern times.

I'm excited to get more tapes since tape 8 left it at a hanging place and that was quite an interesting story going on. I do hope to see more of the castings soon and to get more info on the story as it progresses.

Gosh, I wish that Remus' role wouldn't have ended so quickly!!!! I wonder if he'll reappear? I'm thinking not, but there is hope

Also the actress that plays Fong Tin Ai is Kylie Kwok As for the picture with the tatoo on her face, can't help you there, but I'm sure others can. Maybe try the home page for MDWAV3?
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

sweet thanks for telling met he name btw.. what is the mdwav3 site link?? im not sure what episode im up to but i missed the start cause id dint know it was on air. i started watching where that ghost girl at the start starts killing people now im up to the part where ma siuling is a vampire.^^

Oh man.. really thanks alot for this author who wrote this story ...
    its really 1 of the best shows i have watched ...
    Tian Ai ... her smiles are so sweet...
    well ... add me in msn [email protected] if you are a fan of it too...
    join #My-Date-With-A-Vampire channel on mirc galaxynet ...
    Q is coming soon on my channel ... hope you guys support...

whoa..so many mdwav fans, what do you guys think? Mdwav 1,2 or 3??
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by goddessofhonour
    Gosh, I wish that Remus' role wouldn't have ended so quickly!!!! I wonder if he'll reappear? I'm thinking not, but there is hope ?
    I think he will reappear later. In the credit, there's 2 names under Remus, 1 is Lau Sing which is the ancient guy who died, while another is Nick. So, I think he will reappear in modern times.

Anyway, I love Fook Sang (Cheung Kwok Kuen). He is so funny. This guy has waited to so long to grow up physically that he is totally living his life to the fullest and enjoying his teenage life. Thus, his childish like actions. He really act more like a teenager than a 70 year old man. No wonder Siu Ling treat him like a kid instead of an adult even though she knows his real age

Yeun Ngan But Por (Kenneth Chan) is also cool with his one-liners and his foverever calm demeanor. He can still stay cool while being bashed by Arrow Head (Eric Wan).

I'm up to episode 12. That Kara really annoys the hell out of me. This woman always blows-up and scolds people unreasonably whenever anyone dare to go against Sky. This woman don't have a mind of her own. She just backup Sky and agree with everything he does or say without thinking. Even when she was proven wrong and she herself knew it, she still try to shift the blame to Siu Ling. She hates Siu Ling because Sky does so. She disagree with Siu Ling because Sky does so. I think that if Sky agrees with Siu Ling, she will do the same and if sky respect Siu Ling, she will do so too. But if Sky loves Siu Ling, I think Kara will hate Siu Ling even more.

On the other hand, I like Sky. Yes, he is proud, stubborn and rebellious and he screwed up a lot because of his refusal to follow the leader. But he has a mind of his own and he has a conscience. And he didn't go shouting at people when he dislike or disagree with that person. He just gives that person a stare or a haughty look or just walk of. Even when he talk back at that person he didn't shout and scream like Kara.

SPOILER BELOW. BEWARE !!!

Writer Chan Sup Sam must be a science fiction fan. MDWAV series uses so many theories in science fiction.

1) THEORY 1 - YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR PAST / TIME CAN BE BACK TRACKED
    Fong Kok Wah / Tin Yau uses this at the end of MDWAV 1 when he wishes to Buddha for himself and San Bun Yat Fu to never have been bitten by Cheung San. When he does this, time was back tracked and Siu Ling, Zhen Zhen, Jing Jung, etc. never died in MDWAV1

2) THEORY 2 - MOTHER NATURE WILL RIGHT ITSELF (YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE FATE)
    MDWAV 2 - Even though Fong Kok Wah / Tin Yau wishes for himself not to have been bitten by Cheung Sun at that particular point in time in MDWAV1, he was bitten later, to show that whatever that is fated to happen, will happen, for mother nature will try to right the flow of time.

Things which happen resulting from this "correction method" may be worse than the 1st time. Consequences of trying to fight fate. (Ironic that Chan Sup Sam will use this as a main story point in MDWAV 3)

3) THEORY 3 - YOU CAN CHANGE THE COURSE OF HISTORY BUT TECHNICALLY IT HAS HAPPENED AND THUS ON A SUBCONCIOUS LEVEL, YOU KNOW....
    MDWAV 2 - Fong Kok Wah / Tin Yau wishes that he was never bitten at end of MDWAV 1 (bringing all in MDWAV 1 to the begining) and thus technically he and siu ling never met till MDWAV 2. However, Siu Ling fell in love with the real Tin Yau (Fong Kok Wah's grandson) because on a subconcious level, he reminded her of Fong Kok Wah.

Remember MDWAV1 ended with Siu Ling and Tin Yau meeting each other in Waiting Bar? we can assume that the person Siu Ling met is actually the grandson and not the grandfather but Siu Ling on a subconscious level is attracted to the real Tin Yau because he resembles his grandfather. Subconsciously, Siu Ling "remember" Kok Wah because they had an alternate history together. This again is what happens in MDWAV 3. This is what sky means when he said "you might dissapear from my memory but the love you leave in my heart will always remain". - You might forget the person but you will not "forget" the love you have for the person.

This is also why a lot of people do not understand the conversation which Siu Ling had with the real Tin Yau on the roof top just before he leaves for heavan. The real Tin Yau said "We never really belonged to each other, we were pulled together because of some meddling and confusion caused by some things..... some people... "

4) TO A CERTAIN EXTEND, ALL IS FATED
    In the "big picture", all is fated.

MDWAV 3 - When Tin Ngai entered the Waiting Bar the first time in 2024. She touched a panel of wood with the inscribings "You might dissapear from my memory but the love you leave in my heart will always remain". This shows that it is already "fated" for her to travel to the past and fall in love with Sky as the inscribings is present in 2024. It is already in the big picture of "TIME HISTORY" for all these to happen and thus the saying... "TO A CERTAIN EXTEND, ALL IS FATED".

Sorry for all the ramblings but is just impressed with Chan Sup Sam for his imagination.

However, I think that even Chan Sup Sam has several loopholes. This is because he uses conflicting theories in all the MDWAV series.

For example, theory of reincarnation failed. If Jin Tau (previous life) became the family Ma Dragon, technically there should not be a present life Tin Yau for without the begining, how can there be a present?

However, I think Chan Sup Sam knows his own limitation because he tried to "explain" it away. Do you remember the conversation Mr. Tin Yat had with Yuen Ngan Pat Poh on San Pun Yat Fu? He let Yuen Ngan Pat Poh know that San Pun Yat Fu and him is the same person and Yuen Ngan Pat Poh said "how can he be my reincarnation when I am right here? and Mr. Tin Yat just replied mysteriously "Some things may confuse you now but when you finally realised how they can be, you will later laugh at your own naiveness".

ANYWAY, GOTTA STOP NOW. SORRY IF THE RAMBLINGS HAS OFFENDED ANYONE BUT JUST THOUGHT THAT I'LL GET IT OFF MY CHEST.

Chan 13 must also be a comic fan. The character of Ma Siu Ling is definitely inspired by the japanese manga character GS Mikami. When I first watched MDWAV1 the resemblance was uncanny. Mikami is a powerful ghost sweeper who wears short mini skirt and use a rod as her main weapon. She is also very money-minded and rich. Mikami also has a male student who is younger than her. She doesn't have a nice best friend like Siu Ling did, but Mikami has a very nice ghost helper.

The daughter coming from the future who hates her mom and loves her dad reminds me of the plot in Sailormoon. Sailor Chibi Moon comes from the future and she is really fond of her dad but is sometimes quite often hostile toward her mom.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-31-04 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steffy
    However, I think Chan Sup Sam knows his own limitation because he tried to "explain" it away. Do you remember the conversation Mr. Tin Yat had with Yuen Ngan Pat Poh on San Pun Yat Fu? He let Yuen Ngan Pat Poh know that San Pun Yat Fu and him is the same person and Yuen Ngan Pat Poh said "how can he be my reincarnation when I am right here? and Mr. Tin Yat just replied mysteriously "Some things may confuse you now but when you finally realised how they can be, you will later laugh at your own naiveness".
    Strange. That is not the reply Tin Yat gave in my version. In my version he just said, "that means u will die sooner or later".

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Strange. That is not the reply Tin Yat gave in my version. In my version he just said, "that means u will die sooner or later".
    He said that in my version as well but later. Earlier there is another sentence. I also noticed that there are some disimilarities in the VCDs distributed. In Malaysia there are 2 sets of VCDs available. One is the official ATV distribution of 36 tapes. Then, there is the pirated copies of 38.

It seems that ATV cut a few seconds here and there in the TV version. In some cases, longer and more important scenes were cut too, leaving things to the viewers' imagination (eg. Chan-sir's retribution).

Quote Originally Posted by hola!
    It seems that ATV cut a few seconds here and there in the TV version. In some cases, longer and more important scenes were cut too, leaving things to the viewers' imagination (eg. Chan-sir's retribution).
    Chan-sir got what he deserves. In the version I seen, Sheng Mo brought Oi Lai Si to Chan-sir's room. She let Chan-Sir know that she is there to reward him for his evilness with a present. She put the music box on the table and Oi Lai Si came out. Chan Sir tried to scream for help but no one seemed to be able to hear him. Chan-Sir was killed by Oi Lai Si and turned into a shadow.

By the time the SDU came in, all they find is Chan-Sir's shadow on the floor.

It seems that ATV made many version of the series. As have been mentioned beore, part of the anwer Tin Yat gave Yuan Ngan But Por is cut off in the version I watch. But my version has the full conversation between Fook Sang and that guy whose bike Siu Ling stole which people who watch the HK version said scene was cut. So, the M'sia official version(Cantonese) is not the same as the HK TV version (Cantonese) as well.

Btw, which character did Mango Wong play?

Chan 13 might have read a DC Comics maxiseries from the 1980s called CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS. Lots of interesting time travel paradoxes there.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    It seems that ATV made many version of the series. As have been mentioned beore, part of the anwer Tin Yat gave Yuan Ngan But Por is cut off in the version I watch. But my version has the full conversation between Fook Sang and that guy whose bike Siu Ling stole which people who watch the HK version said scene was cut. So, the M'sia official version(Cantonese) is not the same as the HK TV version (Cantonese) as well.

Btw, which character did Mango Wong play?
    She played Siu Ling's mum.

mine should be cut off too... my cantonese version...
    when fate see the tian shu ... then suddenly jump to i can change fate...
    is this the orginial ??