Page 15 of 113 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I seem to have a lot of favourite characters from this series. Never have so many when I watch other series.

Fong Tin Yau appear too little yet for me to determine. Dunno how his character will be like in part 3. I like the Fong Tin Yau in part 1 but not the Fong Tin Yau in part 2.

Is Ma Siu Fu going to have a relationship with Mo Yau or Seung Ngor? From the look of episode 20, it seems that he will have a relationship with Seung Ngor. I hope not. I want him to be with Mo Yau.
    POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!

Ma Siu Fu had a semi-relationship with Seung Ngor and not Mo Yau.

I love Fong Tin Yau in Part 3. He understood his feelings for Ma Siu Ling in Episode 3 and thus not as "Toh Lei Tai Sui" in Episode 3. In Episode 1, he went with Wong Zhen Zhen because everyone asked him to do so. He is never clear on what he feels for Siu Ling until they ended up in Japan together and when he fell into the "Ching Kai" (love trap), his deepest wish is to spend his life with Siu Ling as a "normal couple". Even then, he still continue with Zhen Zhen because it is the right thing to do and only told Siu Ling he loved her right at the end, just before she dies.

Siu Ling : If I die, would you turn me into a vampire?

Tin Yau : No, I would never do that?

Siu Ling : Why?

Tin Yau : Because I love you, I would not turn someone I love into a vampire and suffer like I do. Teach me what to do, I do not want to turn you into a vampire but I also do not want you to die.

In MDWAV 2, he is slightly better but only slightly. He only knew he does not love Zhen Zhen just before Zhen Zhen dies because Zhen Zhen said "If you do not love me, then don't bite me". He finally realised that he does not love Zhen Zhen and thus in the end did not bite her. However, he only knew he loves Siu Ling when Siu Ling is about to die from Nine Tail Fox attack and he told her "Zhen Zhen said not to bite her if I don't love her, I have decided to bite you instead".

However, even then, he did not tell Siu Ling outright he loves her until the last episode when she appeared to have die.

In MDWAV 3, Siu Ling and him are always confident of each other's love. They know they love each other, there is no second guessing. In addition, they is also the knowledge that they have a daughter and that further strengten their love.

Of course Tin Yau in MDWAV3 is sure of his love for Siu Ling. Their love is the continuation from MDWAV2. All uncertainties and doubts have already been sorted out in part 2.

The reason I like Tin Yau in part 1 more than part 2 has nothing to do with romance. The Tin Yau in part 1 is stronger mentally and emotionally. Tin Yau in part 1 actually make himself useful to society even though he is a vampire. He became a police officer and keep the city safe. In part 2, he just know how to wallow in self-pity and being all depressive and drink himself silly while little Fook Sang has to work as a child actor to support both himself and Tin Yau. I found the Tin Yau is part 2 a very emotionally weak person. Only in the later part of the series he buck up.

Maybe because our priority is different. Romance is not the all-encompassing, most-importing-espect-of-all in a series for me. Series that has focus too much on romance that it neglect everything else bores me (which is the case for most TVB series) unless the series is a romance series (dunno why, but if the main theme of a series is romance, I don't have a problem with it. It's those series that are supposed to be wuxia, cop, doctors, lawyer but focus on romance that I have a problem with). So, how deeply or surely a character love is not the only determining factor whether I like the character or not. That is also why I don't really have a problem of ZWJ being wishy-washy because his kindness and compassion to people and his willingness to give up revenge for tge greater good make up for his wishy-washiness.

I initially also felt that MDWAV focus way too much on romance and put too much importance on romantic love. I still feel that way. But after 3 installments of the series, I have come to accept that romance is the main theme of the series. The fact that the script has other elements to make up for it (i.e the vampire mythology and lores, unexpected twist and refreshing plot, a sprinkles o other values like friendship) also helps. I like MDWAV mostly because of it's supernatural element.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-06-05 at 06:22 AM.

Of course Tin Yau in MDWAV3 is sure of his love for Siu Ling. Their love is the continuation from MDWAV2. All uncertainties and doubts have already been sorted out in part 2.

The reason I like Tin Yau in part 1 more than part 2 has nothing to do with romance. The Tin Yau in part 1 is stronger mentally and emotionally. Tin Yau in part 1 actually make himself useful to society even though he is a vampire. He became a police officer and keep the city safe. In part 2, he just know how to wallow in self-pity and being all depressive and drink himself silly while little Fook Sang has to work as a child actor to support both himself and Tin Yau. I found the Tin Yau is part 2 a very emotionally weak person. Only in the later part of the series he buck up.

Maybe because our priority is different. Romance is not the all-encompassing, most-importing-espect-of-all in a series for me. Series that has focus too much on romance that it neglect everything else bores me (which is the case for most TVB series) unless the series is a romance series (dunno why, but if the main theme of a series is romance, I don't have a problem with it. It's those series that are supposed to be wuxia, cop, doctors, lawyer but focus on romance that I have a problem with). So, how deeply or surely a character love is not the only determining factor whether I like the character or not. That is also why I don't really have a problem of ZWJ being wishy-washy because his kindness and compassion to people and his willingness to give up revenge for tge greater good make up for his wishy-washiness.

I initially also felt that MDWAV focus way too much on romance and put too much importance on romantic love. I still feel that way. But after 3 installments of the series, I have come to accept that romance is the main theme of the series. The fact that the script has other elements to make up for it (i.e the vampire mythology and lores, unexpected twist and refreshing plot, a sprinkles o other values like friendship) also helps. I like MDWAV mostly because of it's supernatural element.
    Yup, got it. Understand where you are getting from. For example, I love LOCH is because the element of adventure, the story of how GJ progressed from a kid that does not know much to a hero who always put his country first. However, I don't really like ROCH so much because I always thought that it focused a little too much on YG's love for XLN to the point of being irritating.

However, I find that MDWAV is the only "love story" that had the power to affect me so much. Maybe that's because I am a girl and the thought of someone loving me that much (the way Tin Yau loved Siu Ling) appealed and touched me.

Kidd, i dont think its right to refer back to mdwav 1. At the end of mdwav 1, everything started over again, and theres a brand new story to it. So i think its logical if you look at Mdwav 2 as the start of the story, and mdwav 3 as a follow on. But yeah, we do know that it is related but things change from mdwav 2 to 1. Eg...San boon yat fu did not turn into an vampire, and WZZ did die, and not turn into a vampire like mdwav 1
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

Is Ma Siu Fu going to have a relationship with Mo Yau or Seung Ngor? From the look of episode 20, it seems that he will have a relationship with Seung Ngor. I hope not. I want him to be with Mo Yau.
    well i havent finshed the episodes yet but id say his relationship with mo yau was just a freindly relationship nothing special i reckon, i mean the guy owes her money lol jks. i bet you thought he would because he was being all nice to her but siu fu is kind to everyone.

well it is a bit obvious that he loves seung ngor, but i think it was kinda sad that seung ngor the girl he was dreaming all his life i think leaves him. i really like watching him and seung ngor together it made me crack up laughing at times and made me sad at times.

Quote Originally Posted by zero123
    well i havent finshed the episodes yet but id say his relationship with mo yau was just a freindly relationship nothing special i reckon, i mean the guy owes her money lol jks. i bet you thought he would because he was being all nice to her but siu fu is kind to everyone.

well it is a bit obvious that he loves seung ngor, but i think it was kinda sad that seung ngor the girl he was dreaming all his life i think leaves him. i really like watching him and seung ngor together it made me crack up laughing at times and made me sad at times.
    No, I don't think he would be with Mo Yau because he nice to her. The reason I like him with Mo Yau (and think he would be with Mo Yau) is because I like both characters and also he seems to have some 'yuen' with Mo Yau. He answered Mo Yau's telephone call and then met her again in the restaurant. That's why I thought he would be with Mo Yau. Isn't TV series cliche always like that?
    But the moment I saw his dream girl is Seung Ngor, I already know the chances of him with Seung Ngor is bigger.

Secondly, u have to bear in mind that I have not watch his scenes with Seung Ngor yet (if I have I wouldn't have ask whether he would have a relationship with Seung Ngor or not) when I post that message yesterday. So, it was not obvious to me that he loves Seung Ngor (because he haven't met her yet).
    Now that I have seen them together I don't mind him with Seung Ngor anymore. I still like Mo Yau better, but Seung Ngor is pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by steffy
    Yup, got it. Understand where you are getting from. For example, I love LOCH is because the element of adventure, the story of how GJ progressed from a kid that does not know much to a hero who always put his country first. However, I don't really like ROCH so much because I always thought that it focused a little too much on YG's love for XLN to the point of being irritating.

However, I find that MDWAV is the only "love story" that had the power to affect me so much. Maybe that's because I am a girl and the thought of someone loving me that much (the way Tin Yau loved Siu Ling) appealed and touched me.
    Well, I haven't watch that far yet. Maybe they will touch me too when I see their scenes together. But so far, my favourite relationship is the sibling relationship between Yuen Ngan But Por and Yuen Ngan Mo Lui. I also like the scenes between Mr.X and Mo Lui. Mo Lui always seems so joyous when she is with Mr.X. This make their scenes very relaxing to watch. Pinky just brightens up the scene whenever she smiles.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-06-05 at 08:45 PM.

I too like Mr. X and Mo lui, they are sooo cute. Does anyone know if the girl Yuen Ngan But Por is in love w/ is actually past life of the girl in part one and part 2 played by Kristy Yeung (did I spell her name right?). Is it played by another girl because she doesnt want to be in part 3? And will Yuen Ngan But Por dream girl ever gonna reappear in year 2004. I am only watching to the part where Mo lui just got possess and telling them of the past about the shooting sun guy and Alice. Cant wait for the next group of tapes to be released at my renting store.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Will the series ever explain why Yuen Ngan But Por killed Ngok Ngun Ping when he loved her so much? Ngok Fei's army has already retreated. They don't need to fight anymore. I really don't see the need to kill Ngok Ngun Ping.

Intially I was totally against Yuen Ngan But Por having a relationship with godess Yiu Chi because I don't like that woman for manipulating others' lives and playing with people's feelings. But after seeing them interact, I found their relationship interesting. I am now looking forward to see how this relationship will progress.
    I especially like the part where Yiu Chi thought she can order Yuan Ngan But Por around because his body contains her essence and she can kill him anytime she wants but he refused to follow her order and even told her that her mindset was outdated and that people nowadays were not afraid of gods anymore. They just pray to the gods to win lottery numbers. You can see how pissed off Yiu Chi was.

On side note, I never know Yiu Chi actually published her work. I thought she was just using her writing to manipulate people's lives. Wonder who published her work. Why would a publisher accept a writing that is so 'out' (i.e. outdated)? Or did Yiu Chi go and manipulate the publisher with her 'earth' book again to get her work published? Or did she produce the book out of thin air and sell them herself to the book shops?
    Last edited by kidd; 01-07-05 at 08:46 PM.

Can anyone translate this profile of Remus Kam for me?

藝 名: 金沛辰( 經紀人取的喔 )
    本 名: 莫昌成( 奶奶取的喔 )
    英文姓名: Remus
    國 籍: 馬來西亞
    生 日: 1976年8月22日
    星 座: 獅子座
    身 高: 178公分
    體 重: 65公斤( 隨時改變 )
    專 長: 潛水、運動、跳舞、吉他
    語 言: 英語、華語、廣東話、馬來語、客語
    學 歷: 預科
    最愛的台灣小吃: 甜不辣、便當、麻辣火鍋
    女朋友: 目前一個( 馬來西亞人 )
    兄弟姊妹: 兩個妹妹
    耳洞: 左耳2個
    宗教: 基督徒
    最喜歡的國家: 義大利
    休閒: 喜歡玩機車、賽車
    最欣賞的演員: 周潤發
    喜歡的女生類型: 心腸好 善良

其他:很容易笑場

History 演藝大事記

一開始是舞者後轉行到演員

曾演出之廣告:
    1997 百事可樂 ( 馬來西亞電視廣告片 )
    1998 Swatch ( 平面 )

曾演出之電影:
    2000 七條命 ( 與李修賢合演 )
    2000 黑社會.com ( 與呂頌賢合演 ) ( 電影處女作 )
    2000 鬼同你有緣 ( 與黃秋生合演 )

曾演出之電視劇:
    1998 龍本多情 ( 與陳小春合演 )
    1998 一帆風順 ( 與尹天照合演 )
    2001 新蜀山劍俠 ( 與馬景濤合演 )
    2002 虎差
    2002 萬家燈火
    2003 第八號當舖

目前趕拍的電戲劇
    我和殭屍有個約會3
    醫神( 即將上映 )

名言錄( 摘自哈啦瑪莉聊天室 )
    1.壓力是害怕才有的!
    2.除了智慧之外 還必須謙虛
    3.每個人的心裡都有一個八號當舖 也許你得到了什麼 
       但無形中也失去了原本有的
    4.來台最大收穫 從台灣觀眾不認識我 
       到現在有一群人支持 真的很感謝
    5.就算我離開後 依然希望大家繼續支持八號當舖

聯絡方式:
    衛視:106 台北市大安區 光復南路72巷73號
    亞視:九龍廣播道八十一號亞洲電視 金沛辰收

Thanks in advance.

Ha! I simply hate Mr. X seems like he was an extra the whole show :P

I like the SDU members who survive the hotel matter except for kary... Like Mars, Like Tin Ai.. ... hmm... ... and Yau Kow
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

No, I don't think he would be with Mo Yau because he nice to her. The reason I like him with Mo Yau (and think he would be with Mo Yau) is because I like both characters and also he seems to have some 'yuen' with Mo Yau. He answered Mo Yau's telephone call and then met her again in the restaurant. That's why I thought he would be with Mo Yau. Isn't TV series cliche always like that?
    But the moment I saw his dream girl is Seung Ngor, I already know the chances of him with Seung Ngor is bigger.

Secondly, u have to bear in mind that I have not watch his scenes with Seung Ngor yet (if I have I wouldn't have ask whether he would have a relationship with Seung Ngor or not) when I post that message yesterday. So, it was not obvious to me that he loves Seung Ngor (because he haven't met her yet).
    Now that I have seen them together I don't mind him with Seung Ngor anymore. I still like Mo Yau better, but Seung Ngor is pretty cool too.
    oh sorry i should have put a spoiler tag for you i thought you had seen all the series. guess i owe a apollogy if i did so just in case SORRY

Quote Originally Posted by zero123
    oh sorry i should have put a spoiler tag for you i thought you had seen all the series. guess i owe a apollogy if i did so just in case SORRY
    No need to say sorry. I've already prepared to be spoiled when I ask my questions.

To anyone who could still remember. Did Fong Tin Yau/Fong Kwok Wah turn into a red-eyes vampire near the end of MDWAV2?

Yesterday I saw the part where Siu Ling turned into a vampire. Strange that she has the same eye color as Tin Ngai. Shouldn't she be 1 level lower?

Mr.X must be a very very low vampire to be afraid of sunlight. Even those low-level black-eyes vampires in Zhu Sin Town are not afraid of sunlight.

To anyone who could still remember. Did Fong Tin Yau/Fong Kwok Wah turn into a red-eyes vampire near the end of MDWAV2?

Yesterday I saw the part where Siu Ling turned into a vampire. Strange that she has the same eye color as Tin Ngai. Shouldn't she be 1 level lower?

Mr.X must be a very very low vampire to be afraid of sunlight. Even those low-level black-eyes vampires in Zhu Sin Town are not afraid of sunlight.
    Yup, towards the end of MDWAV2, Cheung San managed to provoke Tin Yau and push him to a level higher vampire worth fighting with. Tin Yau's eyes colour change from green to red. Normal level of vampire is red, green, orange, grey, white. Theory is that the vampire virus weaken with each generation. Thus, if a green vampire bite someone, that person will become an orange vampire, so on and so forth.

However, Tin Ngai did not become a vampire from bite, she is born a vampire, product of Tin Yau and Siu Ling, thus is a different species altogether. She is a "Mo Shing" (like lui rock from MDWAV2), thus how her vampire "virus" will affect others, no one really knows.

Same thing with Yuen Ngan Pat Poh, this theory does not affect him as well because he was not bitten into becoming a vampire, he is turned into one by the blood worm. The first person he bite (the Kam Priest) did turned into green eye (the level of blood worm strain at the strongest then), however, the strain then dramatically weaken and thus those that he later bite turn into the "lowest" of vampires, black (remember, Sung Dynasty?). Technically he is a red eye vampire but when he used his highest level of power, strangely his eyes turned white. (Theory to this was never explained) Not sure if the director wanted it that way because it look cool or what.

Because Siu Ling was special. She was a member of the Ma family. It was said that if the vampire poison and the Ma family blood mix together, the result will be unexpected. That's why Tin Ngai and Siu Ling had purple eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by steffy
    Same thing with Yuen Ngan Pat Poh, this theory does not affect him as well because he was not bitten into becoming a vampire, he is turned into one by the blood worm. The first person he bite (the Kam Priest) did turned into green eye (the level of blood worm strain at the strongest then), however, the strain then dramatically weaken and thus those that he later bite turn into the "lowest" of vampires, black (remember, Sung Dynasty?).
    The Kam Priest was not a green eye vampire. He was a white eye (or rather, "cat eye") vampire.

Default My date with a vampire

Am very interested about this series...from series 1 till now still its fan. Know that series 3 only the first box of its VCD meaning episode 1-18 is out.. anyone has any idea where to get the first and second series of VCD for this?

So according to this latest installment of MDWAV, the normal vampire ranking will be red, green, orange, grey, white and black. People they bite will be 1 level lower than them.

People contaminated with the blood worm will have red eyes. The level of the their bite victims varies depending on the strength of the virus left bodies.

There is also an unexplain kind of vampire that has a white crescent in each eye (Seung Ngor). People they bite will emit a power virus the destroy people's feelings.

The factor for the creation of the blue/purple eye vampire is still undetermined. It might be due to the Ma family blood or might also be that all progeny of a vampire/human union will produce a blue/purple eye vampire.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-08-05 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hola!
    The Kam Priest was not a green eye vampire. He was a white eye (or rather, "cat eye") vampire.

hehehehe... Hola, call me obsessed but I just rewatched episode 4. Kam Priest's eyes are like cat's eyes but they are greenish not white.

The more I watch the story of Yuen Ngan But Por and Yiu Chi the more I like it. I like how they are linked emotionally and can feel each other's pain and happiness. But I think Yuen Ngan But Por can feel Yiu Chi's emotional more strongly than vice-versa. Yiu Chi can feel But Por's emotion but she was not affect by it. But Por on the other was so strongly effected by Yiu Chi's emotion, he cried when Yiu Chi cried and smiled when Yiu Chi smiled even when he don't want to. Maybe it's because Yiu Chi is the source, and Yuen Ngan But Por is the receiver, so Yiu Chi's effect on him is stronger.

I also like how Yiu Chi is forever saying she is going to kill Yuen Ngan But Por but she never come to actually doing it and every time she needs help she goes to But Por. It's funny how Yiu Chi and But Por are all ready to fight each other to death, then the phone rings, and Yiu Chi become all nervous and asks But Por to pick up the phone for her and then turn all girly when Yan Wong agree to meet her. The duel totally forgotten and she even asks But Por to give opinion on the dress she wear. That was funny. But Por is also the same. He has the opportunity to kill Yiu Chi when she was infected with Seung Ngor's virus and became very weak, he didn't do it. Instead he risk his life to get a mere 5 minutes interview with Yan Wong for Yiu Chi.

Haha, strange that I don't hate Yiu Chi anymore. She is still as arrogant and still think she's always right. But I found her interesting now. Maybe because I also saw her vulnerable side. She is more 3 dimensional now.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-08-05 at 01:59 AM.