Page 41 of 113 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Ginnie, your memory is a bit mixed up already.

Fong Zhong Tong and Fong Tin Yau are not the same person. Fong Zhong Tong is the past life of Fong Tin Yau. He loves Ma Ling Yi (Siu Ling's ancestor cum past life).

Fong Tin Yau's real name is Fong Kwok Wah.
    Haha..this is what happens when I type without reading them again!

Sorry....I meant Fong Tin Yao aka Fong Kwok Wah....

I seem to do quite many of these name mixed ups..haha>... My best one was Ma Siu fu...changed it to Ma Siu Lung at one time..

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    I am sure you are 100 percent sure..I did not doubt your words. But, just wonder why they bother to cut a short scene and then bothered to include Tin Yao's last words to Bat Poh on the floor...It makes sense if they just cut the last part when Tin Yao thanked Bat Poh. To me, it is just contradictory. I see Pat Boh trying to attack Siu Ling twice. Once going solo and the other time was with Yan Wong. Yan Wong did look very serious to kill that time as well but before he turned his vampire eyes red, I suppose. Then, the third time, Bat Poh took a blow? Hmm....
    I thought he was definite to protect Yiu Chi afterall, he and Siu Ling are merely acquintances.
    I don't think But Por and Siu Ling are mere acquintances. They have become more than aquintance after they meet again in year 2004 and join hands to prevent the end battle between Fook Hei and Yiu Chi. They can't be mere acquintances after going through the experience in Song Dynasty. They might not be on the same side back then, but they do share something that not many people can share with them and they have a common friend in Ngok Ngun Ping that they both care deeply for.

I guess the reason But Por took the blow the 3rd time was because he did not really want to hurt Siu Ling fatally. He only wanted to stop Siu Ling from doing any damages. But when he saw Siu Ling was going to be seriously hurt, he went to defend her instead.

But Por might loves Yiu Chi, but is not so obsess with her that he will disregard everything and everyone else. Even Cheung Sun can't do that.

I don't think But Por and Siu Ling are mere acquintances. They have become more than aquintance after they meet again in year 2004 and join hands to prevent the end battle between Fook Hei and Yiu Chi. They can't be mere acquintances after going through the experience in Song Dynasty. They might not be on the same side back then, but they do share something that not many people can share with them and they have a common friend in Ngok Ngun Ping that they both care deeply for.

I guess the reason But Por took the blow the 3rd time was because he did not really want to hurt Siu Ling fatally. He only wanted to stop Siu Ling from doing any damages. But when he saw Siu Ling was going to be seriously hurt, he went to defend her instead.

But Por might loves Yiu Chi, but is not so obsess with her that he will disregard everything and everyone else. Even Cheung Sun can't do that.
    Points taken about Bat Poh.

Quote Originally Posted by caranglc
    Actually I think the for MDWAV2, tin yau has never love Zheng Zheng, he was pushed to go out wiht her by his surrounding friends. Remember there was 1 episode he told Fook Sun that he finds that he can talk to Siu Ling more. I have just rewatch the part 2 and realise that the one he loves from the beginning has always be siu ling and not Zheng Zheng.
    Agreed that Tin Yau had never loved Zhen Zhen in MDWAV2. If he had, he would have bitten her. Remember what Zhen Zhen says, "If you don't love me, then don't bite me".

However, he does loves Ah Sau and Zhen Zhen's unquestionning devotion to Tin Yau reminded him of Ah Sau so he is confused whether he loves Zhen Zhen or not. In the end, he realised that he does not loves Zhen Zhen when she gives him the ultimate test "think whether you love me before you bite me", it was then that Tin Yau realised that he does not and merely had confused her with Ah Sau.

However, right up until the moment Zhen Zhen is killed, it was never shown that Tin Yau had any feelings for Siu Ling. Siu Ling might have realised that he is for her when the "fate" flowered opened for Tin Yau but Tin Yau did not show any inclination towards Siu Ling.

Hope I make sense with my babbling..

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Quote Originally Posted by steffy
    Agreed that Tin Yau had never loved Zhen Zhen in MDWAV2. If he had, he would have bitten her. Remember what Zhen Zhen says, "If you don't love me, then don't bite me".

However, he does loves Ah Sau and Zhen Zhen's unquestionning devotion to Tin Yau reminded him of Ah Sau so he is confused whether he loves Zhen Zhen or not. In the end, he realised that he does not loves Zhen Zhen when she gives him the ultimate test "think whether you love me before you bite me", it was then that Tin Yau realised that he does not and merely had confused her with Ah Sau.

However, right up until the moment Zhen Zhen is killed, it was never shown that Tin Yau had any feelings for Siu Ling. Siu Ling might have realised that he is for her when the "fate" flowered opened for Tin Yau but Tin Yau did not show any inclination towards Siu Ling.

Hope I make sense with my babbling..
    if i remember correctly, tin yau was forced to like zhen zhen

Now, I feel sorry for Zhen Zhen. If people around Tin Yau does not force/coerce Tin Yau to reciprocate Zhen Zhen's love, Zhen Zhen might have a chance to get over Tin Yau and start accepting San Boon 1 Fu/Sito Fun Yan and be with someone who truly loves her. She did say in MDWAV1 that if there's no Tin Yau, she would have love San Boon 1 Fu and Sito Fun Yan was the person who cause her flower to open.

Hi Steffy,

Did your story have Yuen Ngan But Por in it? If yes, I want a copy too.
    HeHeHe... You and your Yuen Ngan But Por, but I have to admit he is quite an interesting character. I haven't finish yet but I'll see what I can do.

I love Kenneth Chan most as Yuen Ngan But Por.

As San Pun Yat Fu, he came across as a selfish, lonely man who will always put his own interest first. (except that one time he decided to go back into the past for Mei Loy, even then it has to be on his terms)

As Seto Fun Yan, he was a little bit better (especially towards the end of MDWAV2) but still a very weak character who worked with Cheung San to hurt the gang.

As Yuen Ngan But Por, he was noble and loyal. He was straight forward in relationships (not wishy washy - To Lei Tai Sui).

Of all three incarnations, I like Yuen Ngan But Por the best. (Not much was said about Sky Warrior, thus I can't pass any comments.)

Now, I feel sorry for Zhen Zhen. If people around Tin Yau does not force/coerce Tin Yau to reciprocate Zhen Zhen's love, Zhen Zhen might have a chance to get over Tin Yau and start accepting San Boon 1 Fu/Sito Fun Yan and be with someone who truly loves her. She did say in MDWAV1 that if there's no Tin Yau, she would have love San Boon 1 Fu and Sito Fun Yan was the person who cause her flower to open.
    If anything, Fong Tin Yao has to shoulder some of the responsibility for causing what happened in MDWAV 2. He was wishy washy in relationships and he was so "kam ching yong si" -emotional. Like Siu Ling said after he shared with her that he did not reveal the truth for that long eventhough he knew that Zhen Zhen found out about his true identity, "Loving a person is not wrong, but not knowing who you love is definitely a problem"

I have always sympathized with Tin Yao's character due to the incidents that happened to him. But, when it comes to handling situations like that...he just makes you think...what if?

Quote Originally Posted by caranglc
    Actually I think the for MDWAV2, tin yau has never love Zheng Zheng, he was pushed to go out wiht her by his surrounding friends. Remember there was 1 episode he told Fook Sun that he finds that he can talk to Siu Ling more. I have just rewatch the part 2 and realise that the one he loves from the beginning has always be siu ling and not Zheng Zheng.
    Hmm..That scene where Tin Yao told Fook Sang that he can talk to SIu Ling more..Isn't that MDWAV 1? In MDWAV 1, I think Fook Sang and Zhen Zhen's friends and mother, helped Zhen Zhen to pursue Tin Yao. Zhen Zhen was also very proactive. In MDWAV 2 though, I think the real Tin Yao pursued Zhen Zhen after he was rejected by Siu Ling or the other way around but I don't think there was any "reluctant" lovers in the process unlike MDWAV 1. Too bad he died.
    The "fake Tin Yao" was pushed into loving Zhen Zhen at first because he was pretending to be "real Tin Yao". However, I think it was fake Tin Yao's fault to mistake his love for Zhen Zhen thinking she was Ah Sau instead. I think peer pressure was stronger reason for Tin Yao MDWAV 1 but not MDWAV 2.

Default Their both real tin yau

it just one is the grandfather and one is the grandson

Quote Originally Posted by KennySouthPark
    it just one is the grandfather and one is the grandson
    It is just my matter of description to differentiate both Tin Yaos.

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    If anything, Fong Tin Yao has to shoulder some of the responsibility for causing what happened in MDWAV 2. He was wishy washy in relationships and he was so "kam ching yong si" -emotional. Like Siu Ling said after he shared with her that he did not reveal the truth for that long eventhough he knew that Zhen Zhen found out about his true identity, "Loving a person is not wrong, but not knowing who you love is definitely a problem"

I have always sympathized with Tin Yao's character due to the incidents that happened to him. But, when it comes to handling situations like that...he just makes you think...what if?
    Yup, this part of his character irritates the hell out of me but it is also the same thing that draws Ma Siu Ling to him. This guy is truly loyal. He can't forget Ah Sau. Ah Sau is exactly like Zhen Zhen. When Ah Sau knew something had happened (after Tin Yau was bitten), she told him that he doesn't have to tell her what happen, she doesn't need to know, no matter what, she'll be by his side. Zhen Zhen showed Tin Yau this exact same quality. She knows Tin Yau is a vampire, she doesn't need to know how this happen, her actions let him know that she'll be by his side no matter what. Like what Tin Yau says, in Zhen Zhen, he found the Ah Sau's "shadow".

In Zhen Zhen, Tin Yau once again felt what it is like to be unconditionally loved.

When Siu Ling told Jin Tau what type of man Tin Yau is, she said that he is "Toh Lui Tai Sui" where love is concerned but the way she says it made Jin Tau asked "You are talking about his weakness or his strong points?".

Yup, this part of his character irritates the hell out of me but it is also the same thing that draws Ma Siu Ling to him. This guy is truly loyal. He can't forget Ah Sau. Ah Sau is exactly like Zhen Zhen. When Ah Sau knew something had happened (after Tin Yau was bitten), she told him that he doesn't have to tell her what happen, she doesn't need to know, no matter what, she'll be by his side. Zhen Zhen showed Tin Yau this exact same quality. She knows Tin Yau is a vampire, she doesn't need to know how this happen, her actions let him know that she'll be by his side no matter what. Like what Tin Yau says, in Zhen Zhen, he found the Ah Sau's "shadow".

In Zhen Zhen, Tin Yau once again felt what it is like to be unconditionally loved.

When Siu Ling told Jin Tau what type of man Tin Yau is, she said that he is "Toh Lui Tai Sui" where love is concerned but the way she says it made Jin Tau asked "You are talking about his weakness or his strong points?".
    Zhen Zhen's love is so pitiful is all I could say. She is always Number 2 or a shadow in this love triangle with Tin Yao. Sometimes you wonder why she loves Tin Yao so much...Why must it always be Tin Yao? If Zhen Zhen's character exist in MDWAV 3, probably they would explain this but too bad Kristy Yang did not come back.

That scene between Jin Tao and Siu Ling is one of those few scenes in MDWAV 3 that was touching to me because Siu Ling said " No matter what kind of man he is, he is still the man that I love" There are just too few milestones in MDWAV 3 between Tin Yao and Siu Ling.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-01-05 at 02:01 PM.

Actually, Tin Yau's feelings for Sui Ling was much more apparent in part 2 than in part 1. Ever since the beginning, he has always tried to protect her, whether she was capable or not. His concerns for her was much more than just friends. Whenever she needed help, he always appears. It's like he was connected to her or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Faythe
    Actually, Tin Yau's feelings for Sui Ling was much more apparent in part 2 than in part 1. Ever since the beginning, he has always tried to protect her, whether she was capable or not. His concerns for her was much more than just friends. Whenever she needed help, he always appears. It's like he was connected to her or something.
    Apparent, yes but only after Zhen Zhen dies. He is more vocal about his feelings to Siu Ling in MDWAV2 than MDWAV1, yes but again only after Zhen Zhen dies. Prior to that, we know for sure that the Tin Yau (the grandson) loves Siu Ling more than Zhen Zhen but there are no indication that Tin Yau (the grandad) loves Siu Ling.

He is connected to her via the "Ping Onn" string which Siu Ling gave the real Tin Yau. Whenever Siu Ling is in danger, the "Pring Onn" string will tighten and thus Tin Yau will know if she is in danger, that's how he always appear when she is in danger.

I was just wondering, does MDWAV3 really blend in with MDWAV 1 & 2? (The whole Kenneth - Kristy relationship, I'm referring too.)
    WU ZUN ! <3

Let's play devil's advocate for a moment.

Let's just say that if Zhen Zhen did not die in MDWAV2, would Tin Yau eventually have marry her? I mean if Zhen Zhen did not make Tin Yau really think whether he loves her or confused her with Ah Sau, like she did at point of death, Tin Yau may never know and thus may eventually marry Zhen Zhen.

Siu Ling and Tin Yau would not have happened then because Tin Yau is too faithful to deviate and Siu Ling cared too much for Zhen Zhen to hurt her.

Siu Ling may wait for another few years for Yau Chee Kit to return. Yau Chee Kit promised to try out for Siu Ling again in 5 years. Perhaps, she would have accepted him then.

It's just a thought of what may be...

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Let's play devil's advocate for a moment.

Let's just say that if Zhen Zhen did not die in MDWAV2, would Tin Yau eventually have marry her? I mean if Zhen Zhen did not make Tin Yau really think whether he loves her or confused her with Ah Sau, like she did at point of death, Tin Yau may never know and thus may eventually marry Zhen Zhen.

Siu Ling and Tin Yau would not have happened then because Tin Yau is too faithful to deviate and Siu Ling cared too much for Zhen Zhen to hurt her.

Siu Ling may wait for another few years for Yau Chee Kit to return. Yau Chee Kit promised to try out for Siu Ling again in 5 years. Perhaps, she would have accepted him then.

It's just a thought of what may be...
    even though i hav forgotten most of the MDWAV 1-2....i hav an answer to ur question.....tin yau would confront wif zhen zhen at some time....and tell her how he really feels about her...(if he ever had feelings for her....)

Apparent, yes but only after Zhen Zhen dies. He is more vocal about his feelings to Siu Ling in MDWAV2 than MDWAV1, yes but again only after Zhen Zhen dies. Prior to that, we know for sure that the Tin Yau (the grandson) loves Siu Ling more than Zhen Zhen but there are no indication that Tin Yau (the grandad) loves Siu Ling.

He is connected to her via the "Ping Onn" string which Siu Ling gave the real Tin Yau. Whenever Siu Ling is in danger, the "Pring Onn" string will tighten and thus Tin Yau will know if she is in danger, that's how he always appear when she is in danger.
    That string was meant for his grandson. He has to really care for her to always have that string with him. Not even the grandson wore that string. He only kept that string in his diary. He never wore it. The fact that he did something that even his grandson didn't just to showed you that how much he cared for her. As for vocalizing their love, neither one does that. They may not vocalized their love to each other, but their love for each other was very apparent. From the beginning of the serie to the end, they have always been there for each other, and Tin Yau has always cared more for her than for others. However, it doesn't matter if it's the grandson or the grandfather, both eric only loved Siu Ling. That's kind of strange though. All three Eric, the grandson, the vampire, and the ancient loved Siu Ling.

Quote Originally Posted by Faythe
    That string was meant for his grandson. He has to really care for her to always have that string with him. Not even the grandson wore that string. He only kept that string in his diary. He never wore it. The fact that he did something that even his grandson didn't just to showed you that how much he cared for her. As for vocalizing their love, neither one does that. They may not vocalized their love to each other, but their love for each other was very apparent. From the beginning of the serie to the end, they have always been there for each other, and Tin Yau has always cared more for her than for others. However, it doesn't matter if it's the grandson or the grandfather, both eric only loved Siu Ling. That's kind of strange though. All three Eric, the grandson, the vampire, and the ancient loved Siu Ling.
    ...fair enuf...since they are all either past present or future of tin yau...who likes siu ling...