Page 46 of 113 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    Thanks for the other pictures. Do you have interviews during the MDWAV 1-2 period for any of the casts? There are some for MDWAV 3 but I haven't heard much about MDWAV 1-2 promo pics or interviews.

The first picture you posted is part of a series, I think. The magazines' title "Wan Tin Chiu's 39 inch chest VS Man Yi Man's 42 inch thigh"...hmmm....

Glad you liked that piece of material I had posted. You are making me blush ! Reading it over and over again, dear? Maybe you would share your thoughts on the matter too.
    I found this one at Joey's forum http://forums.cinple.net/joeymeng/
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/rain4ever/photo09.jpg')
    I have a lot to say about Siu Ling and Tin Yau, hope I can share with you later ( because I'll have a test tomorrow so can't post long,
    Ginnie, you can read Chinese? That's great that you can tell me what the title is
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.imchost.com/memories_bar/mdwav/images/photo_TianyouandXiaolingandZhenzhen.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.imchost.com/memories_bar/mdwav/images/photo_poster_yellow.jpg')
    Credit: memor_bar
    Last edited by ste-ke; 02-07-05 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink989
    the old guy is the older brother....fate is inside the old guy's little brothers body...and he was trying to release fate from his brother....but then fate said that u will kill the little brother too...so the old guy (ying kau) released his hand, then fate pushed ying kau to the floor and then saying how jealous ying kau was just because he was the desendent of the "sky book", then he asks if he would join his plan of making a wing han gwok dow of his own, and ying kau says no, so then fate kills ying kau, a drop of tear fell from the little brothers body which was possesed by fate.....

Thank-you, but everything you said, I already knew. I guess I should restate my question. I am not asking who the old guy is and who benny was. I called them that because I dont know how to spell their name in chinese and was too lazy to check up in other ppl's posts. Also, I am not asking about the situation of the scene; I am only curious on what was said. What I wanted to know was in regard to the Mo family. In the viet dubbed version, benny said something to the effect of "You are always jealous of me. You were afraid that I'm a genius. (blah, blah, blah) You don't want me to be the heir to the Mo family." or something like that (i don't remember really and am too lazy to try and cue to that part to watch it.) I was just wondering why he was talking about being the heir to the Mo family. Are they part of that family? I thought it was only their duty to take care of the girls, but y? Maybe I remember the quote wrong. Can someone confirm?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by ste-ke
    I found this one at Joey's forum http://forums.cinple.net/joeymeng/
    Wow..another fans forum? I guess I don't know there are so many around! =)

I have a lot to say about Siu Ling and Tin Yau, hope I can share with you later ( because I'll have a test tomorrow so can't post long,
    Looking forward to it! I am sure the others in the forum would listen in too...=)

Ginnie, you can read Chinese? That's great that you can tell me what the title is
    Yes, I do read some Chinese. I used to go to Chinese forums. Actually SPCNet is my first english forum..=) All because of MDWAV!

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink989
    both endings are sad...
    one of them, which siu ling turns into vampire...
    and another siu ling faints/dies in tin yau's arms...(i rekon she faints...or else no more mdwav4 about tin ngai and that would = sad..... )
    Yes, both endings sound sad. Of course I only saw one, so I can't really say for sure. Once again, I think you misunderstood my post. I was just trying to find out what ending perkypink had. S/he sad his/her viet dubbed version has a "happy ending," so I was wondering if we had diff versions. Or if Perkypink did not like show and thus was satisfied that it ended really sad. Afterall, one person's definition of a "happy ending" may be another's incentive to throw something at the televison set and a motivation to write hate-mails to the creator.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

There is another thread at http://www.tvseriesensation.com/foru...threadid=41813
    of Eric & Joey together as well.
    Oh, do you have any news on MDWAV 4? I heard that Joey's contract with ATV ended, hic... if a MDWAV 4 without Joey or Eric, I don't think I'll watch it

[QUOTE=perkypink]
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    What is your definition of "happy?" I just finished watching the viet dubbed version, too, but it was anything but "happy." Of course, there might be diff viet versions. So what is yours like? Mine ended w/ Siu Ling "dying" in Tin Yau's arms. Well, she did say, "If believe won't die, won't die

my ending is the same as your, i guess my opion of the ending of the movie is that siu ling did not die b/c she believe you won't, so it implies you will live. so i think it is a happy ending b/c finally siu ling and tin yau can be together. I dont know maybe i could be wrong.

Well, I guess it is the interpretation then. Anywho, I thought it was sad because it seems like everyone was killed off (even though I know they didn't all die).
    ***Possible Spoilers for those you are unlucky and haven't finish the show***

Why it was sad:
    ^Kenneth didn't get to die w/ the one he loves
    ^Kenneth may be dead
    ^Benny killed Vivian w/ own hands along w/ bro
    ^Fate may have left a piece of himself in Benny so all was for naught
    ^Alice did not love Kenneth the most
    ^Alice died
    ^Mark did not die
    ^Officer lady (wow, her name just left me) died
    ^Berg and Pinky had to go thru that pointless battle
    ^Sky (don't know his actual name) did not do anything heroic in end
    ^Kylie faded into nonexistence
    ^My version=did not see Fook Sang (don't know real name either) in the end
    ^Joey may have died
    ^I don't know what really happened to any of the characters

Why it was not that sad:
    ^Kenneth wanted to die and he may just did (w/ smile on face)
    ^Since Fate left a piece of himeself behind in Benny, there is big chance of part IV and w/ benny in it
    ^Berg and Pinky went to Paradise
    ^Saw Andrew again
    ^Remus is not dead and got promoted
    ^Sky is not dead
    ^Fook Sang is not dead
    ^Annoying Karen is dead
    ^Mark didn't have a "happy ending" (but then again, maybe he did according to his def. Cuz to him, killing Fate was more impt than his love for Alice. So, since he thinks he accomplished his goal, he might feel satisfied. Hopefully he finds out that Fate may not be gone forever . . . can't you tell that I don't like his character?)
    Last edited by MysticDust; 02-07-05 at 01:44 AM.

Thank-you, but everything you said, I already knew. I guess I should restate my question. I am not asking who the old guy is and who benny was. I called them that because I dont know how to spell their name in chinese and was too lazy to check up in other ppl's posts. Also, I am not asking about the situation of the scene; I am only curious on what was said. What I wanted to know was in regard to the Mo family. In the viet dubbed version, benny said something to the effect of "You are always jealous of me. You were afraid that I'm a genius. (blah, blah, blah) You don't want me to be the heir to the Mo family." or something like that (i don't remember really and am too lazy to try and cue to that part to watch it.) I was just wondering why he was talking about being the heir to the Mo family. Are they part of that family? I thought it was only their duty to take care of the girls, but y? Maybe I remember the quote wrong. Can someone confirm?
    Ho Ying Kao - Uncle Kao - is one of the Mo Chief's disciples. He inherited Mo responsibility to eliminate evil. Ho Yao Kao is his younger brother but was kicked out because of his use of "Wan Yeung Gum Zhao" Thus, Yao Kao said that because he wanted to make Ying Kao guilty. Without Yao Kao, Ying Kao is the only inheritant of Mo family rituals.

Mo in the South and Ma in the north (Naam Mo Pat Ma) are two invincible ghostbusters family in the region.

Ho Ying Kao - Uncle Kao - is one of the Mo Chief's disciples. He inherited Mo responsibility to eliminate evil. Ho Yao Kao is his younger brother but was kicked out because of his use of "Wan Yeung Gum Zhao" Thus, Yao Kao said that because he wanted to make Ying Kao guilty. Without Yao Kao, Ying Kao is the only inheritant of Mo family rituals.

Mo in the South and Ma in the north (Naam Mo Pat Ma) are two invincible ghostbusters family in the region.

You see, I was watching the show knowing that Joey came from Ma family cuz her name is Ma Siu Ling and officer lady came from Mo family cuz her name is Mo Yau (is that it? not sure). Anywho, since HO Ying Kao and Yao Kao's last name is not Mo, I was confused when he said "heir to the Mo."

You see, I was watching the show knowing that Joey came from Ma family cuz her name is Ma Siu Ling and officer lady came from Mo family cuz her name is Mo Yau (is that it? not sure). Anywho, since HO Ying Kao and Yao Kao's last name is not Mo, I was confused when he said "heir to the Mo."
    I think it's because Mo Yau is the only Mo left in the family and she got kicked out so the disciples become the inheritants. Moreover, I don't think that the Mos has any rules that only the girls who are the inheritants. This Rules only apply to the Ma because of Ma Ling Yee ( was explained in part II). Please correct me if I'm wrong

Yes, I saw that coming from you...The Ho brothers are not related to Mo family by blood.

Yes...officer lady is Mo Yao (Teresa Mak)

Well, I guess it is the interpretation then. Anywho, I thought it was sad because it seems like everyone was killed off (even though I know they didn't all die).
    ***Possible Spoilers for those you are unlucky and haven't finish the show***

^Fate may have left a piece of himself in Benny so all was for naught?)
    I thought this was an interesting piece not available in my version! I remember reading somewhere about the reason behind this..something about Fate..I can't remember..

^Sky (don't know his actual name) did not do anything heroic in end
    Sky's name is William Chow Chi Hou.

^Saw Andrew again
    ^Annoying Karen is dead
    Who is Andrew and Karen? =) Thanks in advance.

Well, KAM Zhen Zhong was the heir to the Ma Family Ghostbuster Sect before he died in MDWAV2. So, there's exception to the rule.

I think to add on to this..Sentinel brought up the point that YNBP transfer from red to white when he powered up towards the end and I think Sentinel questioned the validity of that...(let me know if I read into this wrong)

We all agree that YNBP is a different breed..so he can be a stronger White-eyed vampire. So, he doesn't follow the eye rule. For his eye-color change from red-white, I will attribute that to be in battling mode and his power peaked then. Remember in MDWAV 1, Fong Tin Yao first changed his hair color to white when Fa Hoi appeared. Tin Yao was never challenged for 60 years until then. He needed to protect Siu Ling who was hurt by the dragon. Fong Tin Yao in MDWAV 2 did the same thing when he was challenged by Cheung San.

So, technically, a change in color in any physical attribute is possible when a vampire is provoked and assumes greater power.

To me the question is not why YNBP changed or Tin Yao changed...I mean why not? I thought it was cool.
    Yeah, the power up was cool..... The purple eyes of Tin Ngai and Siu Ling was cool too. I was like " Wow!!! A colour stronger than red". MDAV2 made the eye colour rank so cool...but in MDAV3, the series didn't continue to build it further and kinda made a mess out of it imho. I guess i was kinda dissappointed.

^Kenneth didn't get to die w/ the one he loves
    ^Kenneth may be dead
    Why it was not that sad:
    ^Kenneth wanted to die and he may just did (w/ smile on face)
    I think Kenneth died.

We all know Kenneth died in the battle with Ngan Ping after being hit by Siu Ling's dragon before being resuscitated by Sheng Mo's blood worm and the blood worm is infact a drop of blood from Sheng Mo's heart. In this sense, Kenneth lived on (as a vampire) is due to the fact that he is living on Sheng Mo's blood, just like the way Pinky lived on under the powers of the holy bracelet. So when Sheng Mo died together with Fate, it is not unacceptable to say Kenneth will die soon after, just like Pinky will die as soon as the holy bracelet loses all it's powers.
    Last edited by Sentinel; 02-07-05 at 05:32 AM.

I just want to ask if anybody have heard/read of another TV series that garnered this much attention and following as MDWAV? MDWAV has a staunch fanbase (esp. in Taiwan and Mainland China) and is a topic of discussion amongst many in forums etc.

I think TVB's Investigation Files and most of their police/detective stories are popular too but it doesn't engage people in long conversations or become avid fans of the storyline and concepts. I probably remember individual characters from DIF (Cheung Dai Yong) but I don't remember any of the storylines.

Agree?

Even if you are biased, let me know your biased opinions! =) I know I may as well be biased raising this point here. Hey, at least I know I am biased....kakaka..

I'm a big fan of MDWAV, but honestly many series has garnered as much success as MDWAV.

Some examples of successful series are:

- Meteor Garden (this series was so popular that it propel it's 4 main actors into stardom. These guys become popular singers, their poster and pictures are all over the place and people are writing fanfics about them)

- My Fair Princess (this series was so popular that it make 2 unknown actresses into the most popular actresses in chinese entertain industry. It's so popular that fans are requesting the author to write it's sequals)

- War And Beauty (this series revive the popularity of it 4 main actresses particularly Sheren Teng. You should go to WAB thread to read the indept discussion and analysis about this series)

- Looking Bad In Anger (when this series was aired, the street were known to be very quite because everyone stayed home to watch this series. It was still considered the ultimate best series until now and people have been discussing whose legs was it that appear at the last scene of the series for ages)

All the series above are/were very popular in region that have chinese people in it such as Taiwan, China, Malaysia etc.

R u sure other series didn't engage fans in long conversations or have u just never visit those forums much? I have certainly read heated discussion in the DIF forums.

Another reason why there's so much dicussion about MDWAV compared to other popular series is because MDWAV is confusing and the writer left a lot of questions answered and left it up to viewers interpretation while series like DIF and My Fair Princess are more straight forward.

I can safely say that Meteor Garden certainly generated more attention and following than MDWAV.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I'm a big fan of MDWAV, but honestly many series has garnered as much success as MDWAV.

Some examples of successful series are:

- Meteor Garden (this series was so popular that it propel it's 4 main actors into stardom. These guys become popular singers, their poster and pictures are all over the place and people are writing fanfics about them)

- My Fair Princess (this series was so popular that it make 2 unknown actresses into the most popular actresses in chinese entertain industry. It's so popular that fans are requesting the author to write it's sequals)

- War And Beauty (this series revive the popularity of it 4 main actresses particularly Sheren Teng. You should go to WAB thread to read the indept discussion and analysis about this series)

- Looking Bad In Anger (when this series was aired, the street were known to be very quite because everyone stayed home to watch this series. It was still considered the ultimate best series until now and people have been discussing whose legs was it that appear at the last scene of the series for ages)

All the series above are/were very popular in region that have chinese people in it such as Taiwan, China, Malaysia etc.

R u sure other series didn't engage fans in long conversations or have u just never visit those forums much? I have certainly read heated discussion in the DIF forums.

Another reason why there's so much dicussion about MDWAV compared to other popular series is because MDWAV is confusing and the writer left a lot of questions answered and left it up to viewers interpretation while series like DIF and My Fair Princess are more straight forward.

I can safely say that Meteor Garden certainly generated more attention and following than MDWAV.

You are absolutely right about Meteor Garden on its attention and fanbase! However, I beg to differ because it is not the same attention as MDWAV.

I've met the four lads from Meteor Garden before when they were here and it was a commotion of screaming girls! I remember that vividly. Meteor Garden did come out in 2000/01 which is after MDWAV 1 phase. It did spark F4's success around Asia and across the globe. However, I believe that it is not the same of attention from MDWAV.

Maybe I should reilliterate what I wanted to get across. Meteor Garden's script was based on manga, Hana Yori Dango. The script/storyline was already popular amongst manga readers. Meteor Garden's storyline was not original. I think what made Meteor Garden so popular was the beautiful adaptation of the manga (so close to the manga), F4 charm and actress, Barbie Xu as Shan Cai. I used to go to many F4 forums and after MG's popularity came down, I have only came across a couple of essays in Chinese and a couple detailed character analysis of Meteor Garden script and character (based on the series not manga). They were seriously more engaged in what Jerry did or what Vic wore that day. Not the script.

MDWAV's popularity is different. It is based on the storyline and script. So, maybe the question I am asking is not strictly the popularity of a series because many series became popular in Taiwan, Hk and Mainland. In particular, I want to know if any of you found series which captivated viewers for its original storyline and concepts, ideas that caused viewers to think.

War and Beauty and My Fair Princess. I watched both of them and liked them both. I believe War and Beauty is the only one that could spark conversations based on characters and plotline. It is not a simple plot. So, I would agree that War and Beauty is a good comparison to MDWAV. But, it is still new. I don't know if it has a fan base. Sheren Tang's career peaked in I have a Date with Spring and this War and Beauty brought her back. I knew all these but it is still not good enough for a fan base except if you count how many "Gigi dislikers" came out of the series. On a side note, I read War and Beauty discussion here and I liked it too. =)

My Fair Princess (Huan Zu Ge Ge) is a simple plot in my mind though. What did people discuss about? The actresses! I think Vicky Zhao Wei and Ruby Lin became the most popular followed by of course Alec Su. However, these actors became popular and not the script itself.

I am not sure what is "Looking back in Anger" though. Maybe I'll recognize the chinese title.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-07-05 at 03:47 PM.

So, maybe the question I am asking is not strictly the popularity of a series because many series became popular in Taiwan, Hk and Mainland. In particular, I want to know if any of you found series which captivated viewers for its original storyline and concepts, ideas that caused viewers to think.
    This sure is not what you r asking in your original question. 'series which captivated viewers for its original storyline and concepts, ideas that caused viewers to think' certain is not the same as 'series that garnered this much attention and following'. This is your original question.

I just want to ask if anybody have heard/read of another TV series that garnered this much attention and following as MDWAV? MDWAV has a staunch fanbase (esp. in Taiwan and Mainland China) and is a topic of discussion amongst many in forums etc.
    It this statement, u are implying that MDWAV is the series that garnered most attentions and following of all which was certainly not the case. You really do sound like a very bias fan with the above question. The attention and following garnered by MDWAV certainly pales in comparison to the 4 above mentioned series. The most telling prove is the 7 pts ratings. The people discussing MDWAV now are mostly diehard fans like the trekkies. Yes, MDWAV has a Star Track/X-Files like appeal because of it's unsual theme. But is certainly isn't the most successful, or best series ever made or the series which garner the strongest fanbase.

Btw, I also forgot to mentioned Healing Hands and Arm Reaction. These 4 series certainly garnered strong and staunch fanbases. AR is up to the 4th installment and the ratings is still high. Viewers really do care about the characters and what happended to them. The same goes to HH. I know a lot of people are looking forward to HH3. Btw, u might not remember the plot of DIF, but many fan does. When discussing DIF4, many fans are of the opinion that the cases are better for DIF1-DIF3. The viewers also care for the characters.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-07-05 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    This sure is not what you r asking in your original question. 'series which captivated viewers for its original storyline and concepts, ideas that caused viewers to think' certain is not the same as 'series that garnered this much attention and following'. This is your original question.

It this statement, u are implying that MDWAV is the series that garnered most attentions and following of all which was certainly not the case. You really do sound like a very bias fan with the above question. The attention and following garnered by MDWAV certainly pales in comparison to the 4 above mentioned series. The most telling prove is the 7 pts ratings. The people discussing MDWAV now are mostly diehard fans like the trekkies. Yes, MDWAV has a Star Track/X-Files like appeal because of it's unsual theme. But is certainly isn't the most successful, or best series ever made or the series which garner the strongest fanbase.

Btw, I also forgot to mentioned Healing Hands and Arm Reaction. These 4 series certain garnered strong and staunch fanbases. AR is up to the 4th installment and the ratings is still high. Viewers really do care about the characters and what happended to them. The same goes to HH. I know a lot of people are looking forward to HH3. Btw, u might not remember the plot of DIF, but many fan does. When discussing DIF4, many fans are of the opinion that teh cases are better for DIF1-DIF3. The viewers also fo care for the characters.
    Haha..okay okay..I have said right in the beginning that I am biased. It is true that I have not been a staunch fan of any series and thus, don't pay attention to them as much until MDWAV. I have watched DIF 1-4, Armed Reactions, Healing Hands and many other TVB productions from late 90s till recent. But, it is just that I've never been attracted to the plot more than the characters. I cared more about what happened to Dai Yong more than what happened to the mystery at the hospital. It is also a fair statement to say that maybe I wasn't interested but that doesn't mean others aren't interested. So, in my opinion, I just wasn't captivated by the plot of TVB shows but more interested by the character's love life or if they are dying or not..something to that extent. It was never more than relating it to life outside the tube.

Kidd, can you re-read my question or opinions. I have never wanted to find out "the best series" or the "most successful" and I did not imply that MDWAV is above the rest. Can you please state when did I implied that or is that your vast assumption? I just wanted to know if any of you out there have seen/heard a series that garned this much attention and following as MDWAV. And Kidd you did point out many such as MG, Fair Princess which I think is popular if not more popular than MDWAV.

Then...did you continue reading my post? I have also said..quote :

"I think TVB's Investigation Files and most of their police/detective stories are popular too but it doesn't engage people in long conversations or become avid fans of the storyline and concepts. I probably remember individual characters from DIF (Cheung Dai Yong) but I don't remember any of the storylines. "

This is the main reason I think MDWAV has its popularity and it is not the same as Fair Princess or Meteor Garden fame.

In your original posts, you've mentioned and elaborated on Meteor Garden, My Fair Princess , War and Beauty as MDWAV comparisons...I merely disagreed. The reasons were stated in my previous posts. However, I agreed partially for War and Beauty. Now, you've gave me more reasons to believe HH, Armed Reactions and DIV are topics of discussions that is closer in comparison to MDWAV question I had. So, I agree on your second posts based on your explanation that people cared about the plot and discussed about them. I personally wasn't aware of that. If I knew, why would I post the initial question here in the first place ? =)

Anyways......
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-07-05 at 04:47 PM.

There is another thread at http://www.tvseriesensation.com/foru...threadid=41813
    of Eric & Joey together as well.
    Oh, do you have any news on MDWAV 4? I heard that Joey's contract with ATV ended, hic... if a MDWAV 4 without Joey or Eric, I don't think I'll watch it

Joey's contract with ATV is a bit unique. She isn't ATV's main actress (she doesn't sign yearly contracts, long term contracts with them. ) She signs contracts for each series piece by piece...sort of like freelance.

Sorry, ginnie, for misinterpreting your question.

I do agree that MDWAV is a pretty special series, not because it was able to garner large or staunch followings but because it was able to garner followings in the likes of Jin Yong/Star-Trek/Harry Potter/Tolkien fans. Fans who disect and make anylisis of every detail of the plot/story.

Btw, Happy Chinese New Year.