Page 50 of 113 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2241

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    That is so not a good answer.

If he was 16 when the joined the acting class, he will be only 38 years old now. If he joined ATV acting class at 24, he will be 46 years old now. There is just too many possibility.
    so strict la you ! hehehe..I really don't think he is 46 already. He is probably late thirties-early fourties. In his earlier series, he looks only 20-21 years old. So, I doubt he entered the business that late.

Why are you curious about his age?

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    so strict la you ! hehehe..I really don't think he is 46 already. He is probably late thirties-early fourties. In his earlier series, he looks only 20-21 years old. So, I doubt he entered the business that late.

Why are you curious about his age?
    I want to know who is older, him or Kenneth Chan.

Do you know how old is Kenneth?

Kenneth looks like Eric's age group..late thirties-early fourties. However, after watching Millionaire..I think he is more late-thirties. He does seem younger there.

None of my answers are great ones..

Do you know how old is Kenneth?

Kenneth looks like Eric's age group..late thirties-early fourties. However, after watching Millionaire..I think he is more late-thirties. He does seem younger there.

None of my answers are great ones..
    He is 40 years old. He was born on 16/07/1964

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

He is 40 years old. He was born on 16/07/1964

what about eric? he seems quite old in MDWAV 3...compared to the previous MDWAV series

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink989
    what about eric? he seems quite old in MDWAV 3...compared to the previous MDWAV series
    I think he is similar to Ken..In MDWAV 3 he gained much weight. That's why he looked older. Also, he looked especially tired in Fong Tin Yao scenes. As Jin Tao, he seems okay again. Maybe it is just my perspective. Also, that Fong Tin Yao needs a hair cut, in the last few episodes, I began to find his frilly hairstyle quite messy. Those blonde streaks did not help either. hahaha..I was pretty unhappy with his image. I wonder why he didn't go with the same shades (maybe because those were Jin Tao's) and black hair in the promo poster?

Recently, I saw Eric's recent movie with Mak Kar Kei, in there he doesn't seem as old anymore. It was set in the ancient days and look low budget but Eric looks okay again there. In the CNY Millionaire show, it is clearer that he lost those weight and cut his hair to a good length (more MDWAV 2 length) and dyed his hair back to MDWAV 1 color, a little reddish. =)

Both Jin Tau and Tin Yau look fat and old imho. But I don't mind Jin Tau looking fat and old because he is Jin Tau, an entirely different individual from Tin Yau. Tin Yau on the other hand is supposed to be an ageless vampire. So, seeing him looking so much older and fatter compared to the Tin Yau in MDWAV 1 and 2 doesn't bode that well with me.

That is also the reason I don't have problem with the other old cast members looking older. Joey and Cheung Kwok Kuen played humans. So, naturally, they will get old. Kenneth Chan, Berg Ng, Pinky Cheung, Alice Chan, Wong Oi Yiu played different characters from previous installments, so, there's no problem in them looking older either.

Both Jin Tau and Tin Yau look fat and old imho. But I don't mind Jin Tau looking fat and old because he is Jin Tau, an entirely different individual from Tin Yau. Tin Yau on the other hand is supposed to be an ageless vampire. So, seeing him looking so much older and fatter compared to the Tin Yau in MDWAV 1 and 2 doesn't bode that well with me.

That is also the reason I don't have problem with the other old cast members looking older. Joey and Cheung Kwok Kuen played humans. So, naturally, they will get old. Kenneth Chan, Berg Ng, Pinky Cheung, Alice Chan, Wong Oi Yiu played different characters from previous installments, so, there's no problem in them looking older either.
    Siu Ling in one of the episodes in MDWAV 3 did say "Even a vampire with an eternal life like you has aged and now you look so exhausted. You have been trying to save the world.." Siu Ling pleaded that they should start thinking of themselves instead of putting the world before them as Tin Yao has done for so long.

Realistically, you know MDWAV 2 and 3 filmed many years apart. I think MDWAV 3 served well for other characters especially Fook Sang's because he is allowed to age now. But, you can't expect Wan Tin Chiu to not age? So, in MDWAV 3, they did provide some explanation that he was infected with Seng Mou's virus. Siu Ling even acknowledged this in the series. They did not hide/ignore this.

I wonder if this thread is reaching its limit? Are we running out of topics?

Does the mod close the thread once it reaches a certain page number? I realized this happens but not sure when...

Hi all,

Happy Chinese New Year. I am back after spending a week on my mainland China's version of MDWAV3 (47 episodes). It's weird because they call it "Pan Gu Chuan Shuo" (Legend of Pan Gu) instead of My Date with A Vampire.

Overall I enjoyed it although Ma Siu Ling and Fong Tin Yau sounds weird as Ma Xiao Ling and Kuang Tian You. I expected more extra scenes though with 47 episodes but I found out that the Mainland version only have about 40 minutes to each VCD.

However, there is one scene which touched me very much. It is an extra scene after Siu Ling tried to raise the paper crane with her tao power but was too weak and collapse. Tin Yau ran forward to catch her. Siu Ling questioned why she is not able to utilise her Tao power when she already regain her memory and Tin Yau said that it might be due to the a side effect which vampirism brings to Ma Clan.

Tin Yau : You didn't sleep the whole night because you are practicing your Tao arts.

Siu Ling : I have to regain my power. Tin Ngai is in danger and you still have Sheng Mo's virus in your system. If I don't have my power, I can't do anything.

Tin Yau : Even if your power if more powerful than Siu Ling of yesteryear but if Tin Ngai dissapear, there is still nothing you could do.

(extra lines)
    In the past, as long as you and I could be together, to live or die, there are no regrets. However, today, we have a daughter. We could no longer be rash in our decision. We have to think of her.

I always enjoy watching My Date with Vampire. From the very 1st to now the 3rd series, but after watching the 3rd series and this how I feel...

When I first started watching the first 2 disc. I feel like switching off. A bit disappointed though. I feel that the mission to bring back arrowhead is unnecessary. The main cast of the show is Ma Siu Ling and Fong Tin Yau, so I find that they should be the one to continue with the story. Since the story is able to bring back Fong Tin Yau at a later part of the show, i feel that Arrowhead is someone "extra" to make their love life more complicated.

Though it did mention that Arrowhead and the rest of the warriors later became Siu Ling's "shen Long" but i somehow feel that "shen Long" shouldn't be injured or killed by anyone easily.

The role of Wan Yan Mo Lei and Mr X is also unnecessary. They only make the story become draggy. Though in Part 1 & 2, they play a very good role, but part 3 really make their appearance totally out. Maybe the director should change their story a bit.

While the book is trying to make Ma's family reunited, it becomes more complicated here and there. I can try to understand Ma Da Long and Ma Siu Hu's character in the show, but they only make the whole show sleepy, esp, when it comes to Siu Hu's fantasy. His role only become alive when he realize his true identity..

The whole show totally forgot about Fook Sang. He had been a vampire for 60 years. Though he had become a human, but the story shouldn't let him go off powerles, at least he should have some fighting background.

I like to highlight on the last part of the show, all of them are having a showdown at "Shen Mu's house" when the director suddenly shouted CUT, end of show. It left me a lot of question mark, is the story going to end like that? It drags for a few good 15 mins before going back to the actual scene. Did the director purposely do it this way to make the show interesting? I would not think so.

Though the whole show is less interesting as Part 1 & 2, and more like a cut and paste show, it leaves a lot of questions here and there, i feel that a drama shouldn't be like that. If ATV is going to film Part 4, please put Ma Siu Ling and Fong Tin Yau into more action together, not forgetting Fong Tin Ngai. In the earlier forum, someone mention that Part 4 will be back into the world of "Romance of the three kingdom", that should not be the case. My Date with Vampire should be a more realistic show or even a future drama, not back to the past, and if the show does not include Ma Siu Ling and Fong Tin Yau, it should not be call My Date with a Vampire.

Dear Stormy,

I share much of your sentiments about MDWAV and the significance of this name and plot. Going into MDWAV 3, I had similar expectations because the pillars of strength in MDWAV 1 and 2 came from Fong Tin Yao and Ma Siu Ling. It was stronger in MDWAV 2 where more "Qing" come into play (Kam Qing- feelings). I must admit, I did fast-forward some of those scenes in the beginning of MDWAV 3 until I find Tin Yao.. Well, as you know by now, it was a lot of fast-forwarding because Tin Yao was appearing almost like a cameo in this installment. When he does appear, Tin Yao makes it worth it though and it was all more prominent when in Episode 26 or so (may vary with versions), Tin Yao soothed Siu Ling's vampire poison and let her go to sleep in peace knowing very well that her man is behind her. It was a combination - lots of patience as a viewer (waiting for TinYao to appear), the actors' simple gestures (a hug and a smile), simple lines and music that got me. It got me for the first time in the span of 26 episodes!

How can I say that I did not feel dissapointed when Tin Yao and Siu Ling was not central plot anymore? Even one or two simple scenes were very satisfying but I knew I needed more to make this a complete MDWAV 3 in my heart.

To help viewers watch MDWAV 4 (if there is one), it is important to rename the series in my opinion too.

Having said that, Arrowhead is not completely an "extra". I see his role as being a good contrast for Siu Ling and Tin Yao's love story. I enjoyed watching Arrowhead because he is the opposite of Tin Yao when it comes to "wishy-washiness" As a person with fighting background and has experience giving out commands in an army, he was one with the decision-making responsibilities a lot of times. He was not a wishy-washy person because he couldn't afford to be, let's just put it that way. I like his character contrast. Now, putting Arrowhead and Siu Ling together is just mind-boggling because on one hand, he is also Fong Tin Yao's past life which means Siu Ling will also be attracted to him. But, would she fall for another "Fong Choong Tong" link instead of Fong Tin Yao? We all know that Ma Ling Yi left her "Yuen Hei" in Ma Siu Ling causing her to have centuries old fate with Fong's reincarnation but could Arrowhead be possible for Ma Siu Ling?
    The answer is No. Ma SIu Ling was attracted at some point but it was due to confusion and also her longiness to be with Tin Yao again. Plus, Arrowhead's straight-forward manner does not suit well with Siu Ling's character. In MDWAV, there are many character opposites. Siu Ling is very strong and decisive. With years of training, she has to learnt to submit to her fate and in the event, she too became very assertive on what she has to do versus what she cannot do. Until she met Fong Tin Yao. Fong Tin Yao is a character opposite to Ma SIu Ling. He doesn't know his direction, he doesn't know his decisions and needs to learn many things along the way. Remember when real Tin Yao who died in England proposed to Siu Ling in MDWAV 2...Siu Ling had no problem rejecting him. Of course, that Tin Yao wasn't meant to be in the first place but it was also because Tin Yao was not wishy-washy enough. He gave Siu Ling the opportunity to make the decision. When the decision ball rolls in front of Siu Ling, she'll kick it away because she knows she has to do that. Coming back to Arrowhead, the more he is assertive, I believe it is more unlikely that Siu Ling will fall for him too.

Now, Fook Sang is an interesting character. It must be something to survive the world destruction and continue living his life when most persons he loved left him. He would be a good storyline to go off of. But, don't know why Chan Sup Sam did not give him lead roles this time. It could be that Fook Sang is still studying now and he is devoted to his education more than in Entertainment. So, no time to film him as a lead perhaps. About Fook Sang with fighting skills, why does he need to have fighting skills? He grew up not learning any as a kid or at least I don't remember him learning any lessons in this area. He probably could learn and could own these powers after Tin Yao left for "Boon Gu" but he doesn't have to.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-14-05 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steffy
    Hi all,

Happy Chinese New Year. I am back after spending a week on my mainland China's version of MDWAV3 (47 episodes). It's weird because they call it "Pan Gu Chuan Shuo" (Legend of Pan Gu) instead of My Date with A Vampire.

Overall I enjoyed it although Ma Siu Ling and Fong Tin Yau sounds weird as Ma Xiao Ling and Kuang Tian You. I expected more extra scenes though with 47 episodes but I found out that the Mainland version only have about 40 minutes to each VCD.

However, there is one scene which touched me very much. It is an extra scene after Siu Ling tried to raise the paper crane with her tao power but was too weak and collapse. Tin Yau ran forward to catch her. Siu Ling questioned why she is not able to utilise her Tao power when she already regain her memory and Tin Yau said that it might be due to the a side effect which vampirism brings to Ma Clan.

Tin Yau : You didn't sleep the whole night because you are practicing your Tao arts.

Siu Ling : I have to regain my power. Tin Ngai is in danger and you still have Sheng Mo's virus in your system. If I don't have my power, I can't do anything.

Tin Yau : Even if your power if more powerful than Siu Ling of yesteryear but if Tin Ngai dissapear, there is still nothing you could do.

(extra lines)
    In the past, as long as you and I could be together, to live or die, there are no regrets. However, today, we have a daughter. We could no longer be rash in our decision. We have to think of her.
    Dear Steffy,

Happy Chinese New Year!!! I was thinking about where you went! Now, it makes complete sense that you went off to watch MDWAV mainland version.

Yeah, I watched one episode of MDWAV 2 in mandarin. Kuang Tian You just doesn't settle right with me...especially the surname, Kuang. It just sounds weird.

Anyways, thanks for sharing this addition not available in my version. Any others?

Ma Siu Ling's transformation into a mother is so interesting. I wonder why the editors choose to cut those brief lines out of the scenes.

Do all of you have to write such huge paragraphs -.-. I do hope, like others, that this thread do not die out of ideas or close because of a limit. Well, maybe this could get some people quoting and posting. Some questions and some comments.

My tape rental store has an incomplete version and my friend's mother wont come back with the dvds/vcds (Said this in a previous post) until March 3rd or so and I just cant wait! They dont have the 1st three episodes in the second installment and i wondered...How can Tin Yau die if he was a vampire (Excuse my newbieness because my memory of this is poor)? And then was the "Tin yau" who came back to HK the one originally from MDWAV1? All kinda weird.

And the comment parts, I just realized how much I liked the opening theme of MDWAV2 when i listened to it again. I downloaded it and kept listening and it came with a midi file which I used for my RP's on a MMORPG.
    "Believe and it will happen, Do not, and it wont. Never give up on hope, because there will always be miracles for those who believe"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer20
    Do all of you have to write such huge paragraphs -.-. I do hope, like others, that this thread do not die out of ideas or close because of a limit. Well, maybe this could get some people quoting and posting. Some questions and some comments.

My tape rental store has an incomplete version and my friend's mother wont come back with the dvds/vcds (Said this in a previous post) until March 3rd or so and I just cant wait! They dont have the 1st three episodes in the second installment and i wondered...How can Tin Yau die if he was a vampire (Excuse my newbieness because my memory of this is poor)? And then was the "Tin yau" who came back to HK the one originally from MDWAV1? All kinda weird.

And the comment parts, I just realized how much I liked the opening theme of MDWAV2 when i listened to it again. I downloaded it and kept listening and it came with a midi file which I used for my RP's on a MMORPG.
    OH...okay...we'll try to see if I could reduce my babbling...maybe mini paragraphs?

I guess the questions you have on MDWAV 2 will be answered completely once you watch the first 3 episodes. Are you sure you want us to spoil the fun for you?

I think many like MDWAV 2 themesong too. The lyrics is my favorite part about the song. It depicts the storyline nicely.

Kidd,

I went to some Tin Chiu fans club and I've found two answers for you.

He is either:

40 years old - One die-hard vampire fans indicated that he was born in 1964. Wan Tin Chiu's birthday is in October. (Oct 28th, 1964)
    44 years old - Last year, a HK news paper reported that he was 43 years old.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-14-05 at 07:39 PM.

Yea, your right Ginnie it is nice. Did yours have the little red words like "Devil" and "Hopeless" and "Love"? It depicts the storyline too. I watched MDWAV2 before...but I just cant wait! I am actually obsessed with vampires, but not to a really weird extent. Do you believe in them? Yea, more questions . I have many fics (incomplete) about vampires where I am one, but I slay others. May I ask...where do you live? Your english is very well. I live in NY, USA (as said under my avatar)
    "Believe and it will happen, Do not, and it wont. Never give up on hope, because there will always be miracles for those who believe"

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer20
    Yea, your right Ginnie it is nice. Did yours have the little red words like "Devil" and "Hopeless" and "Love"? It depicts the storyline too. I watched MDWAV2 before...but I just cant wait! I am actually obsessed with vampires, but not to a really weird extent. Do you believe in them? Yea, more questions . I have many fics (incomplete) about vampires where I am one, but I slay others. May I ask...where do you live? Your english is very well. I live in NY, USA (as said under my avatar)
    Yeah, the opening for all MDWAV 2 should be the same. I do remember reading those words but it is very vague memory now. IF you watched MDWAV 2 before, I am sure you'll remember later that MDWAV 2 storyline starts from scratch again. So, Fong Tin Yao's history was re-written. But, because history changed but humans didn't, the incidences still happened, they were just delayed a couple years from the 1st history. Fong Tin Yao's wish at the end of MDWAV 1 was not detailed enough ..haha..he should've been very specific! What a wasted wish...but then again, we wouldn't have MDWAV 2 otherwise. Thanks for the praise, my english grammar is not that good. =) I live in Minnesota USA. brrrrrr...cold is all I could say to describe my state.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-14-05 at 08:12 PM.

OH...okay...we'll try to see if I could reduce my babbling...maybe mini paragraphs?

I guess the questions you have on MDWAV 2 will be answered completely once you watch the first 3 episodes. Are you sure you want us to spoil the fun for you?

I think many like MDWAV 2 themesong too. The lyrics is my favorite part about the song. It depicts the storyline nicely.
    could u translate th lyrics.. my chinese isnt that good...

Kidd,

I went to some Tin Chiu fans club and I've found two answers for you.

He is either:

40 years old - One die-hard vampire fans indicated that he was born in 1964. Wan Tin Chiu's birthday is in October. (Oct 28th, 1964)
    44 years old - Last year, a HK news paper reported that he was 43 years old.
    Thanks ginnie.