Page 53 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2238

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

  1. #1041
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    MDWAV 3 is different from MDWAV 1-2. The spirit of the movie changed, and I felt that it had many more purposes than MDWAV 1 and 2 combined. The purposes served the need to set the stage for MDWAV 4 and also pure introduction to many other characters. In my mind, it was almost doing too many things at once. Too decentralized and the characters lost grip of the viewers' interest. The love story between Bat Poh and Ngan Ping too brief with not much background and screen time, the love story between Mr. X and Mo Lui seems mediocre and mild in intensity, the love story between Bat Poh and Seng Mou seems like an intermission between stories, Siu Fu and Sheung Ngor's bits were a mixed up of fantasy and ridicule not deserving of laughter or tears, Mars and Mo Yao too little too fake, Arrowhead and Siu Ling played the love that didn;t have an ending or surprise, Sky and Tin Ngai's relationship was marred by William Chow Chi Hou's weak screen presence, Dai Lung and Kam Bo did a slight better....Well, what about Tin Yao and Siu Ling in MDWAV 3 you say? Well, they were there. If the rest of the casts had equal screen time, probably the last few scenes were left for these two. I felt that they became mere "important" leftovers in this last installment.

    In my mind, the epitome of MDWAV 1-2 is good character buildup and story flow with focused plot - San Boon Yat Fu <-->Zhen Zhen <--> Tin Yao <--> Siu Ling played out great complicated ties with one another. We understood their sentiments because we've seen character developments that dealt with their emotions and logic. They were in the story to save the world no doubt! They each own their storylines but never did they lose touch with each other. These were all lost in MDWAV 3 because the storyteller had too much to cover and too little time.

    From MDWAV 3 theme song, I felt that it was more aimed towards an epic sort-of storyline. It is much more ambitious and it is both good and bad. In some sense, I miss MDWAV 1 and 2 much more after I watched MDWAV 3. It didn't cure my thirst which I thought would happen after watching MDWAV 3. In fact, it diminished a little my hopes for MDWAV 4 and increased my fear for the fate of the fourth installment. It is still a good plot with many interesting elements. I did not think it was too digitally enhanced because those effects were deserving in the script. But, gone were those days where a simple lipstick, a simple compact mirror serve the purpose of killing a certain ghost spirit. Now, in MDWAV 3, we see high-tech weaponry and lethal Yiu Chi virus. The storyteller is obviously more future-looking and had different ideas about ghostbusters now.

    Where is the human element in MDWAV 3? In MDWAV 1 and 2, we saw vampires and many spirits/ghosts concepts become humanized. We dealt with normal day to day people like Kam Cheng Chong, Sister Kam, Ping Ma, Ah Ping, Kar Kar, Pi Pi etc. The locations were mostly Kar Kar Apartment Building (the roof being their most popular spot), Police Station, Waiting Bar etc etc. The inhumans are Cheung San, Pak Sou Sou (White Snake) and Green snake, Cat sisters, Mo Sing Lei Lok. Nui Worh etc etc. They were all mutations, spirits, gods of some sort but none of them look godlike. Some of them possessed powers but we could relate to them. They were all humanized and look just like any Tom Dick and Harry under normal situations. Perhaps Nui Woh's beehive hair was the most extraordinary amongst them all.

    In MDWAV 3, the characters have all elevated to gods and goddesses. Their images are a mixed of normal and supernormal costumes. Their powers extended and now we don't have normal humans anymore in leading roles except Fong Fook Sang. Their locations are now Pun Gu, The Moon, Hell, Waiting Bar, Soong Dynastry (for many chapters and not just plain storytelling in MDWAV 1-2) etc...It has such a huge variety from heavens to earth to hell and then all the way to the moon.

    MDWAV 3 had a bigger budget which made it possible for bigger sets, better props, more digital effects and special effects but why does it seem lacking?Is MDWAV trying to be something it is not supposed to do in the 3rd installment? Is it too much for viewers to take because it is deviates from MDWAV 1-2?
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-19-05 at 10:41 PM.

  2. #1042
    Junior Member Slayer20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Hey SECOND PAGE REACHED! Ginnie, will you translate the two songs from MDWAV3? The guitar one by Ma Dai Long and the one Kenneth sings (EX: in the end when But Por was walking down the steps)
    "Believe and it will happen, Do not, and it wont. Never give up on hope, because there will always be miracles for those who believe"

  3. #1043
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer20
    Hey SECOND PAGE REACHED! Ginnie, will you translate the two songs from MDWAV3? The guitar one by Ma Dai Long and the one Kenneth sings (EX: in the end when But Por was walking down the steps)
    If you can send me the original lyrics by private message, I'll do it when time permits =)

  4. #1044
    Senior Member ice_brakerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Well overall i agree what ginnie has said MDWAV 1 2 are different from 3 both have different themes as well as style but sad to sai i still think that part 3 is not as good as 1 and 2 at least it didn't show much scenes of sui ling and tin yau

    and thanks to those that gave me the answers of tin ai

    but overall i think this series is ok... i hope that mdwav 4 will be better and not so draggy

    just ebing curious do u buys buy the box set ??? if u guys do where do u usuallly get it from and for how much??

  5. #1045
    Senior Member ice_brakerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    well in the old topic i saw links that lead to kylie and joey but unfortunately my comp can't read chinese stuff i was wondering if someone could help me and load some pictures of them erm..... if u have williams's as well plz load it too

    and if they are any wallpapers of mdwav 3 plz gimme the link or load it onto this site

    thanks for the help

  6. #1046
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    830

    Default

    doesn't the shaking only happen on the person's first meeting w/ Sing Mou, and only to significant characters/figures in the series?

    anyways, I suggest for that those who want to keep certain posts in the 2nd thread of MDWAV 1-3 to go and look thru all the pages and copy those posts somewhere else so they can be safely stored because spcnet has a policy of deleting threads over a certain amt of time, no matter if the thread is of great interest, I'm already regretting I didn't copy down stuff that was in the 1st thread, which has been deleted and can never be recovered.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

  7. #1047
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Why must the moderators close a still active thread and make it inactive and then delete that thread because it is not active anymore. Isn't this a bit 'mau tun'?

    What's wrong with letting the thread go on until 100 pages if it's still active?

    It's really such a waste to lost all that interesting discussions in the 1st MDWAV thread. So, do we have to save all 50 pages of the recently closed 2nd MDWAV thread in order not to lost the interesting discussions in that thread?

    I see some threads in this forum has reached over 70 pages but is still not closed yet. So, how can the old MDWAV reached the limit at page 51?

    Ice_cream, can u shed some light on why a still active post need to be closed? How will it effect the forum if still active long threads are not closed?
    Last edited by kidd; 02-20-05 at 10:59 PM.

  8. #1048
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    If the reason for closing a thread is due to technical reasons that impacts the flow of SPCnet TV, I'll understand. But, so far I have not seen reasonings behind closing a thread. It does slows down the momentum of a discussion and makes it difficult to start discussing again. It is a turn off really..but I'll still come here for the love of MDWAV. I suggest to PM the moderator...unless the moderator could help to clarify in this thread...

  9. #1049
    Senior Member ice_brakerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    hehe i understand that u guys feel frustarted... well i only join when this current thread started and find it very interesting and was trying to go through the old thread but it has kinda hard..... hmm..... maybe the mods wanted extra space or something

    well can anybody gimme some pictures ur help would be great to me

    lastly may i know what was the official date of release for this series and is the box set out yet??

  10. #1050
    Senior Member James Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Saskatchewan Farm
    Posts
    6,491

    Default

    I thought the series started in 1998 correct me if I am wrong.

    I too try to look for the ATV release of the VCD set... but haven't found it yet. So i download it instead hehe.
    Flame on I am gone...

    Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

  11. #1051
    Senior Member ice_brakerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    well i ordered the box set for part 1 and part 2 from a shop IN KL

  12. #1052
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    well i ordered the box set for part 1 and part 2 from a shop IN KL
    Did Malaysian TV show MDWAV 1 and 2? Maybe it will show MDWAV 3 too.....or you could rent it. MDWAV 3 is available on sale online.

  13. #1053
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    well i ordered the box set for part 1 and part 2 from a shop IN KL
    I bought all 3 parts from Singapore. When they started selling the Part3 I think losts of people requested for part 1 and part2 that is why most of the shops are now selling all part 3.

  14. #1054
    Senior Member cherrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    11,559

    Default

    tnx for providing me their names somehow i find fu sheng's interest on teresa mak quite....err, not pleasant. i mean, weird.....
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

  15. #1055
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    tnx for providing me their names somehow i find fu sheng's interest on teresa mak quite....err, not pleasant. i mean, weird.....
    Hei, u have to remember that the guy's not a kid anymore.

  16. #1056
    Senior Member ice_cream's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    a little island on Earth!!
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    In regards to the reasons for the deletion and closure of the my date with a vampire threads, it is a forum policy to close all threads that reach 50 pages due to a space and bandwidth issue and they do soon need to be deleted.

    I apologise to those people who found those threads important, because naturally I assumed that after a couple of months, the important information would have been carried over to the new threads. I hope users will understand this.
    Last edited by ice_cream; 02-22-05 at 05:47 AM.
    A thousand times I have failed,
    Still your mercy remains
    Should I stumble again
    For I'm caught in your grace.

  17. #1057
    Junior Member Jaresh_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Hei, u have to remember that the guy's not a kid anymore.
    Fusheng is already 68yrs old when he was turned into a human, anyways even in MDWAV 1 and 2 he was already attracted to wang zhen zhen, at least now it's not so bad cos he looks like a teenager and no longer a kid.

  18. #1058
    Senior Member cupcakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    907

    Default

    can someone tell me the title of the song played at the end of MDWAV3 sung by a female voice with a beautiful guitar sound in the beginning and who's it by? thanks
    WU ZUN ! <3

  19. #1059
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ice_cream
    In regards to the reasons for the deletion and closure of the my date with a vampire threads, it is a forum policy to close all threads that reach 50 pages due to a space and bandwidth issue and they do soon need to be deleted.

    I apologise to those people who found those threads important, because naturally I assumed that after a couple of months, the important information would have been carried over to the new threads. I hope users will understand this.
    Dear Ice_cream,

    Thank you for providing some explanation on this issue. The assumptions for important information being carried over is not applicable in this situation. On the flip side, it is actually contributing to much more pages of questions because readers aren't able to refer back to previous explanations. Flipping through pages isn't fun but at least we have references to go back on and more importantly, the option to do so. On the other hand, how do you carry over questions and answers about scripts? Especially too when there are new members? Having new members is a good sign for ATV series forum too!

    I enjoy the company and discussions here because we share something in common. It is definitely not my intention to bring up blame or apologies. I hope that we could do something to provide a more viable and flexible solution to this policy.

    This issue is also in the Technical Issues forum. Please take a look at SPCnet's reply to this:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=11033

    I hope that there is a more lively and flexible atmosphere in here. We are after all not jeopardizing the forum with extra pages right now. I hope moderators will understand this.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-22-05 at 12:55 PM.

  20. #1060
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    tnx for providing me their names somehow i find fu sheng's interest on teresa mak quite....err, not pleasant. i mean, weird.....
    hahah..Chang Guo Quan (Cheung Kok Kuen) is adorable in those scenes. It is hard to imagine this kiddo growing up to be such a dashing slim young man. He was so chubby as a kid. Kids do grow up so soon! In an interview, Chan Sup Sam revealed that Chang was so nervous and shy doing those seduction scenes with Teresa Mak. =) I sure didn't see any shyness!

    I especially love those scenes when he was still a kid and doing all these scenes where he was taking advantages of the women...especially Zhen Zhen. hahahahaah..
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-22-05 at 12:56 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. i have a date with spring
    By kenwl in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 03-29-11, 05:52 AM
  2. My Date With A Vampire IV?
    By WindCross in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-27-09, 01:49 PM
  3. Will you ever go out on a date with a 'taiwanese' star??
    By SportyYetChic in forum Taiwanese TV Series
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-01-09, 11:33 PM
  4. My Date With A Vampire wallpaper...
    By CheungKafai in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-06, 04:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •