Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My Date With A Vampire 1-3 - Page 55
Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2238

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

  1. #1081
    Senior Member ice_brakerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    i am not saying that he does not loook good but i can't really see him clearly and he seriously does not look good from far and i think that even without MY powers MSL is still better then her cause in the past 10 years she would have learn the better of her from all those bookls and stuff that he inherited from koa sok

  2. #1082
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    Default

    i just found out that they're gonna make a "My Date with a vampire 4" and the main character will be Kylie Kwok (the daughter).......i don't think joey and eric will be in this one

  3. #1083
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    i am not saying that he does not loook good but i can't really see him clearly and he seriously does not look good from far and i think that even without MY powers MSL is still better then her cause in the past 10 years she would have learn the better of her from all those bookls and stuff that he inherited from koa sok
    Chan Sup Sam is talented. That's all it matters to me. =) He is a scriptwriter and has the talent to do so. Whether he is good looking or not, it is in the eyes of the beholder. As long as his wife thinks so, I think he is fine. haha...

    About Mou Yao, I think she is BETTER than Ma Siu Ling in Tao powers, spirit and personality. When it starts out in the show, I'm more attracted to personalities like Mo Yao and not Siu Ling. That's why I liked Ma Siu Ling's character in the first two installments too. She is uplifting, passionate, direct and powerful. However, I do not particularly enjoy the reasons behind why she is like that in series 1 and 2. The script directly indicated that Ma Siu Ling is the way she is now because Mo Yao taught her the way to dress, influenced the way she acts later on, and changed her life basically. If Mo Yao didn't choose the path she did, she is probably the best ghostbuster. It makes sense because Mo Siu Fong (Vampire Master in past ATV vampire production) is the best ghostbuster in his time. So, Mo family is better than Ma family in Tao powers. It makes sense that way. My problem with the storyline is WHY Siu Ling's personality is the way it is today. Somehow, MDWAV 3 took some of that limelight and gave it to Mo Yao.

  4. #1084
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkz3n
    First of all hi,im new to this forum.

    concerning about the millionair show u can dl at

    Part1
    http://www.joeymeng.hk/joeydownload/...n/million1.zip

    Part2
    http://www.joeymeng.hk/joeydownload/...n/million2.zip

    Kenneth(as usual) is the host and the clip is in canto.
    (sad i dun understand canto lolz)


    Chan13 is not as bad as u guy think he love to wear a cap and shades he look cool to me.

    According to MDWAV3:
    MSL is hardworking and persistance

    MY is talented but playful,daring and later land herself into big trouble when she tried to revive her bf.

    MY cannot use any tao skill and is weaker than MSL becoz :

    MY lost all her tao skill as it was transfered to MSL furthermore she got driven out from the clan.She is like the rest of the SDU members but has some knowledge to tao stuff and with better phyiscal ability where she got her training from england.

    I think the story is fair.
    Thanks, this show is really funny. Do you have any more to dl? Post the link in here, please.
    Thanks again.

  5. #1085
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkz3n
    First of all hi,im new to this forum.

    concerning about the millionair show u can dl at

    Part1
    http://www.joeymeng.hk/joeydownload/...n/million1.zip

    Part2
    http://www.joeymeng.hk/joeydownload/...n/million2.zip

    Kenneth(as usual) is the host and the clip is in canto.
    (sad i dun understand canto lolz)
    Haha..thanks for helping out. I was about to say I don't remember where I got those links to download...

    Quote Originally Posted by darkz3n
    According to MDWAV3:
    MSL is hardworking and persistance
    According to MDWAV 3, Ma Siu Ling was hardworking and persistant. You've forgotten to mention : passive, quiet, rule-abiding, constrained etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkz3n
    MY is talented but playful,daring and later land herself into big trouble when she tried to revive her bf.
    Mo Yao was reckless in some ways and goes by her mood. I think those are her personalities and I don't blame her though. The reason she got into trouble was also that boyfriend is a bad egg to begin with. He was trying to court Ma Siu Ling as well. I can only say IF he is not a bad egg, Mo Yao wouldn't be in the situation she's in. It is not entirely her fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkz3n
    MY cannot use any tao skill and is weaker than MSL becoz :
    Again, Mo Yao cannot use her tao skills and thus she is restrained. When compare, please use the same grounds for comparison. She is NOT weaker than Ma Siu Ling.


    Quote Originally Posted by darkz3n
    MY lost all her tao skill as it was transfered to MSL furthermore she got driven out from the clan.She is like the rest of the SDU members but has some knowledge to tao stuff and with better phyiscal ability where she got her training from england.

    I think the story is fair.
    She is able to re-learn all Tao powers (all that Ma SIu Ling knows) in a short span of time. Don't you think this is just clear that Mo Yao is stronger than Ma Siu Ling in terms of power? When she puts her mind to it, there's no stopping her.

  6. #1086
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkz3n
    MY lost all her tao skill as it was transfered to MSL furthermore she got driven out from the clan.She is like the rest of the SDU members but has some knowledge to tao stuff and with better phyiscal ability where she got her training from england.

    I think the story is fair.


    She is able to re-learn all Tao powers (all that Ma SIu Ling knows) in a short span of time. Don't you think this is just clear that Mo Yao is stronger than Ma Siu Ling in terms of power? When she puts her mind to it, there's no stopping her.



    1st thank u for the link to millionair show!!!

    2nd Sorry, donít mean to interruptÖI agree with you that MY is stronger but MSL is destined to become the ghostbuster because of MDWAM 2 did say that she is the reincarnation of Ma Ling Yee, who is the first of in the Maís clan to become a ghostbuster, not only a ghostbuster but the most powerful of them all. So, as a reincarnation of Ma Ling Yee, I donít thinks MSLís power is less than MYís.

  7. #1087
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syddie
    2nd Sorry, donít mean to interruptÖI agree with you that MY is stronger but MSL is destined to become the ghostbuster because of MDWAM 2 did say that she is the reincarnation of Ma Ling Yee, who is the first of in the Maís clan to become a ghostbuster, not only a ghostbuster but the most powerful of them all. So, as a reincarnation of Ma Ling Yee, I donít thinks MSLís power is less than MYís.
    Syddie,

    Nope you are not interupting at all..Welcome to the discussion!

    If you are judging power level by who is the earliest ghostbuster, Mou Siu Fong (Master Mo) is definitely an earlier generation than Ma Ling Yee. Does it make Mou Siu Fong's power greater than Ma Ling Yee?

    If you agree that Mou Siu Fong is stronger than Ma Ling Yee, then, the question is, IS a reincarnation's power stronger than a direct bloodline? Does one inherit powers of past life? I don't know. But, one does know for sure, one inherits genetics and some facial traits from one's ancestors.

    Just by being Ma Ling Yee's reincarnation, doesn't make Ma Siu Ling more powerful than Mo Yao.

    On a slightly different topic, Ling Yee and Siu Ling are very different. They are reincarnations meaning they inherited the debts and gains in previous lifetime. Who did you owe ? Who owes you? These are all calculated and figured out in your next life. This inheritance is different from genetics family inheritance. I don't think reincarnations inherits powers, personality of past lives...(hey, everybody will have multiple personalities disorder then!..jk)

    Also, Ma Ling Yee only appears after Siu Ling's memory is wiped out. Ma Ling Yee's spirit lived on in Ma Siu Ling's "sub-conscious". So, without Ma Siu Ling being gone from memory, Ma Ling Yee couldn't appear. Even if it does, Ma Ling Yee and Ma Siu Ling ARE different people. Ma Siu Ling is clear-minded and is not overwhelmed by emotions. She controls her emotions, is opinionated and kind. On the other hand, Ma Ling Yee, in my opinion is too emotional and judgemental. She is also not as kind hearted as Siu Ling. Of course, I can't say too much about Ling Yee because she didn't have much screen time. However, imagining Siu Ling in Ling Yee's shoes, Siu Ling won't be that cold-hearted to condemn her love ones no matter it is friends or family. Siu Ling loves much deeper than hates.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-25-05 at 06:37 PM.

  8. #1088
    Senior Member hyperlink989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Syddie
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkz3n
    MY lost all her tao skill as it was transfered to MSL furthermore she got driven out from the clan.She is like the rest of the SDU members but has some knowledge to tao stuff and with better phyiscal ability where she got her training from england.

    I think the story is fair.


    She is able to re-learn all Tao powers (all that Ma SIu Ling knows) in a short span of time. Don't you think this is just clear that Mo Yao is stronger than Ma Siu Ling in terms of power? When she puts her mind to it, there's no stopping her.



    1st thank u for the link to millionair show!!!

    2nd Sorry, donít mean to interruptÖI agree with you that MY is stronger but MSL is destined to become the ghostbuster because of MDWAM 2 did say that she is the reincarnation of Ma Ling Yee, who is the first of in the Maís clan to become a ghostbuster, not only a ghostbuster but the most powerful of them all. So, as a reincarnation of Ma Ling Yee, I donít thinks MSLís power is less than MYís.
    note: btw the symbol # is commonly refered to as the word "number" by me...

    #1, ma ling yee is the first vampire slayer...not ghost buster...then later on...in the ma generation, started fighting off ghosts and other phenomenons...

    #2, one mnth of studying for MY could mean something that takes 7-8 yrs for a normal person to study....so in time, MY could become stronger.....but MY has her weaknesses....esp. in the love relationship side.....

    #3, as you said...MSL is the reincarnation of Ma ling yee...... but ma ling yee is the first of the ghostbuster tradition.....in the ma family...the women followers would make more tao skillz like that ping knon string dat siu ling bounded to jen tau (arrowhead)...being the first ghost buster in the family tradition, wouldnt it be a downside rather than a good point?
    meePiT

  9. #1089
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    According to MDWAV 3, Ma Siu Ling was hardworking and persistant. You've forgotten to mention : passive, quiet, rule-abiding, constrained etc.
    Quiet? - yes
    Constraint? - yes
    Rule abiding? - no
    Passive? - no

    Remember how MSL learns the unfreeze spell in 1 day to free MY from the freeze spell cast my Uncle Kau? And remember how she freezes Uncle Kau so that she and MY can go out and have fun? That is certainly not rule-abiding. U can say that freezing Uncle Kau might be MY's idea, but learning the unfreeze spell is certainly her idea. And remember how she so enjoy it when MY recounts to her about MY's sexual experience with her boyfriend? Siu Ling is constraint through upbringing, but, imo, she is a quietly rebellious girl and has a very passionate heart. A quiet, passive girl can't just change overnight by a few words from MY. MY's words set some of her limits free, but she has to have some of the personality within her too. Also, personality are partly shaped by experience. MY is so wild, uplifting, passionate and direct because of her talent. In her opinion she was destined to take over the vampire slaying duty because of her talent and because she learn things fast, she has a lot of free time. This 2 reasons make her let go of herself as much possible to enjoy life before she took her duty as the vampire slayer. Her personality is shaped by her experience as a talented child with a impending great duty. So, I don't see anything wrong with MSL's personality being shape by past experience (i.e. her experience with MY).

    Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    If you are judging power level by who is the earliest ghostbuster, Mou Siu Fong (Master Mo) is definitely an earlier generation than Ma Ling Yee. Does it make Mou Siu Fong's power greater than Ma Ling Yee?
    Mou Siu Fong can't be an earlier ghostbuster than Ma Ling Yi. Mo Siu Fong is the sifu in the Vampire Vampire Expert series. He lived during the man chor era which is around 1920s while Ma Ling Yee lived in the are that was even earlier than Song Dynasty. So, how can Mo Siu Fong be an earlier ghostbuster than Ma Ling Yee?

  10. #1090
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Mou Siu Fong can't be an earlier ghostbuster than Ma Ling Yi. Mo Siu Fong is the sifu in the Vampire Vampire Expert series. He lived during the man chor era which is around 1920s while Ma Ling Yee lived in the are that was even earlier than Song Dynasty. So, how can Mo Siu Fong be an earlier ghostbuster than Ma Ling Yee?
    You are right on this about time frame. I was remembered wrongly and mistaken Ma Dan Na and Ma Ling Yee in that.

    More than that, I was thinking more about the main tribute to Mo Siu Fong in the beginning of MDWAV 1. It was something that read "a tribute to the first generation of Vampire Master"

    I disagree with how Siu Ling's past with Mou Yao shaped who she is today...It is my preference not to have Siu Ling the way she is today because of her experience with Mo Yao. Siu Ling's character is the main leading lady and to have her being so quiet and constrained in the beginning just doesn't suit with her change in MDWAV 1-2. I don't agree with the story choice Sap Sum chose for Siu Ling's past but then again, it is only my preference.

  11. #1091
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Ma Ling Yee was in the Qin Dynasty..earlier than Mou Siu Fong. Sorry for my blunder.

    My bad.. =)

  12. #1092
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Overall i think that the story is consistance/fair,MSL is clearly the main character MY died and lost to MSL in terms of skill,however MY did steal some MSL "role" in the early part.

    Anyway ill talk about my views on MDWAV, i hate those parts on chang eer and vincent at first it was funny but later it turn out anonnying and boring when it goes on for so long.I think they should spend more time fliming on those more "important" role.


    O yea if anyone still dunno who "turn" chang eer into a vampire,Its the guy with the fate on him remember when he save her from the moon he also gave her somesort of spell.This cause chang eer to become sort of like a semi-vampire (that explain why her eyes remain unchange when in vamp form) and can spread the illness from eye contact.

    Eric wan had age alot there is one scene where is was standing aline with SDU members u can clearly see his shrinking his height was shorter than theirs.
    Sigh now i see why he is not coming back for mdwav4.

    Lastly i love all the songs from the show,i kept listening to them.
    Last edited by darkz3n; 02-25-05 at 11:42 PM.

  13. #1093
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default




    Credit pictures to http://joeymeng.hk.st/
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-25-05 at 11:28 PM.

  14. #1094
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Notice that she doesnt wear any former bride costume,she told the media that she find it meaningless as she worn them in many drama that she act.Just MDWAV alone she had change over 7 bride costume.
    Last edited by darkz3n; 02-26-05 at 02:23 AM.

  15. #1095
    Junior Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    surrey B.C
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkz3n
    Notice that she does wear any former bride costume,she told the media that she find it meaningless as she worn them in many drama that she act.Just MDWAV alone she had change over 7 bride costume.

    i loved my date with a vampire III i wasnt suprised with how she dressed though
    i really love joey mengg shes so pretty!
    Forever & Always

  16. #1096
    Senior Member hyperlink989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink989
    why did evryone shake at first when they saw sing mou for the first time?

    and why did everyone stop shaking when they saw sing mou when MDWAV III was half way finished?

    omg plz answer.....
    meePiT

  17. #1097
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    why did evryone shake at first when they saw sing mou for the first time?

    and why did everyone stop shaking when they saw sing mou when MDWAV III was half way finished?

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I think this was to show how powerful Sing Mou is...to establish her power and presence. She is after all, the cause for sickness and diseases.The cause of death for humankind...Then, they didn't emphasize this point anymore because it will becoming redundant to show hands trembling each time Sing Mou appears.

  18. #1098
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Quiet? - yes
    Constraint? - yes
    Rule abiding? - no
    Passive? - no

    Remember how MSL learns the unfreeze spell in 1 day to free MY from the freeze spell cast my Uncle Kau? And remember how she freezes Uncle Kau so that she and MY can go out and have fun? That is certainly not rule-abiding. U can say that freezing Uncle Kau might be MY's idea, but learning the unfreeze spell is certainly her idea. And remember how she so enjoy it when MY recounts to her about MY's sexual experience with her boyfriend? Siu Ling is constraint through upbringing, but, imo, she is a quietly rebellious girl and has a very passionate heart. A quiet, passive girl can't just change overnight by a few words from MY. MY's words set some of her limits free, but she has to have some of the personality within her too. Also, personality are partly shaped by experience. MY is so wild, uplifting, passionate and direct because of her talent. In her opinion she was destined to take over the vampire slaying duty because of her talent and because she learn things fast, she has a lot of free time. This 2 reasons make her let go of herself as much possible to enjoy life before she took her duty as the vampire slayer. Her personality is shaped by her experience as a talented child with a impending great duty. So, I don't see anything wrong with MSL's personality being shape by past experience (i.e. her experience with MY).
    I took some time to think about what you wrote. Is it wrong with Siu Ling's personality being shaped by past experience? No. I don't think that is wrong either. However, in this context and from previous storylines in MDWAV 1 and 2, this character background doesn't flow that well for me. To me is inconsistency that bugs me.

    In MDWAV 1 and 2, we see Zhen Zhen and Siu Ling's school life and we saw glimpse of their relationship and behavior since childhood. That school girl we saw as Ma Siu Ling was energetic and passionate already. She was not quiet, not constrained, not rule-abiding and definitely active school girl with two cute pigtails. It was more believable that this girl will grow up to be Ma Siu Ling (The Ma Siu Ling we saw in MDWAV 1 and 2). In Ma Siu Ling MDWAV 1 and 2, she is fierce, direct, loves shopping, loves to make up, very cool, kind hearted, powerful, opinionated and strong. Very active character. It matches very well with how Siu Ling was in her school days with Wong Zhen Zhen. Siu Ling was the leader type who even threatened Wong Zhen Zhen (the class monitor) and they cheated in school together. These to me are evident in her character and is who she is, she wasn't influenced by anybody but herself. I really can't swallow the storyline when around 10 years later, she has changed into a quiet and constrained girl. And then, some years later changed again into Ma Siu Ling we see today in MDWAV 1-2.

    Eventhough, it is true that she learnt some spells and did break some rules. . Mo Yao in MDWAV 3 became the initiator while Siu Ling is the passive one now. She isn't the school girl I saw with Wong Zhen Zhen years back that would be the one influencing "the class monitor" to go break some rules and definitely isn't the same Ma Siu Ling I saw later in MDWAV 1 and 2.

    Perhaps Kristy Yeung wasn't in this 3rd installment, that's why they needed to make Mou Yao an integral part of Siu Ling's life. But, in my opinion, the storyline is weak because it failed to connect Ma Siu Ling's character through MDWAV 1,2 and 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    U can say that freezing Uncle Kau might be MY's idea, but learning the unfreeze spell is certainly her idea. And remember how she so enjoy it when MY recounts to her about MY's sexual experience with her boyfriend?
    Siu Ling learnt the unfreeze spell to help Mo Yao, no doubt. But otherwise, Siu Ling isn't going to do anything outside of the box. She came across as the goody two shoes that will go around living her life within those set rules unless she is prompted otherwise. Now, it may be that Mo Yao ignited the fire within her, ignited "the quietly rebellious" spirit within Siu Ling but what happened to the Siu Ling we saw in her childhood with Zhen Zhen?

    Mo Yao's sexual experience is probably something new to Siu Ling. So, her reaction may be the same for a quiet person or a passionate person. It is just some giggles like two young gals chatting about sex for the first time. That doesn't say that Siu Ling is quietly rebellious or passionate about life.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-27-05 at 07:38 PM.

  19. #1099
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    We did chat in previous thread 2 about Fong Tin Yao MDWAV 2 versus Fong Tin Yao MDWAV 1. There were many reasons why Tin Yao in 2nd installment went into hiding instead of leading his life in MDWAV 1.

    I would like to add that another reason that contributed to this:

    Ma Dan Na in MDWAV 1 wasn't actively looking for Fong Kok Wah. She wasn't even sure who turned into vampires that night she was chasing Cheung San. She knew that Cheung San turned two persons into vampires but never knew who they were. Kok Wah did see Ma Dan Na when he was semi-conscious but he fainted after that. The rest is MDWAV 1 as we know it.. Tin Yao and Siu Ling met up in Japan. That's why Tin Yao find Siu Ling familiar looking and Siu Ling thought he was using his bad pick up line.

    In MDWAV 2, Ma Dan Na is actively looking for Fong Kok Wah and even asked Uncle Kao to keep an eye on Fong Kok Wah's heirs. In case, Kok Wah's heirs becomes a vampire or Kok Wah comes back to look for his family, Uncle Kao would inform Ma Dan Na. That's why Uncle Kao knew Kok Wah's grandson, Tin Yao since childhood. This explains also why Fong Kok Wah went into hiding instead of actively pursuing a career or taking care of Fook Sang.

  20. #1100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    413

    Default

    http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...81WI7FA74CP2XB

    This download link is for fans of MDWAV !
    The original clip provided by Shelle1212, from Wan Tin Chiu 5151 net fans club.
    This link will expire in less than a week.

    "Year99-2.wmv" (39617 KB) - ATV 1999 Anniversary Celebrations. This clip shows Eric, Joey and Kenneth performing MDWAV 1's theme song, 梦里是谁。

    If moderators find this inappropriate file sharing, let me know. This clip isn't available for sale or easy viewing anymore because it is dated.
    Last edited by ginnie; 02-27-05 at 07:47 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. i have a date with spring
    By kenwl in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 03-29-11, 05:52 AM
  2. My Date With A Vampire IV?
    By WindCross in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-27-09, 01:49 PM
  3. Will you ever go out on a date with a 'taiwanese' star??
    By SportyYetChic in forum Taiwanese TV Series
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 03-01-09, 11:33 PM
  4. My Date With A Vampire wallpaper...
    By CheungKafai in forum ATV TV Series
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-06, 04:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •