Page 64 of 112 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2238

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    is it just a rumour that there will be even more newbies in the next series??? by the way have they even started preparing the next series yet??
    ATV does not have as many actors as TVB. I don't think they will add more newbies in the next installment. They probably will polish up their current new actors such as Kylie, William etc. ATV promotes Alice Chan Wai, Teresa Mak Kar Kei
    a lot, so I won't be surprised to see them acting in MDWAV again.

Chan Sup Sam must be busy writing...anyhow, all these are just speculations.

HEHE.... well i would rally really hope that joey and eric will be in the next installment as mdwav 3 was so dissapointing i think they deserve the one last installment before they seriiously retiring from this series....

what do u guys think??

Default Thks Humbeggar!

Yoz, thks for the info on the real ending shown only in hongkong. Btw, do you know where i can view it on download it from the net? I really want to see it. The one i watch just end there ridiculously. Thks!

Default again?

Anyone have the soundtrack to My Date With A Vampire 3? if so, can you send to my SL? xxsimplicity thanks

Default My Date with a Vampire 3 Official Soundtrack

Stop trying to get it downloaded on the internet, your better off buying it from Yesasia. This forum also doesn't allow illegal filesharing, it's against the forum policy.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...section-music/

This is the link to the official soundtrack, besides the songs from 3 it also includes the one on the 2nd one. It also has some music videos and karaoke singalongs.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

HEHE.... well i would rally really hope that joey and eric will be in the next installment as mdwav 3 was so dissapointing i think they deserve the one last installment before they seriiously retiring from this series....

what do u guys think??
    I hope to see Joey and Eric but not as Tin Yao and Siu Ling. Honestly, Tin Yao and Siu Ling's storyline is running out of steam. Their story is classic and so memorable. and they've gone through soooooooo much already. In an interview on HK radio station, Tin Chiu (Ah Chiu as he is so affectionately referred to by all people) seem to also think that it is not possible to go on with the same story anymore. When asked if he doesn't want to act in MDWAV 4, he sort of asked the caller in a joking manner.."why don't you write the story and we'll see?" hinting it is difficult to pull the story any longer.

Without Ah Chiu, MDWAV means nothing to me...He was the essence of why I watched the show. Without Fong Tin Yao by Tin Chiu, I don't think MDWAV would have been as successful. Joey and Eric are irreplaceable.

Thinking about MDWAV Two yesterday....there were so many good conversations in there...one of them was the first conversation between Tin Yao and Cheung San. The conversation was a long one and they covered many grounds!

Cheung San explained the origins of Vampires, Nui Woh. He explained who he is and why he bit Fook Sang and Tin Yao. For some reasons, I felt that he was trying to ignore the fact that he made big time mistakes. He simply said"Well, I wasn't aware of the consequences, so I am not at fault". None of the "I am sorry that I bit you" but instead he was unapologetic, in sort of "Well...I bit you, live with it because I didn't know better that time" mannerism.

It is interesting how Cheung San followed Nui Woh everywhere, just a follower and not a leader. Why did he follow? Loneliness? Tin Yao and Cheung San had another discussion about "How can Gods be lonely? Isn't that only for humans?" Cheung San asked "Are we lonely because we are missing a person?" Tin Yao replied "No, it is because we have added one person into our lives" It is a good discussion because Tin Yao is also thinking that logic parallel to his life at that moment. He felt lonely and it is the first time he has not seen Siu Ling for the longest time. He definitely missed Zhen Zhen but he has also added Siu Ling permanently into his life at the same time or at least recognized that she is there after long time denial.

Cheung San and Tin Yao talked about the power of love versus the power of hate. Which is stronger? Are Ma generations stronger because they hate? They couldn't cry and don't dare to love. Does this make them stronger? In MDWAV 2, the theme is very clear. The bottomline story I got from it is ...the Power of Love surpasses it all. The strongest vampire loves. The strongest vampire slayer loves. Fate has it that they'll be enemies and use the power of hate against each other. But, Ma Siu Ling is not a faithful descendent of Fate and Fong Tin Yao is a miracle worker.

Why am I going back into MDWAV 2? hehe...Just some thoughts I had. ohhhhh...just let me ramble as I miss MDWAV terribly...
    Last edited by ginnie; 03-28-05 at 11:47 AM.

Question Translation Help?

I've been think ing about this for awhile, and can't come up with an equivalent...

Can someone tell me how to translate the cantonese "Gu Jak" and "Jak Mok" into English? Because Yan Wong (King of Mankind) said he felt "Gu Jak" before he met the Goddess of Yiu Chi, but that feeling is different from "Jak Mok". So... if "Jak Mok" is loneliness, then what is the English translation of "Gu Jak"?

well mdvaw 2 was good cause it was long and detailed and it showed the love between the two of them

probably one of the reasons why mdvaw 3 was so dissapointing was because the storyline didn't really connect it wif mdwav 2 and the fact that we keep comparing the two probably makes it worst......... come to think of it how come we never compare it mdvaw 1.........

by the way what was the main theme of mdwav 1.... it has been so long since i watch it i barely remember it.....

frankly i will still like to stick wif the idea that MSL and FTY still deserves a last chance even if it means only a few episodes cause i really really miss them and i really really think that they deserve a nice ending even if it means demolishing them two........

Quote Originally Posted by humbeggar
    I've been think ing about this for awhile, and can't come up with an equivalent...

Can someone tell me how to translate the cantonese "Gu Jak" and "Jak Mok" into English? Because Yan Wong (King of Mankind) said he felt "Gu Jak" before he met the Goddess of Yiu Chi, but that feeling is different from "Jak Mok". So... if "Jak Mok" is loneliness, then what is the English translation of "Gu Jak"?
    I am guessing that you are looking for "Gu Jik"? I can't tell what is "Gu Jak"....
    Gu Jik is more likely the combination of "Gu" = alone, solitary, "Jik" = silent,desolate...Not sure if these are the words you are looking for? Anyways, I think "feeling alone" or "feeling lonely" works for the sentence and context. Yan Wong had nobody and was alone and thus felt lonely..English just is limited this way.....unless, you want to add "miserably lonely"...

well mdvaw 2 was good cause it was long and detailed and it showed the love between the two of them

probably one of the reasons why mdvaw 3 was so dissapointing was because the storyline didn't really connect it wif mdwav 2 and the fact that we keep comparing the two probably makes it worst......... come to think of it how come we never compare it mdvaw 1.........

by the way what was the main theme of mdwav 1.... it has been so long since i watch it i barely remember it.....

frankly i will still like to stick wif the idea that MSL and FTY still deserves a last chance even if it means only a few episodes cause i really really miss them and i really really think that they deserve a nice ending even if it means demolishing them two........
    I think MDWAV 1 was interesting but not enough plot..hahaha..it was not confusing enough..just kidding.....i thought there wasn't complexity in MDWAV 1 and also, MDWAV 1 was a basic storyline and introduction to vampires...They actually scratched the entire storyline in MDWAV 1 and make it better in MDWAV 2. This is my opinion. So, MDWAV 2 is the writers' second chance at improving the connections, the characters and plotline because they basically knew what worked in MDWAV 1 and just needed to better the things that didn't work or could be better.

Theme of MDWAV 1 was "Mong Lui Shi Sui" - Who is it in my dreams?

But didn't the King of Mankind (Yan Wong) said that he feels superior than everything else... a loneliness felt by all rulers, or haunting them because they know there can be no equivalent of them in this world... that's why I am searching a word that might express... not only loneliness... but more like a loneliness of a superior ruler. He also said "GU" in "GU JIK" means "King" in ancient chinese, right?

This just keeps bugging me... and I am still looking for a better translation... but thanks for your help ginnie
    Last edited by humbeggar; 04-01-05 at 05:06 AM.

what............ gu jik does not mean king in chinese at all

Quote Originally Posted by humbeggar
    But didn't the King of Mankind (Yan Wong) said that he feels superior than everything else... a loneliness felt by all rulers, or haunting them because they know there can be no equivalent of them in this world... that's why I am searching a word that might express... not only loneliness... but more like a loneliness of a superior ruler. He also said "GU" in "GU JIK" means "King" in ancient chinese, right?

This just keeps bugging me... and I am still looking for a better translation... but thanks for your help ginnie
    孤单, 孤独, 孤寂。。。I am not sure if you are speaking of the same "Gu" here...If it is the same as Gu Dan and Gu Duk, then, I don't think "Gu" means "King" for "Gu Jik".....The "Gu" then becomes "orphan" or "solitary". It is also the same "Gu" in 孤儿 (Gu Yi- orphan)...

Question

While watching MDWAV3 over again, some questioned pop up and now I'm confused.

Why was Siu Ling's daughter mad at her in the first place? Kylie said that she rather not be born if it would lead to a life like the future and all that stuff to Tian You. But at the end she found out that her parents didn't want to fight was because of her. So isn't it contradicting? Like She said she rather not be born....like she knew it was because her that they did not battle? Gah I'm confused.

And why was Tian You looking so old, isn't he a vampire ageless? Is it all because of the disease he had?

I thought I understood why Kenneth killed his first love but now I'm confused. If he loved her, why did he kill her? Can someone remind me the logic behind that again? "Because I love her, I killed her"?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    孤单, 孤独, 孤寂。。。I am not sure if you are speaking of the same "Gu" here...If it is the same as Gu Dan and Gu Duk, then, I don't think "Gu" means "King" for "Gu Jik".....The "Gu" then becomes "orphan" or "solitary". It is also the same "Gu" in 孤儿 (Gu Yi- orphan)...
    Sorry... I thought wrong... I guess I am stuck on thinking how kings refer themselves as 孤王 or 孤家 in tv & opera shows... and Yan Wong is a king, that's why I was confused. But you are right, ginnie & icebreakerz, thanks for the correction.
    Last edited by humbeggar; 04-01-05 at 02:58 PM.

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung

Why was Siu Ling's daughter mad at her in the first place? Kylie said that she rather not be born if it would lead to a life like the future and all that stuff to Tian You. But at the end she found out that her parents didn't want to fight was because of her. So isn't it contradicting? Like She said she rather not be born....like she knew it was because her that they did not battle? Gah I'm confused.

And why was Tian You looking so old, isn't he a vampire ageless? Is it all because of the disease he had?

I thought I understood why Kenneth killed his first love but now I'm confused. If he loved her, why did he kill her? Can someone remind me the logic behind that again? "Because I love her, I killed her"?
    well...tin ngai was angry because MSL prevented tin yau from going to the war, then tin yau sent her back to the past so that she knew what happend and y.....and in the old future, tin ngai didnt know that their parents didnt want to fight because of her...she thought MSL was selfish and got tin yau to stay...

and tin yau's old looking might could of been because he had the diesease...or it might b bad makeup...

knok wun ping and kenneth fought because they wanted to capture the village.....but wun ping insisted to continue to fight...so they fought until kenneth got stabbed by her spear thing...he turned into vampire and she gets killed.....
    when kenneth kills knok wun ping, he finally knows how much he loves her.....and regrets...
    meePiT

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung

Havent posted for so long...Now on to the answering.

1. Tian Ai was mad at her mother because she thought it was because MSL and FTY not going out to battle the two gods resulted in the end of the world.

2. FTY looked old during the flashback to 2024(?) because he was infected with Yui Chi's virus and grew old from it.

3. Kenneth (YNBP) killed Ngan Ping because he (a). couldnt control his vampire form, (b). Later Ngan Ping says that YNPB is the one who has to suffer immortality and not be freed and she has tried her best to free him, or (c. IMO) kenneth couldnt bare see him turn Ngan Ping into a vampire?
    "Believe and it will happen, Do not, and it wont. Never give up on hope, because there will always be miracles for those who believe"

hey thinking back i also have a question

FTY all these years was still inn control of himself because he did not suck a humans blood then in the end if he was to turn a person into a vampire doesn' he have to keep feeding onto human's blood??????

secondly remember in mdvaw 2 he drank MSL blood when they were trasported into the fture then how come he didn't go crazy i mean they were after all fresh human blood

i don't get it at all......

i think NNP let kenneth kill her "kinda" on purpose because she knows that even wif all her might and strength that she tries to fight with him she would not win but she still fough and she beleives that the one that has to stay in the mortal world is the one that will suffer more....

FTY all these years was still inn control of himself because he did not suck a humans blood then in the end if he was to turn a person into a vampire doesn' he have to keep feeding onto human's blood??????

secondly remember in mdvaw 2 he drank MSL blood when they were trasported into the fture then how come he didn't go crazy i mean they were after all fresh human blood
    Only people who have the Ma blood in them will go crazy when they turn into a vampires. Normal vampire will only crave fresh blood but will not go crazy. San Boon Yat Fu, San Boon Mei Loy, Tong Boon Jing and all other San Boon Yat Fu's vampire underlings in MDWAV1 has been drinking fresh blood for a long time, but they all still have full control of their mental faculties.

As for why FTY doesn't need to continuously drink fresh human blood, I think it is because he has become a red eyes vampire. Remember? The vampire commander never need to drink blood.