Page 66 of 113 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2241

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

I have just finished watching Part 3.

Part 1 was the best. It was really about vampires; focusing on their lifestyles, struggles, interactions, etc. Though there were some quacky moments (like the last scene where everybody just sat in the bar - a boggling attempt at the abstract), it was generally fresh, well-paced, exciting and built up to a climax. The twist to the plot also had a deep impact to the storyline.

Part 2 is boring and forgettable. The problem started when it introduced the alien concept to the vampires. And what a waste of the acting talent of Simon Yam! It was also uncalled for to cast many of the same actors and actresses from Part 1 as new or similar characters in Part 2. It was not giving any deja-vu effect if that was the intent. It came across as a opera troupe needing to recycle its limited actors and actresses for its next production. The plot was so uninteresting and the ending was so bad (the power of a couple in love holding bow and shooting arrow together to end the threat) that the only good thing I can remember is the theme song.

Part 3 is somewhere in between. The good parts were that the writer has a good ability to weave various subplots together and interlink different elements throughout. It was well thought of. More goofy elements abound (like Fate as a character, and 'gods' and spaceship 'nirvana'). These were outweigh by great new additions, like Ma Siew Ling's family members, her daughter, her buddy from Mo family and the exciting subplot involving the anti-ghost SWAT team. If only these have been better fleshed out. And Mark Cheng's character was certainly more cool than Simon Yam's. Though so, the story was merely a watchable mediocre. The build-up to the climax was a gradual slope. And with the possible worst-case future already revealed, it somehow took the mystery and suspense away. The plot also have us rooting for Tin Yau's Previous Life (Arrow-head) before relegating this character we have built up a bond with to a supporting role. Consequently, one have little opportunity or time to bond with the actual Tin Yau himself as he was introduced later and most of his endearing heroics were in the earlier Part 1 & 2 which were watched a couple of years ago. Then there was the soft-on-the-inside but hard-on-the-outside Siew Ling's character which was unique and iconic. Well, the plot would turn her into a generic plain-jane heroine eventually. In the analysis, this isn't really a series about vampires. With some minimal plot changes, the whole plot would work as well by substituting say, mutants or great pugilists for the vampires. Sigh, I blame it all on the plot. It has all deviated so much from the spirit and energy of Part 1, they may have killed this franchise once for all. The sad thing is that with the strong cast and great production resources, it could have potentially been better than Part 1. I don't suppose there would be a Part 4; or at least not anytime soon.

well IMO i think part three was never as good as part two the characters were never developed properly so were the relationships..... especially the one wif mark cheang and the girl....... siu fu and the father...... siu ling and tin ai ...... tin ai and sky........ well their relationships were either too fast or never happened at all i found this very annoying as well as the ending it was so stupid............. where they were all interviwed for commenst about acting in the series

part two on the other hand had depth and the storyline was so much smoother then part 3.......... furthermore the whole story line was surpose to be about the ma family going along wif vampires.... in part three we already know MSL was together wif TY theres nothing much about the fate twisting element anymore

a paricular scene that was terific in part 2 was when FTY N MSL were transported into the future and where he nearly got bitten that was the best scene amongst all of the series

by bthe way u know in the end when tin ai was about to leave sky cast some words onto the war wif the knife what did it say i can't read chinese thus i didn't know what it was.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    well IMO i think part three was never as good as part two the characters were never developed properly so were the relationships..... especially the one wif mark cheang and the girl....... siu fu and the father...... siu ling and tin ai ...... tin ai and sky........ well their relationships were either too fast or never happened at all i found this very annoying as well as the ending it was so stupid............. where they were all interviwed for commenst about acting in the series

part two on the other hand had depth and the storyline was so much smoother then part 3.......... furthermore the whole story line was surpose to be about the ma family going along wif vampires.... in part three we already know MSL was together wif TY theres nothing much about the fate twisting element anymore

a paricular scene that was terific in part 2 was when FTY N MSL were transported into the future and where he nearly got bitten that was the best scene amongst all of the series

by bthe way u know in the end when tin ai was about to leave sky cast some words onto the war wif the knife what did it say i can't read chinese thus i didn't know what it was.

If i did not translate it wrongly, it should read something like " even if you are lost forever, my love for you will still remain" correct me if i was wrong

oh thats so sweet of him.........

do u guys think he remembered her when she dissapeared?? of had any feelings cause i remember FTY AND MSL were saying that they felt terribly empty inside their hard as if they had lost someone special

Cool

hmm...i think most likely he will at least felt something...cause he was there when she dissappear...or maybe not

Anyway...i still prefer to think that he remember her

But how come FTY and MSL can remember her name and the end of the show???

Quote Originally Posted by ku4n_seng
    hmm...i think most likely he will at least felt something...cause he was there when she dissappear...or maybe not

Anyway...i still prefer to think that he remember her
    If she never exist, Sky won't even know her. How can person remember someone he doesn't even know? Please note that Tin Ngai did not just disappear, like being kidnapped by alien or something. She never appear in year 2004.
    Just like FTY and MSL, Sky's memory of her will disappear too.

But how come FTY and MSL can remember her name and the end of the show???
    What did she said at the end of the show? My version is the one she died/fainted in FTY's arm in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    What did she said at the end of the show? My version is the one she died/fainted in FTY's arm in the field.
    Ma Siu Ling suggested that they name their child "Tin Ngai" and Tin Yao agreed.
    I assume it was a great coincidence because I don't think they remember the actual "Tin Ngai". They know that they lost somebody but couldn't remember who.

Quote Originally Posted by cplee
    Part 2 is boring and forgettable. The problem started when it introduced the alien concept to the vampires. And what a waste of the acting talent of Simon Yam! It was also uncalled for to cast many of the same actors and actresses from Part 1 as new or similar characters in Part 2. It was not giving any deja-vu effect if that was the intent. It came across as a opera troupe needing to recycle its limited actors and actresses for its next production. The plot was so uninteresting and the ending was so bad (the power of a couple in love holding bow and shooting arrow together to end the threat) that the only good thing I can remember is the theme song.
    Interesting....I didn't think many will prefer Part 3 to Part 2.

I thought the interweaving of stories were greater in Part 2 and the high level of redundancy in Part 3 totally hideous.

Anyhow, a toast to a classic from ATV. Wonder how long will it be before ATV creates another miracle? Who is left at ATV these days? Oh well....Heard that ATV is relocating to another city and building a bigger, better facility five times the size of current location...huge budget, eh...but where are the series? Publicity leh? Promo leh?

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie
    Ma Siu Ling suggested that they name their child "Tin Ngai" and Tin Yao agreed.
    I assume it was a great coincidence because I don't think they remember the actual "Tin Ngai". They know that they lost somebody but couldn't remember who.
    I think it's coincidence and it's not really that great/surprising either. Old Ma Siu Ling and current Ma Siu Ling are still the same Ma Siu Ling. Their minds still work the same way. So, it's nothing strange for them to think of the same name for their child. I've read about identical twins reared apart who named their respective children the same names, own cars of same the model and color, and 1 pair even married women with the same name.

Cool

If she never exist, Sky won't even know her. How can person remember someone he doesn't even know? Please note that Tin Ngai did not just disappear, like being kidnapped by alien or something. She never appear in year 2004.
    Just like FTY and MSL, Sky's memory of her will disappear too.

mine ended in the church....after she "died" in the field...FTY carried her to the church and they said something about having a daughter name TN so MSL cannot die and then FTY bite MSL....and the show ended with FS running in looking for them after they have dissappear....

Cool

I think it's coincidence and it's not really that great/surprising either. Old Ma Siu Ling and current Ma Siu Ling are still the same Ma Siu Ling. Their minds still work the same way. So, it's nothing strange for them to think of the same name for their child. I've read about identical twins reared apart who named their respective children the same names, own cars of same the model and color, and 1 pair even married women with the same name.

it's abit different in this case...the one that suggested naming the child TN is FTY not MSL...Also the old and new MSL is the same one...they are not twins...and how can they name they child even before they have one??? so i dont think it's conincidence

it's abit different in this case...the one that suggested naming the child TN is FTY not MSL...Also the old and new MSL is the same one...they are not twins...and how can they name they child even before they have one??? so i dont think it's conincidence
    Do u understand why I give the Twins example or not?

i think i get what kidd means......... if they had never though of it before then the real tin ai would have never been named tin ai do u get what i mean???? then she would have been named what ever that was said at the end of the show i wonder whether MSL would die after she gives birth???

Cool

Do u understand why I give the Twins example or not?
    Actually i dont quiet understand.... you mind explaining??? sorry...

Identical twins come from 1 fertilized egg that split into two. So, they have the exact same DNA. Study shows that identical twins although rise seperately still tend to have the same peference of things. The old MSL (or FTY) and the current MSL (or FTY) are the same person. If twins can have similar preference. Of course both MSL (or FTY) being the same person will have the same mind and same preference. So, her (or him) thinking of the same name for their kid is not surprising. And who said we cannot name our kid before we have any? People can think up kids' name they like even before they get married.

Actually, what I want to convey is kinda like what ice_breaker said. The current MSL/FTY being the same person as the old one, will think up the same name for their future kid. The only difference in my theory with his/hers is that, history change, so, the new future might not follow the same path as the old future. Tin Ngai might not necessary be named Tin Ngai anymore. That is why I said it's a coincidence. But MSL/FTY being still the same person, will still have the same thought processes. So, the probability of her/him naming their baby Tin Ngai is very high. History change a bit, but most things will still follow similar path because the people involved still has the same personality and will likely choose the same path. So, MSL/FTY naming their baby Tin Ngai is neither surprising nor a great coincidence.

Hope it's not too confusing.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-06-05 at 11:35 AM.

Cool

ARH.... now i get it ... thanks for explaining it to me ...but the ending of the story is abit confusing thought...and everyone die so fast

Default SF version extra scene

Watching the SF Bay Area version of MDWAV3, I find that there is an extra part compare to the HK broadcasted version. I finally accept Kary's character more, since she was shown to be more reasonable at the hospital with Sky, she explained that she had difficulty conveying herself as a girl in front of Sky and told him that she likes him when she has to face the wall (since the virus had already been passed on to Sky through a nurse).

Also, it explained that Sky is not as stupid as I thought when I was watching the HK version. In the HK version, Sky had never explained why he didn't like Kary, but in the SF version, he said that Kary is a great working partner and he knows that she likes him, but he has no other feelings toward her.

I feel that scene was very important for character development, and I really don't understand why ATV cut that out in the HK version. I think a lot of ppl don't like Kary because her characters seemed to be very flat from our brief encounters of her (besides the fact that the actress doesn't have as many fans as Kylie Kwok).

Cool

Hmm....how i wish i can catch that version...the version i had is the HK one...and it seems that everything is left half explained and alot of things are confusing

ya i agree wif u i am so lost between the sky-kary-tin ai relationship it is not even half explained

by the way in the hong kong version when sky wanted tin ai to be his girlfriend even if it mean only for a few hours what happened next in malaysia the scene just ended and then the next episode

my personal opinion is even with extended versions of Kary and more screen time for her, this actress is still not able to exude any kind of warmth in her character. I watched the HK and extended version sometime ago and I still feel this dislike for her. The last impression she left with me is not positive. Some people just don't have the right touch on screen.