Page 7 of 113 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by JunBao
    I don't think the charges were dropped.. ... anyway, I think it's kinda dumb for mango to sue Eric wan.. ...
    ya i think it's dumb too... boo mango lol

hahaz.. ... maybe thats her way of gaiing fame :P
    Anyway, I just saw episode 32, Hmmm.. .. why did Kow Suk not kill Yao Kow, I mean he loves his brother, that we all know. But is it worth it to let fate destroy everything??
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

hahaz.. ... maybe thats her way of gaiing fame :P
    Anyway, I just saw episode 32, Hmmm.. .. why did Kow Suk not kill Yao Kow, I mean he loves his brother, that we all know. But is it worth it to let fate destroy everything??
    if i am kow suk, then i will kill his brother to free him from fate, but if kow suk did that then there will be nothing to say for the next few episodes...and omg lol the huge age difference haha

as for mango...hmm i don't like her being gum bo (don't know why, maybe that news of her and tinyau ruined her for me) and mango doesn't really match with siuling (my opinion)

but i really think this season is pretty good, the plot is new and cool (only some episodes in between such as the superman and chang er that i don't really like and those that doesn't have tinyau and siuling in it...)

and i think the ratings is around 10? cuz i read it in some article a friend sent me, it said it's around 10 and it's screwing up the ratings for split second (a tvb series airing at the same time)

sigh...the last episode is on saturday...i am so gonna miss this...everyday after school the first thing i go home is press download on the computer...blah...we waited around four years for this series and the fun just lasted one and a hour months ><

Quote Originally Posted by SmokiEe

sigh...the last episode is on saturday...i am so gonna miss this...everyday after school the first thing i go home is press download on the computer...blah...we waited around four years for this series and the fun just lasted one and a hour months ><
    Totally agree with you.
    However, i stil think that mdwav3 is abit of an dissapointment to me IMO. Maybe because i waited for so long so i was expecting for something out of range. But i dont really like the paste in which its proceeding.
    A dream that really comes true, cannot truly be called a dream.

I managed to download the Mandarin version, up to episode 35 last night, and watched it all at one sitting. Whew.

SmokiEe worked out that Episode 24 in Mandarin corresponded to Episode 18 in Cantonese. However, the cuts were not 6 x 40 = 240 min as she calculated because each Mandarin episode is really only about half an hour. The opening was like 4 mins, and the closing song was also about 4 mins. Each Cantonese episode is about 40 mins; that's why the episode numbers do not correspond.

Somebody wanted to know if there was a lot of cuts in the Cantonese version. The asnwer is no. There are cuts; no doubt about that. But the cuts are really linking scenes rather than real content. For example, in the very first episode, when Fok Sang runs out of waiting bar (after Siuling returns, takes her gear and leaves again) and somebody stops him and askes if his name is Fong Fok Sang. He answers "Yes, so what?"

In the Cantonese version:
    Man: Somebody took my motorcycle and my girlfriend's mobile phone. I ask you, so what now?
    Fok Sang: Beautiful Lady, what is your mobile phone number?

However, in the Mandarin version (names in Mandarin):
    Man: Somebody took my motorcycle and my girlfriend's mobile phone. She says that somebody by the name of Kuang Fusheng will be coming by and he would compensate me. Since you are Kuang Fusheng, I ask you. So what now?
    Fu Sheng: Beautiful Lady, what is your mobile phone number?

Missing scenes like this. There are a few of such missing scenes in every episode. The storyline does not change at all, but the Cantonese version does leave more question marks with regards to continuity because of such cuts. I remember when I first watched the Cantonese version of Episode 1, I was wondering how the heck this man knew to ask if Fok Sang's name was Fok Sang.

I'd recommend the Mandarin version simply because of the better continuity. Since I'm fortunate enough to understand both, I'm sticking to the Cantonese version for now. It's most up-to-date. The story line in Episode 35 of the Mandarin version corresponds only to about Episode 28 of the Cantonese version. Right now, my desire to find out what happens next overrides my wish to see a more holistic version. Once the Cantonese version ends, I'll d/l the Mandarin version to see what I missed.
    Last edited by metwin1; 12-08-04 at 03:08 PM.

It's ironic that a production of a Hong Kong television series (mostly) in Hong Kong with Hong Kong actors and Hong Kong writers is being presented full and complete in other markets, but is being butchered for the Hong Kong audience.

metwin1, there's a DVDrip to rmvb version of the series going about online (it's in cantonese), and I believe it to be an uncut version (just because the time/location stamp/date stamp is exactly like what you see in the mandarin version). So far up to ep 14 has been released. From the way the ending credits went, I strongly believe this DVDrip to rmvb is the one available for rental overseas.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Quote Originally Posted by metwin1
    In the Cantonese version:
    Man: Somebody took my motorcycle and my girlfriend's mobile phone. I ask you, so what now?
    Fok Sang: Beautiful Lady, what is your mobile phone number?

However, in the Mandarin version (names in Mandarin):
    Man: Somebody took my motorcycle and my girlfriend's mobile phone. She says that somebody by the name of Kuang Fusheng will be coming by and he would compensate me. Since you are Kuang Fusheng, I ask you. So what now?
    Fu Sheng: Beautiful Lady, what is your mobile phone number?
    metwin1, that scene you wrote down...didn't the cantonese version also include the part where Fok Sang attempts to run after Siu Ling, calling out her name, telling her not to go (this occured right after the Man says that line you wrote above) but the Man and his gf is basically holding him back?
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin

Hey thanks for all the explanations guys....it really helps those of us whose foreign language skillz aren't up to par and those who dont feel like downloading two versions of the same show.

So here's another plot questions for you guys?
    What does Nick want Tin Yau and Siu Fu to do in the underworld?
    I'm guessing has to do w/ some plan Dai Jung Wong worked out earlier.

Btw...since Kao Suk was already dead, did Fate actually kill him again?

ufo

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca
    metwin1, there's a DVDrip to rmvb version of the series going about online (it's in cantonese), and I believe it to be an uncut version (just because the time/location stamp/date stamp is exactly like what you see in the mandarin version). So far up to ep 14 has been released. From the way the ending credits went, I strongly believe this DVDrip to rmvb is the one available for rental overseas.
    ya i am downloading that right now

Question Help needed

Quote Originally Posted by SmokiEe
    mentioned before...
    www.dsoul.net
    or
    www.btchina.net
    Hi, I'm new here and I've enjoyed reading all the comments made by everybody. I'm a BIG fan of this series. I've watched 1 & 2 and enjoyed it immensely. I'm Vietnamese and live in Australia so I can't watch Part 3 until sometime next year when it comes over here. According to the above message you can dl it from the net. I tried but having no luck. Can someone please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

metwin1, that scene you wrote down...didn't the cantonese version also include the part where Fok Sang attempts to run after Siu Ling, calling out her name, telling her not to go (this occured right after the Man says that line you wrote above) but the Man and his gf is basically holding him back?
    Yes. The scene that I'm talking about is a specific 15 sec clip that was cut. In the Cantonese version, Fok Sang tried to run after Ma Siu Ling, but was grabbed by the boyfriend, who questioned him if his name was Fong Fok Sang, and that a lady came out of nowhere and grabbed his motorcycle, and what he was going to do about it.

In the Mandarin version, the guy spoke this additional sentence "The lady said that a guy named Kuang Fusheng is coming, and he'd compensate me for my motorcycle." This sentence was missing in the Cantonese version.

Logically, this scene should have remained. If somebody grabbed your motorcycle and left, and another person came running along behind screaming "Siu Ling Ze Ze, don't go!" , you can make an educated guess that this person knew the bike thief, but you wouldn't have known the name of this person, would you?

There are many many of such cuts and these cuts are often not obvious. Another example is the last scene between Mars and Mo Yau. The conversation (all the lovey dovey stuff) was a tad longer. Probably an additional 2 or 3 sentences.

The quarrel between Siu Ling and Arrowhead was also longer (after she mistakenly hugged him and called him Tin Yau while drunk) in the Mandarin version.

I can only guess that ATV received more advertisers wanting spots than they expected, and was forced to make such cuts, while keeping it to 36 episodes. I mean, there aren't too many people who'd be able to compare and contrast and thus find cuts if you don't d/l the episodes. Frankly, I wouldn't have watched the Mandarin version if I didn't know that cuts were made in the Cantonese version in the first place. I like Mandarin because I can understand it better, but I prefer the Cantonese version because it's the original dialect used during the filming.

I've kept myself as up-to-date as possible with the episodes; I download them the moment they get uploaded to bit-torrent. The roles of Siu Fu, Siu Ling and Tin Yau are not revealed yet, as of episode 33 (cantonese), and there isn't information available on the ATV website. Not that I can see of course, but as I've said, I have problems reading the traditional script. Kau Shuk IS already dead, so I have to assume that Fate destroyed his spirit/ghost somehow.

Where is this Cantonese dvdrip available for download anyway?

Where is this Cantonese dvdrip available for download anyway?
    you can find it on btchina or if you are a member of the AF forum you can go check the thread in the d/l section (u can only access the d/l section after a certain # of non-spammed posts)
    Currently watching:

Basically, where is Mo Yau.. .. after the gang went through so much things and she hasnt been back yet???
    Anyway, I think Siuling rejection of going to stop the battle between Ren Wang and Shen Mu has something to do with Tin Ai.. .. If i did not guess wrongly, Tin Ai would dissapear due to the change in history. If Siuling were to join in the battle, she would dissapear right?
    Havent been to the Atv site and read the summary yet... ...
    Btw, maybe because of my bad impression of Mango (due to the malest case) I don't really like her character. Glad that someone feel the same way as I do :P. Don't find her convincing as SiuLing mum, personally i feel that her acting Sux!! But I;m really impressed with Ma DaLong, hmmm... ... at least he is convincing as SiuLing and SiuFu father.
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

Basically, where is Mo Yau.. .. after the gang went through so much things and she hasnt been back yet???
    Anyway, I think Siuling rejection of going to stop the battle between Ren Wang and Shen Mu has something to do with Tin Ai.. .. If i did not guess wrongly, Tin Ai would dissapear due to the change in history. If Siuling were to join in the battle, she would dissapear right?
    Havent been to the Atv site and read the summary yet... ...
    Btw, maybe because of my bad impression of Mango (due to the malest case) I don't really like her character. Glad that someone feel the same way as I do :P. Don't find her convincing as SiuLing mum, personally i feel that her acting Sux!! But I;m really impressed with Ma DaLong, hmmm... ... at least he is convincing as SiuLing and SiuFu father.
    ya i don't really like mango too...right after i heard about the news regarding eric and her...i STILL don't think eric will do such thing...and yes, her acting sucks...emotion less haha

ma dai yen character fit pretty well....too bad the actor had a habit of stuttering his lines when he first appeared in the show.

i thought the gum bo character was alright, good contrast to mai dai yen.

hmm...how are they going to possibly end the series in 3 episodes.
    so far...it looks like they're all gonna die =/

ufo
    Last edited by ufoathome; 12-09-04 at 05:59 PM.

The storyline kind of stunning and you always wanted to guess the next part after watching it. It is quite original for its plots, maybe just because that I have been watching TVB series for quite some time. Being bored by its plots as we can really guess what is going to happen next. Somemore the soundtrack merely the same for almost every series. Almost every swordfighting series have the same music. The TVB ending theme just almost the same in almost every series. After watching MDWV3, I feel refreshed and it have build up my interest for ATV series.

But there are some plots that not everyone favours like Mo Yau's crying, it drag too long for several episodes. There are not much of vampire activities during the series...Kind of dissapointed over it.

The series seems been diverted to other themes like Ren Wang & Seng Mo. Isn't it that the main star here is Tin Yau and Siew Ling? Hope the story could further develop and enrich with more vampire's actions. Hmm maybe thats an opening for MDWV4 & MDWV5. I have watch Eps33, I dun think I would like the story to end at EPS 36. Hope it would be longer.

I guess ATV does not have enough funds to continue the story. Maybe MDWV4 will be better. Just like in MDWV2, they pump in more funds, make use of more equipments and computer graphics. The dragon in MDWV2 looks better & stunning than in MDWV3. The computer graphics sucks in MDWV3.

The plot in MDWV3 for the Music Box Ghost is not very appealing. Kind of dissapointed over the acting. Over act...I dun feel it to be very spontaneous and natural.

How I hope, ATV could produce a story for every individual characters. Like Yun Ngan Pat Poh and Ngan Peng. A single episode for each character would be good to introduce to the audience the characters in MDWV3. Thats a better way to market out their product. Else I think they fails to generate enough funds as to compare to TVB because TVB commercialize their series with lots of marketing strategies. It has been very successful for them. I dun understand why ATV could not compete.

Hope ATV will be better in future to give TVB their best shot over the competition.

Actually I feel sorry for Mango. All the females had cool beaus. Siuling had Tin Yau, Seng Mou had Yan Wong, heck, even Tin Ai had Sky. But Mango had a middle-age plain man as her love interest. :P

The next person I feel sorry for is Pinky. Mou Leur's love interest, Mr X is a sorry excuse for existence. Which is sad because these 2 people do have screen chemistry. I like their characters in Vampire I the best of all. Tong Bun Zhen Mou (AKA Ken) looked the best. He was actually intelligent in Vampire I. In Vampires II and III, his roles are just plain silly and absolutely unnecessary, it's as if he's there simply as a love interest to Pinky's character.

hmmm. .. I kind of like the SDU storyline.. .. :P
    Anyway, pretty sure it's going to end in 36 episodes.. .. but hey, who knows
    Personally, I feel that Mdwav3 has alot of unecessary things that were dragged long, and lack of elaboration for somethings... ... For example, Ren Wang and Shen Mu story,can't they just cut part of it off?!?!! Then elaborate on Sky and Tin Ai, because I kept wondering why did Sky and Tin Ai fall in love? They don't have much screen time together resulting in the lack of chemistry.. ..
    And of course, Tin Yau and Siuling.. .. pretty much impossible due to the injury lar :P
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

In Vampires II and III, his roles are just plain silly and absolutely unnecessary, it's as if he's there simply as a love interest to Pinky's character.
    No, his role in Vampire II is very important. He is needed to produce that superbaby of his with Mei Loy that will help save the world.
    Last edited by kidd; 12-10-04 at 02:58 PM.