Page 99 of 113 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2241

Thread: My Date With A Vampire 1-3

Default Please tell me what you think

I also want to ask you guys a very important question, and I would really want to hear an honest answer... So far, I have made subtitle files for My Date with a Vampire 3, but these subtitle files only synchronize with a certain version of downloaded video files. I am thinking whether or not I should also allow bit torrent on my website, as I am not sure if people can use the subtitles without a synchronized video files. However, I don't want to violate copyright laws, and I would also prefer that actual fans would buy the VCDs. Personally, I don't have the VCDs, so I am not sure if that is a fair request. So can someone tell me what they think?

Should I allow bit torrent of the video files on my site, or not?

I like to contribute to the loophole or screw-up list.

Actually, there is very little.
    Most of the time ppl get confused as they mixed up reality and 13's world which is apparently SIMILAR but NOT THE SAME.
    Initially thought of providing explanations to the "so-called" loopholes but possibly it is the audience who need adjustment to their perspectives and views. (i.e Jiantou-Tianyou/Bupo-SB1F relationships=>Non-linear reincarnation) Depending on ppl's acceptance: some I find OK; possibly others might whine. Unless of course I tabulate all the errors and explain them 1 by 1. (Project underway)

Or I can send you the list. Then later give u my explanation, together with those explanations on the net that I find interesting? The explanation format goes like this:

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...postcount=1716

There is no one explanation to any question in 13's world. Thus there will be perspectives as well as % possibility of that.

Actually with a timeline, it explains 75% of everything. But the compiling needs analysing in MDWAV II plot. The VCD I had did not have subs. So I have been appealing for II subs, as disciphering from the horrible dubs is a pain. RM subbed versions are all Bit torrents; I don't want any copyright issues. Really hope to find simply the subs only. Else making the timeline is so tedious...
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

hey~ just wanna drop by to show my support for MDWAV series~
    i just finished watching 2 and 3 for the third time

i've also watched the china version of vampire3, but the ending seems to be the same, am i right? Just that they added some lines to "day jong wong" with him talking about stars before he became the "*** hay" arrow?

sorry i'm from HongKong and i only know cantonese pinyin~

btw, when i found this thread and looked at the very last post, i was surprised it was just from a few days ago~ i thought this thread would have been dead but i'm glad it's still here~ and i'm here to support and keep this thread alive
    Last edited by SilentWish; 07-31-06 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by humbeggar
    There are two endings. You should be able to see them at Youtube.
    If you are fans or supportors or interested viewers of ATV drama TV series
    "My Date with the Vampire 1 & 2 & 3", please support ATV by purchasing original VCDs boxsets that are already available for purchase on asian video entertainment stores such as

1. http://www.malmusic.com

2. http://www.sensasian.com

3. http://www.yesasia.com

***this ATV produced drama tv series is worth watching, please support ATV by purchasing ATV produced drama tv series in original vcds boxsets so ATV will continue produce more good drama tv series in the future.

I have purchased the original vcds boxsets of ATV "My date with the Vampire 2 & 3 ."

****ATV have continuous substantial loss every year because of much lower viewership ratings even though they have produced good drama tv series that are better quality than TVB's recent dramas.

****NO matter what quality dramas TVB produced, TVB always gained substantial profits for many years in high viewerships in overseas, domestically, & sales of TVB 's vcd boxsets. TVB have purchased land to expand on their studio & production sets while they have in the past produced drastically shortened version of vcds boxsets of their tv series.

Hi, SilentWish, feel free to look around!

-------
    Mine III is w/o the HK ending. Don't know why they didn't include it in the international version. Doesn't ATV knows there are fans overseas?

My II is w/o subs. I'd say ATV needs to put in more efforts on their side to maintain their sales too!
    Birds belong to the sky like fishes to water; Dont set them free, they are never meant be.

Red face Support ATV but not blindly support it

Quote Originally Posted by earth4477
    If you are fans or supportors or interested viewers of ATV drama TV series
    "My Date with the Vampire 1 & 2 & 3", please support ATV by purchasing original VCDs boxsets that are already available for purchase on asian video entertainment stores...
    I agree with what you said about supporting ATV. But, the thing with youtube is that they wouldn't have the entire episode or even half a episode shown, so what I was telling others is that the direct TV broadcasted ending of MDWAV3 and the VCD version ending are both available on youtube. Both of them are less than 15 minutes. It only gives the ones that either purchased the VCDs or watched only the broadcasted version to see the different endings. I don't believe people who have watched the broadcasted version is willing to buy the whole boxset for only 15 minutes of footage. And I think people who did buy the VCDs overseas but missed the broadcasted version can really see the different ending only through the internet.

So far, I have watched all three vampire series broadcasted on my local TV station in America. Indirectly, that is a way to support ATV, since the local TV station has to bargain with ATV with broadcasting rights. I write to the station often if I hear that the next installment is out to make sure that they buy it directly from ATV. I think that is way more effective in making sure ATV stays afloat than just ATV sales. Remember, ATV is not the dealer that sells their VCDs directly. It helps to buy VCDs, but it does not have as much of a direct effect on the ATV station. The profit goes mainly to the dealer and VCD manufacturers, and local distributor.

Seriously, I think ATV needs to sub their dramas to expand its own market. You can't seriously expect only cantonese people to support the station overseas, when there are so many more mandarin speaking people. And everyone knows their dub sucks, as wusiaobo points out. Moreover, TVB puts their hit drama on DVDs with various options. I move around a lot, so portability is a big issue in my life. The shipping cost to the consumer can be so much lower if ATV format vampires in DVDs. They know it's a hit, their cast and production can be great, but their sales management really pushes consumers away. I wanted to buy the boxset for a long time, since I am making English subtitles for all three series. But I am still unwilling to pay so much for the shipping cost, and the ridiculous VCD format. I am still waiting for someone to go back to HK and bring me the VCDs, but wouldn't that be a burden to my friend?

It's not about supporting ATV or not... It's not about willing to pay or not, but I am concerned whether or not I will be satisfied with what I pay for.
    Last edited by humbeggar; 08-01-06 at 12:57 AM.

Aye, I support you humbeggar.

Making subs is never easy. I tried doing an srt version on II (translating myself) but give up eventually. Timing wise is really hell...

As for the previously mentioned downloads. Actually I would rather people to download your subs and watch the original VCDs with the subs. However, since your subs is sychronised only to a certain format (rm-taiwanese for instance). Perhaps you can point to the source rather than hosting the downloads on your webpage. Dunno whether this method will trigger copyright issues...

thanks for the welcome wusiaobo

so can anyone please tell me the difference between the broadcasted version and the vcd version of the vampire3 ending? I'm confused..
    does the ending make much of a difference?

The endings do make a difference...

---Spoiler, though most have already seen the endings----

Depending which versions the TV stations bought, can't really classify "broadcast" or "VCD". It will depend whether it is HK or international versions.

International (VCD): Stadium - Xiaoling believe she is not going to die; Tianyou hold her...

HK: Church - Tianyou & Xiaoling finally wed. But Xiaoling is dying soon. Tianyou bit her...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the church endings sounds more like a happy end, acceptable to most; the stadium version give rise to better room for imagination.

Wusiaobo, did you get the link I PM you? The forum is activated, and the fan fiction also lists the story you submitted. So, if you have time, can you give me some feedback? Thanks.

Hi Humbeggar,

Visited the website already. Nice pictures oh!
    Perhaps:

A) the side panel can change to "flyout" style? This way the pictures/ text can have larger space for presentation. (i.e. Timeline explanation- tabulation is quite long)
    Many websites have this property. But am no JAVA programmer, wonder if it is hard to do?
    B) Fan art, maybe
    C) subs for II hehe
    D) Fan made wallpapers, desktops etc
    E) Song lyrics

Just send over my partial timeline to your email ([email protected])
    Please give some opinions on this one

Anyone like June? Actually she's really cute!

Vivian To
    http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...uloc/120_1.jpg

PMed, humbeggar.

Quote Originally Posted by wusiaobo
    The endings do make a difference...

---Spoiler, though most have already seen the endings----

Depending which versions the TV stations bought, can't really classify "broadcast" or "VCD". It will depend whether it is HK or international versions.

International (VCD): Stadium - Xiaoling believe she is not going to die; Tianyou hold her...

HK: Church - Tianyou & Xiaoling finally wed. But Xiaoling is dying soon. Tianyou bit her...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the church endings sounds more like a happy end, acceptable to most; the stadium version give rise to better room for imagination.
    thanks for the info~
    i've tried looking on youtube.. but didn't have any luck finding the ending

i've watched both china and hk endings.. although somethings are different in the middle.. the endings were the same

Quote Originally Posted by humbeggar
    I agree with what you said about supporting ATV. But, the thing with youtube is that they wouldn't have the entire episode or even half a episode shown, so what I was telling others is that the direct TV broadcasted ending of MDWAV3 and the VCD version ending are both available on youtube. Both of them are less than 15 minutes. It only gives the ones that either purchased the VCDs or watched only the broadcasted version to see the different endings. I don't believe people who have watched the broadcasted version is willing to buy the whole boxset for only 15 minutes of footage. And I think people who did buy the VCDs overseas but missed the broadcasted version can really see the different ending only through the internet.

So far, I have watched all three vampire series broadcasted on my local TV station in America. Indirectly, that is a way to support ATV, since the local TV station has to bargain with ATV with broadcasting rights. I write to the station often if I hear that the next installment is out to make sure that they buy it directly from ATV. I think that is way more effective in making sure ATV stays afloat than just ATV sales. Remember, ATV is not the dealer that sells their VCDs directly. It helps to buy VCDs, but it does not have as much of a direct effect on the ATV station. The profit goes mainly to the dealer and VCD manufacturers, and local distributor.

Seriously, I think ATV needs to sub their dramas to expand its own market. You can't seriously expect only cantonese people to support the station overseas, when there are so many more mandarin speaking people. And everyone knows their dub sucks, as wusiaobo points out. Moreover, TVB puts their hit drama on DVDs with various options. I move around a lot, so portability is a big issue in my life. The shipping cost to the consumer can be so much lower if ATV format vampires in DVDs. They know it's a hit, their cast and production can be great, but their sales management really pushes consumers away. I wanted to buy the boxset for a long time, since I am making English subtitles for all three series. But I am still unwilling to pay so much for the shipping cost, and the ridiculous VCD format. I am still waiting for someone to go back to HK and bring me the VCDs, but wouldn't that be a burden to my friend?

It's not about supporting ATV or not... It's not about willing to pay or not, but I am concerned whether or not I will be satisfied with what I pay for.

Humbegger,
    Yesasia.com recently advertised on its on-line store website free shipping on orders of over $35 order---you have to see the website for details.

I hope ATV's good tv series "MY DATE WITH THE VAMPIRE I & II & III" gets popular & more purchased by consumers since ists worthwhile & its too bad they did not get the same amount of popularity & consumption by viewers, fans , interested viewers-consumers.

I notice most asian video on-line stores gave TVB a major advantage by advertising their tv series on the front page of their page & a specific link to it because of perceived high sales of tvb series while atv series are put in the back hidden -harder to find. If these on-line stores received much less sales or few sales of released ATV series of "MY DATE WITH THE VAMPIRE" on vcds boxsets, they will buy much less ATV vcds boxsets or NO ATV vcds boxsets at all if perceived not wothwhile as TVB. I hope fans or interested viewers would support good ATV productions by purchasing the orignial vcds boxsets instead of downloading free ATV series from internet such as "MY DATE WITH THE VAMPIRE I & II & III". Also downloading ATV series can be SO SLOW that its more worthwhile to buy the original vcds boxsets than waiting like forever for downloading.

***i have purchased "my date with the vampire II & III" from asian video on-line store--which some offered FREE SHIPPING IF YOU ORDER OVER A SPECIFIC AMOUNT.

***Question to you: what tv channel in america did you watch ATV drama TV series?? what's the name of the TV channel? Is there a website???

Same with humbeggar, 15 min worth of footage is not really appealing to buy the boxsets again. Since I have the 3 sets of VCDs. What I am concered with is this fantastic drama does not come with subs for part II.

Can't find II in the market, perhaps they are send back for resub? Next thing is, I will still need to download the subbed, poor quality versions to see. Why don't ATV provide the subs?

To gain higher sales, I think ATV needs to put in some effort as well. Not just based on we blindly supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWish
    i've tried looking on youtube.. but didn't have any luck finding the ending

i've watched both china and hk endings.. although somethings are different in the middle.. the endings were the same
    The ending broadcasted in Hong Kong is definitely different from the VCD ending.

Hong Kong ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsuGKwe_3P4

VCD ending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbQQG8958z0

Hong Kong Ending - Pictorial version:

http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=105016847

i thinkk they are making MDWAV4~ checkk linkk here

http://www.babeijiu.com/bbj6/81/21287922a.htm

main characters wuld be fong tin ai instead!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www3.babeijiu.com/122/1.jpg')

other characters
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www3.babeijiu.com/122/2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www3.babeijiu.com/122/3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www3.babeijiu.com/122/4.jpg')

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon2
    i thinkk they are making MDWAV4~ checkk linkk here

http://www.babeijiu.com/bbj6/81/21287922a.htm
    u do dat simp chinese website anit reliable!!! I think they makin it also but the website look more like rumours.

we all trust u if u post a Trad Chinese website it's more reliable IMO.