Thread: The Invincible Snowy hair Woman -Bonnie Ngai and Savio Tsang

Default The Invincible Snowy hair Woman -Bonnie Ngai and Savio Tsang

Since the release of Nicky Wu's Bride with white hair, I can find lots of video and information on the 86 version. The version that I love most, and will probably can't be replace by any other adaption.

This series stars

Bonnie Ngai as Lian Nichang
    Savio Tsang as
    Zhuo Yihang
    Chen Kuan-tai
    Wong Jo-see
    Amy Yip

I first fell in love with both Bonnie and Savio watching this series, I wish they had made more together as a couple, but I don't think that will be happening. I was so happy to see them both with TVB in the early 90's but Bonnie aged more then Savio. Was so excited to see Savio portray such important rolls back then, but it sadden me because through out the years TVB sack his below, and gave him such unimportant rolls, Uh that is for another thread, anyhow I really want to share these rare finds.

Enjoy

The beginning

and the sad ending

When I was younger I wished he had found the flower to cure her, I was hoping the series wouldn't end and that they would live happily , but booo!

The theme song is so very lovely. Does anyone know the Chinese title of the song? Does anyone have this song? I would love to have it.

I remember watching this series a few years back. I thought Savio was soooo handsome, but his character annoyed me. Too wish-washy. His character wasn't too intelligent and he was too easily influenced by others. But what irritated me the most was his lack of trust in Lian Nichang. In fact, he irked me so much that I was happy she left him in the end. She was better off without him.

While Savio was in his prime during this time, I think Bonnie Ngai was already a bit past it, although she did carry herself really well. In a sense it wasn't that bad since it was established that Zuo was younger than Lian in this serial. Wong Chao-tse and Chen Kuan-tai were really good in this series too - moving to ATV was probably one of the best things Wong Chao-tse ever did for her career.

On a side note, I was shocked to see that the themesong was sung by Bun Bun (who played Han Xiaoying in LOCH 82, unless there was another Bun Bun in ATV) - I didn't know she could sing, or that she could sing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The theme song is so very lovely. Does anyone know the Chinese title of the song? Does anyone have this song? I would love to have it.

I remember watching this series a few years back. I thought Savio was soooo handsome, but his character annoyed me. Too wish-washy. His character wasn't too intelligent and he was too easily influenced by others. But what irritated me the most was his lack of trust in Lian Nichang. In fact, he irked me so much that I was happy she left him in the end. She was better off without him.
    I didn't like his character either, I wish he would just sweep her off her feet and defended her also. at least he was handsome :X

Used to love this series when I was a kid. Very sad ending =(

My first ever serie I watch when I was kid and still remember it. Really sad ending. Savio was popular back then and now he only acting a small role ''sigh''

Good memento song
    CR: nyimkecil YT

I think he left tvb now. I remember when I first saw him in tvb he had a few big roles. I read that after him and cutie mui broke up he started getting smaller roles. Not sure if its true.

Anyhow love this series. Bonnie so pretty =)

What was Savio's biggest role in TVB? As far as I remember he never got anything even close to the main supporting roles. I know he was in TVB as early as 1994 when he played Guo Xiaotian in LOCH, not sure if he joined earlier, though.

He was second lead in this series with Joanne Chan and Sheran Tang. He played the thief, the story is about Jin Chiu and how he started working for judge pao I believe. I saw it so long ago I don't really remember it in detail. That was the first series I saw him in TVB. I had no idea he was in LOCH. Saw that way back then. He was also in justice pao in one of the stories, I guess u can say he was a big supporting or one of the leads for that particular story and I think Gloria yip was in that story.

But yes he does have a lot of little roles now. Thought he was really good in gun metal grey too... They try to make him look like an old man with the white highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    What was Savio's biggest role in TVB? As far as I remember he never got anything even close to the main supporting roles. I know he was in TVB as early as 1994 when he played Guo Xiaotian in LOCH, not sure if he joined earlier, though.
    He was Mo Chung ins 'Gentle Reflections'. That should consider to be lead.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

He was sexy as Shek Chi Heen, the Evil King in TVB's "Twin of Brothers".
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I just remember he was in gentleman crackdown 2. He was in most of the series but played a villain.

The entire serial has been uploaded onto Youtube for those who are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTkN...ebQjHIUNSyLp5Q

The entire serial has been uploaded onto Youtube for those who are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTkN...ebQjHIUNSyLp5Q
    Nice, will be watching this later. Thanks Ian Liew

Going back to Savio, he is second lead in tai chi master. Very handsome there as well.

Started watching this series. Interesting story so far, and fight scenes are really good for it's time - good acrobatics and very fast as they use the technique where they speed up the video slightly. The hand "block" sound effects are good as well.

As Ian Liew mentioned in this thread, Bonnie Ngai (she played Huang Rong in ROCH1995) was already a bit past it for her kind of role in the drama, she was around 28 at the time of it. Whilst I didn't really mind this, what was kind of irritating was how many female fans mentioned how "great" it was seeing an "older" and "not the most attractive" woman (Bonnie Ngai) having a romance with a young and very handsome man (Savio Tsang) in the drama. They'd be complaining in outrage if the genders were the other way round.
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

Very good topik

Good series. I remember my youth. Everything is dynamic and interesting. Immerse yourself in the beautifully crafted world of ancient China.
    All in all, I highly recommend The Invincible Woman with Snow Hair to anyone looking for a thrilling and action-packed series back in the day. Bonnie Ngai and Savio Tsang have truly created a masterpiece.